PDA

View Full Version : No more "Ho, Ho, Ho!" - Political Correctness gone to far?

Immanuel
11-15-2007, 08:37 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20071115/wl_asia_afp/lifestyleaustraliachristmasoffbeat

"Gimme a break" is right!

SYDNEY (AFP) - Santas in Australia's largest city have been told not to use Father Christmas's traditional "ho ho ho" greeting because it may be offensive to women, it was reported Thursday.

Sydney's Santa Clauses have instead been instructed to say "ha ha ha" instead, the Daily Telegraph reported.

One disgruntled Santa told the newspaper a recruitment firm warned him not to use "ho ho ho" because it could frighten children and was too close to "ho", a US slang term for prostitute.

"Gimme a break," said Julie Gale, who runs the campaign against sexualising children called Kids Free 2B Kids.

"We are talking about little kids who do not understand that "ho, ho, ho" has any other connotation and nor should they," she told the Telegraph.

How frigging petty can we get? Santas can't say "Ho, Ho, Ho" in Australia because in America the word "Ho" is slang for a prostitute? If I were in Australia, I'd dress up as St. Nick just to say "Ho, Ho, Ho"!

Immie

PS I'm not sure this is the right forum for this thread, but deal with it... especially all of you PC nut cases out there! :laugh2:

Nukeman
11-15-2007, 08:56 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20071115/wl_asia_afp/lifestyleaustraliachristmasoffbeat

"Gimme a break" is right!

How frigging petty can we get? Santas can't say "Ho, Ho, Ho" in Australia because in America the word "Ho" is slang for a prostitute? If I were in Australia, I'd dress up as St. Nick just to say "Ho, Ho, Ho"!

Immie

PS I'm not sure this is the right forum for this thread, but deal with it... especially all of you PC nut cases out there! :laugh2:

I saw this story and just went right on by it thinking the same as you posted. GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!

Monkeybone
11-15-2007, 09:33 AM
i once saw a black santa that said that. he had sunglasses on and his belt was blinged out. i was waiting for a 'bitch' at the end of 'Ho,Ho,Ho'...or a "Where's my money"

darin
11-15-2007, 09:36 AM
How frigging petty can we get? Santas can't say "Ho, Ho, Ho" in Australia because in America the word "Ho" is slang for a prostitute?

I thought it was slang for "Slut".

Either way...ya know? just a sign of the times we're in. :-/