PDA

View Full Version : NY Governor Drops Illegal Alien License Plan

Pale Rider
11-14-2007, 02:43 PM
NY Governor Drops Illegal Alien License Plan

Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:38am EST

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - New York Gov. Eliot Spitzer on Wednesday dropped a controversial plan to issue driver's licenses to illegal aliens because of overwhelming opposition to the policy.

"I've concluded that New York state cannot conduct this program on its own," Spitzer said at a Capitol Hill news conference. "It does not take a stethoscope to hear the pulse of New Yorkers on this topic."

More... http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSN1363693520071114?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews&rpc=22&sp=true

Pale Rider
11-14-2007, 02:44 PM
One more for the good guys. The liberal IDIOTS lose again.

Monkeybone
11-14-2007, 02:45 PM
not like it will stop them from driving.

BoogyMan
11-14-2007, 02:50 PM
Spitzer should resign. Motor voter being what it is now, trying to give drivers licenses to illegals is setting up for a situation rife with vote fraud.

Pale Rider
11-14-2007, 03:00 PM
not like it will stop them from driving.

Read Boogyman's post. That's what it's all about, aside from rewarding criminals for breaking the law.

It was an asinine scheme.

red states rule
11-14-2007, 03:21 PM
This was NOT about letting illegals drive legally

It was about getting them registered to vote in elections

Monkeybone
11-14-2007, 03:27 PM
i know everyone! i know! it also opened doors for ppl to get on planes easier

stephanie
11-14-2007, 04:38 PM
I bet Shrillary took him out behind the woodshed and told him to knock if off...it was putting her in a bad position...:poke:

chesswarsnow
11-14-2007, 04:46 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Not so fast, this problem isn't dead yet.
2. What about all those who illegals who already have DL's?
3. Who's going to retrieve those already out on the streets?
4. All across this Nation, there are Millions of Illegal Aliens driving cars and trucks on our streets.
5. I bet there are hundreds of thousands of illegal alien CDL drivers as well, *Commercial Truckers*.
6. This problem is far more adrift than anyone wants to admit.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Trigg
11-14-2007, 04:47 PM
I bet Shrillary took him out behind the woodshed and told him to knock if off...it was putting her in a bad position...:poke:

To bad they have her on record agreeing with the idea.

Pale Rider
11-14-2007, 04:48 PM

Wouldn't doubt it. Her people threatened Wolf Blitzer to not pull a "Tim Russert" on her in the dem debates tonight in Las Vegas.

Kathianne
11-14-2007, 04:48 PM
To bad they have her on record agreeing with the idea.

Yep, she has been stymied by the PA debate, where she claimed 3 or 4 sides.

chesswarsnow
11-14-2007, 04:50 PM
Sorry bout that,

Wouldn't doubt it. Her people threatened Wolf Blitzer to not pull a "Tim Russert" on her in the dem debates tonight in Las Vegas.

1. But where can I watch this train wreck?:laugh2:
2. I mean debate,.......
3. Anyone know what time and channel?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Pale Rider
11-14-2007, 04:51 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Not so fast, this problem isn't dead yet.
2. What about all those who illegals who already have DL's?
3. Who's going to retrieve those already out on the streets?
4. All across this Nation, there are Millions of Illegal Aliens driving cars and trucks on our streets.
5. I bet there are hundreds of thousands of illegal alien CDL drivers as well, *Commercial Truckers*.
6. This problem is far more adrift than anyone wants to admit.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

There are actually six or seven other states that give DL's to illegals, but there is now legislation being introduced that will cut their highway budgets by 10%, and then redistribute that money among states that don't. There's a crack down on illegals coming. A big one. The movement as a whole is gaining momentum by the day, and it's being fueled by the people. You and I who are relentlessly emailing and calling keeping up the pressure.

Guernicaa
11-14-2007, 05:00 PM
Spitzer should resign. Motor voter being what it is now, trying to give drivers licenses to illegals is setting up for a situation rife with vote fraud.
LOL are you retarded? Resign? I don't think so.
Yeah--his plan was a bad one. But it's not like it went through, and like the article said, he’s dropped it. This type of situation happens all the time, but thanks to the "MAINSTREAM MEDIA" (" ") Spitzers plan went national, mainly due to the fact that it falls into the category of a current hot issue in America (What do we do with illegal’s?), and the opinions from the "MAINSTREAM MEDIA" were not nice ones

stephanie
11-14-2007, 05:04 PM
Yeah--his plan was a bad one. But it's not like it went through, and like the article said, he’s dropped it. This type of situation happens all the time, but thanks to the "MAINSTREAM MEDIA" (" ") Spitzer's plan went national, mainly due to the fact that it falls into the category of a current hot issue in America (What do we do with illegal?), and the opinions from the "MAINSTREAM MEDIA" were not nice ones

Oh you mean it shouldn't of been reported?

70% of New Yorkers were against it...even so, Spitzer was going to try and Ram it through anyway....That's the Democrats way of doing things...:cheers2:

chesswarsnow
11-14-2007, 05:23 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Its tomorrow night folks.
2. 8 pm CNN

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

stephanie
11-14-2007, 05:25 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Its tomorrow night folks.
2. 8 pm CNN

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

I'd rather watch paint dry on a wall...:dance:

11-14-2007, 05:29 PM
Yeah--his plan was a bad one. But it's not like it went through, and like the article said, he’s dropped it. This type of situation happens all the time, but thanks to the "MAINSTREAM MEDIA" (" ") Spitzers plan went national, mainly due to the fact that it falls into the category of a current hot issue in America (What do we do with illegal’s?), and the opinions from the "MAINSTREAM MEDIA" were not nice ones

Spitzer has more problems then simply this plan, although you might not be aware of them.

All and all i think this result is very bad for liberals. Here we have a very liberal state opposing legislation for illegal aliens being rewarded in any way. If it garnered enough opposition in New York to stop this, then it demonstrates that Democrats are VERY out of touch, even with their base on the issue.