PDA

View Full Version : Markos Moulitsas Joins Newsweek (he owns the daily Kos website)

stephanie
11-14-2007, 04:09 AM
:cow::lmao:

Huffington Post reports:

Score one for the Netroots! Newsweek has just announced that Markos Moulitsas, namesake and founder of the Daily Kos website, will be a contributor for the 2008.

Here's the statement from Newsweek editor Jon Meachem, which seems to anticipate some sort of reaction from a disgruntled element:

"We have always sought to represent a diversity of views in Newsweek, and we think Markos will be a great part of that tradition. He will give our readers in print and online a unique perspective. As always, our job is to create the most energetic and illuminating magazine possible, and Markos will help us do that as the campaign unfolds."

Illuminating, indeed.
http://media.nationalreview.com/post/?q=YWM1NzFjMmI2YzUyYjY2ZjU4ZmIzNTgxN2RmZDY2MTY=

Kathianne
11-14-2007, 06:20 AM
As you said, Kos removed it. I did find this archived excerpt from 4/2/04, from Best of the Web, what it doesn't say is that Kos featured the photo of the bodies hanging from the bridge, with the title, "Screw Them":

http://www.opinionjournal.com/best/?id=110004904

BY JAMES TARANTO
Friday, April 2, 2004 5:08 p.m. EST

'Screw Them'
Markos Moulitsas Zuniga, who runs the Angry Left Daily Kos blog, had this to say in a post yesterday about the murders of four American contractors who were helping to deliver food in Fallujah, Iraq:

Every death should be on the front page

Let the people see what war is like. This isn't an Xbox game. There are real repercussions to Bush's folly.

That said, I feel nothing over the death of merceneries [sic]. They aren't in Iraq because of orders, or because they are there trying to help the people make Iraq a better place. They are there to wage war for profit. Screw them.

Zuniga has taken down the original post, but in a new post he acknowledges it and offers a partial retraction, which essentially amounts to saying he didn't actually "feel nothing"; in fact, he was angry at the victims. Blogger Michael Friedman has a screen shot of the original post.

It's worth noting that the Daily Kos is popular among Democratic leaders. Zuniga is a principal in the Armstrong Zuniga political consulting firm, which touts the Daily Kos as "the most popular political weblog with over 3 million monthly visits." Friedman has a list of congressional candidates who advertise on the site, and in a February posting Zuniga reported that Terry McAuliffe, chairman of the Democratic National Committee, "asked if I would post" a "Message to Blog Community."

About Zuniga's comments, we have nothing to say. They speak for themselves.

stephanie
11-14-2007, 06:27 AM
As you said, Kos removed it. I did find this archived excerpt from 4/2/04, from Best of the Web, what it doesn't say is that Kos featured the photo of the bodies hanging from the bridge, with the title, "Screw Them":

http://www.opinionjournal.com/best/?id=110004904

Thank you Kat....
I don't really give a shit that Newsweek hiried the Markos, what I wanted people to understand is that Newsweek it full of it.....:cheers2:

red states rule
11-14-2007, 07:02 AM
:cow::lmao:

Huffington Post reports:

Score one for the Netroots! Newsweek has just announced that Markos Moulitsas, namesake and founder of the Daily Kos website, will be a contributor for the 2008.

Here's the statement from Newsweek editor Jon Meachem, which seems to anticipate some sort of reaction from a disgruntled element:

"We have always sought to represent a diversity of views in Newsweek, and we think Markos will be a great part of that tradition. He will give our readers in print and online a unique perspective. As always, our job is to create the most energetic and illuminating magazine possible, and Markos will help us do that as the campaign unfolds."

Illuminating, indeed.
http://media.nationalreview.com/post/?q=YWM1NzFjMmI2YzUyYjY2ZjU4ZmIzNTgxN2RmZDY2MTY=

Yes, Newsweek does have a diversity of views. Liberal, kook liberal, and moonbat liberal

stephanie
11-14-2007, 07:30 AM
Yes, Newsweek does have a diversity of views. Liberal, kook liberal, and moonbat liberal

So true...But yet the Democrats....who won't shed their party....don't see what is or just don't care what is overtaking them...

I don't know....talk about SHEEP...leading the blind...:poke:

red states rule
11-14-2007, 07:34 AM
So true...But yet the Democrats....who won't shed their party....don't see what is or just don't care what is overtaking them...

I don't know....talk about SHEEP...leading the blind...:poke:

Maybe Moulitsas will hand his copy to his Editior Michael Moore

stephanie
11-14-2007, 08:09 AM
Maybe Moulitsas will hand his copy to his Editor Michael Moore

I don't know..?? I'm very ashamed with some of our Republicans...
But I don't see the Democrats EVER wanting to take out some of their worst ones.........It's scary...

they are friggin sheep as far as I can see...

red states rule
11-14-2007, 08:12 AM
I don't know..?? I'm very ashamed with some of our Republicans...
But I don't see the Democrats EVER wanting to take out some of their worst ones.........It's scary...

they are friggin sheep as far as I can see...

Stephanie, we both know the answer to that question

To Dems, the ONLY thing that matters to them, their #1 goal in life, and what they live for - is power

Nothing else matters to them. They will overlook their own when caught doing wrong, they will circil the wagons, and then attack the ones who uncovered the problem

stephanie
11-14-2007, 08:18 AM
Stephanie, we both know the answer to that question

To Dems, the ONLY thing that matters to them, their #1 goal in life, and what they live for - is power

Nothing else matters to them. They will overlook their own when caught doing wrong, they will circle the wagons, and then attack the ones who uncovered the problem

I know...how friggen sad is that??
Then they wonder why WE FIGHT for our life as we knew how it was...

What I find Funny is We conservative is call the Fascist party, but yet look which party is trying to shut down the freedom of speech...???

It's a scary time.....I just hope we can defeat them...I will till my dying breath....:salute:

red states rule
11-14-2007, 08:21 AM
I know...how friggen sad is that??
Then they wonder why WE FIGHT for our life as we knew how it was...

What I find Funny is We conservative is call the Fascist party, but yet look which party is trying to shut down the freedom of speech...???

It's a scary time.....I just hope we can defeat them...I will till my dying breath....:salute:

Look how the Dems are still busting their ass to surrender in Iraq. Despite all the good news, the many wins our troops have over the terrorists, and how the different factions in Iraq are now working together - the Dems still are hell bent on undermining the troops

I have never seen a political party put power and winning ahead of their country and their military

stephanie
11-14-2007, 08:41 AM
Look how the Dems are still busting their ass to surrender in Iraq. Despite all the good news, the many wins our troops have over the terrorists, and how the different factions in Iraq are now working together - the Dems still are hell bent on undermining the troops

I have never seen a political party put power and winning ahead of their country and their military

I have unfortunately......It's been the Democrat party since Vietnam...
It hasn't changed, and the one thing that hurts is they are playing politics with our troops...

the one good thing out of all this is that the American People are seeing them for WHAT THEY ARE....THEY ARE NOT TO BE TRUSED WITH OUR NATIONIONL SECURTY....:salute:

red states rule
11-14-2007, 08:44 AM
I have unfortunately......It's been the Democrat party since Vietnam...
It hasn't changed, and the one thing that hurts is they are playing politics with our troops...

the one good thing out of all this is that the American People are seeing them for WHAT THEY ARE....THEY ARE NOT TO BE TRUSED WITH OUR NATIONIONL SECURTY....:salute:

Stephanie, I learned along time ago that yesterdays flower children are todays blooming idiots

The sad part is our troops are nothing but pawns to the Dems. They are considered expendable in their war with reality, and Pres Bush

stephanie
11-14-2007, 09:24 AM
Stephanie, I learned along time ago that yesterdays flower children are today's blooming idiots

The sad part is our troops are nothing but pawns to the Dems. They are considered expendable in their war with reality, and Pres Bush

The only thing that I will disagree with you on here...is that I was one of those flower children of the 70's ...can't say I was into politics back then, maybe I wish I wasn't now....I don't know....:dance:

But I've been involved with working for our military since 1979, and that is what changed me from a liberal into a conservative.....

If you can't stand up on your two feet and make ii in this life.....then what are you??

red states rule
11-14-2007, 09:32 AM
The only thing that I will disagree with you on here...is that I was one of those flower children of the 70's ...can't say I was into politics back then, maybe I wish I wasn't now....I don't know....:dance:

But I've been involved with working for our military since 1979, and that is what changed me from a liberal into a conservative.....

If you can't stand up on your two feet and make ii in this life.....then what are you??

Stephanie, you then are living proof on the difference between Republicans and Democrats

Republicans grow out of their adolescence

truthmatters
11-14-2007, 09:36 AM
For whos policy have our troops been dying and being maimed for in the last 4 years?

You lie about my partys reasons for trying to end this war yet you swallowed all the lies your party told to put our troops in harms way. You are blind when it suits you.

darin
11-14-2007, 09:39 AM
if your party has been trying to end the war, aren't you upset at their complete failure to do so? Does their inadequacy bother you? You stand by folk who for all practical purposes, LIED to you, blatantly?

red states rule
11-14-2007, 09:39 AM
For whos policy have our troops been dying and being maimed for in the last 4 years?

You lie about my partys reasons for trying to end this war yet you swallowed all the lies your party told to put our troops in harms way. You are blind when it suits you.

Your party is desperate right now TM. For years they have screamed the war in lost, Iraq is fucked up, and the troops are dying for nothing

Now the troops are winning, progress is bing made, and Dems are shitting their pants

truthmatters
11-14-2007, 09:42 AM
if your party has been trying to end the war, aren't you upset at their complete failure to do so? Does their inadequacy bother you? You stand by folk who for all practical purposes, LIED to you, blatantly?

Yes I am disapointed by their failure to end the carnage in Iraq. My votes will reflect this in the coming election.

red states rule
11-14-2007, 09:43 AM
Yes I am disapointed by their failure to end the carnage in Iraq. My votes will reflect this in the coming election.

Yea, the last thing libs want is for the US to win in Iraq

It would hurt them in the 08 election after telling the voters for 4 years the war was lost

truthmatters
11-14-2007, 09:45 AM
Yea, the last thing libs want is for the US to win in Iraq

It would hurt them in the 08 election after telling the voters for 4 years the war was lost

Tell me what a "win" in Iraq would look like?

How do you "win" and occupation?

red states rule
11-14-2007, 09:53 AM

How do you "win" and occupation?

Read my threads in the War on Terrorism forum

We are defeating the terrorists, the people of Iraq are stepping up and fighting the terrorists, and libs like you are sooooo depressed over the good news

Immanuel
11-14-2007, 09:57 AM

Want to know how a win in Iraq will look?

Remember this?

http://www.smh.com.au/news/After-Saddam/Bush-mission-accomplished/2004/05/02/1083436466889.html

US President George W Bush announces the end of major combat operations in Iraq from the USS Abraham Lincoln - at sea off the coast of San Diego, California.

That is just exactly how a win will look. Some day our President whether it is Bush or a successor will pose before the cameras and state "Mission Accomplished" and the war will be over. We will declare a win and that will be that.

Immie

truthmatters
11-14-2007, 10:00 AM
My point exactly Immie , this is no longer a war its an occupation. The only way you "win " an occupation is to unoccupy the area.

red states rule
11-14-2007, 10:03 AM
Want to know how a win in Iraq will look?

Remember this?

http://www.smh.com.au/news/After-Saddam/Bush-mission-accomplished/2004/05/02/1083436466889.html

US President George W Bush announces the end of major combat operations in Iraq from the USS Abraham Lincoln - at sea off the coast of San Diego, California.

That is just exactly how a win will look. Some day our President whether it is Bush or a successor will pose before the cameras and state "Mission Accomplished" and the war will be over. We will declare a win and that will be that.

Immie

The doom and gloomers need to get caught up on current events

Are we winning the war?
By David R. Sands and Sharon Behn
November 14, 2007

No one is declaring victory, but cautious optimists on the U.S.-led war in Iraq suddenly find themselves armed with a growing number of indicators that the fighting has taken a new, more hopeful turn.

U.S. military fatalities are down sharply, from 101 in June to 39 in October. Iraqi civilian deaths also were down sharply, from 1,791 in August to 750 in October, according to the Associated Press. Mortar rocket attacks by insurgents in October were the lowest since February 2006, as were the number of "indirect fire" attacks on coalition forces.

Iraqi officials say they plan to reduce checkpoints, ease curfews and reopen some roads in and around Baghdad because of the improving security situation. Sunni Arab tribal leaders in western Anbar province, now allied with the U.S. military, say al Qaeda is "almost defeated" in their once-chaotic region.

Having been burned repeatedly by past expressions of optimism in the 4½-year-old war, senior Bush administration officials and top military leaders are wary of any temptation to celebrate prematurely.

"We're not shouting victory by any stretch," Col. Steven Boylan, spokesman for the U.S. commander in Iraq, Gen. David Petraeus, said in a telephone interview from Baghdad. "We are still focused on extremists and criminal-type elements within the region. The violence is still too high."

The government of Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki said this week that sectarian violence between Shi'ite and Sunni fighters in Baghdad had dropped 77 percent from last year's high.

Mr. al-Maliki called it a sign that sectarian fighting in the capital "is closed now." Some skeptics countered that the drop reflects the fact that ethnic cleansing has now been completed in many once-mixed urban neighborhoods.

An alliance of convenience between U.S. forces and once-hostile Sunni tribes against al Qaeda has become so solid that former Sunni insurgents say they warned American troops to stay away as they took on al Qaeda terrorists themselves in a pitched battle late last week in the city of Samarra that produced heavy al Qaeda casualties.

for the complete article

http://www.washingtontimes.com/artic...111140062/1001

Immanuel
11-14-2007, 10:08 AM
The doom and gloomers need to get caught up on current events

RSR,

They can spin it all they want but in the end this is going to be another never-ending War on Drugs. US Death counts for October were the lowest in years they say, but 2007's count is the highest since the war began. As much as I support a war against terrorism, I am completely convinced that this is the wrong way to fight it.

Immie

red states rule
11-14-2007, 10:11 AM
RSR,

They can spin it all they want but in the end this is going to be another never-ending War on Drugs. US Death counts for October were the lowest in years they say, but 2007's count is the highest since the war began. As much as I support a war against terrorism, I am completely convinced that this is the wrong way to fight it.

Immie

You can try and spin the doom and gloom all you want. the fact is the US military is about to give the defeatest left a huge shitburger to eat - and I hope they enjoy every bite

The people of Iraq are fed up with the terrorists and they see we are not going to cut and run (as Dems want)

Libs need to give up on their insane surrender plans and start supporting the troops

truthmatters
11-14-2007, 10:22 AM
You see the only purpose of continuing this war as a political way to screw the democrats.

You are a partisan who revels in spilling the blood of Americans for political purposes yet you refuse to go fight yourself.

You are transparent rsr.

Immanuel
11-14-2007, 10:26 AM
You can try and spin the doom and gloom all you want. the fact is the US military is about to give the defeatest left a huge shitburger to eat - and I hope they enjoy every bite

The people of Iraq are fed up with the terrorists and they see we are not going to cut and run (as Dems want)

Libs need to give up on their insane surrender plans and start supporting the troops

I darn sure hope you are right.

Unfortunately, I think you are living in a dream world. I just hope to hell it is not a drug induced dream world.

I, myself, will be estatic if your little dream comes true, but I'm not holding my breath.

Oh and one more thing, I don't believe we should give up. I simply believe we should change our strategy. The idiots that put our men and women in a corale in Iraq and painted targets on their backs should be court-martialed.

Immie

red states rule
11-14-2007, 10:26 AM
You see the only purpose of continuing this war as a political way to screw the democrats.

You are a partisan who revels in spilling the blood of Americans for political purposes yet you refuse to go fight yourself.

You are transparent rsr.

To late TM

Dems have already screwed themselves with their undermining the troops, the war on terror, and Pres Bush

truthmatters
11-14-2007, 10:42 AM
You seem to refuse reality.

You are in the minority and the War has crippled the R party. Your false bravado for the R position will not win them anything but further scorn.

red states rule
11-14-2007, 10:44 AM
You seem to refuse reality.

You are in the minority and the War has crippled the R party. Your false bravado for the R position will not win them anything but further scorn.

Time will tell

The poll numbers for your Dem run Congress are lower then they were for Republicans in 06

How do you think the voters will react after being told by Dems the war is lost - and the troops deliver a win?

hjmick
11-14-2007, 10:48 AM
I canceled Newsweak (not a typo) recently, mainly because of their habit to publish two versions of their magazine (one for the U.S. and on for the international markets) with different stories, sometimes different versions of the same story. While I understand that there would naturally be some content that would differ, I discovered that some stories in the international version would be downright shocking to tha American public, and other stories would have been quite enlightening. To vary the content of the same stories in both editions struck me as deceitful. That they would hire a liberal wingnut like Kos is no surprise. I am thankful that none of my money will go to the purchase of a single issue with the hack's name in it.

truthmatters
11-14-2007, 10:56 AM
I cancelled all my news mags when they told the Bush lies in the lead up to the war.

red states rule
11-14-2007, 10:57 AM
I cancelled all my news mags when they told the Bush lies in the lead up to the war.

Try sticking pins in your GWB doll - that should make you feel better

retiredman
11-14-2007, 11:00 AM
I cancelled Newsweek the day they drove Mike Boorda to commit suicide. I made a promise to him that day that I would never read another word from a page of newsweek ever again in my life.

red states rule
11-15-2007, 07:24 AM
Hiring of 'Screw Them' Kos Unlikely to Reverse Newsweek's Decline
By Tom Blumer | November 14, 2007 - 16:08 ET
It seems appropriate that the person who wrote the following will now be writing for Newsweek (HT to NB's John Stephenson, who posted on this Tuesday evening):

Let the people see what war is like. This isn't an Xbox game. There are real repercussions to Bush's folly.

That siad, I feel nothing over the death of merceneries. They aren't in Iraq because of orders, or because they are there trying to help the people make Iraq a better place. They are there to wage was for profit

Screw them

Yes, Markos Moulitsas Zuniga ("Kos") apologized the next day; you can decide for yourself whether it suffices.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tom-blumer/2007/11/14/hiring-screw-them-kos-unlikely-reverse-newsweeks-decline