PDA

View Full Version : *Is Islam's Punishment Of The Victim Of Rape Being Religious?*

chesswarsnow
11-15-2007, 12:42 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But doing some more surfing today ,(Backs still hurt), ( I ), *The Great CWN* came across this very telling, *Islamic Story*.
2. Seems these six Muslim guys took on this female victim and raped her, something fierce.
3. They all got some time to think it over in jail, after a lengthy trial.
4. But what came of the *Victim*?
5. After being raped, the courts put her on trial as well, her punishment is 200 lashes and six months in jail.
6. That will teach her to get raped by six horny men!
7. And will teach other rape *Victims* to keep their mouths shut!
8. Read this crap:

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=071115145104.rykb7bub&show_article=1

"

Saudi punishes gang rape victim with 200 lashes

Nov 15 10:51 AM US/Eastern
52 Comments

View larger image

A court in the ultra-conservative kingdom of Saudi Arabia is punishing a female victim of gang rape with 200 lashes and six months in jail, a newspaper reported on Thursday.
The 19-year-old woman -- whose six armed attackers have been sentenced to jail terms -- was initially ordered to undergo 90 lashes for "being in the car of an unrelated male at the time of the rape," the Arab News reported.

But in a new verdict issued after Saudi Arabia's Higher Judicial Council ordered a retrial, the court in the eastern town of Al-Qatif more than doubled the number of lashes to 200.

A court source told the English-language Arab News that the judges had decided to punish the woman further for "her attempt to aggravate and influence the judiciary through the media."

Saudi Arabia enforces a strict Islamic doctrine known as Wahhabism and forbids unrelated men and women from associating with each other, bans women from driving and forces them to cover head-to-toe in public.

Last year, the court sentenced six Saudi men to between one and five years in jail for the rape as well as ordering lashes for the victim, a member of the minority Shiite community.

But the woman's lawyer Abdul Rahman al-Lahem appealed, arguing that the punishments were too lenient in a country where the offence can carry the death penalty.

In the new verdict issued on Wednesday, the Al-Qatif court also toughened the sentences against the six men to between two and nine years in prison.

The case has angered members of Saudi Arabia's Shiite community. The convicted men are Sunni Muslims, the dominant community in the oil-rich Gulf state.

Lahem, also a human rights activist, told AFP on Wednesday that the court had banned him from handling the rape case and withdrew his licence to practise law because he challenged the verdict.

He said he has also been summoned by the ministry of justice to appear before a disciplinary committee in December.

Lahem said the move might be due to his criticism of some judicial institutions, and "contradicts King Abdullah's quest to introduce reform, especially in the justice system."

King Abdullah last month approved a new body of laws regulating the judicial system in Saudi Arabia, which rules on the basis of sharia, or Islamic law.

"

9. I wonder how they treat murder victims?
10. Maybe they cut their heads off with a shinny sword, and roll their heads down the court house steps?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

carbonbased
11-15-2007, 01:03 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But doing some more surfing today ,(Backs still hurt), ( I ), *The Great CWN* came across this very telling, *Islamic Story*.
2. Seems these six Muslim guys took on this female victim and raped her, something fierce.
5. After being raped, the courts put her on trial as well, her punishment is 200 lashes and six months in jail.
8. Read this crap:

"

52 Comments

View larger image

A court in the ultra-conservative kingdom of Saudi Arabia is punishing a female victim of gang rape with 200 lashes and six months in jail, a newspaper reported on Thursday.
The 19-year-old woman -- whose six armed attackers have been sentenced to jail terms -- was initially ordered to undergo 90 lashes for "being in the car of an unrelated male at the time of the rape," the Arab News reported.

But in a new verdict issued after Saudi Arabia's Higher Judicial Council ordered a retrial, the court in the eastern town of Al-Qatif more than doubled the number of lashes to 200.

A court source told the English-language Arab News that the judges had decided to punish the woman further for "her attempt to aggravate and influence the judiciary through the media."

Saudi Arabia enforces a strict Islamic doctrine known as Wahhabism and forbids unrelated men and women from associating with each other, bans women from driving and forces them to cover head-to-toe in public.

Last year, the court sentenced six Saudi men to between one and five years in jail for the rape as well as ordering lashes for the victim, a member of the minority Shiite community.

But the woman's lawyer Abdul Rahman al-Lahem appealed, arguing that the punishments were too lenient in a country where the offence can carry the death penalty.

In the new verdict issued on Wednesday, the Al-Qatif court also toughened the sentences against the six men to between two and nine years in prison.

The case has angered members of Saudi Arabia's Shiite community. The convicted men are Sunni Muslims, the dominant community in the oil-rich Gulf state.

Lahem, also a human rights activist, told AFP on Wednesday that the court had banned him from handling the rape case and withdrew his licence to practise law because he challenged the verdict.

He said he has also been summoned by the ministry of justice to appear before a disciplinary committee in December.

Lahem said the move might be due to his criticism of some judicial institutions, and "contradicts King Abdullah's quest to introduce reform, especially in the justice system."

King Abdullah last month approved a new body of laws regulating the judicial system in Saudi Arabia, which rules on the basis of sharia, or Islamic law.

"

10. Maybe they cut their heads off with a shinny sword, and roll their heads down the court house steps?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Hey! I managed to make the keyword bold and red!

Trigg
11-15-2007, 01:51 PM

According to their religion she was in the wrong.

diuretic
11-15-2007, 01:56 PM
I'm not surprised. A bunch of mediaevalist bastards run the dictatorship called Saudi Arabia.

manu1959
11-15-2007, 01:57 PM
remember......tollerance and acceptance......

Trigg
11-15-2007, 02:23 PM
Gotta love the religion of peace

Kathianne
11-15-2007, 02:36 PM

For sure, like in Iran:

http://www.iranfocus.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=5183

Iran to hang teenage girl attacked by rapists
Sat. 07 Jan 2006

Iran Focus

Tehran, Iran, Jan. 07 – An Iranian court has sentenced a teenage rape victim to death by hanging after she weepingly confessed that she had unintentionally killed a man who had tried to rape both her and her niece.

The state-run daily Etemaad reported on Saturday that 18-year-old Nazanin confessed to stabbing one of three men who had attacked the pair along with their boyfriends while they were spending some time in a park west of the Iranian capital in March 2005.

Nazanin, who was 17 years old at the time of the incident, said that after the three men started to throw stones at them, the two girls’ boyfriends quickly escaped on their motorbikes leaving the pair helpless.

She described how the three men pushed her and her 16-year-old niece Somayeh onto the ground and tried to rape them, and said that she took out a knife from her pocket and stabbed one of the men in the hand.

As the girls tried to escape, the men once again attacked them, and at this point, Nazanin said, she stabbed one of the men in the chest. The teenage girl, however, broke down in tears in court as she explained that she had no intention of killing the man but was merely defending herself and her younger niece from rape, the report said.

The court, however, issued on Tuesday a sentence for Nazanin to be hanged to death...

Or Europe:

http://www.muslimnews.co.uk/news/news.php?article=13564

Italy: Three convicted of 'honour killing'

15-11-2007

Brescia, (ANSA): A Brescia judge sentenced three Pakistani men to 30 years in jail on Tuesday for the 'honour killing' of their young female relative.

Turkey:

http://www.todayszaman.com/tz-web/detaylar.do?load=detay&link=127058

Murderer of symbol honor killing victim sentenced to life
Two brothers were sentenced by a court on Tuesday for killing their sister, who has since become an icon in the fight against honor killings.

The older of the two brothers was given a life sentence, the longest sentence given for an honor crime.

This case is likely to set a precedent for future verdicts and hopefully reduce crimes committed based on traditionally held beliefs about women.

İrfan and Ferit Tören killed their sister, Güldünya Tören, to “cleanse their family honor” after a second attempt and received sentences for the crime of attempted murder for their first attempt to kill her and murder for killing her.

Güldünya was “guilty” of being raped by her cousin, and refusing to become his “second wife” after giving birth to a baby. She was 22....

Iraq:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/iraq/article2801016.ece

‘Honour’ killings grow as girl, 17, stoned to death
Hala Jaber, Irbil, northern Iraq

As the sun went down and the sandstone tombs cast long shadows over the village cemetery, Badi’aa Aswad threw herself on the mud grave of her 17-year-old daughter, Du’aa, and howled.

“Come to Mama, Du’aa,” she cried, caressing the plain concrete headstone. “The last thing you told me was that you were hungry. Come home. Let me cook, and feed you.”

Disturbed by the sobbing, a passer-by offered water in the hope of soothing her. But Aswad screamed that she could not drink a drop.

“Du’aa is thirsty,” she shrieked, directing the stranger to pour the contents of her water bottle over the dusty grave instead. “Yes, drink my baby, drink my honourable girl, drink some water, light of my eyes.”
Kurdish President warns against border attack

Any move by Turkish troops into Kurdish territory would be taken as a declaration of war, the region’s leader said

It is seven months since Du’aa was stoned to death by a mob in the Kurdish hillside village of Basshiqa, northern Iraq, after being found with her 19-year-old boyfriend, Muhannad Ummayad, in an olive grove. ...

diuretic
11-15-2007, 04:31 PM
A lot of that family honour bullshit is cultural, not religious. It's still frigging horrendous, whatever the motivation or supposed justification.

Said1
11-15-2007, 08:18 PM
A muslim girl was beaten and rapped in one of the computer labs where I attend university. After it had been in the news for some time and after the university plastered huge posters of the incident report all over the place, she denied it happened. I thought that was weird.

Yurt
11-16-2007, 12:43 AM
http://www.freedomads.org/live/124.jpg

carbonbased
11-16-2007, 03:18 AM
*Thats All You Got?*
Basically, yes. The only answer you deserve when you form your question like that.
Your question here was if Islams punishment was religous.
Are you really interested or are you just ventilating some hate here?

If you are not interested I am sure those answers validates your feeling accoringly:

According to their religion she was in the wrong.

I'm not surprised. A bunch of mediaevalist bastards run the dictatorship called Saudi Arabia.

http://www.freedomads.org/live/124.jpg

Great depth.

On the other hand if you where really interested you could try to figure out the real drive behind this.

Saudi Arabia does have a law based in religion.
How can that be?
Who benfits from that?
Who is in control?
Is power in Saudi Arabia really true to this religion?
Can there be other factors (than salvation to the citizens) for the Saudi Arabian dictatorship to keep people from free thought? Power over money?
Where is the opposition?
Are there people who would like a change?

What similarities between the punishment of this victim and how rape victims in our society might be treated can you find?

Why is it not uncommon for "our" rape victims to not come forward? Shame? For what? For being raped? What tactics might be used by our defense lawyers, come rape cases?

Why is it important for those people to treat this victim so unfair?
Why can't they step back from that specific detail in the law? Wouldn't that be just decent?
Is it perhaps becase they are conservative?
Maybe every little detail must be preserved to keep the larger ideals to fall?

As you can see, this could have been a rather interesting and complex question if not:

"Was Islams punishment religous."

diuretic
11-16-2007, 03:36 AM
If you can put up with I'll answer each and every question.

carbonbased
11-16-2007, 03:44 AM
If you can put up with I'll answer each and every question.

I believe you. But I guess there could be a hundered more too. Main reason for me posting this last stuff was that chesswarsnow got upset about my inital, sort of breif, reply.
Although other short one-liners suits him fine by being the "correct" ones.

I hate threads that goes like this:

[LOOK! HORROR!]
[YEAH BOOH!]
[BOOH]
[STUPID JOKE]
[BOOH]

diuretic
11-16-2007, 04:56 AM
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/princess/

The Saudis - the rulers - are, as I said, mediaevalist bastards. I stand by that accusation. The Sauds are not only mediaevalists, they're among the most corrupt regimes on this Earth.

They promote Wahabbism because it suits them. They disobey the tenets of Islam, left, right and bloody centre. Booze, high class prostitutes, gambling - in London and other places, just not in "the Kingdom". The hypocritical bastards use their stewardship of the two holiest places is Islam, Mecca and Medina, to stifle criticism from progressive Muslims.

No, I can't prove any of this, but I know it.

carbonbased
11-16-2007, 05:01 AM
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/princess/

The Saudis - the rulers - are, as I said, mediaevalist bastards. I stand by that accusation. The Sauds are not only mediaevalists, they're among the most corrupt regimes on this Earth.

They promote Wahabbism because it suits them. They disobey the tenets of Islam, left, right and bloody centre. Booze, high class prostitutes, gambling - in London and other places, just not in "the Kingdom". The hypocritical bastards use their stewardship of the two holiest places is Islam, Mecca and Medina, to stifle criticism from progressive Muslims.

No, I can't prove any of this, but I know it.

Yes... and it was actually what you wrote. I just tossed your reply in there... my mistake.

diuretic
11-16-2007, 05:08 AM
Yes... and it was actually what you wrote. I just tossed your reply in there... my mistake.

No problemo. I get annoyed when someone blames "Islam" for cultural ills. I'm not religious but I think I'm able to separate out religious influences from cultural influences when it comes to really bad behaviour. It's not hard, but apparently it annoys some folks who want to recite some sort of "Four Legs Good, Two Legs Bad" mantra.

bullypulpit
11-16-2007, 07:42 AM
remember......tollerance and acceptance......

Tolerance and acceptance stop where harm to another starts, especially for no better reason than religious or political dogma telling one to do so.

Said1
11-16-2007, 08:14 AM
How can that be?
Who benfits from that?
Who is in control?
Can there be other factors (than salvation to the citizens) for the Saudi Arabian dictatorship to keep people from free thought? Power over money?
Where is the opposition?

What similarities between the punishment of this victim and how rape victims in our society might be treated can you find?

Why is it not uncommon for "our" rape victims to not come forward? Shame? For what? For being raped? What tactics might be used by our defense lawyers, come rape cases?

Why is it important for those people to treat this victim so unfair?
Why can't they step back from that specific detail in the law? Wouldn't that be just decent?
Is it perhaps becase they are conservative?
Maybe every little detail must be preserved to keep the larger ideals to fall?

As you can see, this could have been a rather interesting and complex question if not:

"Was Islams punishment religous."

Actually, this topic has been discussed to death many times. Most of here know and understand theocratic societies, in particular, their treatment of women. We don't need to be scolded.

carbonbased
11-16-2007, 08:20 AM
Tolerance and acceptance stop where harm to another starts, especially for no better reason than religious or political dogma telling one to do so.
Is that really the point of where tolerance and acceptance is to stop? I am going to think about that.

Actually, this topic has been discussed to death many times. Most of here know and understand theocratic societies, in particular, their treatment of women. We don't need to be scolded.
Well, I didn't start this thread!

chesswarsnow
11-16-2007, 09:04 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. But, ( I ) *The Great CWN* beg to differ.
2. This ruling is a religious one, not some sort of cultural one.
3. They think they do *Gods* work in beating this women and casting her into jail after getting raped.
4. She caused it by waking up that day.
5. Then she road in a car with ,...errrr,........with a ( man ).
6. Yes that will get you raped! ! ! !
7. Never ride in a car with a,...( man ).
8. I bet she wore a thong under her full length burka too!
9. She was asking for it, the, *Whore*!
10. In the old testament there were many religious folks who were responsible for *Religious Corporal Punishment*.
11. Islam is just carrying on this out dated form of religiosity.
12. All in the name of their prophet, who himself liked little girls to (____________) fill in the blank.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

carbonbased
11-16-2007, 09:15 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. But, ( I ) *The Great CWN* beg to differ.
2. This ruling is a religious one, not some sort of cultural one.
3. They think they do *Gods* work in beating this women and casting her into jail after getting raped.
4. She caused it by waking up that day.
5. Then she road in a car with ,...errrr,........with a ( man ).
6. Yes that will get you raped! ! ! !
7. Never ride in a car with a,...( man ).
8. I bet she wore a thong under her full length burka too!
9. She was asking for it, the, *Whore*!
10. In the old testament there were many religious folks who were responsible for *Religious Corporal Punishment*.
11. Islam is just carrying on this out dated form of religiosity.
12. All in the name of their prophet, who himself liked little girls to (____________) fill in the blank.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Alright, not much more to discuss then except maybe points (numbered lists do have a benefit) 10 to 11:

Are you saying that the followers of Islam has taken over an old testament Christian behaviour that we (Christians) have since then moved away from?

Said1
11-16-2007, 09:17 AM
Is that really the point of where tolerance and acceptance is to stop? I am going to think about that.

Well, I didn't start this thread!

Either did I. SO there. :laugh2:

I also posted something other than what you accused us of, had you bothered to read or ponder it.

carbonbased
11-16-2007, 09:25 AM
Either did I. SO there. :laugh2:

I also posted something other than what you accused us of, had you bothered to read or ponder it.

I didn't exactly mean to accuse you of anything. But I guess I did anyway.

About what you said (the other),
I recognize it and it is a sign of a real problem. I wonder - or think - that all honour related voilence (and perhaps being forced to deny a rape could be called that) comes from the lack of will to assimilate. A bad platform to start with.

chesswarsnow
11-16-2007, 09:42 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. But the Jews had and have the Old Testament.
2. I bet they still do the, *Religious Corporal Punishment* too.
2. To some degree.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Yurt
11-16-2007, 06:33 PM
carbonbased;154563]

Great depth.

I was starting at the carbon base, wasn't sure how high up you were

On the other hand if you where really interested you could try to figure out the real drive behind this.

How can that be?
Who benfits from that?
Who is in control?
Where is the opposition?

Interest? LOOOL. You are need some oxygen with that carbon. This isn't only about Saudi Arabia. Islamic countries support this. Iran supports this, why are you focusing on minutia? You think Islam recognizes "boundries?" You think all muslims accept SA as a valid "country" and their leaders as valid "muslim leaders?" If so, you had better pick up your sunday afternoon interest. :)

Said1
11-16-2007, 06:45 PM
I didn't exactly mean to accuse you of anything. But I guess I did anyway.

About what you said (the other),
I recognize it and it is a sign of a real problem. I wonder - or think - that all honour related voilence (and perhaps being forced to deny a rape could be called that) comes from the lack of will to assimilate. A bad platform to start with.

Ok. Insinuated. Anyway, lets move on.

The university is heavily populated with international students, it's very hard to say why she did what she did. As I said, the incident report was plastered EVERYWHERE. If there was a certain amount of shame associated with what happened her, seeing details of what happened in large print everywhere you turn would be enough for me to want to make all to go away. I'm sure everyone found out who she was and asked questions and so on.

actsnoblemartin
11-16-2007, 08:29 PM
The pc police dont allow anyone to be critical of islam :lol:

Sorry bout that,

8. Read this crap:

"

52 Comments

View larger image

"

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
11-16-2007, 08:58 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But Martin old buddy.:coffee:
2. I just call it like I see it.
3. Islam knows what it is.
4. Its no secret.
5. Islam is in itself a crime against humanity.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

carbonbased
11-19-2007, 03:10 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. But the Jews had and have the Old Testament.
2. I bet they still do the, *Religious Corporal Punishment* too.
2. To some degree.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas
I don't know exactly what you mean. But if you can recognize Islamistic laws being enforced like biblical law were enforced in the past... then conservatives does have something to do with this, don't you agree?

This isn't only about Saudi Arabia. Islamic countries support this. Iran supports this, why are you focusing on minutia? You think Islam recognizes "boundries?" You think all muslims accept SA as a valid "country" and their leaders as valid "muslim leaders?"

Yurt, I didn't quote you as a respond to you, rather as an example to chesswarsnow. He got upset by my short reply, did he also negrep you? Or perhaps you produced the "correct" oneliner?

Regarding your answer here I think you ask relevant questions.

carbonbased
11-19-2007, 03:18 AM
Ok. Insinuated. Anyway, lets move on.

The university is heavily populated with international students, it's very hard to say why she did what she did. As I said, the incident report was plastered EVERYWHERE. If there was a certain amount of shame associated with what happened her, seeing details of what happened in large print everywhere you turn would be enough for me to want to make all to go away. I'm sure everyone found out who she was and asked questions and so on.

I am not sure but a guess would be that her family have put some serious preasure on her. The initial post, punishment of the victim; The same religous and cultural values most certenly lies behind her current situation.
- No you can't confess to have being raped.

Sickening.

diuretic
11-19-2007, 03:49 AM
I am not sure but a guess would be that her family have put some serious preasure on her. The initial post, punishment of the victim; The same religous and cultural values most certenly lies behind her current situation.
- No you can't confess to have being raped.

Sickening.

No, you can't confess to being raped, but it's interesting isn't it? The guilt and shame is pushed to the victim, not the perpetrator. I don't give a toss about cultural issues, that's just wrong.

carbonbased
11-19-2007, 04:03 AM
No, you can't confess to being raped, but it's interesting isn't it? The guilt and shame is pushed to the victim, not the perpetrator. I don't give a toss about cultural issues, that's just wrong.

I think the best remedy are those big shining lights. Like the university that Said1 mentioned. The honour related voilence can't stand light since it is dependant on secrecy.

diuretic
11-19-2007, 04:11 AM
I think the best remedy are those big shining lights. Like the university that Said1 mentioned. The honour related voilence can't stand light since it is dependant on secrecy.

And a big hammer, best tool to smash superstition and mythology.

5stringJeff
11-19-2007, 05:51 AM
I don't know exactly what you mean. But if you can recognize Islamistic laws being enforced like biblical law were enforced in the past... then conservatives does have something to do with this, don't you agree?

It's extremely disingenuous to try and plaster the label "conservative" on these actions. There is no support for rapists or punishing rape victims in the American definition of conservatism. The issue is with Saudi's laws, which are based, at least in part, on Wahabbi Islam.

carbonbased
11-19-2007, 06:27 AM
It's extremely disingenuous to try and plaster the label "conservative" on these actions. There is no support for rapists or punishing rape victims in the American definition of conservatism. The issue is with Saudi's laws, which are based, at least in part, on Wahabbi Islam.

Yes, I know what you mean. But the conservative label really says nothing about what you would like to conserve. The islamists behind those actions (of course) has nothing to do with American conservatives.

Abbey Marie
11-19-2007, 11:57 AM
Whether cultural, religious, or both, it is common for Islamic men to blame women for being sexually appealling to them. Hence the burqas and veils. And all the crazy laws that keep females from being seen in public or being with men to whom they are not related. It seems that many Arab men have great difficulty controlling their sexual urges, and it therefore becomes the woman's burden to hide and cover herself so the poor guy won't lose it. And when their own lack of control ends up in some sort of physical violence, they will seek any way possible to blame the woman. Filthy bastards.

chesswarsnow
11-22-2007, 09:18 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. This story is still getting traction.
2. The outrage is growing.
3. I wonder if the girl got the lashes yet?
4. And if so was it filmed?
5. This kind of punishment to the victim, is insane.:coffee:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Gaffer
11-22-2007, 10:04 AM
The islamists in this story are not conservatives, they are fundamentalists. They take their religion literally. In islam women are not considered a full person. This sort of victim abuse is standard policy throughout the muslim world. This is just one case being brought to light.

It's another example of the evil of islam.

chesswarsnow
11-22-2007, 10:35 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Where is moon boy Jafar when you want a *Evil Muslim*, to kick around???
2. Y'all ran him off, and he is too scared to come back.
3. Licking his 'dog'ma wounds.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

carbonbased
11-26-2007, 09:32 AM
I am going to disect this post. It has a nice mixture of facs, fear, propaganda and hate in it. Nicely wrapped up and packaged too.

Lets see...

The islamists in this story are not conservatives, they are fundamentalists.
Allright, the islamists in this story now... who are they? Abdul Rahman al-Lahem? King Abdullah? The rapists? No, not the first two for sure. King Abdullah is smarter than that, he enjoys life. And the lawyer was banned from court so he is probably not a fundamentalist. Hardly the rapists either. So it must be the others. The judges are the islamists in this story?
"The Saudi Arbaian judges are fundamentalists" Okay. They can still be conservatives in the overall context. Perhaps you just thought fundamentalist sounded "worse"? Or is it perhaps so that the word conservative has a legimit sounding, not to be used in the same context as Islam and muslims. Does it make them too human-like?

They take their religion literally.
So does alot of people. From various religions. Why is this needed here? Is it to describe a fundamentalist? In that case it falls short. A fundamentalist doesn't necessarlity take his religion literally. He would however accept no argument from anyone not in line with his belief. His religion cannot be questioned and it will be the base upon wich he makes any desicion.

In islam women are not considered a full person. It is not uncommon anywhere. Or at any time. "In islam" is a quite broad definition too. What do you mean? The Quran? What do you mean by full person? This is a minefield. Even today. Even here. Still it is a fact about Islam and others, not very specific though.

This sort of victim abuse is standard policy throughout the muslim world.
This is an exaggeration. Also it is vague. "This sort of victim abuse"? What sort? And what abuse? The punishment was due to the strict interpretaion of a religous law. That is not the case throughout the muslim world. It is vague and it implies that we should all fear this from all muslims.

This is just one case being brought to light.
This is absolutley true.

It's another example of the evil of islam.
It is another example of alot of things. By choosing it to be nothing more than the evil of islam you manage to further widen the gap between "them and us". You decide that all followers of islam stand behind this evil, unfair and cruel punishment.

To conclude this message of yours:
1. Use another name for them, something we don't call eachother.
(Classic dehumanisation)

2. Make this an example of how "they" all are or would like to be.
3. Add some other bad attributes to them (avoid any comparison!)
(Add fear)

4. Add a fact to make everything credible.

5. Keep repeating the slogan.