PDA

View Full Version : Split from Veterans thread

Guernicaa
11-09-2007, 03:37 PM
What an awful thread...

Honoring jobs that involve destroying human life.

And before any of you chime in with your "they protect your freedom!" bull shit, guess what...
I would easily give up my "freedom" and life it meant that a thousand lives over seas wouldn't be destroyed.

"As a member of the clergy once eloquently said: 'Let us not become the evil that we deplore'"

theHawk
11-09-2007, 04:07 PM
What an awful thread...

And before any of you chime in with your "they protect your freedom!" bull shit, guess what...
I would easily give up my "freedom" and life it meant that a thousand lives over seas wouldn't be destroyed.

"As a member of the clergy once eloquently said: 'Let us not become the evil that we deplore'"

Oh wow you're so honorable!! lol
We already know you're a sniviling coward that would give up your freedom and everyone elses for the benefit of our enemies overseas.
The rest of us would rather fight for freedom. :fu:

theHawk
11-09-2007, 04:10 PM
And Obama... I never had to threaten anyone's life. I would not claim to having saved a life but I helped save quite a bit of property.

It doesn't matter. To rabid libs like Obama you're still apart of the "war machine". Thats why libs hate the military. And ultimiately the whole country is to blame because it pays for the military with taxes, which is why libs like him hate their own country.

Kathianne
11-09-2007, 05:32 PM
What an awful thread...

Gee for someone who basically posts against the 'Establishment' each and every time, you are pretty quick to say you'd give up your 'freedoms.' I don't think you have very good teachers so far, or you're not mature enough to understand the lessons, yet. Ahem, regardless of what your GPA may be.

82Marine89
11-09-2007, 11:11 PM
What an awful thread...

How did you get these freedoms that you are so willing to give up?

Kathianne
11-09-2007, 11:28 PM

I gotta admit as a non-military member, I was shocked this went unanswered for so long. I'll chalk it up to his youth, which does not excuse his ignorance.

Gaffer
11-09-2007, 11:29 PM
I have a public request to make that obama be banned from this thread permanently. He can start giving up his freedoms right here.

Mr. P
11-10-2007, 12:10 AM
I have a public request to make that obama be banned from this thread permanently. He can start giving up his freedoms right here.

I'm with you on that Gaffer..

darin
11-10-2007, 12:13 AM
What an awful thread...

From the Board Admin hat: Banned from thread.

From 'my' hat: Good riddance you little piece of crap.

Mr. P
11-10-2007, 12:15 AM
I gotta admit as a non-military member, I gotta say I was shocked this went unanswered for so long. I'll chalk it up to his youth, which does not excuse his ignorance.

I was waiting on admin. It's useless for us low life members to address ASSHOLES.

Mr. P
11-10-2007, 12:29 AM

Thank You!

JohnDoe
11-10-2007, 12:33 AM
really gaffer? i think it is just plain silly to ban obama for what he has said, even though i disagree with him 100%. this is just too petty and is actually banning someone for their OPINION for goodness sakes. not for being vulgar, not for threatening someone else not for revealing private pm info, not for giving out another user's address, but FOR AN OPINION that you didn't like???

are you gonna run everyone off of this board with a differing view than you? if u are here just to pat eachother on the back with no differing opinions then this site needs to remove the word DEBATE from it's site name, no?

jd

Mr. P
11-10-2007, 12:44 AM
really gaffer? i think it is just plain silly to ban obama for what he has said, even though i disagree with him 100%. this is just too petty and is actually banning someone for their OPINION for goodness sakes. not for being vulgar, not for threatening someone else not for revealing private pm info, not for giving out another user's address, but FOR AN OPINION that you didn't like???

are you gonna run everyone off of this board with a differing view than you? if u are here just to pat eachother on the back with no differing opinions then this site needs to remove the word DEBATE from it's site name, no?

jd

Please refer to post #1...then tell me how in hell you can defend such a post.:fu:

LiberalNation
11-10-2007, 12:49 AM
I don't think "just" being in the military should give you some special honor or whatever. What you do in the military might but being a mechanic working on army trucks and being a mechanic working on long-haul trucks are about the same on the face.

82Marine89
11-10-2007, 12:52 AM
I don't think "just" being in the military should give you some special honor or whatever. What you do in the military might but being a mechanic working on army trucks and being a mechanic working on long-haul trucks are about the same on the face.

Except long haul truck mechanics don't have to repair things in combat situations.

darin
11-10-2007, 12:54 AM

You are a clueless foolish little girl. EVERYTHING you have in your life you owe to GOD and Soldiers/Airmen/Sailors. Without folks sacrificing by SERVING for the greater good of your country, nothing you hold dear would be here. You're honestly showing you have NO class, NO respect, and a VERY warped sense of right and wrong. Seriously - it's pathetic. VERY Sad.

Except long haul truck mechanics don't have to repair things in combat situations.

...and Long Haul truck mechanics make upwards of $50K a year without any problems. Marine - that girl has NO appreciation of "sacrifice" because she displays the personality of somebody who was never disciplined as a child; and somebody who lacks rudimentary understanding of terms like 'selflessness' and 'service' and 'patriotism'.

82Marine89
11-10-2007, 12:54 AM

jd

This is a thread where veterans can post their military service. If the young cornholer wants to come at us on another thread, fine, but this isn't a political thread.

82Marine89
11-10-2007, 12:55 AM
You are a clueless foolish little girl. EVERYTHING you have in your life you owe to GOD and Soldiers/Airmen/Sailors. Without folks sacrificing by SERVING for the greater good of your country, nothing you hold dear would be here. You're honestly showing you have NO class, NO respect, and a VERY warped sense of right and wrong. Seriously - it's pathetic. VERY Sad.

Piss on the Marines. Thanks. :poke::finger3:

LiberalNation
11-10-2007, 12:56 AM
and if the guy was repairing in a combat zone that would be different. But spending 4 years sitting on some base in the middle of nowhere or germany or whatever doing labour type jobs isn't that special.

darin
11-10-2007, 12:58 AM
and if the guy was repairing in a combat zone that would be different. But spending 4 years sitting on some base in the middle of nowhere or germany or whatever doing labour type jobs isn't that special.

see? Right there. You are embarrassing yourself. Are you HONESTLY so blind as to see what a dumb-ass you are about what "Military Service" means? You MUST have no shame, because you flaunt your ignorance like a badge of honor.

In fact - I'm going to ban you and JD from this thread too - this thread deserves BETTER than yokels like YOU mucking it up. Either go away, or I'll make sure you leave this thread.

LiberalNation
11-10-2007, 12:58 AM
You are a clueless foolish little girl. EVERYTHING you have in your life you owe to GOD and Soldiers/Airmen/Sailors. Without folks sacrificing by SERVING for the greater good of your country, nothing you hold dear would be here. You're honestly showing you have NO class, NO respect, and a VERY warped sense of right and wrong. Seriously - it's pathetic. VERY Sad..
lol, no I don't. Ya know most of those people throughout history were drafted, they didn't "choose" to sacrafice the choice was made for them by society. Many go just because they can't pay for college any other way also.

No I have no special respect for people just because they wear a uniform. What you do is what matters, not that.

darin
11-10-2007, 12:59 AM
Piss on the Marines. Thanks. :poke::finger3:

Well...I count them as a hybrid soldier/sailor...so...they were covered. :)

:salute: :D

darin
11-10-2007, 01:00 AM
lol, no I don't. Ya know most of those people throughout history were drafted, they didn't "choose" to sacrafice the choice was made for them by society. Many go just because they can't pay for college any other way also.

No I have no special respect for people just because they wear a uniform. What you do is what matters, not that.

you've made your choice I see.

82Marine89
11-10-2007, 01:02 AM

He goes through the same boot camp as the infantryman. He is a Marine, soldier, airman, or sailor. He, over the course of 230 years, is what made this country great. He repairs the trucks that move the soldier. He cooks the food that feeds the soldier. He repairs the tent that the soldier sleeps in. It doesn't matter the job. He wears the uniform of the American serviceman.

Mr. P
11-10-2007, 01:12 AM
He goes through the same boot camp as the infantryman. He is a Marine, soldier, airman, or sailor. He, over the course of 230 years, is what made this country great. He repairs the trucks that move the soldier. He cooks the food that feeds the soldier. He repairs the tent that the soldier sleeps in. It doesn't matter the job. He wears the uniform of the American serviceman.

A brotherhood, a unity, a duty that many will never understand. I can deal with that as long as they don't try to interrupt a coming together of us that do understand.

Dilloduck
11-10-2007, 11:40 AM
What an awful thread...

Well THAT was stupid as shit. Start your OWN thread consisting of only NON-vets and you'll be protected for vets mucking the whole thing up !!!

jimnyc
11-10-2007, 01:02 PM
Offending post and subsequent replies have been split from the original Veterans thread, so that we can keep that thread clean and for it's original intent.

You may continue the "debate" here, but I don't want to read complaints about it being split or any other decisions...

Abbey Marie
11-10-2007, 02:03 PM
Last night we went to a Veteran's Day concert. It consisted of the songs for each service, military marches, etc. When each service's song was played, any veterans of that branch stood, including several people in their WWII uniforms. It was so moving to see all the veterans, and to honor them for what they did in that war.

If there are any Veteran's Day celebrations like that in your area, you really should go.

Guernicaa
11-10-2007, 05:08 PM
Yep--It's official.
dmp has lost his mind.

God LMAO? Are you serious you fucking crazy weirdo? Try telling that to the majority of Americans and they're just gonna go "Wow he's just one of those crazy religious fanatics". Honestly, if you’re following that book word for word you have lost the ability to use:
A)Reason
B)Proper judgment
C)Pretty much your entire brain.

People like you SCARE THE SHIT out of most Americans. Please start studying philosophy and learning.

Guernicaa
11-10-2007, 05:12 PM
We already know you're a sniviling coward that would give up your freedom and everyone elses for the benefit of our enemies overseas.
I'll make a "Freedom meter" for you guys.

Everytime someone says they don't like America the Freedom Meter level will start to go down. When it gets below "Random Muslims saying they hate America", it will start to beep. Thats when you know its time to invade another Middle Eastern country and slaughter thousands of its people.

Guernicaa
11-10-2007, 05:14 PM
I don't think you have very good teachers so far, or you're not mature enough to understand the lessons, yet. Ahem, regardless of what your GPA may be.
Yeah because that makes sense right?

I'm not mature enough to understand the lessons but somehow I score about a 95 on everything I take. It's probaby just magic or something.

Guernicaa
11-10-2007, 05:14 PM
You can go fuck yourself.

I'm with you on that Gaffer..
And you too.

diuretic
11-10-2007, 05:16 PM
What an awful thread...

Having a military is essential to any nation that has any sense of self-regard. No country wants to be invaded and occupied by another, so a military is essential. The military has a job to do and its job involves killing a lot of people. However, the military itself is only a tool, they follow the orders of their political masters, they're like a guard dog, they can't move until someone says, "sic 'em". The military will kill whoever they're ordered to kill. If the "wrong" people are being killed then go after those who gave the orders.

diuretic
11-10-2007, 05:16 PM

By dint of being born I would think.

Guernicaa
11-10-2007, 05:17 PM

jd
Isn't it weird?
I had no idea dmp was a former member of the SS...But considering his views on everyone thats not white, straight, and Christian, I guess it makes sense.

diuretic
11-10-2007, 05:17 PM
I gotta admit as a non-military member, I was shocked this went unanswered for so long. I'll chalk it up to his youth, which does not excuse his ignorance.

I'd put non-response down to the fact that the answer is self-evident.

diuretic
11-10-2007, 05:18 PM

Why? Will you ban me as well for daring to disagree with you?

Guernicaa
11-10-2007, 05:21 PM
Well THAT was stupid as shit. Start your OWN thread consisting of only NON-vets and you'll be protected for vets mucking the whole thing up !!!
No I think I'm just fine typing on this one thank you.

Anything half way intelligent to say about my opinion? Or are you just going to give me the same "your so stupid and young!! Oh my fucking god you little unpatriotic immature fucker!! how daree you!!!" thats made me laugh about 7 times so far?

Guernicaa
11-10-2007, 05:21 PM
You didn't know dmp was a former member of the SS either??

diuretic
11-10-2007, 05:22 PM
You are a clueless foolish little girl. EVERYTHING you have in your life you owe to GOD and Soldiers/Airmen/Sailors. Without folks sacrificing by SERVING for the greater good of your country, nothing you hold dear would be here. You're honestly showing you have NO class, NO respect, and a VERY warped sense of right and wrong. Seriously - it's pathetic. VERY Sad.{/quote]

You have a military fetish don't you? You're wrong. That's a really pathetic paragraph by the way - personal insult, appeals to superstition and fear - and you're supposed to be an admin? That's pretty damn cowardly.

[QUOTE=dmp:]
...and Long Haul truck mechanics make upwards of $50K a year without any problems. Marine - that girl has NO appreciation of "sacrifice" because she displays the personality of somebody who was never disciplined as a child; and somebody who lacks rudimentary understanding of terms like 'selflessness' and 'service' and 'patriotism'.

Again the personal bullshit attacks. And again no substantive point being made. I suppose I'll suffer your admin wrath over this, but no matter.

diuretic
11-10-2007, 05:23 PM
This is a thread where veterans can post their military service. If the young cornholer wants to come at us on another thread, fine, but this isn't a political thread.

Is it a bragging thread only? Damn!

diuretic
11-10-2007, 05:23 PM
see? Right there. You are embarrassing yourself. Are you HONESTLY so blind as to see what a dumb-ass you are about what "Military Service" means? You MUST have no shame, because you flaunt your ignorance like a badge of honor.

In fact - I'm going to ban you and JD from this thread too - this thread deserves BETTER than yokels like YOU mucking it up. Either go away, or I'll make sure you leave this thread.

You pompous ass. You should be ashamed of yourself.

82Marine89
11-10-2007, 05:25 PM
Yeah because that makes sense right?

I'm not mature enough to understand the lessons but somehow I score about a 95 on everything I take. It's probaby just magic or something.

Being book smart does not make one wise in the ways of life. BTW, you lost 5 points for misspelling 'probably'.

82Marine89
11-10-2007, 05:26 PM
Is it a bragging thread only? Damn!

Not bragging, just listing our service in the military.

BTW, Marines don't need to brag.

Guernicaa
11-10-2007, 05:29 PM
I think we can pretty much conclude based on the responses in this thread that conservatives who serve in the military are self-loathing, narcissistic assholes.

LOOK AT ME:

-Four years Army, Vietnam.
-10 years National gaurd.
-6 years Air Force pilot.

I'm cool right?!?!? I'm a patriot right?!?!?

Guernicaa
11-10-2007, 05:29 PM
Being book smart does not make one wise in the ways of life. BTW, you lost 5 points for misspelling 'probably'.
Aww man I missed that "l'.
I'm a retard.

Missileman
11-10-2007, 05:32 PM

What you say makes sense if you're looking through an empty paper towel tube. In the bigger picture, the mechanic on the ground at some base in Europe, fixes support vehicles used to help maintain aircraft that either directly(close in air support) or indirectly(cargo planes, etc) support the boots on the ground in combat. They might not be getting shot at, but the months away from family, long hours, and lousy pay are all sacrifices that deserve more respectful sentiments than "pfftt".

manu1959
11-10-2007, 05:33 PM
What an awful thread...

what about the veterans that fought the revoultionary war that got you this country......

Guernicaa
11-10-2007, 05:34 PM
what about the veterans that fought the revoultionary war that got you this country......
I didn't choose to be born in this particular situation in history.

jimnyc
11-10-2007, 05:36 PM
Isn't it weird?
I had no idea dmp was a former member of the SS...But considering his views on everyone thats not white, straight, and Christian, I guess it makes sense.

You didn't know dmp was a former member of the SS either??

You pompous ass. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Guys, I'm honestly not trying to be a dick about this, but let me say a few things. "There is a time and place for everything"

On this board, Obama is entitled to express his views about the military, veterans or whatever else it is he wishes. I'd rather he respond to a normal debate thread, or open a new thread of his own if that's what he chooses to do though.

The thread that the 3 users were banned from was started for a specific reason, and stickied, for the reasons mentioned in the initial post. It's a thread where veterans and active military personnel can post their service and be acknowledged. I think it's decent of the board to allow the sticky thread to be there to remind us of who has given time to the service of our country. It's not a thread to be debated, trashed or otherwise sullied in any way. I would react no differently if people started a debate in one of my announcement threads. "Some" threads are outside the realm of normal posts and are here for awareness purposes, for lack of a better explanation.

In the interest of freedom of speech, I split off the debating posts and moved them here to allow the discussion to continue. Darin has further removed the thread bans that were given out so those members can view the original thread just as every other member.

Again guys, not trying to be a dick or heavy handed, just trying to show some appreciation to the original poster of the other thread and it's original intent. Hope you understand.

Immanuel
11-10-2007, 05:42 PM
Please refer to post #1...then tell me how in hell you can defend such a post.:fu:

I'll defend his right to say it!

We live in America. The last time I checked we all have the Freedom of Speech and that includes Obama08. I completely disagree with his attacks on those who have risked life and limb to protect him and every other American and I suppose one could include me in that category although, I don't believe my service was as giving as most of yours. But, beyond all of that, we do live in the land of the free. Obama08's got the right to say what he pleases regardless of what we think about it.

I'll defend that right because I too have unpopular points of view on many things such as abortion and affirmative action, so if I want the right to say what I think, then I want him to have that right as well.

There are plenty of times that I don't read his posts because I don't like most of the things he says. However, he says he's young. Well, then someday, he may be just like the rest of us and that will be just fine.

I don't agree with what he says, but I believe that he has every right to say it.

Immie

mrg666
11-10-2007, 05:42 PM
Originally Posted by Obama08
What an awful thread...

say that up front to anne frank or any other survivor of the hollocost , or even better any serving member of the forces ( even the woman ) .
you really arent worth trying to put right , you have absolutely no idea.

manu1959
11-10-2007, 05:45 PM
I didn't choose to be born in this particular situation in history.

so that give you the right to be disrespectful of those that fought to create and preserve the country you live in?

Guernicaa
11-10-2007, 05:45 PM
Guys, I'm honestly not trying to be a dick about this, but let me say a few things. "There is a time and place for everything"

On this board, Obama is entitled to express his views about the military, veterans or whatever else it is he wishes. I'd rather he respond to a normal debate thread, or open a new thread of his own if that's what he chooses to do though.

The thread that the 3 users were banned from was started for a specific reason, and stickied, for the reasons mentioned in the initial post. It's a thread where veterans and active military personnel can post their service and be acknowledged. I think it's decent of the board to allow the sticky thread to be there to remind us of who has given time to the service of our country. It's not a thread to be debated, trashed or otherwise sullied in any way. I would react no differently if people started a debate in one of my announcement threads. "Some" threads are outside the realm of normal posts and are here for awareness purposes, for lack of a better explanation.

In the interest of freedom of speech, I split off the debating posts and moved them here to allow the discussion to continue. Darin has further removed the thread bans that were given out so those members can view the original thread just as every other member.

Again guys, not trying to be a dick or heavy handed, just trying to show some appreciation to the original poster of the other thread and it's original intent. Hope you understand.
I appreciate you telling us this, but don’t you think we should have heard this yesterday from your fellow board administrator? Instead of hearing him ramble like a moron and call us names?

I stated my opinion, and would have kindly erased it if I had gotten a PM saying exactly what jimmy just said.
But instead, I was called an asshole, and banned from the thread.

I think you need to hire a new partner jimmy.

Guernicaa
11-10-2007, 05:48 PM
say that up front to anne frank or any other survivor of the hollocost , or even better any serving member of the forces ( even the woman ) .
you really arent worth trying to put right , you have absolutely no idea.
Uh first of all, Ann Frank did not survive the h-o-l-o-c-a-u-s-t.
Secondly, my opinion is that I don't believe in going to war. ESPECIALLY for the current day reasons.

Guernicaa
11-10-2007, 05:49 PM
so that give you the right to be disrespectful of those that fought to create and preserve the country you live in?
Yes.

manu1959
11-10-2007, 05:49 PM
Secondly, my opinion is that I don't believe in going to war. ESPECIALLY for the current day reasons.

really what di ann frank survive?

what reason would you go to war?

manu1959
11-10-2007, 05:51 PM
Yes.

then you desever all the hatred you get here.....

diuretic
11-10-2007, 05:52 PM
Not bragging, just listing our service in the military.

BTW, Marines don't need to brag.

Good, bragging is petty.

Marines don't need to brag? Far be it from me to pour scorn but really, you do take yourselves far too seriously at times.

diuretic
11-10-2007, 05:53 PM
What you say makes sense if you're looking through an empty paper towel tube. In the bigger picture, the mechanic on the ground at some base in Europe, fixes support vehicles used to help maintain aircraft that either directly(close in air support) or indirectly(cargo planes, etc) support the boots on the ground in combat. They might not be getting shot at, but the months away from family, long hours, and lousy pay are all sacrifices that deserve more respectful sentiments than "pfftt".

Being grateful that someone gave up the freedoms and benefits of civilian life (voluntarily) to serve their country is proper. Making a fetish of it isn't healthy.

diuretic
11-10-2007, 05:55 PM

You mean the insurrectionists who wanted their own place free from British rule? They're only heroes because they won, if they'd lost they'd have been long forgotten. That's how these things pan out.

mrg666
11-10-2007, 05:56 PM

ok i suck at spelling , you suck at history , you'r also an idiot .

diuretic
11-10-2007, 05:57 PM

I'm still bloody furious with the personal attacks. I know it's really stupid of me but it really got up my nose.

diuretic
11-10-2007, 05:58 PM
really what di ann frank survive?

what reason would you go to war?

Ann Frank died in a concentration camp.

All wars are fought for economic reasons - http://www.ratical.org/ratville/CAH/warisaracket.html

Missileman
11-10-2007, 06:01 PM
Being grateful that someone gave up the freedoms and benefits of civilian life (voluntarily) to serve their country is proper. Making a fetish of it isn't healthy.

You think the original veteran's thread was inappropriate? I've seen a couple former military use their service as a club to pound on a non-server, but they carry as little credibility in my eyes as a 15-year-old who thinks he's justified in spouting nonsense against those who have served.

82Marine89
11-10-2007, 06:10 PM

We live in America. The last time I checked we all have the Freedom of Speech and that includes Obama08. I completely disagree with his attacks on those who have risked life and limb to protect him and every other American and I suppose one could include me in that category although, I don't believe my service was as giving as most of yours. But, beyond all of that, we do live in the land of the free. Obama08's got the right to say what he pleases regardless of what we think about it.

I'll defend that right because I too have unpopular points of view on many things such as abortion and affirmative action, so if I want the right to say what I think, then I want him to have that right as well.

There are plenty of times that I don't read his posts because I don't like most of the things he says. However, he says he's young. Well, then someday, he may be just like the rest of us and that will be just fine.

I don't agree with what he says, but I believe that he has every right to say it.

Immie

Yes, we do live in America and I will protect his right to have the government not censor him. After that, he needs to learn responsible speech to keep from getting his ass kicked by someone he offends because he thinks he has the right to say it. His freedoms end where mine begin.

mrg666
11-10-2007, 06:10 PM

All wars are fought for economic reasons - http://www.ratical.org/ratville/CAH/warisaracket.html

ok i suck at history as well :D

LiberalNation
11-10-2007, 06:25 PM
You have a military fetish don't you? You're wrong. That's a really pathetic paragraph by the way - personal insult, appeals to superstition and fear - and you're supposed to be an admin? That's pretty damn cowardly.
Don't worry about it. We don't spect better from this board.

Guernicaa
11-10-2007, 06:27 PM
Especially dmp.

Mr. P
11-10-2007, 06:55 PM

Immie

I never said he didn't have the right to say what he said. I think you too missed the point of post #1 on the original thread.

Look at the thread as a parade of veterans down main street USA.
Do you think the ASSHOLE would have the balls to stand on the side of the road and spout the same bullshit as they pass by as he did in the thread? NOT LIKELY!

actsnoblemartin
11-10-2007, 07:42 PM
im not trying to be disrespectful, but i thought wwII was fought too kill people hitler didnt like.

No offense but i dont remember mein kompf being about economy

are you talking about wwII being faught because of the german economic collapse in the 20's?

Said1
11-10-2007, 07:59 PM
[QUOTE=dmp:]You are a clueless foolish little girl. EVERYTHING you have in your life you owe to GOD and Soldiers/Airmen/Sailors. Without folks sacrificing by SERVING for the greater good of your country, nothing you hold dear would be here. You're honestly showing you have NO class, NO respect, and a VERY warped sense of right and wrong. Seriously - it's pathetic. VERY Sad.{/quote]

Again the personal bullshit attacks. And again no substantive point being made. I suppose I'll suffer your admin wrath over this, but no matter.

Oh, come on. Lets all start dissen the cops. We all know they're ALL corrupt, brainless, power tripping brutes. I mean really, how much intelligence does it take to drive a car and carry a gun? "Don't move or I'll shoot.....doi" Any outback yokel can do that. :laugh2:

Said1
11-10-2007, 08:02 PM

And we don't spect better from thou. You're as predictable as everyone else. You go girl!

That goes for you too O-BAM-A. :lmao:

LiberalNation
11-10-2007, 08:03 PM
You're as predictable as everyone else. You go girl!
Yep and right back atcha girl.

Said1
11-10-2007, 08:07 PM

Relax. He just wants to be the black sheep. Read between the lines Manu, go back and read his second post in this thread. :clap:

Said1
11-10-2007, 08:08 PM
Yep and right back atcha.

You don't know me. I'm very unpredicable. So there. I bet you didn't know I was going to write that either. Shows how much you know.

LiberalNation
11-10-2007, 08:11 PM
Pshhh I knew what you were gona write before you knew yourself. I know what your gona write next too.

Said1
11-10-2007, 08:12 PM
Pshhh I knew what you were gona write before you knew yourself. I know what your gona write next as too.

LiberalNation
11-10-2007, 08:13 PM
Totally predicted it. :p

PostmodernProphet
11-10-2007, 08:21 PM
All wars are fought for economic reasons

I will remember that the next time someone posts about all the wars started over religion......

Guernicaa
11-10-2007, 08:40 PM
Relax. He just wants to be the black sheep. Read between the lines Manu, go back and read his second post in this thread. :clap:
That post tore dmp a second asshole.

Guernicaa
11-10-2007, 08:42 PM
Look at this vid Said, The White Stripes in 99
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nYnP2FyN_v8&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nYnP2FyN_v8&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

mrg666
11-10-2007, 08:50 PM
the white stripes suck

Guernicaa
11-10-2007, 08:57 PM
the white stripes suck
So does your knowledge of history.

Actually, everything you post seems to suck. We need to have a "Special Ed Category" for you, nevadamedic, and RSR to post in.

actsnoblemartin
11-10-2007, 09:01 PM
I think we need a group hug :laugh2:

82Marine89
11-10-2007, 09:02 PM
I think we need a group hug :laugh2:

I think we need to beat obama senseless and let some queers have their way with him.

mrg666
11-10-2007, 09:05 PM
So does your knowledge of history.

Actually, everything you post seems to suck. We need to have a "Special Ed Category" for you, nevadamedic, and RSR to post in.

im all for it have a word with jc you would get a lot more sense in that forum than we ever will from you :D
it's taken you till now to grasp my balls , it will be a long wait till next time so make the most , however yours are ripe for grabbing on a postly basis :laugh2:

Guernicaa
11-10-2007, 09:12 PM
im all for it have a word with jc you would get a lot more sense in that forum than we ever will from you :D
it's taken you till now to grasp my balls , it will be a long wait till next time so make the most , however yours are ripe for grabbing on a postly basis :laugh2:
Those were some very coherent sentences...
So you don't know basic history, you don't know grammar, you don't understand sentence structure, and a lot of times you can’t spell. If that doesn't convince jimmy to make a SE section for you, I'm not sure what will.

Guernicaa
11-10-2007, 09:14 PM
I think we need to beat obama senseless and let some queers have their way with him.
I think you need to take a shower, shave, wash your clothes, and then take another picture to share with everyone.
The last one you took was basically the definition of trailer trash.

diuretic
11-10-2007, 09:15 PM
You think the original veteran's thread was inappropriate? I've seen a couple former military use their service as a club to pound on a non-server, but they carry as little credibility in my eyes as a 15-year-old who thinks he's justified in spouting nonsense against those who have served.

In my view it's just a job. Americans tend to make too much of military service, it's unhealthy. However when it comes to make sure that former military personnel don't get screwed over, that's different.

diuretic
11-10-2007, 09:16 PM
ok i suck at history as well :D

I learned history from several teachers who scared the crap out of me. Yes, you can learn while being terrified :laugh2:

diuretic
11-10-2007, 09:17 PM
I never said he didn't have the right to say what he said. I think you too missed the point of post #1 on the original thread.

Look at the thread as a parade of veterans down main street USA.
Do you think the ASSHOLE would have the balls to stand on the side of the road and spout the same bullshit as they pass by as he did in the thread? NOT LIKELY!

That would be completely inappropriate to do something like that.

diuretic
11-10-2007, 09:20 PM
im not trying to be disrespectful, but i thought wwII was fought too kill people hitler didnt like.

No offense but i dont remember mein kompf being about economy

are you talking about wwII being faught because of the german economic collapse in the 20's?

I once tried to read his book Martin, it was bloody turgid I went back to reading Marx,
Engels and Lenin, it was light relief in comparison.

Hitler initiated war for lebensraum - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lebensraum. It was all about economics.

mrg666
11-10-2007, 09:28 PM
I learned history from several teachers who scared the crap out of me. Yes, you can learn while being terrified :laugh2:

the big thing is when im wrong im wrong . im a little impulsive sometimes.
(i dont google )

BoogyMan
11-10-2007, 09:29 PM
What an awful thread...

Reading through this all I can come up with is that you don't deserve the freedom you are so willing to set aside. My father suffered the wounds of war and he taught me over time that his sacrifice was one that he made gladly as he knew it was in aid of a good cause and at the behest of the country he so dearly loved. Pigeon chested little tossers like you now come along with no sense of or respect for the sacrifices so many made for your freedoms and you post things dripping with hate for our country, our ideals, and our military based on little more than modern liberal revisionist beliefs.

diuretic
11-10-2007, 09:36 PM
the big thing is when im wrong im wrong . im a little impulsive sometimes.
(i dont google )

Jeez I go off like a cheap penny banger at times :laugh2:

diuretic
11-10-2007, 09:37 PM
Reading through this all I can come up with is that you don't deserve the freedom you are so willing to set aside. My father suffered the wounds of war and he taught me over time that his sacrifice was one that he made gladly as he knew it was in aid of a good cause and at the behest of the country he so dearly loved. Pigeon chested little tossers like you now come along with no sense of or respect for the sacrifices so many made for your freedoms and you post things dripping with hate for our country, our ideals, and our military based on little more than modern liberal revisionist beliefs.

Different takes, doesn't mean your father was right, just means he bought the story being fed to him.

Guernicaa
11-10-2007, 09:43 PM
"Deserve"?? After what we've done in Iraq, I don't want my freedom if "protecting freedom" was the excuse to going into Iraq. Maybe it was right to fight in WWII, and maybe in the direct response to 9/11, but there was NOTHING threatening our "freedom" coming from Iraq. And you disgusting fuckers still act like there was to this day. Did you see the pictures I posted of those young men with no legs and their faces burned? WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT FOR? MY FREEDOM? I dont fucking think so. There was no threat. That is why everything about what the military is currently doing is fucked up and disgusting. Better yet, those of you who rally to keep them there are disgusting, and would be better off getting shit slammed down your throat.

PostmodernProphet
11-10-2007, 10:02 PM
I dont fucking think so.

it is true that you consistently demonstrate that you don't think......

82Marine89
11-10-2007, 10:20 PM
I think you need to take a shower, shave, wash your clothes, and then take another picture to share with everyone.
The last one you took was basically the definition of trailer trash.

Let's see a photo of you.

Guernicaa
11-10-2007, 10:27 PM
it is true that you consistently demonstrate that you don't think......
Silly thanny.
We both know, as well as LN, that if you were to ever utter the nonsense you say here on P&CA you would be destroyed.
Cut the shit. Just because your amongst family now doesn't mean you get a free pass to say retarded things.

mrg666
11-10-2007, 10:28 PM
"Deserve"?? After what we've done in Iraq, I don't want my freedom if "protecting freedom" was the excuse to going into Iraq. Maybe it was right to fight in WWII, and maybe in the direct response to 9/11, but there was NOTHING threatening our "freedom" coming from Iraq. And you disgusting fuckers still act like there was to this day. Did you see the pictures I posted of those young men with no legs and their faces burned? WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT FOR? MY FREEDOM? I dont fucking think so. There was no threat. That is why everything about what the military is currently doing is fucked up and disgusting. Better yet, those of you who rally to keep them there are disgusting, and would be better off getting shit slammed down your throat.

so all the mass graves found were nothing .
you see hitler, amin pol pot , gaddafi etc were all taken lightly , hence the damage they caused .
hitler should have been the last bastard to take that sort of control however we have let more horrific crimes happen over and over again .
you go speak to the millions of bereaved after wwii and try and convince them it's a waste .
i dont mean you who weren't even born during pearl harbour , or prob (most definately not ) near the twin towers .
remember this .
without the men and woman you disrespect on a daily basis you would be speaking either japanese or german now ( they would have split it )
the real thing is you are very young , you dont really have a grasp on reality and you dont really appreciate your freedom.
now every one here went through a phase where they wanted to change the world (hey i was a 60's child pubertied in the 70's ) we rebelled better than you ever could punk rock changed the world lol.
in many years you will look back the same as every other member here (well most ) and think well i tried or what an ass i was

Guernicaa
11-10-2007, 10:28 PM
Let's see a photo of you.
No because:
A)A member who posts here lives in the town right next to mine and
B)I'm in high school still, what if a teacher/administrator posted here.

But trust me, I shower/shave/wash my clothes.

Said1
11-10-2007, 10:29 PM
Look at this vid Said, The White Stripes in 99
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nYnP2FyN_v8&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nYnP2FyN_v8&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Sure. Threw that in just to distract me, didn't you....'here kitty, have some tuna'. Damn, I am predictable. :laugh2:

Guernicaa
11-10-2007, 10:34 PM
Sure. Threw that in just to distract me, didn't you....'here kitty, have some tuna'. Damn, I am predictable. :laugh2:
It was more of like a mom saying to her little boy "Here's some candy sweety. Go in the other room to eat it and let the grown ups talk."

:laugh2:

82Marine89
11-10-2007, 10:35 PM
No because:

A) I thought you were a tough guy that played sports.
B) Who cares? They're probably more liberal than you.
C) You're still wet behind the ears. One or two chin whiskers don't count. Your mom probably washes your clothes.

Guernicaa
11-10-2007, 10:36 PM
you see hitler, amin pol pot , gaddafi etc were all taken lightly , hence the damage they caused .
hitler should have been the last bastard to take that sort of control however we have let more horrific crimes happen over and over again .
you go speak to the millions of bereaved after wwii and try and convince them it's a waste .
i dont mean you who weren't even born during pearl harbour , or prob (most definately not ) near the twin towers .
remember this .
without the men and woman you disrespect on a daily basis you would be speaking either japanese or german now ( they would have split it )
the real thing is you are very young , you dont really have a grasp on reality and you dont really appreciate your freedom.
now every one here went through a phase where they wanted to change the world (hey i was a 60's child pubertied in the 70's ) we rebelled better than you ever could punk rock changed the world lol.
in many years you will look back the same as every other member here (well most ) and think well i tried or what an ass i was
Get back to me when you learn how to read and write.

I tried reading through your hideous excuse of the English language and it makes no sense at all.

Guernicaa
11-10-2007, 10:40 PM
A) I thought you were a tough guy that played sports.
B) Who cares? They're probably more liberal than you.
C) You're still wet behind the ears. One or two chin whiskers don't count. Your mom probably washes your clothes.
Yeah I lift and play sports.
No, they aren't more liberal than I am.
Actually I can grow a full face of hair if I wanted to. Everyone in my family is mad hairy.
Yeah she washes them. She's good at it too. She knows which shirts should be put in the dryer at certain temperatures, and with certain colors only. She also knows which shirts to hang dry, and which sweaters go to the dry cleaners. She's a wonderful woman!

mrg666
11-10-2007, 10:40 PM
Get back to me when you learn how to read and write.

I tried reading through your hideous excuse of the English language and it makes no sense at all.

so i suggest you stop quoting oca or put yer glasses (spectacles on )
what a whimp out sorry excuse for abortion.
did you actualy cover english ?
i did

BoogyMan
11-10-2007, 10:50 PM
Different takes, doesn't mean your father was right, just means he bought the story being fed to him.

Since you don't know the depth of his sacrifice nor do you understand his desire to serve his country I will allow this comment to stand in the light of the lack of knowledge in which it was made.

Guernicaa
11-10-2007, 10:53 PM
so i suggest you stop quoting oca or put yer glasses (spectacles on )
what a whimp out sorry excuse for abortion
Give me a link to a thread in which OCA made that exact quote.
(This should be funny)
Perhaps he said "Get back to me"?? A line quite common among many members.

mrg666
11-10-2007, 11:00 PM
Give me a link to a thread in which OCA made that exact quote.
(This should be funny)
Perhaps he said "Get back to me"?? A line quite common among many members.

so you are suggesting my post was completely un inteligable that really means you have a degree of retardation .
however dont worry help is at hand this is the millenium and tards arent just locked up they get more attention than they ever did .
dont come back to me me with playground put downs you want to play we will play (im sounding like oca here i know ) .

BoogyMan
11-10-2007, 11:02 PM

Let me reiterate, I can use smaller words if it will aid in your understanding of the premise. People have died for the freedom at which you now scoff. Many people. We can save the Iraq debate for another time as it has little bearing on the discussion dealing with from whence came the ability to pour your unlearned hatred out at your keyboard. You scoff now at freedom that was earned by and hard fought on your behalf by better men than you who whose memories you sully when you proclaim your apparent hatred for it.

OCA
11-10-2007, 11:07 PM

Hell yes! Thats the fucking spirit! You forgot to add that it should be HIV+ queers.

This is what reminds me of early USMB, no holds barred without all the lets be civil kumbayah bullshit so prevalent lately.

mrg666
11-10-2007, 11:08 PM
Let me reiterate, I can use smaller words if it will aid in your understanding of the premise. People have died for the freedom at which you now scoff. Many people. We can save the Iraq debate for another time as it has little bearing on the discussion dealing with from whence came the ability to pour your unlearned hatred out at your keyboard. You scoff now at freedom that was earned by and hard fought on your behalf by better men than you who whose memories you sully when you proclaim your apparent hatred for it.

dood you hit it on the head in the most simplistic fashion.
however all obama will see is gobaldegooch because he is incapable of any kind of intelectual input outside of his class room .

OCA
11-10-2007, 11:10 PM
I once tried to read his book Martin, it was bloody turgid I went back to reading Marx,
Engels and Lenin, it was light relief in comparison.

Hitler initiated war for lebensraum - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lebensraum. It was all about economics.

Well originally it was, Germany was ass poor after signing the Treaty Of Versailles but in 1939 ol' Adolph was all about the master race.

OCA
11-10-2007, 11:14 PM
"Deserve"?? After what we've done in Iraq

What exactly have we done in Iraq? In fact the number of people killed by the American military equals up to about less than 3% of those killed by actual Iraqis............but dammit this isn't about reality, is it kid? Its all about that its fucking cool among the illiterate and brainwashed youth to hate America and especially the military.

OCA
11-10-2007, 11:16 PM
No because:

Do you shave your **** also?

Mr. P
11-10-2007, 11:26 PM
That would be completely inappropriate to do something like that.

Yep, just as it is here...that was my point.

OCA
11-10-2007, 11:29 PM
remember this .

666, for chrissakes get off the bitters and gin, your posts are downright unintelligible.

mrg666
11-10-2007, 11:35 PM
666, for chrissakes get off the bitters and gin, your posts are downright unintelligible.

hey if i can read it any one can :) , but you are biassed oca .
are you and obama friends ?
he comes across as a bit feminine and you are obviously a dominating bastard i can keep a secret (honest )

mrg666
11-10-2007, 11:37 PM
Do you shave your **** also?

and here was me thinking that was what you were after :laugh2:

OCA
11-10-2007, 11:39 PM
hey if i can read it any one can :) , but you are biassed oca .
are you and obama friends ?
he comes across as a bit feminine and you are obviously a dominating bastard i can keep a secret (honest )

Nope, I call em like everyone else sees em.

I'm sorry that general consensus here says ou ain't the brightest bulb on the xmas tree, really I am sorry, maybe they have adult education in the U.K.?

mrg666
11-10-2007, 11:44 PM
Nope, I call em like everyone else sees em.

I'm sorry that general consensus here says ou ain't the brightest bulb on the xmas tree, really I am sorry, maybe they have adult education in the U.K.?

and the poll results are ?.
im sorry i never got to see the general consensus .
did you miss a y in the you ? (there maybe a adult ed centre near you )

mrg666
11-10-2007, 11:55 PM
THE main thing is i make no claim to inteligence i call a spade a spade >
you however Einstein mkii are full of shit and the general consensus is that is what you are ie a moron.
oh dont worry most folk wont tell you out right.
they will me because im not a legend in my own tea break .

OCA
11-11-2007, 12:03 AM
LMFAO! Me a moron, is this idiot for real?

mrg666
11-11-2007, 12:05 AM
LMFAO! Me a moron, is this idiot for real?

poll it
yes or no

mrg666
11-11-2007, 12:06 AM
private poll not public
then folk wont mind

mrg666
11-11-2007, 12:08 AM
you do that ill do am i an inteligable poster poll

OCA
11-11-2007, 12:17 AM
:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

I'm a veteran, an original, polls need not apply. I admire you though for foolishly tussling with the board heavyweight.

mrg666
11-11-2007, 12:18 AM
lets equate moron apparently you have genetic conectiions
Moron was originally a scientific term, coined by psychologist Henry H. Goddard from the Greek word moros meaning "dull" (as opposed to sharp)

OCA
11-11-2007, 12:20 AM
lets equate moron apparently you have genetic conectiions
Moron was originally a scientific term, coined by psychologist Henry H. Goddard from the Greek word moros meaning "dull" (as opposed to sharp)

Exactly, you are a fucking moron. :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: this is too easy.

mrg666
11-11-2007, 12:24 AM
Exactly, you are a fucking moron. :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: this is too easy.

ok poll it
ill do mine , you do yours
or are you afraid the truth will bite when it's all incognito so to speak
lets say if the whole board polled i was an idiot it wouldn't bother me
now you would'nt be able to handle it so lets go do it

mrg666
11-11-2007, 12:34 AM
so moros aka oca declines the challenge :poke:

OCA
11-11-2007, 12:35 AM
ok poll it
ill do mine , you do yours
or are you afraid the truth will bite when it's all incognito so to speak
lets say if the whole board polled i was an idiot it wouldn't bother me
now you would'nt be able to handle it so lets go do it

:dance::dance::dance::laugh2:

mrg666
11-11-2007, 12:36 AM
:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

I'm a veteran, an original, polls need not apply. I admire you though for foolishly tussling with the board heavyweight.

dood we have been here before , dementia anyone ?

mrg666
11-11-2007, 12:38 AM
oca you could beat me to a pulp every day i wouldnt give up

as it is you dont , you try but fail

OCA
11-11-2007, 12:39 AM
so moros aka oca declines the challenge :poke:

Get someone to whom I have respect for offer up the challenge and we'll see, as for you you are a pimple on my ass, in other words a nothing, a nobody so you're challenges carry zero weight or meaning.

Just the fact that you have to even resort to a poll is proof positive that...........I own you, i'm under your skin.

You know what was fucking funny? That poll you started on spelling and grammar, you thought nobody would give a shit but............like a rabid dog it bit you in the ass.

OCA
11-11-2007, 12:40 AM
I'm just gonna sit back, watch this thread, pat myself on the back and tell myself "good job".

What a tool this one is!:laugh2:

mrg666
11-11-2007, 12:43 AM
Get someone to whom I have respect for offer up the challenge and we'll see, as for you you are a pimple on my ass, in other words a nothing, a nobody so you're challenges carry zero weight or meaning.

Just the fact that you have to even resort to a poll is proof positive that...........I own you, i'm under your skin.

You know what was fucking funny? That poll you started on spelling and grammar, you thought nobody would give a shit but............like a rabid dog it bit you in the ass.

you are a wuss
you dont own any one
poll it most folk here darent upset the cart ( i know this ) but a private poll would show you what folk really thought .
you arent having trouble reading my posts now thats strange have you loaned obamas glasses ( specs )

manu1959
11-11-2007, 12:45 AM
i created the poll for you two lovers.....

mrg666
11-11-2007, 01:07 AM

ive been posting for many years on various boards (none political as if that matters ) on the old dos type bbs things were kept short and sweet but since i came here and bumped into the mighty oca well ive had to lift my standards .
you quoted the consensus not me remember
you are perhaps the most hated member here but for some strange reason none dare stand up to you obviously giving you the cred you need to try and be a god .

OCA
11-11-2007, 01:09 AM
ive been posting for many years on various boards (none political as if that matters ) on the old dos type bbs things were kept short and sweet but since i came here and bumped into the mighty oca well ive had to lift my standards .
you quoted the consensus not me remember
you are perhaps the most hated member here but for some strange reason none dare stand up to you obviously giving you the cred you need to try and be a god .

Can somebody translate this for me? Unable to wade through all the mistakes.

mrg666
11-11-2007, 01:11 AM
Can somebody translate this for me? Unable to wade through all the mistakes.

doh poor old oca as got brain ache

LiberalNation
11-11-2007, 01:14 AM
Boring, back to how all people who don't put military service regardless of what you do while in on some sort of pedestal are evil america haters.

diuretic
11-11-2007, 02:33 AM
Well originally it was, Germany was ass poor after signing the Treaty Of Versailles but in 1939 ol' Adolph was all about the master race.

And the Master Race needed room and resources and the untermenschen were to provide it.

5stringJeff
11-11-2007, 10:51 AM
People like you SCARE THE SHIT out of most Americans. Please start studying philosophy and learning.

So now you've taken half of the required freshman philosophy course at Cornell, and you're suddenly smarter than the rest of America? Gimme a break.

Abbey Marie
11-11-2007, 10:56 AM
Well, at least some have dropped all pretense of "supporting the troops". I always knew if you scratched the surface, the insincerity of that sentiment would emerge.

JohnDoe
11-11-2007, 11:07 AM
Well, at least some have dropped all pretense of "supporting the troops". I always knew if you scratched the surface, the insincerity of that sentiment would emerge. Nice generalization.
Maybe I missed something abbey? Who exactly are the "some" in your statement Abbey? Obama? Is he a "some"?

jd

Abbey Marie
11-11-2007, 11:17 AM
Nice generalization.
Maybe I missed something abbey? Who exactly are the "some" in your statement Abbey? Obama? Is he a "some"?

jd

Interesting but flawed interpretation. The word "some" is not much of a generalization. "All" or "every one", on the other hand, are good examples of words that generalize. Are you feeling guilty, JD? :coffee:

JohnDoe
11-11-2007, 11:25 AM
nahhh Abbey, no guilt here....I support Veterans, I married one! :)

Abbey Marie
11-11-2007, 12:48 PM
nahhh Abbey, no guilt here....I support Veterans, I married one! :)

To Mr. Doe: :salute:

82Marine89
11-11-2007, 02:24 PM
What an awful thread...

chew on this bitch...

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill

Trigg
11-11-2007, 02:38 PM

You accuse DMP of belonging to the SS, but here to state that you wouldn't have gone to war to stop the Germans????

What would you do to war to stop??

JohnDoe
11-11-2007, 02:44 PM
chew on this bitch...

I guess Jesus Christ when he walked on earth would be HATED by the cons of today? I guess his messages of turning the other cheek, walking the extra mile with your adversary via your own free will, and loving thy enemy falls to the wayside in this day and age in your opinion?

Sometimes I wonder why His teachings are so blatently ignored? As if WE humans KNOW BETTER than Jesus Christ himself. I realize some may say we are in different times than the time He was in when teaching these things, but I would challenge that thought. And even if we are in more turbulent times, Jesus IS God the Son, and he is onmi present, past and future, and would have known the turbulence and enemies we are facing now in the future yet he never once promoted war when He was here?

I apologize in advance 82Marine, if you are not a Christian ...for posing those questions and making those comments about him to you...I am a little green on who all are Christians and who all are not.

jd

Trigg
11-11-2007, 03:07 PM
Boring, back to how all people who don't put military service regardless of what you do while in on some sort of pedestal are evil america haters.

Well since a good chuck on the people on this board didn't serve in the military, I doubt this was said.

People are simply saying that war is necessary sometimes and for Obama to say war is always wrong and he would never support it is assinine.

WWII was necessary to stop the Germans and Japan. Are wars fought for political or personnal gain, sadly yes.

People in the US have the right to complain and question our gov. unlike the people in many other countries. We do not live in dictatorships, we do not have to wear a burqua, we do not haved forced conversions. We are free to think and say what we want.

82Marine89
11-11-2007, 08:11 PM
I guess Jesus Christ when he walked on earth would be HATED by the cons of today? I guess his messages of turning the other cheek, walking the extra mile with your adversary via your own free will, and loving thy enemy falls to the wayside in this day and age in your opinion?

Sometimes I wonder why His teachings are so blatently ignored? As if WE humans KNOW BETTER than Jesus Christ himself. I realize some may say we are in different times than the time He was in when teaching these things, but I would challenge that thought. And even if we are in more turbulent times, Jesus IS God the Son, and he is onmi present, past and future, and would have known the turbulence and enemies we are facing now in the future yet he never once promoted war when He was here?

I apologize in advance 82Marine, if you are not a Christian ...for posing those questions and making those comments about him to you...I am a little green on who all are Christians and who all are not.

jd

I'm more of an Old Testament guy. I believe in an eye for an eye and that God helps those who help themselves. My favorite with Jesus is when he went ape shit on the merchants in the synagogue. He sure wasn't turning the other cheek there.

diuretic
11-11-2007, 08:24 PM
chew on this bitch...

Chew on this prick - use the WHOLE quote:

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse. When a people are used as mere human instruments for firing cannon or thrusting bayonets, in the service and for the selfish purposes of a master, such war degrades a people. A war to protect other human beings against tyrannical injustice; a war to give victory to their own ideas of right and good, and which is their own war, carried on for an honest purpose by their free choice, — is often the means of their regeneration. A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. As long as justice and injustice have not terminated their ever-renewing fight for ascendancy in the affairs of mankind, human beings must be willing, when need is, to do battle for the one against the other.

JohnDoe
11-11-2007, 08:27 PM
I'm more of an Old Testament guy. I believe in an eye for an eye and that God helps those who help themselves. My favorite with Jesus is when he went ape shit on the merchants in the synagogue. He sure wasn't turning the other cheek there.then you are Jewish and not Christian??? Christ's incident at the temple was to defend the house of GOD, and was about 1 paragraph in all of his teachings marine? And he did not call troops in to war with them, he did not kill them, he turned their tables over....

what did you get out of this paragraph that makes you like it so much 82?

jd

JohnDoe
11-11-2007, 08:33 PM
slightly off topic but turning the table over reminded me of something i learned when i took a tour in Salem massachsetts where the witch trials took place...

the term turn the table was coined from the pilgrim's day, they had long wood kitchen tables on pedestals that they used as kitchen countertops were used todat, they did all their cutting and preparation on the top of it, then when it was time to serve dinner, they ''turned the table'' top and used to fresh, unscarred wood side to serve dinner.

82Marine89
11-11-2007, 08:39 PM
then you are Jewish and not Christian??? Christ's incident at the temple was to defend the house of GOD, and was about 1 paragraph in all of his teachings marine? And he did not call troops in to war with them, he did not kill them, he turned their tables over....

what did you get out of this paragraph that makes you like it so much 82?

jd

I'm a Catholic, so I believe in both the old and the new testament. I chose that paragraph just to show that Jesus did lose his temper and get violent. He wasn't always passive.

JohnDoe
11-11-2007, 08:39 PM
I'm more of an Old Testament guy. I believe in an eye for an eye and that God helps those who help themselves. My favorite with Jesus is when he went ape shit on the merchants in the synagogue. He sure wasn't turning the other cheek there.

this is from the gospel of jesus Christ

“‘You have heard that it was said, “An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.” But I tell you not to resist an evil person. But whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also. lf anyone wants to sue you and take away your tunic, let him have your cloak also. And whoever compels you to go one mile, go with him two’” (Matt. 5:38-41).

JohnDoe
11-11-2007, 08:44 PM
I'm a Catholic, so I believe in both the old and the new testament. I chose that paragraph just to show that Jesus did lose his temper and get violent. He wasn't always passive.
i am catholic also and i too believe in both, but i do not in any way choose the old testament OVER the Gospel... :) he wasn't violent towards any person, he did not lay one hand on them, from what i remember, 82

82Marine89
11-11-2007, 08:45 PM
Chew on this prick - use the WHOLE quote:

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse. When a people are used as mere human instruments for firing cannon or thrusting bayonets, in the service and for the selfish purposes of a master, such war degrades a people. A war to protect other human beings against tyrannical injustice; a war to give victory to their own ideas of right and good, and which is their own war, carried on for an honest purpose by their free choice, — is often the means of their regeneration. A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. As long as justice and injustice have not terminated their ever-renewing fight for ascendancy in the affairs of mankind, human beings must be willing, when need is, to do battle for the one against the other.

So you should have no problem with this war?

82Marine89
11-11-2007, 08:48 PM
i am catholic also and i too believe in both, but i do not in any way choose the old testament OVER the Gospel... :) he wasn't violent towards any person, he did not lay one hand on them, from what i remember, 82

That's how I almost failed religion in Catholic school. I said that God contradicted Himself and the nuns were furious.

JohnDoe
11-11-2007, 08:50 PM
That's how I almost failed religion in Catholic school. I said that God contradicted Himself and the nuns were furious.

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

diuretic
11-11-2007, 11:55 PM
So you should have no problem with this war?

Mill was referencing your Civil War. The invasion and occupation of Iraq was about oil.

As far as the incomplete quote from Mill is concerned, it appears - in its incomplete form - in many websites, many keen to extol the virtues of war.
I won't bore you with the whole thing but Mill was arguing that a war to extinguish slavery was for a just cause. The misquoting of Mill from various websites in order to defend the invasion and occupation of Iraq is just propaganda.

Yes, I still have major problems with the invasion and occupation of Iraq.

diuretic
11-11-2007, 11:57 PM

That probably would have got me a belt around the back of the legs with a ruler from the nuns at my school. And I bet they would have put extra lumps in the mashed potato at lunchtime, how the bloody hell they could achieve that every lunchtime is beyond me.

82Marine89
11-12-2007, 12:12 AM
Mill was referencing your Civil War. The invasion and occupation of Iraq was about oil.

As far as the incomplete quote from Mill is concerned, it appears - in its incomplete form - in many websites, many keen to extol the virtues of war.
I won't bore you with the whole thing but Mill was arguing that a war to extinguish slavery was for a just cause. The misquoting of Mill from various websites in order to defend the invasion and occupation of Iraq is just propaganda.

Yes, I still have major problems with the invasion and occupation of Iraq.

There are no virtues of war. Plain and simple war sucks. As a deterrent, I would much rather have the biggest, baddest military that the entire world knows not to fuck with, then to have to spend one day at war.

With regards to the invasion being about oil, can you provide me with a link and explain why we don't control the oil fields?

Immanuel
11-12-2007, 08:05 AM
There are no virtues of war. Plain and simple war sucks. As a deterrent, I would much rather have the biggest, baddest military that the entire world knows not to fuck with, then to have to spend one day at war.

We have the biggest, baddest military in the world and STILL some little shit from the Middle East took us on and it seems to me, unfortunately, he is making us look near incompetant. He has us bottled up in Iraq and is probably sitting in the French Riviera laughing his ass off drinking a Mai Tai or what ever they drink there.

Our military seems to be setup for the wars of old. Two armies dressed in pretty uniforms with tanks and infantrymen etc. facing off against each other on the battlefields. War isn't fought that way anymore. There is not anyone that is going to try and take us on toe to toe. Instead we have to fight the guerilla that hides amongst innocent people and strikes without warning only to blend back in with the innocents. It is a different world out there and we had better change or we'll be beaten again.

Immie

Hagbard Celine
11-12-2007, 09:47 AM

I agree with you here on the basis that your ideas are sound, but honestly our military isn't fighting for out freedom anymore. Our freedom is pretty damn secure. The military has been shang-hai'ed to protect corporate interests and ensure profits. Basically, corporations are piggy-backing off the military's occupation of Iraq--the "war machine." Think about it. Cheap, government protection paid-for by the American tax-payer. A trillion-dollar "market" supplied by taxpayers. Meanwhile, the corporate war machine gets no-bid contracts to supply an indefinite war, makes billions--essentially forever, since the war will never end. Our boys aren't fighting for the people's freedom anymore. And the worst thing about it is the poor saps think they are because, of course, that's what they're told! It's a shame really. This administration has really screwed the pooch as far as the military is concerned. What they've done to throw-away American lives for profits is criminal in my opinion.
If you don't buy it, then answer this question: How does an indefinite occupation of Iraq safeguard our liberties? If you can answer that, I promise to listen.

jackass
11-12-2007, 02:56 PM

Of course it was!! Dont you LOVE the cheap gas we get now??? :rolleyes: