PDA

View Full Version : Berkeley Tree Sitter Falls

stephanie
11-12-2007, 07:18 PM
They do have some strange people in Berkeley..:poke:

BERKELEY, Calif. -- On Sunday evening a Memorial Oak Grove tree-sitter fell from the supply-line that is used to ferry food, water and people into and out of the tree-sit protest.

The traverse-line was created after the university erected a fence around the tree-sitters and spans from a tree inside the fenced in area to a tree outside the fence.

Nathaniel Hill, the fallen tree-sitter, was moving on the traverse line to meet his father, Carl Hill, who had come from the east coast to visit his son.

Hill was taken to Highland Hospital where he was treated for a broken arm above the wrist and a broken leg above the ankle.

"If the University had not put up the fence this wouldn't have happened," said Zachary Running Wolf, the organizer of the tree sit-in. "They created this situation where we have to move in and out of the grove on that traverse line."

read the rest at...
http://www.nbc11.com/news/14574327/detail.html?dl=mainclick

gabosaurus
11-12-2007, 08:38 PM
There are strange people everywhere. Even in Alaska.

manu1959
11-12-2007, 08:50 PM
i will bet you they sue the university......

stephanie
11-12-2007, 09:08 PM
There are strange people everywhere. Even in Alaska.

Nah...we're all NORMAL up here...:laugh2:

REDWHITEBLUE2
11-12-2007, 09:09 PM
There are strange people everywhere. Even in Alaska.:poke: Very true But everyone in San Francisco are weird

Gaffer
11-12-2007, 09:17 PM
If he hadn't been going up into the tree he would not have fallen. The blame is squarely on his dumb head.

manu1959
11-12-2007, 09:20 PM
If he hadn't been going up into the tree he would not have fallen. The blame is squarely on his dumb head.

if the university didn't want to cut down the trees he wouldn't have climb them.....

the university created an attractive nuisance.....

they should have stopped him from endangering himself.....

Mr. P
11-12-2007, 09:21 PM
I guess they don't teach tree claiming in college. If my memory serves me it's like a 1st grade thing. I guess they don't let kids do that in "PUBLIC" school anymore, they may get hurt. :laugh2:

manu1959
11-12-2007, 09:22 PM
I guess they don't teach tree claiming in college. If my memory serves me it's like a 1st grade thing. I guess they don't let kids do that in "PUBLIC" school anymore, they may get hurt. :laugh2:

not one of those tree sitters is a student.....

Immanuel
11-12-2007, 10:00 PM
i will bet you they sue the university......

and win.

11-12-2007, 10:11 PM
if the university didn't want to cut down the trees he wouldn't have climb them.....

the university created an attractive nuisance.....

they should have stopped him from endangering himself.....

its only an attractive nuisance if its a little kid who fell.

diuretic
11-12-2007, 10:14 PM
I think this should be moved to the thread on the forum's rating, it's rapidly turning into a humorous thread on "gravity" :coffee:

Mr. P
11-12-2007, 11:12 PM
I think this should be moved to the thread on the forum's rating, it's rapidly turning into a humorous thread on "gravity" :coffee:

And here in the south it's time for the pecan "NUTS" to start falling from the trees. :laugh2:

Really it is..

diuretic
11-12-2007, 11:16 PM
And here in the south it's time for the pecan "NUTS" to start falling from the trees. :laugh2:

Really it is..

Mmmmmmmmm - pecan pie!!!!

Mr. P
11-12-2007, 11:26 PM
Mmmmmmmmm - pecan pie!!!!

You can get pecan pie there...right? I would think so, but then it may not be fresh home made by a southern momma. :poke: