PDA

View Full Version : CBS: Decrease in African-American Military Service Bush’s Fault

red states rule
11-14-2007, 07:48 AM
Bush Derangement Syndrome has infected CBS reporter Bill Whitaker. Even on Veterns Day, the liberal media can't stop blaming Pres Bush for anything and everything

CBS: Decrease in African-American Military Service Bush’s Fault
By Kyle Drennen | November 13, 2007 - 13:45 ET
In what began as a Veterans Day tribute to African-American military veterans, a segment on Sunday’s CBS "Sunday Morning,"soon became a rant against the Bush Administration as reporter Bill Whitaker exclaimed:

The concerned Department of Defense has studied why black enlistment has plummeted and found that many of the so-called "influencers" in the black community, parents, teachers, clergy, feel in general, that Bush Administration policies have hurt African-Americans. And more than any other group, they oppose the war in Iraq.

Whitaker then examined the case of Macio Sheffield, an African-American high school student in Los Angeles who was a member of the Junior ROTC. After Sheffield explained his reason for being in ROTC: "I enjoy learning about respect and discipline. I like the Army. I love America," Whitaker followed with, "But first Macio will have to get past his parents, Macio senior and Terry Craten, who, like the majority of the blacks in the survey, oppose the Bush Administration and this war."

In search of more anti-war sentiment, Whitaker went from parents, to a local teacher: "Other influencers, teachers like Jamal Speaks at L.A.'S Dorsey High....tells his students times have changed and they don't need the military anymore to get an education and a career." No one is being forced into military service. There is no draft and all young Americans have the freedom to choose whatever career path they want. However, showing a young man who would be proud to serve his country but is being keep back by his parents' anti-Bush views is troubling.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/kyle-drennen/2007/11/13/cbs-decrease-african-american-military-service-bush-s-fault

theHawk
11-14-2007, 09:09 AM
In other words, its really the fault of the idiotic liberal leaders in the black community.

red states rule
11-14-2007, 09:15 AM
In other words, its really the fault of the idiotic liberal leaders in the black community.

I remember reading how libs were upset there were too many black troops being sent to war zones in numbers far exceeding whites.

actsnoblemartin
11-14-2007, 11:54 PM
exactly