PDA

View Full Version : Somebody fill me in please

CrimsonWhite
02-09-2007, 09:27 PM
I'm off the board for two months and I come back in what looks like the aftermath of a warzone. What the happened? USMB looks like Nazi Germany now.

Dilloduck
02-09-2007, 10:22 PM
I'm off the board for two months and I come back in what looks like the aftermath of a warzone. What the happened? USMB looks like Nazi Germany now.

hmmmm---Jim sold USMB to a new guy who changed it into what it is now.
Then he opened this board. Some who didn't like the changes on the old board came to this one. I think other stuff happened but I don't get told everything, dammit. I think if you PM Greg or Kathianne thewy will fill you i but whatever you do, DON"T QUESTION ANYTHING OPENLY or your outta there.

Grumplestillskin
02-09-2007, 10:28 PM

I saw your first sentence and was gonna say "Basically Jim sold the old board to Adolph, with Eva giving him a little help." But I see with your last sentence you clicked well before I did....And take Dillo's advice - Question nothing!

Hobbit
02-10-2007, 01:08 AM

And HERE's what happened, in ten words or lest.

Jim sold board.
Owner reads PMs.
I won't go back.

Abbreviations count as one word. :P

stephanie
02-10-2007, 01:54 AM
And Here's what happened, in ten words or lest.

Jim sold board.
Owner reads PMs.
I won't go back.

Abbreviations count as one word. :P

I left after the second week...Not before I told Greg I thought he was a pompous Ass in the public forum....
Haven't been back...

I guess I still have that ole sizing one up instinct...
:wink2:

Gunny
02-10-2007, 10:12 AM

What they said, To elaborate a bit ....

The new owner made a bunch of unilateral changes just because he's the owner and he can. Some gave him a chance to see where he was going, while others told him to stuff it right off the bat. Gradually, as the guest list turned into more and more morons (for which Pale was chastised for using the term "moron"), I at least gravitated more toward here to there.

The latest-greatest change being the new owner added the ability for admin to read members' PMs. Too fascist for me.

Add to that the sensationalized, conspiracy theory "board war" the powers that be throw up every time this board gets mentioned, and yeah, you have quite a mess.

Alos, if you think you are "cool" with a certain former mod-now-admin, I would rethink it and apply the following age-od addage: Power corrupts, and ultimate power corrupts ulitmately.