PDA

View Full Version : depictions of the prophet.......

manu1959
11-12-2007, 05:06 PM
Under Islamic law any depiction of the prophet, even favorable, is not allowed for fear it could lead to idolatry.

ok i get it.....but if there are no pictures....

how do they know your picture is that of the prophet?

Hagbard Celine
11-12-2007, 05:07 PM
I guess if you draw a picture and label it "Muhammed," it's pretty obvious. :dunno:

manu1959
11-12-2007, 05:11 PM
I guess if you draw a picture and label it "Muhammed," it's pretty obvious. :dunno:

obvious that it is some dude named muhammed....

holy crap i know a guy named muhammed....if he has his portrait painted and put his name under it he will be killed under muslim law...i better warn him....

actsnoblemartin
11-12-2007, 05:14 PM
they dont, its called brain washing, maybe allah is a woman or a beast or a man with 3 nipples

Under Islamic law any depiction of the prophet, even favorable, is not allowed for fear it could lead to idolatry.

ok i get it.....but if there are no pictures....

how do they know your picture is that of the prophet?

Hagbard Celine
11-12-2007, 05:21 PM

holy crap i know a guy named muhammed....if he has his portrait painted and put his name under it he will be killed under muslim law...i better warn him....

You really should. He'd probably appreciate it.

Nukeman
11-12-2007, 07:42 PM
You know I remember reading on an Islamic web sight I frequent, after the Danish cartoons came out that some were saying that it shouldn't have been such a big deal.

The reason was due to the fact that in just about any street bazzar in Iraq, Iran, Syria, Jordan, and Saudi Arabia you could purchase a picture or painting of Muhammad. The statements were that it was hypocriticle to condemn one set and allow another set.

I gotta say I agreed with these people but they were shouted down by the extremist on the board..

Any way what a buch of f888ing hypocrits....

Hobbit
11-13-2007, 12:38 PM
What they're twisting here is words from Mohammad himself. Once he became famous, Mohammad almost never publicly revealed his face, and most ancient paintings of him show him with a veil over his face. This was because he wanted his followers to worship Allah, rather than himself.

The pictures are just an excuse. Islamic dictators want their populations angry, because it scares the rest of the world.

Hagbard Celine
11-13-2007, 12:44 PM
What they're twisting here is words from Mohammad himself. Once he became famous, Mohammad almost never publicly revealed his face, and most ancient paintings of him show him with a veil over his face. This was because he wanted his followers to worship Allah, rather than himself.

The pictures are just an excuse. Islamic dictators want their populations angry, because it scares the rest of the world.

Or because he was really....

MICHAEL JACKSON!!!!:eek:
http://www.angrypatrioticbastard.com/images/entertainmentmedia/jacko%20innocent.jpg

glockmail
11-13-2007, 01:28 PM

That brings up a legit point. Isn't naming your kid Mohamed a form of idolatry?