PDA

View Full Version : Dems Global Warming Bill Will Cost You $500/yr

red states rule
11-14-2007, 07:41 AM
If there is a way to take your money Dems and some RINO's will find a way to make it happen

The "Climate Change" bill will now take $500/yr out of your pocket (along with all the tax increase the Dems want)

Not to mention the damage it would do to our economy

Global Warming Bill Could Cost Every U.S. Man, Woman and Child Up to $494 Annually

By Jeff Poor
Business & Media Institute
11/13/2007 1:36:53 PM

Imagine what you could do with an extra $400 or $500 a year – save for retirement, fill your gasoline tank several extra times or buy a plane ticket for vacation. Now multiply that amount by every member in your immediate family. It could add up to a lot of extra money.

But not so fast. A bill introduced in the Senate by Sens. Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.) and John Warner (R-Va.) would require companies to scale back greenhouse-gas emissions to 2005 levels by 2012 and 1990 levels by 2020 – and that bill would come with a hefty price tag

One analysis of that bill by CRA International, an international business consulting firm, predicts the Lieberman-Warner bill could cost $4 trillion to $6 trillion over the next 40 years, according to an editorial in the November 11 Washington Times.

If that bill were passed and made law, the tax would cost every man, woman and child – more than 303 million Americans – $494 a year, a significant burden on the U.S. economy.

Former Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan warned that such carbon caps have a cost – stating in his book, “The Age of Turbulence,” that the effect would be limited unless imposed globally. Caps imposed only on the United States would be detrimental.

“There is no effective way to meaningfully reduce emissions without negatively impacting a large part of an economy,” Greenspan wrote. “Net, it is a tax. If the cap is low enough to make a meaningful inroad into CO2 emissions, permits will become expensive and large numbers of companies will experience cost increases that make them less competitive. Jobs will be lost and real incomes of workers constrained.”

http://www.businessandmedia.org/articles/2007/20071113133308.aspx

PostmodernProphet
11-14-2007, 09:42 AM
shucks, if I could stop the liberals yammering about global warming for only $494 I would consider it a bargain......

red states rule
11-14-2007, 09:45 AM
shucks, if I could stop the liberals yammering about global warming for only $494 I would consider it a bargain......

It is cheaper to stuff a gag in their mouth

retiredman
11-14-2007, 09:47 AM
after the two trillion flushed down the shitter for the Iraq war, most folks will think of it as a bargain!

red states rule
11-14-2007, 09:50 AM
after the two trillion flushed down the shitter for the Iraq war, most folks will think of it as a bargain!

MM shows his support for the troops once again. Winning in Iraq is money down the shitter

Keep that white flag high in the air MM

retiredman
11-14-2007, 09:54 AM
MM shows his support for the troops once again. Winning in Iraq is money down the shitter

Keep that white flag high in the air MM

you are confused. My suggestion that the war in Iraq has been the worst and costliest foreign policy mistake in our nation's history does not detract from my support for the men and women fighting it. I hope and pray that every round they fire hits its target, and that everyone fired at them misses. I hope they prevail in each and every encounter. I support them in many ways. and that support is undiminished simply because I oppose the foreign policy decisions of the man that sent them there.

red states rule
11-14-2007, 09:56 AM
you are confused. My suggestion that the war in Iraq has been the worst and costliest foreign policy mistake in our nation's history does not detract from my support for the men and women fighting it. I hope and pray that every round they fire hits its target, and that everyone fired at them misses. I hope they prevail in each and every encounter. I support them in many ways. and that support is undiminished simply because I oppose the foreign policy decisions of the man that sent them there.

Please keep your defeatest and surrender BS on the proper threads

darin
11-14-2007, 09:58 AM

It's impossible to "support the troop" yet rebuke their mission.

Dear Democrats:

PLEASE stop taxing me. PLEASE stop taking money from me. My family needs it.

Sincerely,

dmp.

retiredman
11-14-2007, 09:59 AM
Please keep your defeatest and surrender BS on the proper threads

oh...like you ran away from the SBVT thread that YOU started????:laugh2::laugh2:

Like I said, I think that the vast majority of americans have been desensitized to numbers as small as these by the enormous price tag of Iraq.

and the interesting difference is this: you post an op-ed and the key word in the title is COULD. The cost of the war in Iraq is known.

red states rule
11-14-2007, 10:00 AM

Dear Democrats:

PLEASE stop taxing me. PLEASE stop taking money from me. My family needs it.

Sincerely,

dmp.

It's like saying you love football players yet you hate the game of football

retiredman
11-14-2007, 10:01 AM

Sincerely,

dmp.

and you would know that....how? have you ever been a "troop" I have.

I always knew that my mission was to go and do what the suits told me to...and that the suits would change their minds. My mother was a huge anti-war activist during Vietnam, but I never once doubted her support of me.

darin
11-14-2007, 10:06 AM
and you would know that....how? have you ever been a "troop" I have.

I always knew that my mission was to go and do what the suits told me to...and that the suits would change their minds. My mother was a huge anti-war activist during Vietnam, but I never once doubted her support of me.

You're fooling yourself, really. At least have the balls to say you DON'T Support the troops - that'd be at least slightly respectful.

So..you were a "Troop" eh? Sure. You retired from the Navy as an E6. I 'suppose' that counts.

It's like saying you love football players yet you hate the game of football

I SUPPORT the Seahawks - I simply hate their gameplan, their coaches and General Manager, their methods, AND wish they'd stop being paid.

;)

Funny - the Coaches and GM 'are' seahawks, too. Just like the President and his Military Advisers are troops, too. (no so much the president, but as the CinC, I'd consider him part of the team).

retiredman
11-14-2007, 10:17 AM
You're fooling yourself, really. At least have the balls to say you DON'T Support the troops - that'd be at least slightly respectful.

So..you were a "Troop" eh? Sure. You retired from the Navy as an E6. I 'suppose' that counts.

NO. I am not fooling myself. you are talking out of your ass because you have no direct experience. And , by the way, I retired from the Navy as an O5. I would have been proud to have been an E6 - especially if I had been a QM1 - but I was commissioned. And you really should get out of the really unattractive habit of putting words in people's mouths.

red states rule
11-14-2007, 10:19 AM

NO. I am not fooling myself. you are talking out of your ass because you have no direct experience. And , by the way, I retired from the Navy as an O5. I would have been proud to have been an E6 - especially if I had been a QM1 - but I was commissioned. And you really should get out of the really unattractive habit of putting words in people's mouths.

You are just a fool - doing what your party tell you to do

The US military knows how the Dems feels about them - that is why the military vote goes Republican

retiredman
11-14-2007, 10:21 AM
my party has never told me to anything, other than get out and vote.

and trust me, there are a lot of democrats in uniform, and there will no doubt be more as Bush continues to misuse and abuse them.

darin
11-14-2007, 10:38 AM
NO. I am not fooling myself. you are talking out of your ass because you have no direct experience. And , by the way, I retired from the Navy as an O5. I would have been proud to have been an E6 - especially if I had been a QM1 - but I was commissioned.

Direct experience with what?

There's NO WAY you are a retired O5 in my mind. I've NEVER met an O5 with as little common sense, reason, candor, ability to control vulgarities as you've shown. Funny - awhile ago you called it a "personal attack" by me to insinuate you were 'enlisted' vice 'commissioned'

I would NOT be surprised ONE MINUTE if you're actually a former Navy E3..E4, tops. That's not a slight on Navy E3s and E4s, but I seriously have a hard time believing one could get to a mid-level officer in a military career and yet get his rocks off building strawmen on a Forums, then calling-people-out for not playing along.

more personal attacks. pretty sad. When did you serve, by the way? branch? rate?

And you really should get out of the really unattractive habit of putting words in people's mouths.

Funny still! The only words I'm "Putting in your mouth" are the words you type in the little 'reply' window.

red states rule
11-14-2007, 10:43 AM
Direct experience with what?

There's NO WAY you are a retired O5 in my mind. I've NEVER met an O5 with as little common sense, reason, candor, ability to control vulgarities as you've shown. Funny - awhile ago you called it a "personal attack" by me to insinuate you were 'enlisted' vice 'commissioned'

Funny still! The only words I'm "Putting in your mouth" are the words you type in the little 'reply' window.

DMP. please remember the Proverbs

Go from the presence of a foolish man, when thou perceivest not in him the lips of knowledge

In other words, do not waste your time arguing with an idiot like MM

retiredman
11-14-2007, 10:52 AM
dmp:

to suggest that someone - anyone - would only rise to the level of E4 in a twenty + year career in the navy IS an insult. If you had said that you thought I was a former E7 or E8, it would not have been insulting in the least. And again.... your opinion of my service is of less than zero importance to me. I am glad that it took my own performance over the years to receive my promotions and not what was "in the mind" of some strutting spiteful little geek like you!:laugh2:

The point being, that your ideas of what effect political debate at home has on the troops in the field is based upon nothing of substance. It is your opinion and I would fight to the death for your right to have it, but it IS wrong, and based upon arrogance and ignorance....two characteristics you possess in abundance.

darin
11-14-2007, 11:01 AM
dmp:

to suggest that someone - anyone - would only rise to the level of E4 in a twenty + year career in the navy IS an insult. If you had said that you thought I was a former E7 or E8, it would not have been insulting in the least. And again.... your opinion of my service is of less than zero importance to me. I am glad that it took my own performance over the years to receive my promotions and not what was "in the mind" of some strutting spiteful little geek like you!:laugh2:

See? that's the point. I think you're lying about having been in 20 years. I think you were in the Navy, then got out because you are lame. :)

The point being, that your ideas of what effect political debate at home has on the troops in the field is based upon nothing of substance. It is your opinion and I would fight to the death for your right to have it, but it IS wrong, and based upon arrogance and ignorance....two characteristics you possess in abundance.

Ooh! Burn! Why the lie though? You wouldn't fight for ANYTHING which doesn't serve yourself. Stop pretending. You're embarrassing yourself, kiddo.

retiredman
11-14-2007, 11:06 AM
See? that's the point. I think you're lying about having been in 20 years. I think you were in the Navy, then got out because you are lame. :)

and did you miss the part where I indicated that your opinion as to the length of my service was worth less than a bucket of warm spit (a positive rep point if you can name the politician that first coined that phrase) I first raised my hand in 1968, and I retired in 1993. The good news from my perspective is that whether you believe me or not does not, in any way, alter the size of my retirement check!

Ooh! Burn! Why the lie though? You wouldn't fight for ANYTHING which doesn't serve yourself. Stop pretending. You're embarrassing yourself, kiddo.
not so. I was always willing to go and do whatever Uncle Sam told me to do...if that meant fighting for your right to be an ignornant arrogant little prick, so be it!:laugh2:

red states rule
11-14-2007, 11:11 AM

and did you miss the part where I indicated that your opinion as to the length of my service was worth less than a bucket of warm spit (a positive rep point if you can name the politician that first coined that phrase) I first raised my hand in 1968, and I retired in 1993. The good news from my perspective is that whether you believe me or not does not, in any way, alter the size of my retirement check!

not so. I was always willing to go and do whatever Uncle Sam told me to do...if that meant fighting for your right to be an ignornant arrogant little prick, so be it!:laugh2:

You get your shorts in a knot when you think someone is attacking your service - but you did not say a word when the Moveon.org nuts ran their Gen Betray Us ad

Your party was silent for nearly a week and you tried to spin it by saying the word "betray" has different meanings

Give me a break

darin
11-14-2007, 11:13 AM

I raised MY hand for the first time in 1977. So what? Ms. Morris, my kindergarten teacher, called on me. It was neat.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=716&stc=1&d=1195056965

fwiw, when you call somebody ignorant, it carries more weight if you spell the word correctly. ;)

red states rule
11-14-2007, 11:17 AM
I raised MY hand for the first time in 1977. So what? Ms. Morris, my kindergarten teacher, called on me. It was neat.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=716&stc=1&d=1195056965

fwiw, when you call somebody ignorant, it carries more weight if you spell the word correctly. ;)

I owe you rep on this post

retiredman
11-14-2007, 01:12 PM
ah yes. spelling nazism. the last bastion of folks cornered in debates!

that, and sophomoric humor, of course. :lame2:

darin
11-14-2007, 02:09 PM
ah yes. spelling nazism. the last bastion of folks cornered in debates!

that, and sophomoric humor, of course. :lame2:

I've never known ANYBODY online who REFUSES to take ownership over his own words to the degree you deflect.

it's hilarious, honestly. :)

retiredman
11-14-2007, 02:21 PM
I've never known ANYBODY online who REFUSES to take ownership over his own words to the degree you deflect.

when have I ever refused to take ownership? I committed a typographical error and you caught me. guilty as charged. you da man! sieg Heil! :clap:

darin
11-14-2007, 02:39 PM
Not talking about the typo - I was talking about your expressed hatred of the troops, among other things.

April15
11-14-2007, 02:56 PM
If there is a way to take your money Dems and some RINO's will find a way to make it happen

The "Climate Change" bill will now take $500/yr out of your pocket (along with all the tax increase the Dems want)

Not to mention the damage it would do to our economy

Global Warming Bill Could Cost Every U.S. Man, Woman and Child Up to $494 Annually

By Jeff Poor
Business & Media Institute
11/13/2007 1:36:53 PM

Imagine what you could do with an extra $400 or $500 a year – save for retirement, fill your gasoline tank several extra times or buy a plane ticket for vacation. Now multiply that amount by every member in your immediate family. It could add up to a lot of extra money.

But not so fast. A bill introduced in the Senate by Sens. Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.) and John Warner (R-Va.) would require companies to scale back greenhouse-gas emissions to 2005 levels by 2012 and 1990 levels by 2020 – and that bill would come with a hefty price tag

One analysis of that bill by CRA International, an international business consulting firm, predicts the Lieberman-Warner bill could cost $4 trillion to $6 trillion over the next 40 years, according to an editorial in the November 11 Washington Times.

If that bill were passed and made law, the tax would cost every man, woman and child – more than 303 million Americans – $494 a year, a significant burden on the U.S. economy.

Former Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan warned that such carbon caps have a cost – stating in his book, “The Age of Turbulence,” that the effect would be limited unless imposed globally. Caps imposed only on the United States would be detrimental.

“There is no effective way to meaningfully reduce emissions without negatively impacting a large part of an economy,” Greenspan wrote. “Net, it is a tax. If the cap is low enough to make a meaningful inroad into CO2 emissions, permits will become expensive and large numbers of companies will experience cost increases that make them less competitive. Jobs will be lost and real incomes of workers constrained.”

http://www.businessandmedia.org/articles/2007/20071113133308.aspx

Compared to the security of bush's war it is a deal in both ways. Cheaper and more guaranteed.

retiredman
11-14-2007, 03:01 PM
Not talking about the typo - I was talking about your expressed hatred of the troops, among other things.

now...if you could find one post where I talked about my "expressed HATRED" for the troops, that would be real nice.

I'll wait.