PDA

View Full Version : A marriage is NOT only between a man and a woman

Little-Acorn
11-13-2007, 10:58 AM
We must be open-minded. Though traditional marriage has always been between man and woman, there's no reason why we MUST stick to that rule, is there? What harm, exactly, is done by not-so-traditional marriages? It's just what people find appealing to their own personal sensibilities, correct? And who are they to impose their private opinions on the rest of us?

---------------------------------------

Man in India Marries Dog to Atone for Stoning Canines to Death
Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Nov. 11 (AP): P. Selvakumar, left, places a garland on a sari-draped former stray female dog named Selvi.

NEW DELHI — A man in southern India married a female dog in a traditional Hindu ceremony as an attempt to atone for stoning two other dogs to death — an act he believes cursed him — a newspaper reported Tuesday.

P. Selvakumar married the sari-draped former stray named Selvi, chosen by family members and then bathed and clothed for the ceremony Sunday at a Hindu temple in the southern state of Tamil Nadu, the Hindustan Times newspaper said.

Selvakumar, 33, told the paper he had been suffering since he stoned two dogs to death and hung their bodies from a tree 15 years ago.

"After that my legs and hands got paralyzed and I lost hearing in one ear," he said in the report.

The paper said an astrologer had told Selvakumar the wedding was the only way he could cure the maladies. It did not say whether his situation had improved.

red states rule
11-13-2007, 11:01 AM
I have read where a women married a dolphin, and another women married a cobra

darin
11-13-2007, 11:01 AM
Think the marriage has been consumated?

Hagbard Celine
11-13-2007, 11:04 AM
Think the marriage has been consumated?

I don't think it's that kind of marriage dmp. I think it's a symbol to Vishnu or whatever that this guy is trying to atone. I'm pretty sure this doesn't equate to our idea of marriage.

Little-Acorn
11-13-2007, 11:11 AM
I don't think it's that kind of marriage dmp. I think it's a symbol to Vishnu or whatever that this guy is trying to atone. I'm pretty sure this doesn't equate to our idea of marriage.

Who are you to impose your own private notion of what a marriage "should" be, on others? What harm is done by this man marrying a dog?

It's intolerant bigots like you who make this world the mess it is today.

Hagbard Celine
11-13-2007, 11:14 AM
Who are you to impose your own private notion of what a marriage "should" be, on others? What harm is done by this man marrying a dog?

In other words, you're mentally retarded? It all makes sense now!

Little-Acorn
11-13-2007, 11:18 AM
What harm is done by this man marrying a dog?

In other words, you're mentally retarded? It all makes sense now!

Stop dodging the question. What harm is done by this man marrying a dog?

And who are you to impose your narrow view upon others who aren't hurting you?

Hagbard Celine
11-13-2007, 11:21 AM

I haven't said that he shouldn't marry the dog. Your rabid, faux defensiveness is unwarranted and is ridiculously over the top. But if you really hold my opinion in such high esteem, then I'll say this: imo it does zero harm for this guy to marry his dog--not counting his reputation of course ;)
I can't wait to find out what all this baiting is leading to! Some pseudointellectual opinion piece about how the evils of gay marriage will crumble society to its foundations no less! The anticipation is killing me! :rolleyes:
I'm done talking about gay marriage. The state should allow gay/lesbian couples to get marriage licenses. It does no harm. End of story. Now if you want to further talk about this guy marrying his dog I'm game.

manu1959
11-13-2007, 11:39 AM

could pose the same question to you.....

did the dog consent to this marriage?.....maybe the dog just wanted to live together.....

Mr. P
11-13-2007, 12:00 PM
I'll bet she's a real BITCH! :laugh2: