PDA

View Full Version : So I Do Amazon Too Much and Don't Have Grandchildren, Yet

Kathianne
11-12-2007, 03:56 PM
Best toys and games:

http://www.amazon.com/b?node=370899011

A lot of them are on sale, I like this:

http://www.amazon.com/LeapFrog-ClickStart-My-First-Computer/dp/B000NRVFV8/ref=ias_x400_dpbn/103-6474455-3906251?rrasins=B000PGRBGA,B000FQ9QVI,B000J2CTZI,B 000OV7A62,B000TT4GBG,B000L9TVNW,B000OOLNTY,B000TGD HVY,B000ANPQCE,B000QUJKFU,B000I10PYC,B000WMHUOK,B0 00NW2AVC,B000PMGN2M,B000SVI0FS,B000NRVFV8,B000QUYH IK,B000KDQJL6,B000EQHK26,B000FRV2UK&rra=B000NRVFV8

One of the reviews:

57 of 57 people found the following review helpful:
5.0 out of 5 stars This is a must have for preschoolers, August 21, 2007
By Mom of Three (CA, USA) - See all my reviews
Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
We bought this for our 2 1/2 year old, because she kept wanting to play with our laptop computers. We figured this was a better option for her, so she would not break our laptops.
She loved it from the minute we hooked it up, and has played it everyday for the past three weeks. She has not gotten tired of it at all since the more you play the more challenging the games get. We are still using the original set of batteries and the keyboard does actually turn itself off after 5 minutes of non-use. (Note...buy the AC adapter, so you can skip having to use batteries in the console unit)LeapFrog ClickStart™ My First Computer Adapter

We give it 5 stars for fun due to the fact that she wakes up each morning still looking forward to playing with Scout, and the Typing Tree. Not many toys can entertain and teach the ever important skills of keyboarding and mouse control to a 2 1/2 year old.

We give it 5 stars for educational value because she at 2 1/2 now has enough eye hand control to use not ony her little mouse accurately, but she can use a real computer mouse with percision. Counting, letter recognition, color recognition, following directions, phonics as well as nurturing are all addressed in the 4 games that are preloaded. The ability to add more games also merits 5 stars.

Durabiity gets 5 stars because she is two, has played with it everyday for three weeks and it still works! :-) She is not super tough on her toys, but has on several occasions carried the entire keyboard by the mouse cord. I was concerned that that mouse would stop working if the cord became loose, however, it is attached to the keyboard very securely behind a screwed in plate that kids cannot access, and you can actually replace it yourself with the replacement mouse offered by Leap Frog.

Again, this is a GREAT product!
Comment Comment | Permalink | Was this review helpful to you? YesNo (Report this)