PDA

View Full Version : Australia Leadership, Far Outclassing Americas...

Pale Rider
11-13-2007, 05:10 PM
I received this in an email from my buddy Jim Brossard who cut down the mexican flag flying over the American flag recently here in Reno. I have not snopes.com'd it. I don't want to. I don't care if the Australian Prime Minister said it or not. You can snopes.com it if you want. I simply think it's something that "SHOULD" be said, so I'm posting it. It's *THE BEST I'VE EVER READ*...

America Needs A Leader Like This!

Prime Minister John Howard - Australia

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.
A day after a group of mainstream Muslim leaders pledged loyalty to Australia and her Queen at a special meeting with Prime Minister John Howard, he and his Ministers made it clear that extremists would face a crackdown. Treasurer Peter Costello, seen as heir apparent to Howard, hinted that some radical clerics could be asked to leave the country if they did not accept that Australia was a secular state, and its laws were made by parliament. "If those are not your values, if you want a country which has Sharia law or a theocratic state, then Australia is not for you", he said on National Television
"I'd be saying to clerics who are teaching that there are two laws governing people in Australia : one the Australian law and another Islamic law that is false. If you can't agree with parliamentary law, independent courts, democracy, and would prefer Sharia law and have the opportunity to go to another country, which practices it, perhaps, then, that's a better option", Costello said.
Asked whether he meant radical clerics would be forced to leave, he said those with dual citizenship could possibly be asked to move to the other country. Education Minister Brendan Nelson later told reporters that Muslims who did not want to accept local values should "clear off. Basically people who don't want to be Australians, and who don't want, to live by Australian values and understand them, well then, they can basically clear off", he said.
Separately, Howard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote: "IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT." Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians."
"However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the 'politically correct' crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others. I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to Australia ." "However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand." "This idea of Australia being a multi-cultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. And as Australians, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle."
"This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom"
"We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society . Learn the language!"
"Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture."
"We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us."
"If the Southern Cross offends you, or you don't like "A Fair Go", then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet. We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from. By all means, keep your culture, but do not force it on others.
"This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'."
"If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted."

Maybe if we circulate this amongst ourselves, American citizens will find the backbone to start speaking and voicing the same truths.

darin
11-13-2007, 05:15 PM
Muslims Out of Australia!

Claim: E-mail quotes statements from Australian government officials about Sharia law and Muslim extremists.

Sitarro
11-13-2007, 05:19 PM
I'm impressed...... anyway to draft John Howard to run for the Republican nominee here? I would be willing to make an exception to the "has to be born in America" rule...... he sounds more American than anyone running.

Hagbard Celine
11-13-2007, 05:24 PM
I agree with him. Wish someone would say those things here. It's kinda hard to back it up the God thing here though when the Constitution says otherwise. :dunno:

Kathianne
11-13-2007, 05:43 PM
I agree with the post, though a smaller font would have been nice. Some of it gets lost with so BIG.

Pale Rider
11-13-2007, 05:46 PM
I agree with the post, though a smaller font would have been nice. Some of it gets lost with so BIG.

So noted, and dealt with.

diuretic
11-13-2007, 08:05 PM
Hmmmm - I think it's a hoax. I do know we value our secular state and there's no way Sharia or any other religious law is going to get a look in but the rest of the rhetoric doesn't sound like our PM.

Pale Rider
11-13-2007, 08:22 PM
Hmmmm - I think it's a hoax. I do know we value our secular state and there's no way Sharia or any other religious law is going to get a look in but the rest of the rhetoric doesn't sound like our PM.

Well, I just snopes.com'd it, and it's TRUE!!! By God America better take a lesson from Australia. Out-fucking-standing!

I'd rep you diuretic just for being an Australian, but I know better. You're too liberal to agree with anything your Prime Minister does.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/australia.asp

darin
11-13-2007, 09:09 PM
Well, I just snopes.com'd it, and it's TRUE!!! By God America better take a lesson from Australia. Out-fucking-standing!

I'd rep you diuretic just for being an Australian, but I know better. You're too liberal to agree with anything your Prime Minister does.

Funny he'd have to be told twice :)

Muslims Out of Australia!

Claim: E-mail quotes statements from Australian government officials about Sharia law and Muslim extremists.

Missileman
11-13-2007, 10:17 PM

Could be because Howard didn't say hardly any of it. Most of that quoted came from Costello and Nelson.

Pale Rider
11-13-2007, 10:17 PM
Funny he'd have to be told twice :)

I'm sure with all his liberal leanings, hearing the kind of talk the article states above coming from "HIS" Prime Minister, he must find if very disturbing. It appears he's probably the minority in his own country.

diuretic
11-14-2007, 12:14 AM

You're quite right Pale, I do disagree with much of what he does and I won't bore you with why.

The language still doesn't sound like Howard.

diuretic
11-14-2007, 12:16 AM
Could be because Howard didn't say hardly any of it. Most of that quoted came from Costello and Nelson.

True, even then I'm doubtful. Costello is a prick but in many ways he's socially liberal. He's a strong Baptist, his brother Tim is the head of World Vision Australia. Nelson is a medical doctor, a bit of a dill in some ways but not xenophobic.

I think this is a mash-up. An' ah'ma-gonna prove it! :laugh2:

diuretic
11-14-2007, 12:18 AM
I'm sure with all his liberal leanings, hearing the kind of talk the article states above coming from "HIS" Prime Minister, he must find if very disturbing. It appears he's probably the minority in his own country.

Oi! I DO have a name, even if it is ridiculous! :laugh2:

One thing you should know about Australia. We're xenophobic. We don't like immigrants - legal or other. It takes us a long time to accept them. Now that's one thing Americans have always done well which we've done very grudgingly, accept (legal) immigrants. I'm serious. We like foreign visitors, but if you want to live here, well, we get grumpy. Not a nice look but bro' it's da troof!

I still think Howard didn't say all this...............it's too BALLSY for him! :laugh2:

Pale Rider
11-14-2007, 12:35 AM
Oi! I DO have a name, even if it is ridiculous! :laugh2:

One thing you should know about Australia. We're xenophobic. We don't like immigrants - legal or other. It takes us a long time to accept them. Now that's one thing Americans have always done well which we've done very grudgingly, accept (legal) immigrants. I'm serious. We like foreign visitors, but if you want to live here, well, we get grumpy. Not a nice look but bro' it's da troof!

I still think Howard didn't say all this...............it's too BALLSY for him! :laugh2:

The link to the proof is right there for you... I don't know why you don't believe it.

I'm going send a copy of the article and the link to the snopes.com page to President Bush, and ask him why the hell he can't have a pair like your Prime Minister does. And I can't blame you Aussies for not wanting any more immigrants in your country. There's plenty of danger involved with it these days, especially when they're muslims. I'll have to admit, I'm more at ease with our country full of illegal Mexicans than I would be if it were muslims. Mexico is our neighbor... the middle east isn't. Most Mexicans don't want to kill us. (It seems) most muslims do. I think it's very sensible for your Prime Minister to be saying and doing what he is. My hats off to the man. I'd like to shake his hand. Fuck the muslims and radical islam. It's the bloodiest, most radical and dangerous religion on earth, right from it's conception.

diuretic
11-14-2007, 02:48 AM
This is why I say it's a mash-up Pale:

The individual statements attributed to Australian government officials included in the e-mail reproduced at the head of this page are thus essentially accurate, but the selectively-quoted excerpts of controversial material from different news stories create the misleading overall impression that Australia enacted a formal policy to force some Muslim groups out of the country. The statements quoted were part of the public debate over an issue that flared briefly in the immediate aftermath of the London Tube bombings, then quietly subsided.

The quotes have been cobbled together, they do give a misleading impression.

Pale Rider
11-14-2007, 03:13 AM
This is why I say it's a mash-up Pale:

The quotes have been cobbled together, they do give a misleading impression.

Cobbled together or not, that doesn't change the intent of what was said, even at different times and places.

Hell man, why tear it apart? I think it's beautiful.

diuretic
11-14-2007, 04:23 AM
Cobbled together or not, that doesn't change the intent of what was said, even at different times and places.

Hell man, why tear it apart? I think it's beautiful.

Now I feel like a vandal :laugh2:

Pale Rider
11-14-2007, 12:24 PM
Now I feel like a vandal :laugh2:

And whether you realise it or not, or would ever admit it, your Prime Minister has the good of your country in mind, and he's got a big enough pair to confront it head on, like a man. Like I wish to HELL someone in THIS country would do.

bullypulpit
11-14-2007, 01:55 PM
I received this in an email from my buddy Jim Brossard who cut down the mexican flag flying over the American flag recently here in Reno. I have not snopes.com'd it. I don't want to. I don't care if the Australian Prime Minister said it or not. You can snopes.com it if you want. I simply think it's something that "SHOULD" be said, so I'm posting it. It's *THE BEST I'VE EVER READ*...

America Needs A Leader Like This!

Prime Minister John Howard - Australia

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.
A day after a group of mainstream Muslim leaders pledged loyalty to Australia and her Queen at a special meeting with Prime Minister John Howard, he and his Ministers made it clear that extremists would face a crackdown. Treasurer Peter Costello, seen as heir apparent to Howard, hinted that some radical clerics could be asked to leave the country if they did not accept that Australia was a secular state, and its laws were made by parliament. "If those are not your values, if you want a country which has Sharia law or a theocratic state, then Australia is not for you", he said on National Television
"I'd be saying to clerics who are teaching that there are two laws governing people in Australia : one the Australian law and another Islamic law that is false. If you can't agree with parliamentary law, independent courts, democracy, and would prefer Sharia law and have the opportunity to go to another country, which practices it, perhaps, then, that's a better option", Costello said.
Asked whether he meant radical clerics would be forced to leave, he said those with dual citizenship could possibly be asked to move to the other country. Education Minister Brendan Nelson later told reporters that Muslims who did not want to accept local values should "clear off. Basically people who don't want to be Australians, and who don't want, to live by Australian values and understand them, well then, they can basically clear off", he said.
Separately, Howard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote: "IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT." Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians."
"However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the 'politically correct' crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others. I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to Australia ." "However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand." "This idea of Australia being a multi-cultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. And as Australians, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle."
"This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom"
"We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society . Learn the language!"
"Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture."
"We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us."
"If the Southern Cross offends you, or you don't like "A Fair Go", then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet. We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from. By all means, keep your culture, but do not force it on others.
"This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'."
"If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted."

Maybe if we circulate this amongst ourselves, American citizens will find the backbone to start speaking and voicing the same truths.

So how's Muslims wanting to live according to Sharia law in Australia any different from those in this country wanting to live under biblical law? The Constitution, not the Bible, is the law of the land. If you place loyalty to your favorite deity and its "laws" above loyalty to your country and its laws, you essentially betray your country and make a mockery of its laws.

Pale Rider
11-14-2007, 01:58 PM
So how's Muslims wanting to live according to Sharia law in Australia any different from those in this country wanting to live under biblical law? The Constitution, not the Bible, is the law of the land. If you place loyalty to your favorite deity and its "laws" above loyalty to your country and its laws, you essentially betray your country and make a mockery of its laws.

Americas laws are based on Christianity, not islam. Nor is Australia's laws based on islam. Practicing Christianity in America is as American as apple pie. islam is not. Nor is it in Australia. They're sick of it and doing something about it. I think that's great.

bullypulpit
11-14-2007, 02:03 PM
Americas laws are based on Christianity, not islam. Nor is Australia's laws based on islam. Practicing Christianity in America is as American as apple pie. islam is not. Nor is it in Australia. They're sick of it and doing something about it. I think that's great.

No, they're not.

Monkeybone
11-14-2007, 02:16 PM
maybe because ppl that follow christian laws don't wanna stone ppl? jus tossing a rock into the dark here.

and the muslims wanna live by nothing but their laws. they hold them over the laws of the land.

Hagbard Celine
11-14-2007, 02:41 PM

Actually, US laws are based on English Common Law. So, you're wrong. Again.

gabosaurus
11-14-2007, 02:56 PM
Pale, have you ever been to Australia? How much do you know about John Howard?

bullypulpit
11-14-2007, 05:18 PM
maybe because ppl that follow christian laws don't wanna stone ppl? jus tossing a rock into the dark here.

and the muslims wanna live by nothing but their laws. they hold them over the laws of the land.

Then they must make a fundamental choice...Live by the laws of the land or move on. Living in an open society requires compromises, which religious fundamentalists of ANY stripe or flavor are usually unwilling to make. Those compromises include acceptance of the faiths of others, acceptance of the laws of the land over religious law, and simple tolerance of the differences of others. We only need to look around the world to see that the most religiously diverse countries are also the most stable and tolerant. And that is because the adherents of the many faiths in those countries have accepted that the above compromises have no impact on their faith.

America is a prime example. We have a multitude of religions living amicably, side by side. There are, of course, certain notable exceptions to this...Most notably in the form of America's religious right wing-nuts who happen to identify themselves as "Christian", although they are anything but.

Pale Rider
11-14-2007, 10:40 PM
No, they're not.

Well, yeah, they are, but I'm not going to waste my time trying to convince you of it. I'm comfortable knowing the truth without you being able to see it.

Pale Rider
11-14-2007, 10:42 PM

Exactly... muslims do mercy killings of sisters, mothers, wives and they kill homosexuals. You'd think those "LITTLE" differences would stand out to people liberals that all defending things like homosexuality and equality.

Pale Rider
11-14-2007, 10:45 PM
Actually, US laws are based on English Common Law. So, you're wrong. Again.

No, I'm not wrong, "again," of anything, professor.

We wrote our own laws, brand new, never been used before by any other country, and our founding fathers were largely Judaeo Christian.

You, on the other hand, are wrong.

diuretic
11-15-2007, 12:44 AM
Sharia Law won't get a toehold, let alone a foothold in Australia. Our laws are secular and they'll stay that way. I have no problem with people adhering to their religious laws as long as adherence doesn't conflict with our secular laws. Our secular laws triumph any specific religious laws, Sharia or otherwise.

On the common law in the US. I don't know much about the law in the US and I find it complex because of the different states' laws and federal laws, but I do find it really interesting. The High Court of Australia and the Court of Criminal Appeal in my state (the highest criminal court at state level) have used judgements from the US Supreme Court to illuminate cases before them, although that's a recent phenomenon (one case had to do with using dogs for searches and the "reasonableness" of the search, it was a really good judgement). I think there's a fair distance now between many states' laws and English common law but I do believe that Blackstone had a great influence on the lawmakers of the new nation and Blackstone was a great authority on English common law.

But I think Lousiana is influenced by French law (?) so you can say La. is one state that wasn't a common law state.

And Texas has "Walker, Texas Ranger" so I can say that the law of Texas was written by Chuck Norris. So there. :laugh2:

bullypulpit
11-15-2007, 08:58 AM
Well, yeah, they are, but I'm not going to waste my time trying to convince you of it. I'm comfortable knowing the truth without you being able to see it.

Nice playground argument. Please provide documentationn to support your assertion, especially where the Constitution states that the law of the land is based upon Christian doctrine.