PDA

View Full Version : Michelle Obama: Inferiority Complex Prevents Blacks From Supporting Obama

red states rule
11-12-2007, 12:01 PM
Sen Obama may want to stuff a gag in his wifes mouth. She is killing him in this campaign

Michelle Obama: Inferiority Complex Prevents Blacks From Supporting Obama
By Mark Finkelstein | November 12, 2007 - 06:52 ET

Guess I won't be calling Mika Brzezinski a "newsreader" again anytime soon. She went to Iowa over the weekend and scored an in-depth interview with Michelle Obama that included a highly-controversial suggestion from the candidate's wife. According to Mrs. Obama, her husband isn't polling better among African-Americans because in the back of their minds, many blacks think "others" are better.

MICHELLE OBAMA: First of all, I think that that's not going to hold. I'm completely confident: black America will wake up, and get [it]. But what we're dealing with in the black community is just the natural fear of possibility. You know, when I look at my life, the stuff that we're seeing in these polls has played out my whole life. You know, always been told by somebody that I'm not ready, that I can't do something, my scores weren't high enough. You know, there's always that doubt in the back of the minds of people of color. People who've been oppressed and haven't been given real opportunities. That you never really believe. That you believe that somehow, someone is better than you. You know, deep down inside, you doubt whether you can do it, because that's all you've been told, is "no, wait." That's all you hear, and you hear it from people who love you. Not because they don't care about you, but bcause they're afraid. They're afraid that something might happen.

I'll leave it to others to analyze the entirety of Michelle Obama's statement. But I wonder: what would the reaction would be if a white Republican suggested that African-Americans didn't support black candidates because they doubted that blacks could do it and deep down they believed that someone else "was better"?

To watch the video

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/mark-finkelstein/2007/11/12/michelle-obama-inferiority-complex-blocks-blacks-backing-barack

11-12-2007, 12:47 PM
no. if anyone is killing his campaign, Obama is. But the question is will Obama or clinton bomb their campaigns first?

As for her comments, she really isnt that smart is she? how is insulting the voters going to convince them to vote for you?

red states rule
11-12-2007, 05:33 PM
no. if anyone is killing his campaign, Obama is. But the question is will Obama or clinton bomb their campaigns first?

As for her comments, she really isnt that smart is she? how is insulting the voters going to convince them to vote for you?

How true. Here is his latest idea to rape the taxpayer

Obama Says He'll Push for Higher Social Security Taxes if Elected
Sunday, November 11, 2007

WASHINGTON — Democrat Barack Obama said Sunday he will push for higher Social Security taxes if elected, viewing it as the best option for improving the retirement program's finances.

Obama and several other Democratic presidential candidates previously have signaled support for lifting the cap on the amount of income that is taxed to provide monthly Social Security checks.

But during an interview on NBC's "Meet the Press," Obama said taxing more of a person's income was the option he would push for if elected president. He objected to benefit cuts or a higher retirement age.

"I think the best way to approach this is to adjust the cap on the payroll tax so that people like myself are paying a little bit more and people who are in need are protected," the Illinois senator said.

"That is the option that I will be pushing forward."

Currently, only the first $97,500 of a person's annual income is taxed. That cap is scheduled to rise to $102,000 next year.

Obama's proposal could include a gap or "doughnut hole" to shield middle-income earners from higher payroll taxes, he said.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,310476,00.html

actsnoblemartin
11-12-2007, 05:34 PM
what i know about obama

he is black, he is articulate, he is christian

and he likes to dance on the ellen show :laugh2:

red states rule
11-12-2007, 06:23 PM
“I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that’s a storybook, man.”

Joe Biden

manu1959
11-12-2007, 07:09 PM
i like obama.....i just don't like his politics.....

Kathianne
11-12-2007, 07:12 PM
You all aren't from Illinois. He and his wife are more to be looked at than can now be made clear. Hillary has a 'go' if they are waiting on him.

red states rule
11-13-2007, 07:21 AM
You all aren't from Illinois. He and his wife are more to be looked at than can now be made clear. Hillary has a 'go' if they are waiting on him.

It could be Obama is now running for VP

red states rule
11-13-2007, 07:49 AM
MSNBC Buries Michelle Obama's Black Self-Doubt Comments
By Mark Finkelstein | November 13, 2007 - 07:32 ET

Watching MSNBC during the day yesterday, I never saw those comments resurface during snippets of the interview that were shown. But surely, I assumed, the comments would be there when today's "Morning Joe" ran what it billed as "The Michelle Obama Interview."

Wrong. At least in the extended presentation of the interview made during the 6:30 AM ET half-hour, the controversial bit was edited smoothly out.

BONUS COVERAGE: America's Fault if It Doesn't Elect Barack

In comments aired today not shown on yesterday's "Morning Joe," Michelle Obama essentially said that America will have no one to blame but itself if it doesn't elect her husband.

"So I don't want Barack to be anybody other than who he is. Because if America doesn't accept that, then I want America to own that. I want them to look themselves in the face and say "you had a choice. You had a choice to choose somebody who was decent, who was going to be a uniter. Somebody who's going to be honest, who is going to tell you the truth. All these things you say you want, and then you get it, and you trip. You freak out. And you question it, and you worry, and is it true?"

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/mark-finkelstein/2007/11/13/msnbc-hits-delete-michelle-obamas-black-self-doubt-comments

TheSage
11-13-2007, 08:58 AM

You mean like the capitol hill republicans who tried to ram amnesty through the process and called anyone who argued, "racist", "protectiontist", "nativist", "stupid" etc?

red states rule
11-13-2007, 09:01 AM
You mean like the capitol hill republicans who tried to ram amnesty through the process and called anyone who argued, "racist", "protectiontist", "nativist", "stupid" etc?

There were a few who used the liberal method of insulting those who stood up to them

But the left uses the race card daily

Now, Ms Obama is playing the race card, attempting to shame blacks into voting for her husband

TheSage
11-13-2007, 09:14 AM
There were a few who used the liberal method of insulting those who stood up to them

But the left uses the race card daily

Now, Ms Obama is playing the race card, attempting to shame blacks into voting for her husband

Focus on your own party first. Get your own house in order. are you on the Globalist, anti-american, Giuliani train?

red states rule
11-13-2007, 09:20 AM
Focus on your own party first. Get your own house in order. are you on the Globalist, anti-american, Giuliani train?

If you want to see blantant racism - look at the Dems

Read how they treat black conservatives who refuse to cower to the Rev Al's, and Jessis Jackson and play the race card

theHawk
11-13-2007, 09:25 AM
"So I don't want Barack to be anybody other than who he is. Because if America doesn't accept that, then I want America to own that. I want them to look themselves in the face and say "you had a choice. You had a choice to choose somebody who was decent, who was going to be a uniter. Somebody who's going to be honest, who is going to tell you the truth. All these things you say you want, and then you get it, and you trip. You freak out. And you question it, and you worry, and is it true?"

I'll happily own up to not accepting Obama for who he is.

Michelle Obama has got to be the dumbest wife since Hitlary.

red states rule
11-13-2007, 09:29 AM
I'll happily own up to not accepting Obama for who he is.

Michelle Obama has got to be the dumbest wife since Hitlary.

Or Theresa Kerry