PDA

View Full Version : Hillary's Campaign Planted Question at Forum

red states rule
11-10-2007, 07:26 AM
Why does the smartest women in the world need to coach audience members to ask planted questions?

College Paper Reveals: Hillary's Campaign Planted Question at Forum

Published: November 09, 2007 11:45 PM ET

DES MOINES An aide for Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton gave a Grinnell College student a question to ask the Democratic presidential candidate during a forum this week in central Iowa.

That the question had been planted by the campaign was not mentioned at the event.

"This is not standard policy and will not be repeated again," the campaign said in a statement issued Friday night. Clinton herself did not know when she called on the student that the question had been suggested by one of her staff, the campaign said.

"The senator had no idea," Clinton spokesman Mo Elleithee told The Associated Press.

Clinton appeared at a biodiesel plant in Newton on Tuesday to introduce her energy plan. A student, Muriel Gallo-Chasanoff, later told Grinnell College's student newspaper, The Scarlet & Black, that she was asked by a senior Clinton staffer to pose a question about global warming. She also said that staffers prompted the senator to call on her, the newspaper reported.

"A member of our staff did discuss a possible question about Sen. Clinton's energy plan at a forum," the campaign statement said.

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003671039

chesswarsnow
11-10-2007, 09:20 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Expect to hear an avalanche of the *Neo~Liberal Media* all about this story.:laugh2:
2. The shear silence of them tells the story very well.
3. All the drones of *Low IQ Robots* who watch the *Neo~Liberal Media Spin Machine* will never even hear of this story.
4. Makes me wonder about how the truth can be dismissed over just about anything in that media.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

red states rule
11-10-2007, 09:21 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Expect to hear an avalanche of the *Neo~Liberal Media* all about this story.:laugh2:
2. The shear silence of them tells the story very well.
3. All the drones of *Low IQ Robots* who watch the *Neo~Liberal Media Spin Machine* will never even hear of this story.
4. Makes me wonder about how the truth can be dismissed over just about anything in that media.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

The liberal media reporting the truth about Hillary? Now if Rudy had a question planted......................

The liberal media is Hillary's biggest supporter and provides so much free advertising via the front page

red states rule
11-10-2007, 03:10 PM
The smartest women in the world keeps stepping in it. Here is an update on the planted question

Clinton Campaign Confirms Planting Town Hall Question, Says It Won't Happen Again
Saturday, November 10, 2007

By Major Garrett

SIOUX CITY, Iowa — Democratic presidential frontrunner Hillary Clinton’s campaign admitted Friday that it planted a global warming question in Newton, Iowa, Tuesday during a town hall meeting to discuss clean energy.

Clinton campaign spokesman Mo Elliethee admitted that the campaign had planted the question and said it would not happen again.

"On this occasion a member of our staff did discuss a possible question about Senator Clinton's energy plan at a forum,” Elliethee said.

“However, Senator Clinton did not know which questioners she was calling on during the event. This is not standard policy and will not be repeated again.”

In a state where the caucus is held sacred and the impromptu and candid style of the town hall meeting is held dear, Clinton’s planted question may come as a great offense to Iowans.

According to a report on the Grinnell University Web site, the Clinton campaign arranged for some of the questions for the candidate to be asked by college students:

"On Tuesday Nov. 6, the Clinton campaign stopped at a biodiesel plant in Newton as part of a weeklong series of events to introduce her new energy plan. The event was clearly intended to be as much about the press as the Iowa voters in attendance, as a large press core helped fill the small venue....

"After her speech, Clinton accepted questions. But according to Grinnell College student Muriel Gallo-Chasanoff ’10, some of the questions from the audience were planned in advance. 'They were canned,' she said. Before the event began, a Clinton staff member approached Gallo-Chasanoff to ask a specific question after Clinton’s speech. 'One of the senior staffers told me what [to ask],' she said.

"Clinton called on Gallo-Chasanoff after her speech to ask a question: what Clinton would do to stop the effects of global warming. Clinton began her response by noting that young people often pose this question to her before delving into the benefits of her plan.

"But the source of the question was no coincidence — at this event 'they wanted a question from a college student,' Gallo-Chasanoff said."

The tape of the event shows that the question and answer went as follows:

Question: "As a young person, I'm worried about the long-term effects of global warming How does your plan combat climate change?

Clinton: "Well, you should be worried. You know, I find as I travel around Iowa that it's usually young people that ask me about global warming."

The campaign's admission that it planted the question may be another blow to the New York senator's image as a trustworthy politician.

Clinton's critics have accused her of being a double-talker who refuses to answer tough questions specifically. Now her campaign has acknowledged planting at least one question.

Already her rivals have begun to criticize Friday's revelation.

“In light of a weak debate performance, not to mention a persistent inability to answer the tough questions, it appears the Clinton campaign has adopted a new strategy of planting questions,” John Edwards’ Communications Director Chris Kofinis said.

“It’s what the Clinton campaign calls the politics of planting.”
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,310316,00.html

retiredman
11-10-2007, 03:13 PM
kinda like the FEMA "press conference"?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

April15
11-10-2007, 06:18 PM
kinda like the FEMA "press conference"?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaActually more like the crowds allowed at Bush stops or speeches.

red states rule
11-10-2007, 06:33 PM
Actually more like the crowds allowed at Bush stops or speeches.

yet the smartest women in the world has to fall back on planted questions?

Typical of the well scripted and choreographed Clinton's

actsnoblemartin
11-10-2007, 06:34 PM
yeah, u wouldnt expected this from a front runner

yet the smartest women in the world has to fall back on planted questions?

Typical of the well scripted and choreographed Clinton's

red states rule
11-10-2007, 06:39 PM
yeah, u wouldnt expected this from a front runner

I am glad she is the front runner - she is the easiest Dem to beat

actsnoblemartin
11-10-2007, 06:40 PM
she is such a wuss. im a victim, the mean boys hurt me waah waahh.

atleast obama isnt playing the race card.\

I am glad she is the front runner - she is the easiest Dem to beat

red states rule
11-10-2007, 06:45 PM
she is such a wuss. im a victim, the mean boys hurt me waah waahh.

atleast obama isnt playing the race card.\

This from who libs call a strong and decisive women

actsnoblemartin
11-10-2007, 06:51 PM
more like a scripted and scared to make a mistake woman

data (from star trek)

is more spontaneous and unscripted the seig shitler

This from who libs call a strong and decisive women

red states rule
11-10-2007, 07:00 PM
more like a scripted and scared to make a mistake woman

data (from star trek)

is more spontaneous and unscripted the seig shitler

Hillary reminds me of the part of the Polaroid picture you tear off and throw away

actsnoblemartin
11-10-2007, 07:03 PM
hillary is like botox. cant move and is fake.

Hillary reminds me of the part of the Polaroid picture you tear off and throw away

red states rule
11-10-2007, 07:06 PM
hillary is like botox. cant move and is fake.

Where are all the libs defending her?

They ran away faster then they wanted to run away from Iraq

actsnoblemartin
11-10-2007, 07:10 PM
and are dodging faster, then the evidence on monicas dress

Where are all the libs defending her?

They ran away faster then they wanted to run away from Iraq