PDA

View Full Version : A friendly word from Obama08

Guernicaa
11-12-2007, 01:04 PM
The same people who are always bitching the left wants to "silence" everyone are not hypocritically trying to censor me and LiberalNation from our right to express our ideas. Furthermore, in regards to not catching onto the joke yet, the right-wing clique continues to freak out like little girls not receiving a pony for their birthday. So go ahead, continue to send my rep down the drain. For conservatives, the "you can't say or do that" rule applies only to the military and Christians, while "wet backs", "spics", "nigger", "faggot", "butch" and every other minority-degrading word is perfectly acceptable.

Kathianne
11-12-2007, 01:12 PM
The same people who are always bitching the left wants to "silence" everyone are not hypocritically trying to censor me and LiberalNation from our right to express our ideas. Furthermore, in regards to not catching onto the joke yet, the right-wing clique continues to freak out like little girls not receiving a pony for their birthday. So go ahead, continue to send my rep down the drain. For conservatives, the "you can't say or do that" rule applies only to the military and Christians, while "wet backs", "spics", "nigger", "faggot", "butch" and every other minority-degrading word is perfectly acceptable.

What you've failed to notice is that many are defending your right not to be silenced. You are however getting negged for acting like contrary children, who may have been humorous when 6, but are annoying for the same behavior at 12.

Trigg
11-12-2007, 01:20 PM

Have the administrators taken your posts off???

If not, than you are not being silenced, you are being disagreed with and getting neg repped in the process.

Sitarro
11-12-2007, 01:20 PM

Aren't you forgetting some? How about "cracker", "white boy", "breeder", "anglo'', "Afro-saxon" or "wigger", etc.

Go to this site for a near complete ethnic slur dictionary...... it is hilarious!:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: It's amazing how many slurs are reserved for black people, they are hated on every continent...:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ethnic_slurs

Immanuel
11-12-2007, 01:22 PM

Since you are not being censored... what is the point of this thread? ;)

Immie

Immanuel
11-12-2007, 01:24 PM
Aren't you forgetting some? How about "cracker", "white boy", "breeder", "anglo'', "Afro-saxon" or "wigger", etc.

Don't forget "anti-choicer". As if anyone is against choice. :D

Immie

Guernicaa
11-12-2007, 01:28 PM
hypocritically trying to censor me

Dumbasses.
Learn how to read.

Sitarro
11-12-2007, 01:31 PM
excuse us for being bored with the same old shit kid........ you aren't original, creative, smart or clever..... we have seen your act many times before for years

Kathianne
11-12-2007, 01:34 PM
Dumbasses.
Learn how to read.

Dumbass, read my post, again. Several have been arguing against such attempt.

11-12-2007, 01:35 PM

I cant help but notince that no one has censored you for this outburst... nor any other posts...

However, if you want to express ideas, maybe you should come up with some. All you've really done is troll.

Immanuel
11-12-2007, 01:37 PM
Dumbasses.
Learn how to read.

You put "not" in front of hypocritically which made your statement negative, which was why I commented on it. Basically, so you could clear it up.

I understood what you were attempting to say, but was trying to let you clarify it.

Immie

11-12-2007, 01:40 PM
Dumbasses.
Learn how to read.

and who is trying to censor you?

Mr. P
11-12-2007, 01:40 PM

Lesson one: Free speech comes with consequences. Deal with it.

manu1959
11-12-2007, 01:47 PM

what a perfect response.....:salute:

11-12-2007, 01:49 PM

and the number 1 consequence is: When you act childish people will treat you like a child.

Nukeman
11-12-2007, 02:19 PM
The same people who are always bitching the left wants to "silence" everyone are not hypocritically trying to censor me and LiberalNation from our right to express our ideas. Furthermore, in regards to not catching onto the joke yet, the right-wing clique continues to freak out like little girls not receiving a pony for their birthday. So go ahead, continue to send my rep down the drain. For conservatives, the "you can't say or do that" rule applies only to the military and Christians, while "wet backs", "spics", "nigger", "faggot", "butch" and every other minority-degrading word is perfectly acceptable.I have seen a few call for you to be banned from a particular thread but not to silence you completely.

Heres the deal you insult a number of people on this board and act surprised when they get pissed. You are than told in very simple terms that you need to grow up yet you get offended because some on here are using neg. rep. to show you there displeasure.

If your going to be contrary, or attempt to antagonize others than you have to deal with the consequences to your actions. No one has called for outright cencorship. they have called on you to use a little tact every once in a while. You have the freedom of speach but with that freedom comes a responsibility to use it wisely.

You as well as everyone else on this board does not have the freedom from annoyance, insulting, degrading etc....etc... comments but common courtesy is a 2 way street that you need to remember.

I have had moments with you where I would like to rip your head off and I have also had times where I agree with you 100%. Mostly I ignore your tantrums and some of your pot stirring, sometimes people just dont like to hear what you have to say...:slap:

Abbey Marie
11-12-2007, 02:42 PM
hypocritically trying to censor me

Not sure who you think is TRYING to censor you, but on behalf of the staff, I can tell you that if we wanted to silence you, we wouldn't have to "try". ;)

As some members have said elsewhere, this isn't about free speech, it is about civility and to some extent, maturity. We have exactly the freedoms that Jim by virtue of his ownership decides we can have. No more and no less. This isn't the streets, or the Washington Mall. You can always show your disgust for our country in public, thanks to the soldiers you so vilify.

Btw, you can't really be part of a community in any meaningful sense, and continually diss it too. The latter is really just akin to highly active trolling.

PostmodernProphet
11-12-2007, 02:49 PM

that is such a good point, I'm gong to quote it again.......

manu1959
11-12-2007, 02:49 PM
Not sure who you think is TRYING to censor you, but on behalf of the staff, I can tell you that if we wanted to silence you, we wouldn't have to "try". ;)

As some members have said elsewhere, this isn't about free speech, it is about civility and to some extent, maturity. We have exactly the freedoms that Jim by virtue of his ownership decides we can have. No more and no less. This isn't the streets, or the Washington Mall. You can always show your disgust for our country in public, thanks to the soldiers you so vilify.

Btw, you can't really be part of a community in any meaningful sense, and continually diss it too. The latter is really just akin to highly active trolling.

would not a call to censor his free speech in fact be free speech?..........

and his call to supress or call to censor him in fact be censorship?......

would seem he is guilty of that which he complains....

Sitarro
11-12-2007, 02:54 PM

I'm still dizzy from reading this post but agree with it completely.:laugh2:

Abbey Marie
11-12-2007, 02:56 PM

Yeah- what he said. http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/3037184/2/istockphoto_3037184_grandson_finger_point.jpg

Pale Rider
11-12-2007, 03:12 PM
As some members have said elsewhere, this isn't about free speech, it is about civility and to some extent, maturity.

Yes... exactly... the point I was making. It sure is nice to see SOMEONE gets it. But that being you Abbey is no surprise. You're a real sharp cookie... :rock:

gabosaurus
11-12-2007, 03:19 PM
Sorry, I can't say that I understand what you are trying to say.
I learned early on that it is not what you say, but how you say it. Take for instance how I always used to get into it with Pale. Until it was politely pointed out to me that I could make my argument much better if I didn't make personal comments. Sometimes I am blonde about those things.

No one screws with the righties on this board more than I do. But I do it with facts and opinions. It's never the facts and opinions that they want to hear, but that is not going to happen anyway.
My attitude is -- I don't care if you agree with me or not. My opinion is my opinion.
And since I am an uber-intelligent female, I am right all the time. :)

Sitarro
11-12-2007, 03:25 PM
I learned early on that it is not what you say, but how you say it. Take for instance how I always used to get into it with Pale. Until it was politely pointed out to me that I could make my argument much better if I didn't make personal comments. Sometimes I am blonde about those things.

No one screws with the righties on this board more than I do. But I do it with facts and opinions. It's never the facts and opinions that they want to hear, but that is not going to happen anyway.
My attitude is -- I don't care if you agree with me or not. My opinion is my opinion.

Is the definition of uber......not very? Just looking for clarification.

Pale Rider
11-12-2007, 03:32 PM

And if people haven't noticed of late, gab and I haven't exchanged vulgarities or insults for quite some time. Yeah I disagree with her, 99.999% of the time, but I don't have to insult her to tell her that, and I feel the exchange of ideas without the insults is much more rewarding. I found out more about what truly is in her head that's important, not what's in her head that's just insults and garbage. Anyone can talk shit. It takes a better person to talk intelligently. Abbey and Manu would both be good examples of that, and look at their rep. Yup. It reflects it.

And I'll have the board know that I sent a PM to Obama asking him if he wanted a truce, to end the insults. It fell on deaf ears. He wanted no part of it. So this whole thread of his here is nothing but a fucking travesty. The punk is full of spite and malevolence. Without his personal attacks and insults, he has nothing. Which is what he's good for... nothing.

Hagbard Celine
11-12-2007, 03:38 PM
What's all this whining about? Why don't ya'll all go outside and have big cry and get it out of your system?:dance:

gabosaurus
11-12-2007, 03:38 PM
That is very true, Pale. I never agree with you, but I respect you as an intelligent person. Your opinions come from your thought process, not mere regurgitations of countless right wing blogs and sites.
I respect original thoughts. If I want to read town hall and little green footballs, I know where they are.

Immanuel
11-12-2007, 03:41 PM
What's all this whining about? Why don't ya'll all go outside and have big cry and get it out of your system?:dance:

Because that would be the liberal way of doing things.

Immie

stephanie
11-12-2007, 03:58 PM
Hummm...who does this picture remind me of...

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/thtantrumgr7.gif

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/thbaby-crying-1.gif

Kathianne
11-12-2007, 04:02 PM
Hummm...who does this picture remind me of...

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/thtantrumgr7.gif

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/thbaby-crying-1.gif

Gee Stephanie, could you possibly be referring to he who was calling others' behavior, "crying like little girls?" Wasn't that sexist of him?

Said1
11-12-2007, 06:22 PM

My birthday is tomorrow. You wanna here crying if I don't get my pony?

:blsmile: <-------N-Du-Gu says hello. :)

jackass
11-12-2007, 06:40 PM
My birthday is tomorrow. You wanna here crying if I don't get my pony?

:blsmile: <-------N-Du-Gu says hello. :)

Happy Birthday!!

Mines today!! :cool:

Said1
11-12-2007, 06:42 PM
Happy Birthday!!

Oh great. Like the worlds needs another demented Scorpio. :cheers2:

Happy Birthday!

Kathianne
11-12-2007, 06:44 PM
Oh great. Like the worlds needs another demented Scorpio. :cheers2:

Happy Birthday!

happy Birthday! I think to Jackass, for some reason I thought Said was in Jan, but I could easily be wrong. Guess I'm setting myself up here, for 12:1. ;)

stephanie
11-12-2007, 06:44 PM
Happy Birthday!!

I hope you're having a great Birthday day..
Happy Birthday....:cheers2:

Pale Rider
11-12-2007, 07:06 PM
Happy Birthday!!

Shitty thread to say this in but, happy birthday none the less! :D

Nukeman
11-12-2007, 07:45 PM
That is very true, Pale. I never agree with you, but I respect you as an intelligent person. Your opinions come from your thought process, not mere regurgitations of countless right wing blogs and sites.
I respect original thoughts. If I want to read town hall and little green footballs, I know where they are.Geez enough of this love fest why dont you two just get a room and get it over with will yaa:laugh2::laugh2::beer::huddle::suck::wank2::ban ana:

Pale Rider
11-12-2007, 07:47 PM
Geez enough of this love fest why dont you two just get a room and get it over with will yaa:laugh2::laugh2::beer::huddle::suck::wank2::ban ana:

Why Nuke... I had no idea you were so jealous... :cool:

11-12-2007, 07:50 PM
still not sure who is trying to censor him or what exactly he thinks has been censored.

Nukeman
11-12-2007, 07:51 PM
Why Nuke... I had no idea you were so jealous... :cool:
You got me brother!!!!

Just ask my wife if I'm jealous!!!:laugh2::cheers2:

Pale Rider
11-12-2007, 07:52 PM
You got me brother!!!!

Just ask my wife if I'm jealous!!!:laugh2::cheers2:

No way man... you're not going to label me "home wrecker." :D

Nukeman
11-12-2007, 08:02 PM
No way man... you're not going to label me "home wrecker." :D
Awww she like the clean cut type.... Have yet to figure out what she's doing with me though.....:laugh2:

82Marine89
11-12-2007, 08:25 PM

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/82Marine89/dumbass.jpg