PDA

View Full Version : Who is YOUR favorite board member and why?

actsnoblemartin
11-12-2007, 05:31 PM
RSR

He is Intelligent, Nice, has a great sense of humor and is my best friend on the board :)

Perhaps I did not make this clear, OTHER THEN YOURSELF.

sheesh.

Hagbard Celine
11-12-2007, 05:43 PM
That Hagbard Celine is a pretty slick character. Handsome too. Good smelling, keeps his nails trimmed.

hjmick
11-12-2007, 05:52 PM
Me.

retiredman
11-12-2007, 05:53 PM
RSR

He is Intelligent, Nice, has a great sense of humor and is my best friend on the board :)

that's a surprise!:lol:

Hey marty....did you ever read that Winter Soldier speech? :laugh2:

Said1
11-12-2007, 06:05 PM
I kill me. :laugh2:

actsnoblemartin
11-12-2007, 06:07 PM
yes i did sir.

:), remember, i sent you a reply back.

I read every word of it.

that's a surprise!:lol:

Hey marty....did you ever read that Winter Soldier speech? :laugh2:

retiredman
11-12-2007, 06:09 PM
yes i did sir.

:), remember, i sent you a reply back.

I read every word of it.

but yet, you continue to denigrate him. seems as if you don't really have the courage of any sort of "conviction"

OCA
11-12-2007, 06:20 PM
but yet, you continue to denigrate him. seems as if you don't really have the courage of any sort of "conviction"

Acts has the courage of a toilet seat, he'll clog up at a moment's notice because *reason unable to print because people get their feelings hurt*.

actsnoblemartin
11-12-2007, 06:22 PM
I havent said a word about john kerry lately. pro or con

please show me lately i said anything bad about john kerry?

jimnyc
11-12-2007, 06:32 PM
My favorite is easily Psychoblues! I start cracking up when I see he has posted before I even open his post! LOL He's currently under a lengthy ban though, maybe I'll have to talk it over with staff and get him back here. I know some of you bastards hate him, but he cracks me up. :laugh2:

Kathianne
11-12-2007, 06:33 PM
My favorite is easily Psychoblues! I start cracking up when I see he has posted before I even open his post! LOL He's currently under a lengthy ban though, maybe I'll have to talk it over with staff and get him back here. I know some of you bastards hate him, but he cracks me up. :laugh2:

NNNNNNNooooooooooooooo

JohnDoe
11-12-2007, 06:41 PM
My favorite people are trigg and trinity, though they don't seem to post as much as most of us.

I love the way they really love and take interest in their kids, and how they usually don't insult people just for the sake of insulting and maybe because they are female.

jd

JohnDoe
11-12-2007, 06:43 PM
Oh and my favorite guy poster is Diurectic....he USUALLY stays pretty calm and humorous, with the exception of this week where his Blood Pressure went thru the roof.

jd

Said1
11-12-2007, 06:44 PM
Oh and my favorite guy poster is Diurectic....he USUALLY stays pretty calm and humorous, with the exception of this week where his Blood Pressure went thru the roof.

jd

His extra curricular activities are causing him too much stress. :laugh2:

Pale Rider
11-12-2007, 07:12 PM
There hasn't been anyone impress me like Merlin1047 did. He was my favorite by leaps and bounds. I don't think I can pick a new one with him gone.

God rest his soul.

Kathianne
11-12-2007, 07:16 PM
There hasn't been anyone impress me like Merlin1047 did. He was my favorite by leaps and bounds. I don't think I can pick a new one with him gone.

God rest his soul.

I agree. He was unique, for all the right reasons. Good call PR.

Guernicaa
11-12-2007, 07:20 PM
I like Said1. :o

When I'm fighting with everyone she usually comes in and says something funny, and I can share all my favorite live performances of The White Stripes with her.

OCA
11-12-2007, 07:24 PM
I'm my favorite poster, seriously, i'm one of the last of a dying breed here who hasn't fallen prey to political correctness fear of banishment be damned.

Pale Rider
11-12-2007, 07:26 PM
I'm my favorite poster, seriously, i'm one of the last of a dying breed here who hasn't fallen prey to political correctness fear of banishment be damned.

Yeah well... I hold the record for banishment. Seems I'm the meanest son of a bitch this board has ever seen, when I want to be.

actsnoblemartin
11-12-2007, 07:27 PM
I dont know if you like provoking people, but I am sad, that some have felt the need to personally attack you :(--

I like Said1. :o

When I'm fighting with everyone she usually comes in and says something funny, and I can share all my favorite live performances of The White Stripes with her.

manu1959
11-12-2007, 07:27 PM

an internet phoenix ...... if you will .....

Pale Rider
11-12-2007, 07:29 PM
I dont know if you like provoking people, but I am sad, that some have felt the need to personally attack you :(--

Don't be... he's gotten exactly what he asked for. But now he wants to play nice, so lets be adults and let him.

OCA
11-12-2007, 07:33 PM
Yeah well... I hold the record for banishment. Seems I'm the meanest son of a bitch this board has ever seen, when I want to be.

I've been shitcanned 3 times now, once when I was a mod by Darin on USMB! Can you top that brother?:laugh2:

OCA
11-12-2007, 07:34 PM

You see this is what I can't stand, mentally challenged(hmmmph!) or not, your fake fucking sympathy. Can anyone say.................?

dan
11-12-2007, 07:38 PM

Me too! I thought I was the only one! He cracks me up, I don't really agree with most or any of what he says, but the way he words them cracks me up. I'm on the Bring Back Psycho bandwagon!

Said1
11-12-2007, 07:39 PM

God rest his soul.

For sure. He's someone I can say I'm truely sad I never had a chance to meet.

Pale Rider
11-12-2007, 07:40 PM
I've been shitcanned 3 times now, once when I was a mod by Darin on USMB! Can you top that brother?:laugh2:

I was never banned over at the other board, that I can remember anyway, but I've been banned here three times, and once for a few months. :salute:

Kathianne
11-12-2007, 07:41 PM
I'm feeling a very weird moment, sort of Biblical. Should we release OCA or Psychoblues? the crowds are chanting...

manu1959
11-12-2007, 07:41 PM

God rest his soul.

merlin was cool.....he dinged me on my first post....LOL....

OCA
11-12-2007, 07:42 PM
I'm feeling a very weird moment, sort of Biblical. Should we release OCA or Psychoblues? the crowds are chanting...

If you hadn't noticed i'm released, you sure you're ok?

Pale Rider
11-12-2007, 07:43 PM

The thing about psychoblues is, yeah he talks major shit, but I think it's just rolling off his lips. I don't think there's a real malicious intent behind any of it. Others here, you can SMELL the hate and disdain in their posts. They just can't make their attacks personal enough. Psychoblues is different.

Yeah bring him back.

Kathianne
11-12-2007, 07:44 PM
If you hadn't noticed i'm released, you sure you're ok?

I was speaking metaphorically. Personally you rate way ahead of PB.

11-12-2007, 07:44 PM
That Hagbard Celine is a pretty slick character. Handsome too. Good smelling, keeps his nails trimmed.

i hear he already has a girlfriend so you might be barking up the wrong tree with all those compliments;)

11-12-2007, 07:45 PM

it is rather amusing to see what he complains about. cause its usually got nothing to do with that actual substance of what you say.

11-12-2007, 07:48 PM

God rest his soul.

i miss that guy, man.

JohnDoe
11-12-2007, 09:06 PM
modified... changed my mind!

Gaffer
11-12-2007, 09:20 PM

Didn't your mother teach you its not nice to laugh at the retarded? :poke:

82Marine89
11-12-2007, 09:24 PM

well you guys had to ban him before he could respond to this...
http://www.debatepolicy.com/showpost.php?p=141739&postcount=38

Bring him back, he's a fun one.

waterrescuedude2000
11-12-2007, 09:54 PM

When we don't have to see your stupid ass on here!!!!! Go to hell you moron!!!!

11-12-2007, 10:23 PM

I like OCA. dont know why you dont.

dan
11-12-2007, 10:53 PM
Classic Psychoblues:

http://debatepolicy.com/showpost.php?p=84241&postcount=2

Nothing personal to you, d, but even you gotta admit, someone flaming a Music post three months after the original post is insane and hilarious!

Said1
11-12-2007, 10:55 PM
Classic Psychoblues:

Nothing personal to you, d, but even you gotta admit, someone flaming a Music post three months after the original post is insane and hilarious!

"Not cool'. That reminds me of the Fonz. ....'come on D, step into my office' :laugh2:

manu1959
11-12-2007, 10:57 PM
Classic Psychoblues:

3 months....it was feb to july........:laugh2:...psycho is a nut....and funny as hell....

Said1
11-12-2007, 10:58 PM
:lmao: It's the Miami Vice Theme song?

manu1959
11-12-2007, 11:00 PM
:lmao: It's the Miami Vice Theme song?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKeE3saeguY

dan
11-12-2007, 11:20 PM
"Not cool'. That reminds me of the Fonz. ....'come on D, step into my office' :laugh2:

Sit on it, D. Heeeeeyyyyyyy!!!!:cool:

5stringJeff
11-13-2007, 07:58 AM
KarlMarx, both for the intelligence of his posts and the irony of his screen name.

Abbey Marie
11-13-2007, 01:50 PM
Musicman.

Kathianne
11-13-2007, 01:57 PM
Musicman.

I'll second that, great choice Abbey. Wish he posted more.

jackass
11-13-2007, 02:08 PM
Jimmy aside...I think it would Be Dan. He is a bit on the "artsy" side for my taste but he can always be counted on for a funny post or a "zinger". They always make me laugh. He is usually pretty even tempered and always a stand up guy!

glockmail
11-13-2007, 02:44 PM
I've been shitcanned 3 times now, once when I was a mod by Darin on USMB! Can you top that brother?:laugh2: You're such a wussie. I was banned there forever, later reinstated. Then my rep points got erased to zero. Then my password got changed (go figger). About a month ago gunny reset it for me and invited me back. That homo's got the hots for me. :laugh2:

dan
11-13-2007, 03:49 PM
Jimmy aside...I think it would Be Dan. He is a bit on the "artsy" side for my taste but he can always be counted on for a funny post or a "zinger". They always make me laugh. He is usually pretty even tempered and always a stand up guy!

Hey, thanks! Got no reps for ya, gotta spread them around first, but thanks!

OCA
11-13-2007, 04:42 PM
You're such a wussie. I was banned there forever, later reinstated. Then my rep points got erased to zero. Then my password got changed (go figger). About a month ago gunny reset it for me and invited me back. That homo's got the hots for me. :laugh2:

Well a 1 night bender spent on USMB got me fired from staff here so in a way you could say that thats equal to a permaban, don't regret a minute of it though, it was something that had to be done, consequences be damned.

OCA
11-13-2007, 04:44 PM

Hey how's Nevada's board going? Bet that sumbitch needs moderating like crazy, eh?

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Kathianne
11-13-2007, 04:44 PM
Well a 1 night bender spent on USMB got me fired from staff here so in a way you could say that thats equal to a permaban, don't regret a minute of it though, it was something that had to be done, consequences be damned.

I'm all in favor of those that take responsibility! Rep for you.

OCA
11-13-2007, 04:51 PM
I'm all in favor of those that take responsibility! Rep for you.

Well to this day I do not agree with the firing decision but I accepted the decision, whaddaya gonna do? Cry?

I banned and lorded the power over those I wanted, they are no longer here, I consider it my contribution to the "greening" of DP.

Just wish the permaban of MFM I meeted out would've stuck, he's like a persistent sewage leak that won't seal for nothing.

glockmail
11-13-2007, 05:16 PM
Damn you beat me this time, homo!

darin
11-13-2007, 05:17 PM

He's still banned? I'll fix that. :)

glockmail
11-13-2007, 05:18 PM
Well to this day I do not agree with the firing decision but I accepted the decision, whaddaya gonna do? Cry?

I banned and lorded the power over those I wanted, they are no longer here, I consider it my contribution to the "greening" of DP.

Just wish the permaban of MFM I meeted out would've stuck, he's like a persistent sewage leak that won't seal for nothing.

I can't figger out why anyone would un-ban him. He must be the least favorite poster, as well as a know pedophile.

OCA
11-13-2007, 05:35 PM
I can't figger out why anyone would un-ban him. He must be the least favorite poster, as well as a know pedophile.

Because he makes sausages stand steel stiff and fireworks spout off with those pouty lips of his.

Sitarro
11-13-2007, 05:36 PM

God rest his soul.

I agree with ya Pale, Merlin1047 was a great one but there is another our little group lost that was another favorite.....spikesmygod, may he also rest in peace.

For those that never had the pleasure of reading his posts, here is one of my favorites.......

"The new line of retort- which is the old one- by liberals & Kerry is to claim to being attacked every time a flip-flop is uncovered. The new retort is to say that Republicans don't wish to discuss the issues, they just want to talk about misstatements & SUVs. The new Democratic strategy is to obfuscate the debate by deflecting any critique of Kerry's inconsistencies, any pointing out that Kerry seems to have a complete inability to stick to one story.

Well, deep down, some of us don't give a damn about Kerry's SUVs or medals, but we do, however, care about what they symbolize: John Kerry's lack of a core.

Ok, let's put this into perspective.

Yes, John Kerry went to Vietnam, we get it. He also slandered our troops when he got back, I'm sure everyone else gets that. What a lot of us really DO care about is what he SAYS he did. When Kerry got back, he claimed that he & his fellow soldiers killed women & children, abused Vietnamese civilians & POWs, and that they randomly burned villages to the ground, thus violating numerous sections of the Geneva Conventions. He used this line of incendiary rhetoric to launch him into the U.S. Senate, and maintained for a long time that he did, in fact, commit war crimes. Now, running for president, he makes the adjustment to say that he, being a 27 year old "kid," went too far with his rhetoric, and that he should have used a more subtle, nuanced language. To boil it down, John Kerry still contends that he is proud of his service, which included war crimes. Spin it the way you want, but that is the bottom line.

There is some question as to how severe or minor his injuries were in Vietnam. What we care about is what he SAYS they were. We might find it odd that he, upon receiving minor injuries, demanded three Purple Hearts, thus allowing him to get out of that hellhole. It is the fact that his story, what he SAYS, is so inconsistent with others' stories, including that of the medic who treated his "wounds." See, what disturbs us so is that his stories are so out of whack with common logic, historical accounts of the enemy fire in the area at that time, and the versions by fellow soldiers. What bothers me is that he had the kind of character- or lack thereof- which would allow him to demand medals for questionable injuries, KNOWING that most Purple Heart recipients have suffered life-altering injuries, amputation in some cases, even some medals awarded posthumously.

Franlkly, I don't care if he threw his medals over a fence, protesting the Vietnam war. What I DO care about is how his story changed from throwing medals, to throwing ribbons, then throwing other people's medals, then something in between. Also, he once claimed that medals & ribbons represent the same thing. Then, a few years later, he says that they have very different meanings. Now, he says that they are the same, yet different......AND TO STOP QUESTIONING HIS PATRIOTISM!

We don't care what his opinion is on the Israeli/Palestinian conflict. However, we DO care that when speaking to a Palestinian group, Kerry claims that the Israeli wall is illegal & an impediment to peace. Yet, when speaking to a Jewish group, he supports the wall as a logical security measure.

We don't care that much about what his view on outsourcing is. We DO care that Kerry, while castigating American companies for being Benedict Arnold outsourcers, is, with his wife, associated with Heinz, a company which has outsourced over two-thirds of their factories & jobs to other countries. Then, when caught in this latest batch of hypocrisy, Kerry claims that it was the fault of his speech writers, even though he had given this part of his stump speech over twenty-five times and had never asked them to take it out. Or, if I can be so crazy as to suggest, that HE take it out.

I think it's safe to say we don't really care about what vehicles he owns. That said, we do care that he purported that he owned several SUVs, when speaking in front of Detroit auto-industry union workers, but turned around on Earth Day and said that HE did NOT own them, his family did. Very weak.

We don't really care if foreign leaders support him. Foreign leaders do not vote. We do care that he said that he met with foreign leaders, "LOOKED THEM IN THE EYE," and they told him how they wanted him to beat Bush. Then, how he got the messages about their wishes from second-hand sources. Then, he claims to have met them in a Taco Bell in NYC- ya know, one of the Taco Bells which Bush & bin Laden jointly own? Blah blah blah.

Kerry voting to put our soldiers at risk is one thing, how he went about his votes are another. We very much care that he said he voted FOR the 87 billion before he voted AGAINST it. Now, one COULD credibly contend that the Congressional appropriations process is very complicated and that, depending on which provisions or amendments are either included or removed, it does make a LITTLE sense that he could vote FOR the original bill, yet vote AGAINST the final version. However, like with EVERY Kerry flip-flop, there is a more serious, disturbing element. Two weeks before the vote for the 87 billion, Kerry was on "Face the Nation" where when asked if he would vote against it if it didn't include rollbacks on the Bush tax relief, he said "NO!" He said that voting against it, REGARDLESS of the specific contents, would be "reckless and wrong." Well, he then proceeded to vote against it, claiming that it was a protest vote. So, he is willing to risk the safety of our soldiers as a tool to protest- something he is very good at, it seems- the war, the war which he originally voted to support? The man could not even stay true to one of HIS stated positions for 14 days, and some crazy people want to give him four YEARS?

What we care about is the fact that this man has no core.

Since the WMD issue is more an issue concerning bad intelligence, intelligence provided & supported by nearly every modernized nation on earth and by the prior administration, this is NOT a flip-flop. We KNOW that he, Saddam, had the weapons. We KNOW he used the weapons on the Kurds & Iranian soldiers. We know that he refused UN inspections for most of the post-war era. We KNOW that some of these weapons likely turned up in a recently thwarted attack on Jordan. We KNOW that the Bakkah Valley, in Syria, is a "place of interest." We KNOW that they could still be in Iraq, hidden some place as small as Saddam's former rat hole penthouse.

So, other than a few minor points, the one "flip-flop" that liberals attribute to Bush is the whole "nation building" one. Well, I seem to remember a little incident occurring on 9/11/01.

The reason liberals hate Bush so much is because he is consistent, and his beliefs are founded upon solid principles. Also, the reason they hate him so much is because they, being driven by their "anyone but Bush" hysteria, have ended up with Kerry, a man who has no core and no ability to take a strong position on any issue.....other than hating Bush. In their apoplectic "Anybody But Bush" fever, they dumped Dean and have nominated a man destined to lose......and now they even hate Bush for THAT!

Howard Dean might have been wrong on every subject, but he made being wrong sound so good. He created a true movement among the liberal Democratic base, and stands in stark contrast to poor Kerry. Yeah, he was a little emotionally unstable, but you could tell he believed in his positions, and at least that's something a lot of us can respect even if we don't agree with him. Kerry even stands in a certain contrast to Bill "The Slick One" Clinton. Clinton's lies were inspired by polls and his desire to keep his Arkansas ass out of the fire. With Kerry, it almost seems like he wakes up every morning, has his butler bring him some French tea, goes out to the microphones, and just starts to blurt out whatever pops in his head, REGARDLESS of how the views differ with what he said a day ago, a week ago, a month ago, or a year ago. He might not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but his lying can ONLY be diagnosed as pathological in nature.

Yet, the only thing funnier than his numerous differing stories is his response to being questioned about them. Instead of either explaining why the stories don't add up or trying to stick, in the first place, to one version of something, he starts foaming at the mouth, accusing the questioner of being part of the vast right-wing conspiracy, being a pawn of the Republican attack machine. He is so offended by ANY pointing out of his inconsistencies that he will even accuse ABC's Charlie Gibson of "doing the work of the RNC." If all that fails, he just starts bemoaning how the Republican attack machine is questioning his patriotism.

I notice that Kerry supporters, staffers, the LMM, and liberal activists have been forced to use the same pathetic tactic, but you can see the stress on their faces, hear the hopelessness in their voices. The Dems can't BELIEVE they dumped Dean for this guy, but they have to soldier on the best they can.

So, you see, it isn't that Kerry has committed war crimes, thrown medals and/or ribbons, can't keep straight the names on several SUVs' pink slips, which foreign leaders gave him support or where they did it, or how he voted before, well, how he voted. No, what we point out is that these flip-flops, just as Dean's "I Have A Scream" speech did, underscore preexisting & growing doubts about his intrinsic lack of character.

So, as you can obviously see, SUVs & medals DO matter, for they are the sign posts on the freeway of flip-flops & the road to ruin, ultimately leading to a dead-end. Luckily for America, that is one Left turn which we will NEVER make."

Kathianne
11-13-2007, 05:36 PM
He's still banned? I'll fix that. :)

NNNNNoooooooooooooo

Hagbard Celine
11-13-2007, 05:38 PM
Whoever wrote that is a verbose windbag. Jesus. If I had to sit and read posts like that all day long I'd have to turn this into a full-time job. :poke:

glockmail
11-13-2007, 05:51 PM
Because he makes sausages stand steel stiff and fireworks spout off with those pouty lips of his. Thats what I figgered. The thought of HFN going down on mods deep throat, balls-on-chin to solict favors is rather unsettling.

Sitarro
11-13-2007, 05:59 PM
Whoever wrote that is a verbose windbag. Jesus. If I had to sit and read posts like that all day long I'd have to turn this into a full-time job. :poke:

Sorry Hag,
Spikes had more literary talent in the lint between his toes than all of your gay professors put together. The fact that you would write this tripe without even reading the post says all that needs to be said about your close-mindedness.

darin
11-13-2007, 06:01 PM
NNNNNoooooooooooooo

Yeah - lifted the ban. We'll see how he acts. If ppl LIKE his flames and vulgarity and what-not, they're welcome to more. Course, if he goes out of his way again to simply flame (MOST of that is towards me, actually) he'll get banned again. :)

If we let MFM back - who was FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR worse than PB, why not give PB another chance?

Hagbard Celine
11-13-2007, 06:04 PM
Sorry Hag,
Spikes had more literary talent in the lint between his toes than all of your gay professors put together. The fact that you would write this tripe without even reading the post says all that needs to be said about your close-mindedness.

Never had a gay professor. Hmm. Where did you go to school, the Love Boat? :lol: It's all starting to make sense :laugh: I wish I had the time to sit and read your friend's shortstory, but I have a life. See you guys tomorrow!

Kathianne
11-13-2007, 06:10 PM
I agree with ya Pale, Merlin1047 was a great one but there is another our little group lost that was another favorite.....spikesmygod, may he also rest in peace.

For those that never had the pleasure of reading his posts, here is one of my favorites.......

<<snip>>
Spikes was great, a head above most of us. He should still be churning them out...

glockmail
11-13-2007, 07:05 PM
.....For those that never had the pleasure of reading his posts, here is one of my favorites...........

For appreciation of fine postage, both in this piece and in his borrowed signature, I vote for Sitarro as my favorite poster.

OCA sorry you homo but you're second.

gabosaurus
11-13-2007, 08:01 PM
My favorite has always been Abbey. She is the most intelligent member of this board. It is always fun to see a women put men in their place. :)

glockmail
11-13-2007, 10:05 PM
My favorite has always been Abbey. She is the most intelligent member of this board. It is always fun to see a women put men in their place. :) Yes I like a woman on top as well.

musicman
11-13-2007, 11:32 PM
My favorite has always been Abbey. She is the most intelligent member of this board. It is always fun to see a women put men in their place. :)

Abbey is a ray of sunshine, without a doubt. And, incidentally, we men ENJOY being put in our place by a bright woman. That's why we act the way we do - "squeaky wheel" syndrome, and all that...:wink2:

Abbey Marie
11-13-2007, 11:51 PM
Thank you Gabby and Musicman. The feeling is mutual!