PDA

View Full Version : Why this board is great! :)

darin
02-09-2007, 04:03 PM
I was the VERY FIRST registered member (not counting the two Admins who started the board) of a forum; back in Feb of 2000. I was a moderator, then eventual Admin.

Last week I got a PM from a well-meaning but over-zealous Moderator about my signature:

Many Liberals Won't Stand For Victory In Iraq

Seems it violated a fictional (never stated ANYWHERE on the board) rule against "political signatures".

I replied to the moderator (who is a friend, btw) "I'm not one to break rules - here are the signature rules I followed"

Then I listed the rules.

BUT because he's my friend, I didn't make a stink. I changed my sig to this - stolen from here, by permission:

It's been said about Military Service: Those who sacrifice a portion of thier freedom to defend yours are in measureable fact better than those who don't or didn't.

Today, I logged in.

My signature had changed to:

It's been said about Military Service: :salute:

So - Why this board is great? We will not change your sig!! :D (Unless we're just messing with you, but even then it's only to change Jim's sig into something Homosexuality-related. :) )

jimnyc
02-09-2007, 04:10 PM
but even then it's only to change Jim's sig into something Homosexuality-related. :) )

THAT's what makes this board so great! Because what other admin would allow being made fun of and allow those to remain. You bastards have been egging me on for years now!

I dare you to go to DU and make that your sig. :)

Hagbard Celine
02-09-2007, 04:12 PM
It's been said about Military Service: Those who sacrifice a portion of thier freedom to defend yours are in measureable fact better than those who don't or didn't.

They probably changed it because this signature sucks! :laugh:

Yurt
02-09-2007, 06:16 PM
"this board"

what board..