PDA

View Full Version : *Old Man Calls For Mommy To Attack Othe Candidate*

chesswarsnow
11-10-2007, 09:36 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. But John McCain brought out his Mommy to scold Mitt Romney.
2. How damn low can he stoop?
3. This is despicable.
4. His own Mommy said he asked him to do it.
5. What a sleaze.
6. Read this:

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20071109/D8SQETR00.html

"

Play of the Day: McCain's Mom on Mormons

Email this Story

Nov 9, 6:33 PM (ET)

(AP) Republican Presidential hopeful, Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., and his 95-year-old mother Roberta...
Full Image

Google sponsored links
Mitt Romney Book - 10 things every American should know about Mitt Romney
DeseretBook.com/romney

Hillary in 2008? - Does she stand a chance? Vote now in this urgent poll.
www.Newsmax.com

MEREDITH, N.H. (AP) - John McCain's 95-year-old mother, in a swipe at her son's rival Mitt Romney, said Friday that Mormons were to blame for the scandal that rocked the 2002 Salt Lake City Olympics.

During an appearance on MSNBC, Roberta McCain laid out why her son, John, deserves to win the Republican presidential nomination. But in evaluating McCain's primary rivals, she criticized Romney's Mormon faith and his time in Salt Lake City.

"As far as the Salt Lake City thing, he's a Mormon and the Mormons of Salt Lake City had caused that scandal. And to clean that up, again, it's not a subject," Roberta McCain said.

John McCain quickly stepped in: "The views of my mothers are not necessarily the views of mine."

"Well, that's my view and you asked me," Roberta answered.

The Salt Lake Organizing Committee had enticed International Olympics officials with lavish gifts and accusations of bribery mired the Games in scandal while resignations sullied the region's reputation.

Utah officials tapped Romney to lead the effort and as president and CEO of the organizing committee he pared the budget, boosted revenues and worked to repair the committee's reputation.

A Romney campaign spokesman said the McCains made a mistake.

"I would disagree with any candidate or any campaign surrogate that chooses to disparage someone based on the faith that they hold, and instead implore other candidates and their campaigns to make a case to voters based on the important issues facing the nation," said Kevin Madden.

Roberta McCain immediately apologized to her son.

"I didn't mean to say it," she said as they stepped away from the cameras.

McCain told The Associated Press after the interview that his mother misspoke.

"Mormons are great people and the fact that Mitt Romney is a Mormon should play no role whatsoever in people's decision," McCain said.

"What she meant was the Olympics were screwed up by the people in Salt Lake when Romney came in and fixed the problems there. But I know my 95-year-old mother is certainly in favor of Mormons."

---

"

red states rule
11-10-2007, 09:39 AM
Sen McDone is a very desperate man. His opposition to the tax cuts and support for amnesty for illegals destroyed any chance for the nomination

He should go back to posing for pictures with Ted "hic" Kennedy

11-10-2007, 12:48 PM
no thats clearly not what she meant McCain. thats what you are spinning it to mean but her own words say otherwise. She sure wasnt praising Romney for the turn around of the games.

nevadamedic
11-11-2007, 03:15 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But John McCain brought out his Mommy to scold Mitt Romney.
2. How damn low can he stoop?
3. This is despicable.
4. His own Mommy said he asked him to do it.
5. What a sleaze.
6. Read this:

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20071109/D8SQETR00.html

"

Play of the Day: McCain's Mom on Mormons

Email this Story

Nov 9, 6:33 PM (ET)

(AP) Republican Presidential hopeful, Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., and his 95-year-old mother Roberta...
Full Image

Google sponsored links
Mitt Romney Book - 10 things every American should know about Mitt Romney
DeseretBook.com/romney

Hillary in 2008? - Does she stand a chance? Vote now in this urgent poll.
www.Newsmax.com

MEREDITH, N.H. (AP) - John McCain's 95-year-old mother, in a swipe at her son's rival Mitt Romney, said Friday that Mormons were to blame for the scandal that rocked the 2002 Salt Lake City Olympics.

During an appearance on MSNBC, Roberta McCain laid out why her son, John, deserves to win the Republican presidential nomination. But in evaluating McCain's primary rivals, she criticized Romney's Mormon faith and his time in Salt Lake City.

"As far as the Salt Lake City thing, he's a Mormon and the Mormons of Salt Lake City had caused that scandal. And to clean that up, again, it's not a subject," Roberta McCain said.

John McCain quickly stepped in: "The views of my mothers are not necessarily the views of mine."

"Well, that's my view and you asked me," Roberta answered.

The Salt Lake Organizing Committee had enticed International Olympics officials with lavish gifts and accusations of bribery mired the Games in scandal while resignations sullied the region's reputation.

Utah officials tapped Romney to lead the effort and as president and CEO of the organizing committee he pared the budget, boosted revenues and worked to repair the committee's reputation.

A Romney campaign spokesman said the McCains made a mistake.

"I would disagree with any candidate or any campaign surrogate that chooses to disparage someone based on the faith that they hold, and instead implore other candidates and their campaigns to make a case to voters based on the important issues facing the nation," said Kevin Madden.

Roberta McCain immediately apologized to her son.

"I didn't mean to say it," she said as they stepped away from the cameras.

McCain told The Associated Press after the interview that his mother misspoke.

"Mormons are great people and the fact that Mitt Romney is a Mormon should play no role whatsoever in people's decision," McCain said.

"What she meant was the Olympics were screwed up by the people in Salt Lake when Romney came in and fixed the problems there. But I know my 95-year-old mother is certainly in favor of Mormons."

---

"

She has Romney pegged right on the nose. I would much rather see McCain in office then Romney, actually I would rather see any candidate in office on either side in office rather then Romney(With the exception of that nutbag Paul). Romney is as fake as a three dollar bill.