PDA

View Full Version : Group to protest Ga. rain prayer

red states rule
11-13-2007, 09:52 AM
The secular progressives never miss a chance to attack anyone who openly shows any sign of Christanity

Now, they have their shorts in a knot over politicans asking God for help during a major drought

Group to protest Ga. rain prayer
The Associated Press
Article Launched: 11/09/2007 08:30:31 PM PST

ATLANTA—A secular group said Friday it would protest Gov. Sonny Perdue's planned prayer service intended to ask for relief from the Southeastern drought, saying the rally violates the principle of separation of church and state.
Perdue's office announced Wednesday that it had sent out invitations to leaders from several faiths for the service, set for Tuesday outside the state Capitol.

"The problem is not that they are praying for rain, it's they are doing it in our name," said Ed Buckner of the Atlanta Freethought Society, which seeks to educate the public about the separation of church and state. "We didn't elect that guy as a preacher. He has no right to make a religious statement on behalf of Georgians."

A Baptist, Perdue has several times mentioned the need for prayer—along with water conservation—as the state's drought crisis has worsened. Over the summer, he participated in day of prayer for agriculture at a gathering of the Georgia Farm Bureau in Macon, Ga.

The Southeast has been suffering from an intense drought in recent months that has threatened supplies of drinking water.

http://www.contracostatimes.com/nationandworld/ci_7421162?nclick_check=1

retiredman
11-13-2007, 09:59 AM
why do you care? the only thing you ever pray for is lower prices at walmart!:laugh2:

red states rule
11-13-2007, 10:01 AM
Typical you do not address the issue, but fall back on tired worn out pot shots

Libs walk through life looking for things to bitch about

retiredman
11-13-2007, 10:05 AM
au contraire! It is typical of you to wail and moan about something that has zero meaning to you personally. Your faux outrage is entirely too predictable!:laugh2:

red states rule
11-13-2007, 10:06 AM
au contraire! It is typical of you to wail and moan about something that has zero meaning to you personally. Your faux outrage is entirely too predictable!:laugh2:

What outrage?

The kook left provides much comic relief. You are the one who has a cow when it is pointed out for all to see

Mr. P
11-13-2007, 10:08 AM
The secular progressives never miss a chance to attack anyone who openly shows any sign of Christanity

Now, they have their shorts in a knot over politicans asking God for help during a major drought

Group to protest Ga. rain prayer
The Associated Press
Article Launched: 11/09/2007 08:30:31 PM PST

ATLANTA—A secular group said Friday it would protest Gov. Sonny Perdue's planned prayer service intended to ask for relief from the Southeastern drought, saying the rally violates the principle of separation of church and state.
Perdue's office announced Wednesday that it had sent out invitations to leaders from several faiths for the service, set for Tuesday outside the state Capitol.

"The problem is not that they are praying for rain, it's they are doing it in our name," said Ed Buckner of the Atlanta Freethought Society, which seeks to educate the public about the separation of church and state. "We didn't elect that guy as a preacher. He has no right to make a religious statement on behalf of Georgians."

A Baptist, Perdue has several times mentioned the need for prayer—along with water conservation—as the state's drought crisis has worsened. Over the summer, he participated in day of prayer for agriculture at a gathering of the Georgia Farm Bureau in Macon, Ga.

The Southeast has been suffering from an intense drought in recent months that has threatened supplies of drinking water.

http://www.contracostatimes.com/nationandworld/ci_7421162?nclick_check=1

We have had a rain deficit for several years now in Ga.
The water supply for the Atlanta area is estimated to run dry in 60-120 days depending on who you talk to.

red states rule
11-13-2007, 10:09 AM
We have had a rain deficit for several years now in Ga.
The water supply for the Atlanta area is estimated to run dry in 60-120 days depending on who you talk to.

It is bad

So what possible harm can holding a prayer vigil have?

retiredman
11-13-2007, 10:16 AM
What outrage?

The kook left provides much comic relief. You are the one who has a cow when it is pointed out for all to see

"have a cow"? I don't care. I just find it hilarious that someone whose depth of faith goes as far as the "everyday low prices at Walmart before Xmas sale" is the one making a big deal out of it! :laugh2:

red states rule
11-13-2007, 10:18 AM
"have a cow"? I don't care. I just find it hilarious that someone whose depth of faith goes as far as the "everyday low prices at Walmart before Xmas sale" is the one making a big deal out of it! :laugh2:

Your failure to address the issue at hand is all I need to show how the kook left cannot defend their actions

Mr. P
11-13-2007, 10:23 AM
It is bad

So what possible harm can holding a prayer vigil have?

None...the harm is really coming from the US Gov right now. The Army corp of engineers controls the dam and the release of water. There is a federal law that they must release so many millions of gallons per/day to insure the survival of some damn muscle down river in Fla. Then Alabama also draws off the river so they don't want to see a reduction in release. It's a big mess. A group opposed to prayer is insignificant.

retiredman
11-13-2007, 10:24 AM
I have absolutely no desire to defend the actions of those who would make a big deal out a silly pray for rain prayer vigil..... it certainly is a violation at some level of the doctrine of separation of church and state, but they should learn to pick their battles and this one is not worth the effort.

it is YOUR compulsion to post anything and everything you find on the web that paints anyone opposed to GOP status quo as a kook liberal that cracks me up.... your inability to EVER construct any thought out, reasoned posts about anything is the real source of neverending comedy for ME!

red states rule
11-13-2007, 10:25 AM
None...the harm is really coming from the US Gov right now. The Army corp of engineers controls the dam and the release of water. There is a federal law that they must release so many millions of gallons per/day to insure the survival of some damn muscle down river in Fla. Then Alabama also draws off the river so they don't want to see a reduction in release. It's a big mess. A group opposed to prayer is insignificant.

It is insane

The enviro kooks are more worried about a damn fish then the people who are desperate for water

The Feds should tell them to go jump in a dried up lake

Hagbard Celine
11-13-2007, 10:44 AM
Typical you do not address the issue, but fall back on tired worn out pot shots

Libs walk through life looking for things to bitch about

Uh, what is this thread if not a whiney diatribe about how victimized you are by the "libs?"

red states rule
11-13-2007, 10:46 AM
Uh, what is this thread if not a whiney diatribe about how victimized you are by the "libs?"

Not at all

The thread is pointing out how the "offended" have nothing better to do with all the time on their habds

Hagbard Celine
11-13-2007, 11:01 AM
Not at all

The thread is pointing out how the "offended" have nothing better to do with all the time on their habds

I think you should go outside where no one can hear you, bury your face in your hands and just have a nice big cry about how the "secular progressives" are victimizing you. No one would blame you after all you've been through with those mean ol' "secular progressives." When you're done, I promise you'll feel better and you can go right back to filling the board with trivial information once again.:lol:

red states rule
11-13-2007, 11:02 AM
I think you should go outside where no one can hear you, bury your face in your hands and just have a nice big cry about how the "secular progressives" are victimizing you. No one would blame you after all you've been through with those mean ol' "secular progressives." When you're done, I promise you'll feel better and you can go right back to filling the board with trivial information once again.:lol:

Now if it were Muslims doing the praying, we would not hear a word from the secular progressives

Hagbard Celine
11-13-2007, 11:12 AM
Now if it were Muslims doing the praying, we would not hear a word from the secular progressives

That's BS with a side of double standard. If Governor Perdue were Muslim we most certainly would. You leave out some major details when you're b*tching and moaning about "secular progressives." Personally I wouldn't care if Sonny dressed in a Chief Knockahomer costume and danced a rain dance on the lawn of the capitol. Technically though, the "secular progressives" as you call them have the right to protest anything they want. It's not like they'll influence the decision to go ahead with the prayer. Why are you so intent to whine about it? "Whaaaa! Somebody doesn't think exactly the way I do!! Whaaa!" Get over it! It's called being a member of the human race.

red states rule
11-13-2007, 11:13 AM
If Governor Perdue were Muslim we most certainly would. You leave out some major details when you're b*tching and moaning about "secular progressives." Personally I wouldn't care if Sonny dressed in a Chief Knockahomer costume and danced a rain dance on the lawn of the capitol. Technically though, the "secular progressives" as you call them have the right to protest anything they want. It's not like they'll influence the decision to go ahead with the prayer. Why are you so intent to whine about it? "Whaaaa! Somebody doesn't think exactly the way I do!! Whaaa!" Get over it! It's called being a member of the human race.

I agree

Secular progressives have every right to show what a bunch of idiots and thugs they really are

and they do a great job doing it

Hagbard Celine
11-13-2007, 11:18 AM
I agree

Secular progressives have every right to show what a bunch of idiots and thugs they really are

and they do a great job doing it

Well I'm glad that's settled. Moving on to that "God Hates Fags" protest rally down the street. Now THOSE guys really know how to pick a cause! :rolleyes:

Do I have to type "f*cking idiot" or does everybody pretty much get the point here?

red states rule
11-13-2007, 11:23 AM
Well I'm glad that's settled. Moving on to that "God Hates Fags" protest rally down the street. Now THOSE guys really know how to pick a cause! :rolleyes:

Do I have to type "f*cking idiot" or does everybody pretty much get the point here?

Even Starbucks got into the act of attacking Christians

Anti-God Starbucks cup has customer steaming
Woman says: 'I don't think there needs to be religious dialogue on it. I just want coffee'

Posted: May 6, 2007
2:07 p.m. Eastern

© 2007 WorldNetDaily.com

An Ohio woman is steaming after reading an anti-God message published on the side of a Starbucks coffee cup.

The message that got Michelle Incanno's blood boiling reads:

"Why in moments of crisis do we ask God for strength and help? As cognitive beings, why would we ask something that may well be a figment of our imaginations for guidance? Why not search inside ourselves for the power to overcome? After all, we are strong enough to cause most of the catastrophes we need to endure."

Michelle Incanno of Springboro, Ohio, holds a cup part of Starbucks' 'The Way I See It' campaign (Dayton Daily News)

The quote was written by Bill Schell, a Starbucks customer from London, Ontario, Canada, and was included as part of an effort by the Seattle-based coffee giant to collect different viewpoints and spur discussion.

"As someone who loves God, I was so offended by that," Michelle Incanno, a married mother of three who is Catholic, told the Dayton Daily News. "I don't think there needs to be religious dialogue on it. I just want coffee

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=55564

Hagbard Celine
11-13-2007, 11:27 AM
This has already been discussed in another thread. Starbucks isn't a state-owned company. It can put whatever it wants on its cups and if its shareholders don't like it they can sell their shares. :dunno: Got anything else you want to whine about?

red states rule
11-13-2007, 11:29 AM
This has already been discussed in another thread. Starbucks isn't a state-owned company. It can put whatever it wants on its cups and if its shareholders don't like it they can sell their shares. :dunno: Got anything else you want to whine about?

I wonder how the left would have reacted if they would have insulted Muslims, Jews, or any other Religion

If not for double standards, the left would have no standards at all

Hagbard Celine
11-13-2007, 11:35 AM
I wonder how the left would have reacted if they would have insulted Muslims, Jews, or any other Religion

If not for double standards, the left would have no standards at all

It's my understanding that Jews and Muslims also believe in one God. In fact, the same God that Christians believe in. Why is it then, that the only people whining about the message on their paper coffee cup are these Christians? Maybe the Jews and Muslims who read that message said "Hmm, I disagree with this coffee cup's message." And that was as far as they took it. These people on the other hand, decided to publicly whine about it. They need to get a life just like you. The message on the paper coffee cup is generic. It doesn't specifically refer to Christians. Why then are Christians the only ones whining about it? Do they have a monopoly on God? That's pretty self-centered. And whiney too. :dunno:

red states rule
11-13-2007, 11:38 AM
It's my understanding that Jews and Muslims also believe in one God. In fact, the same God that Christians believe in. Why is it then, that the only people whining about the message on their paper coffee cup are these Christians? Maybe the Jews and Muslims who read that message said "Hmm, I disagree with this coffee cup's message." And that was as far as they took it. These people on the other hand, decided to publicly whine about it. They need to get a life just like you. The message on the paper coffee cup is generic. It doesn't specifically refer to Christians. Why then are Christians the only ones whining about it? Do they have a monopoly on God? That's pretty self-centered. And whiney too. :dunno:

Because it is Christians who are being attacked

Other Religions are off limits to the secular progressives

Hagbard Celine
11-13-2007, 11:41 AM
Because it is Christians who are being attacked

Other Religions are off limits to the secular progressives

BS. "Whaaa! I'm a victim of "secular progressives! Whaaa!" The quote on the cup is generic.
Here it is:
"Why in moments of crisis do we ask God for strength and help? As cognitive beings, why would we ask something that may well be a figment of our imaginations for guidance? Why not search inside ourselves for the power to overcome? After all, we are strong enough to cause most of the catastrophes we need to endure."

It doesn't address Christians. It addresses God. Christians aren't the only ones who believe in God. These people are just whiney b*tches. End of story.

Not to mention the message is full of hope and positivity. It encourages people to look within for strength and lauds the power of the human spirit. There's nothing wrong with that. Grow some thicker skin and stop letting every little thing "offend" you. It's annoying and whiney.

red states rule
11-13-2007, 11:50 AM
BS. "Whaaa! I'm a victim of "secular progressives! Whaaa!" The quote on the cup is generic.
Here it is:

It doesn't address Christians. It addresses God. Christians aren't the only ones who believe in God. These people are just whiney b*tches. End of story.

Not to mention the message is full of hope and positivity. It encourages people to look within for strength and lauds the power of the human spirit. There's nothing wrong with that. Grow some thicker skin and stop letting every little thing "offend" you. It's annoying and whiney.

Then we have the liberal kook who openly taunt Christians

Why cross-dressing 'sisters' got their Communion

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: November 8, 2007
1:00 a.m. Eastern

"Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence have history of charity, activism," so reads the headline of a recent San Francisco Chronicle article, a headline that provides all the proof one needs of the paper's appalling dishonesty.

The Chronicle was defending this stable of faux nuns from the criticism they received after receiving Holy Communion from Roman Catholic Archbishop George H. Niederauer in San Francisco last month.

A quick trip to the group's website – thesisters.org – would have disabused even a cub reporter of the group's good intentions. The cross-dressing "sisters" were proudly conceived in blasphemy and have spent the last 30 years mocking Christianity in general and Catholicism in particular.

Had they directed their "charity and activism" at Islam they would have been killed off a long time ago, literally.

Less clear is why the good archbishop gave them Communion in the first place and has apologized so tepidly since.

In researching my book "What's The Matter With California," I came across the answer. Those who think California's "human potential movement" a string of trivial quackeries like est, Esalen and Scientology underestimate the damage movement leaders consciously did to mainstream churches.

http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=58557

retiredman
11-13-2007, 11:59 AM

did I miss your admission that the coffee cup quote was, indeed, generic to all monotheistic religions?

Hagbard Celine
11-13-2007, 12:02 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: November 8, 2007
1:00 a.m. Eastern

"Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence have history of charity, activism," so reads the headline of a recent San Francisco Chronicle article, a headline that provides all the proof one needs of the paper's appalling dishonesty.

The Chronicle was defending this stable of faux nuns from the criticism they received after receiving Holy Communion from Roman Catholic Archbishop George H. Niederauer in San Francisco last month.

A quick trip to the group's website – thesisters.org – would have disabused even a cub reporter of the group's good intentions. The cross-dressing "sisters" were proudly conceived in blasphemy and have spent the last 30 years mocking Christianity in general and Catholicism in particular.

Had they directed their "charity and activism" at Islam they would have been killed off a long time ago, literally.

Less clear is why the good archbishop gave them Communion in the first place and has apologized so tepidly since.

In researching my book "What's The Matter With California," I came across the answer. Those who think California's "human potential movement" a string of trivial quackeries like est, Esalen and Scientology underestimate the damage movement leaders consciously did to mainstream churches.

http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=58557

So now you're whining about yet another group who's exercising their free-speech rights? What are you going to do, just throw up article after article of people who have nothing better to do than mock religion? Thread topic be damned! If you're really a Christian, you should pray for these people instead of whining about how they've "victimized" you and your "faith." Why don't you have anything better to do? Get a hobby. Jesus.

red states rule
11-13-2007, 12:04 PM
So now you're whining about yet another group who's exercising their free-speech rights? What are you going to do, just throw up article after article of people who have nothing better to do than mock religion? Thread topic be damned! If you're really a Christian, you should pray for these people instead of whining about how they've "victimized" you and your "faith." Why don't you have anything better to do? Get a hobby. Jesus.

It is "free speech" as long as Christians are the ones being bashed

If it is Muslims it is racism and they need to be silenced

Hagbard Celine
11-13-2007, 12:12 PM
It is "free speech" as long as Christians are the ones being bashed

If it is Muslims it is racism and they need to be silenced

http://sweetness-light.com/archive/pig-races-protesting-mosque-construction-continue-in-tx

Texas Man Stages Pig Races to Protest Islamic Neighbor’s Plans to Build Mosque

Friday, January 05, 2007

Pigs race at a farm in Katy, Texas, in protest of plans to build a mosque next door.

KATY, Texas — When an Islamic group moved in next door and told Craig Baker the pigs on his family’s 200-year-old Texas farm had to go, he and his swine decided to fight back.

In protest of being asked to move, Davis began staging elaborate pig races on Friday afternoons — one of the Islamic world’s most holy days.

Craig’s neighbors, the Katy Islamic Association, have plans to build a mosque and community compound on the 11 acres they purchased alongside his farm.

Baker, 46, a stone-shop owner whose family has owned the farm for two centuries, says the association knew about the pigs when they bought the property, and it’s not fair for them to ask him to get rid of the animals.

"I am just defending my rights and my property," Baker said. "They totally disrespected me and my family."

In addition to being near-sighted and ignorant, your point of view also holds no water. NEXT!

red states rule
11-13-2007, 12:16 PM
http://sweetness-light.com/archive/pig-races-protesting-mosque-construction-continue-in-tx

In addition to being near-sighted and ignorant, your point of view also holds no water. NEXT!

And your point is?

Immanuel
11-13-2007, 12:36 PM

Despite the fact that I am a Christian, I would have to agree with you here. Starbucks can put whatever they want on their cups. They have that right. Having read the article posted, I would say, I have no problem with them using that quote. I don't happen to agree with it, but, it is another person's point of view.

Now, if Starbucks tended to espouse such a sentiment and put those kinds of quotes to the exclusion of anything religious on all their advertisements and products, I might (if I were even a customer and I am not as Starbucks Coffee sucks) go elsewhere on my own and let them know it. But, this seems to have been a contest that got the quote printed. I can live with that.

Immie

Hagbard Celine
11-13-2007, 12:42 PM
And your point is?

*Ahem* In addition to being near-sighted and ignorant, your point of view also holds no water. NEXT!

-Pretty self explanatory to those of normal intelligence.

Immanuel
11-13-2007, 12:44 PM

Texas Man Stages Pig Races to Protest Islamic Neighbor’s Plans to Build Mosque

Friday, January 05, 2007

Pigs race at a farm in Katy, Texas, in protest of plans to build a mosque next door.

KATY, Texas — When an Islamic group moved in next door and told Craig Baker the pigs on his family’s 200-year-old Texas farm had to go, he and his swine decided to fight back.

In protest of being asked to move, Davis began staging elaborate pig races on Friday afternoons — one of the Islamic world’s most holy days.

Craig’s neighbors, the Katy Islamic Association, have plans to build a mosque and community compound on the 11 acres they purchased alongside his farm.

Baker, 46, a stone-shop owner whose family has owned the farm for two centuries, says the association knew about the pigs when they bought the property, and it’s not fair for them to ask him to get rid of the animals.

"I am just defending my rights and my property," Baker said. "They totally disrespected me and my family."

Wait a minute, this seems to contradict your point of view. As far as I am concerned this is muslims persecuting Christians not vice versa. Who the hell do these people think they are to tell Mr. Baker he must get rid of his pigs?

That one is just beyond me.

I think I will sponsor a pig for Mr. Baker.

Immie

red states rule
11-13-2007, 12:45 PM
Wait a minute, this seems to contradict your point of view. As far as I am concerned this is muslims persecuting Christians not vice versa. Who the hell do these people think they are to tell Mr. Baker he must get rid of his pigs?

Immie

Of course it does. I ask him what he is trying to say, and he comes back with a personal attack

To him, Muslims are the victims while Christians are targets

Hagbard Celine
11-13-2007, 12:48 PM

Immie
This guy is protesting Muslims yet, wonder of wonders, he isn't being arrested or suicide bombed or anything! Christians aren't the only ones who encounter mockery of their beliefs.

Immanuel
11-13-2007, 12:54 PM
This guy is protesting Muslims yet, wonder of wonders, he isn't being arrested or suicide bombed or anything! Christians aren't the only ones who encounter mockery of their beliefs.

But the point is that this man's family has owned that farm for 200 years and these people move in next door and tell him that he has to get rid of his pigs because they are offended by pigs. They have no such right.

Mr. Baker wasn't mocking their beliefs. He was living his own life when they moved in and tried to force their will upon him.

Immie

red states rule
11-13-2007, 12:55 PM

How is this a mockery when the Muslims are the ones demanding what he does on his own property?

hjmick
11-13-2007, 12:58 PM
Okay, I just read this whole thread and I have to say, in my opinion, the state should not be sponsoring this payer for rain. However, if they insist on doing so, they should bring in a representative from every religious group in the state, Catholics, Baptists, Muslims, Jews, Protestant, Born-Again, Hindi, whatever and whomever, and let them all have a whack at it. Don't single out one religion, bring them all in. This is the standard I apply to prayer in school, have them all or none at all.

Ultimately, I am non plussed by the Governor's decision. Let him do what he feels necessary. Personally, I wouldn't waste my time with a protest, but I say let the protesters protest, they are right and have every right to voice their point of view.

To the Starbucks cups:

I love it. I had not heard of this campaign, probably because I don't drink coffee (and if I did I sure as hell wouldn't waste $5.00 on something I can make at home for much less). If ever there comes a time that something can not be part of the public discourse, I hope I'm dead. The thought that some people might fear a frank and honest discussion about their beliefs make me question just how strongly they hold those beliefs.

Ultimately, Starbucks can put on their cups whatever they choose and customers are free to take their business elsewhere, or make their coffee at home

Here in Southern California (and in parts of Arizona and Nevada) we have a burger place called In-N-Out. It is very popular and almost legendary, it is privately owned and no stores are franchised. On every cup and burger wrapper is printed a verse from the Bible, John 3:16, Revelations 3:20, like that. Now, I am not a religious man, I am offended when someone starts preaching at me or my children, or comes to my door and tries to convert me, but in no way does the practice I have described bother me. If it did, I would stop eating there. Privately owned companies can print whatever they choose on their products, the consumer will determine whether or not there is an issue.

Hell, Domino's and Carl's Jr. are both still flourishing despite the many protestations of the pro-choice groups. (The founders of both of these chains have given portions of their earnings to pro-life groups.)

To the guy with the pigs and Muslim neighbors:

Tough shit for the Muslims. They knew the guy lived there, they knew he had pigs, they bought the land anyway. Tough shit. I hope this guy stands his ground and keeps the pigs. The idea that they decided to buy the land with the idea that they could force him to get rid of the swine smacks of an arrogance that I find unfathomable.

I respect their right to buy the land, I respect their right to bulid their Mosque, but their neighbor has rights as well. Rights he and his family have exercised for two hundred years. Keep the pigs, save the swine.

Hagbard Celine
11-13-2007, 01:08 PM
But the point is that this man's family has owned that farm for 200 years and these people move in next door and tell him that he has to get rid of his pigs because they are offended by pigs. They have no such right.

Mr. Baker wasn't mocking their beliefs. He was living his own life when they moved in and tried to force their will upon him.

Immie

Holding pig races near or on the future site of a Mosque simply because you know that Muslims are offended by pigs is pretty blatant mockery. It's not as if the guy has to get rid of the pigs. If they're on his land, there's nothing the Muslims can do. Mocking them with pig races is way over the top. However, technically he does have a right to mock them under the first amendment just like those mocking Christians do. Maybe he shouldn't out of sheer self respect, but he has the right. That's what this discussion is about. RSR whining about Christians being "victimized" for their beliefs. But this guy is mocking Muslims. Why is that okay to you guys? I know of Christian churches getting gas stations near them to stop selling alcoholic beverages because those offend them. What makes this different?

red states rule
11-13-2007, 01:15 PM
Holding pig races near or on the future site of a Mosque simply because you know that Muslims are offended by pigs is pretty blatant mockery. It's not as if the guy has to get rid of the pigs. If they're on his land, there's nothing the Muslims can do. Mocking them with pig races is way over the top. However, technically he does have a right to mock them under the first amendment just like those mocking Christians do. Maybe he shouldn't out of sheer self respect, but he has the right. That's what this discussion is about. RSR whining about Christians being "victimized" for their beliefs. But this guy is mocking Muslims. Why is that okay to you guys? I know of Christian churches getting gas stations near them to stop selling alcoholic beverages because those offend them. What makes this different?

But transvestites dressing as nuns for Communion is not mockery - it is free speech

Hagbard Celine
11-13-2007, 01:16 PM
But transvestites dressing as nuns for Communion is not mockery - it is free speech

It's both genius. That's exactly what I said about the pig racing too. Back to the original point: If it's constitutionally protected free speech, what's the point in whining about it? Grow a backbone.

red states rule
11-13-2007, 01:18 PM
It's both genius. That's exactly what I said about the pig racing too.

You seemed to be more outraged over the pig races, but laughed off the transvestites

Immanuel
11-13-2007, 01:22 PM

It says nothing about holding the races on the grounds of the mosque. If he were that would be tresspassing and wrong. It insinuates he is holding them on his own property and he has that right. They, however, do not have the right to demand that he stop or get rid of the pigs.

Honestly, as to mocking them, I would be pissed if they tried that shit with me. It is my property and I will do with it what I want and if I got pissed enough, I too would run pig races just to piss them off.

I would have welcomed them to the neighborhood, but when they told me I had to get rid of my livestock, I would draw the line.

Immie

Hagbard Celine
11-13-2007, 01:24 PM
You seemed to be more outraged over the pig races, but laughed off the transvestites

No. I had to elaborate on the pig races because nobody was smart enough to make the connections necessary to understand my point that the transvestites and pig races are the same thing symbolically.

Hagbard Celine
11-13-2007, 01:26 PM
It says nothing about holding the races on the grounds of the mosque. If he were that would be tresspassing and wrong. It insinuates he is holding them on his own property and he has that right. They, however, do not have the right to demand that he stop or get rid of the pigs.

Honestly, as to mocking them, I would be pissed if they tried that shit with me. It is my property and I will do with it what I want and if I got pissed enough, I too would run pig races just to piss them off.

I would have welcomed them to the neighborhood, but when they told me I had to get rid of my livestock, I would draw the line.

Immie
I wrote "near or on." So you'd "draw the line?" Would you mock them by holding pig races? Or are you bigger than that? That's the point. Why waste your time mocking somebody? And why waste your time whining about the mockery? Either way you're whiney or intolerant.

red states rule
11-13-2007, 01:29 PM
I wrote "on or near." You'd draw the line. Would you mock them by holding pig races? Or are you bigger than that? That's the point. Why waste your time mocking somebody? And why waste your time whining about the mockery? Either way you're whiney or intolerant.

You mean like this

http://bigbfiles.wordpress.com/2007/09/26/the-attack-on-christians-and-the-last-supper-in-san-francisco-ca-by-the-far-left-s-ps/

Immanuel
11-13-2007, 01:34 PM
I wrote "near or on." So you'd "draw the line?" Would you mock them by holding pig races? Or are you bigger than that? That's the point. Why waste your time mocking somebody? And why waste your time whining about the mockery? Either way you're whiney or intolerant.

Well, let's put it this way... I can be very "pig"-headed. :D I can take a lot of pushing, but when I am pushed too far, I get mad and I start looking for ways to get even. Would I hold pig races? Probably wouldn't have thought about that one as I don't really go out of my way to be mean, but I sure as hell would not be selling my pigs and I might even move the pig sties as close to the property line as I could.

Immie

Hagbard Celine
11-13-2007, 01:37 PM
You mean like this

http://bigbfiles.wordpress.com/2007/09/26/the-attack-on-christians-and-the-last-supper-in-san-francisco-ca-by-the-far-left-s-ps/

So you're offended when someone satirizes one of the most recognized frescoes in all of the art world? Does this "offend" you little butterfly?
http://www.counterfeitchic.com/Images/Girbaud%20last%20supper.jpg
It's an ad for Dolce & Gabbana before you ask. Thought you'd like to know who to send your whiney complaints to.:rolleyes:

How about this one for paddypower.com, a gambling site?
http://www.adpulp.com/archives/last%20supper%20gambling.jpg

Does "That 70s Show" offend you too poor baby? South Park? That painting has been satirized by every show, comedian and artist everywhere. I know you only care if it's done by gays though. No need to deny it.

Hagbard Celine
11-13-2007, 01:38 PM
Well, let's put it this way... I can be very "pig"-headed. :D I can take a lot of pushing, but when I am pushed too far, I get mad and I start looking for ways to get even. Would I hold pig races? Probably wouldn't have thought about that one as I don't really go out of my way to be mean, but I sure as hell would not be selling my pigs and I might even move the pig sties as close to the property line as I could.

Immie
You'd be perfectly within your rights.

red states rule
11-13-2007, 01:39 PM
Thanks for making my point. As long as it is Christians being attacked it is free speech and atristic freedom

If it is Muslims or any other Religion - it is racism and hate

Hagbard Celine
11-13-2007, 01:39 PM
Thanks for making my point. As long as it is Christians being attacked it is free speech and atristic freedom

If it is Muslims or any other Religion - it is racism and hate

Nope, wrong again! It's still free speech.

red states rule
11-13-2007, 01:41 PM
Nope, wrong again! It's still free speech.

As long as it is Christians being insulted and smeared, you are correct

Immanuel
11-13-2007, 01:41 PM
You'd be perfectly within your rights.

True, but I wouldn't do it unless they were rude and insistant that I sell my pigs. In fact, if they approached me in a friendly manner about the issue, I would have said, "well, I won't sell my livestock for you, but here is what I can do. I can move the pig sties to the other side of my property and you won't even know they are there. Is that an acceptable solution to you?"

As long as they were agreeable we'd have no problems.

Immie

Hagbard Celine
11-13-2007, 01:48 PM
As long as it is Christians being insulted and smeared, you are correct

Once again we've returned to your pov that Christians are the only group in the world that encounters mockery of its beliefs. Believe whatever you want psycho. :tinfoil:

red states rule
11-13-2007, 01:51 PM
Once again we've returned to your pov that Christians are the only group in the world that encounters mockery of its beliefs. Believe whatever you want psycho. :tinfoil:

Well, when was the last time Muslims had a copy of the Koran in a jar of urine?

Or a painting of Mohammod covered in elephant shit?

Immanuel
11-13-2007, 02:05 PM
Well, when was the last time Muslims had a copy of the Koran in a jar of urine?

Or a painting of Mohammod covered in elephant shit?

I doubt ever because those kinds of things will get someone's head sawn off in a grotesque manner, but that doesn't mean that there is no mocking of the muslim faith.

Immie

PostmodernProphet
11-13-2007, 02:08 PM
A secular group said Friday it would protest Gov. Sonny Perdue's planned prayer service intended to ask for relief from the Southeastern drought,

I hope it doesn't rain on their parade......

red states rule
11-13-2007, 02:09 PM
I doubt ever because those kinds of things will get someone's head sawn off in a grotesque manner, but that doesn't mean that there is no mocking of the muslim faith.

Immie

But I did not see Christians killing people or rioting in the streets either

The point is, Christians have been and are being attacked - while the left looks the other way for the most part

PostmodernProphet
11-13-2007, 02:09 PM
Once again we've returned to your pov that Christians are the only group in the world that encounters mockery of its beliefs.

that would be an invalid assumption....I never pass up an opportunity to mock secular humanists......

retiredman
11-13-2007, 02:18 PM

I guess you have missed the news from Northern Ireland over the last century, eh?

Hagbard Celine
11-13-2007, 02:21 PM

The point is, Christians have been and are being attacked - while the left looks the other way for the most part

So now you're whining because left-minded people aren't offended by the same things you are?

red states rule
11-13-2007, 02:23 PM
So now you're whining because left-minded people aren't offended by the same things you are?

Libs do have selective outrage as well as selective memory

Hagbard Celine
11-13-2007, 02:26 PM
Libs do have selective outrage as well as selective memory

And conservatives are modeled right after Christ himself :rolleyes:

PostmodernProphet
11-16-2007, 09:49 AM
you have to admit God has a sense of humor....the prayer service was held on Tuesday, the protest was scheduled for Wednesday.....and Atlanta got an inch of rain Wednesday.....

http://www.gainesvilletimes.com/news/article/1324/

just looked at the 10 day forcast for Georgia.....chance of thunderstorms six of next ten days......

red states rule
11-16-2007, 09:50 AM
you have to admit God has a sense of humor....the prayer service was held on Tuesday, the protest was scheduled for Wednesday.....and Atlanta got an inch of rain Wednesday night.....

http://www.gainesvilletimes.com/news/article/1324/

just looked at the 10 day forcast for Georgia.....chance of thunderstorms six of next ten days......

I know God has a sense of humor

He created liberals didn't he?

PostmodernProphet
11-16-2007, 09:52 AM
I know God has a sense of humor

He created liberals didn't he?

no, they were born conservatives and Satan turned them.....

red states rule
11-16-2007, 09:56 AM
no, they were born conservatives and Satan turned them.....

I tend to believe God had an off day

How many liberals does it take to change a light bulb?

None. Liberals wouldn’t actually change the light bulb, but they would show compassion for it by talking a lot about how terrible it is in the dark and more funding is needed to improve dim, 60 watt bulbs up to bright and productive 100 watt bulbs.

PostmodernProphet
11-16-2007, 10:06 AM
no way.....they would tell the lightbulb it really wasn't burned out and promise that if it would only volt for them they would find a way for it to shine again, then they would take electricity from someone else's circuit saying the richer circuits were greedy and didn't care for the light bulb.....then they would waste the electricity on loose wiring and never do anything for the lightbulb.....

red states rule
11-16-2007, 10:08 AM
no way.....they would tell the lightbulb it really wasn't burned out and promise that if it would only volt for them they would find a way for it to shine again, then they would take electricity from someone else's circuit saying the richer circuits were greedy and didn't care for the light bulb.....then they would waste the electricity on loose wiring and never do anything for the lightbulb.....

Or they would say they don't have to put the bulb in - it is Bush's fault they are in the dark

actsnoblemartin
11-16-2007, 08:42 PM
anti christian army, a.c.a wants christianity banned from outside the church, but want to force all who goes to college to learn the koran