Kathianne
11-15-2007, 12:53 PM
Talk about 'not too bright'...

http://www.abcnews.go.com/Politics/Vote2008/story?id=3866786&page=1

Pardon Me?
Hillary Clinton Takes Cash From Recipients of Husband's Controversial Pardons
By JAKE TAPPER

Nov. 15, 2007 —

Three recipients of controversial 11th-hour pardons issued by former President Bill Clinton in January 2001 have donated thousands of dollars to the presidential campaign of his wife, Democratic front-runner Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-N.Y., according to campaign finance records examined by ABC News, in what some good government groups said created an appearance of impropriety.

"It's not illegal," Melanie Sloan, executive director of Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, told ABC News. "But, of course, it's inappropriate and she should return the money. It does raise the appearance that this is payback.

"One can only hope that she wasn't yet aware of who made the donations," said Sloan.

"We have raised over $65 million from over 200,000 people," said Clinton campaign manager Howard Wolfson, adding sarcastically, "I appreciate your bringing the instance of this $5,300 and these three people to our attention."

... Oh and her campaign manager made a HUGE mistake with that sarcasm.

chesswarsnow
11-15-2007, 02:29 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But,GOTCHA!

2. If her campaign is doing this, then expect more of the same, from all angles.
3. Talk about corrutped!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

theHawk
11-15-2007, 03:01 PM
Hey look on the bright side, maybe Hitlery will give a blanket Presidential pardon to all Islamic terrorists just like Carter did for Vietnam draft dodgers.

By the way, was one of the donations from Marc Rich? Though of course in his case he already pre-paid his B.J. Clinton pardon through campaign contributions. Funny how libs just don't give a damn.

glockmail
11-15-2007, 03:08 PM
Hey look on the bright side, maybe Hitlery will give a blanket Presidential pardon to all Islamic terrorists just like Carter did for Vietnam draft dodgers.

By the way, was one of the donations from Marc Rich? Though of course in his case he already pre-paid his B.J. Clinton pardon through campaign contributions. Funny how libs just don't give a damn. Who here does not believe that Bill Clinton was getting head from Rich's ex-wife?

Hagbard Celine
11-15-2007, 03:43 PM
Talk about 'not too bright'...

http://www.abcnews.go.com/Politics/Vote2008/story?id=3866786&page=1

Oh and her campaign manager made a HUGE mistake with that sarcasm.

BS. He's rightfully irked. $5300 is piss droplets in the warchest of a presidential candidate. If not for the tireless efforts of reporters trying to find dirt to sell papers and get ratings digging through each and every name and number on the list of thousands of her donors, it never would've even been found. It's a non-issue as well in the fact that there's no way Hillary herself could've known that these guys sent her money--she has a clerical staff handling donations. Are you guys naive enough to actually believe that Hillary is sitting up late at night by lamplight writing personal thankyou cards to the thousands of people who donate to her?

Hagbard Celine
11-15-2007, 03:44 PM

By the way, was one of the donations from Marc Rich? Though of course in his case he already pre-paid his B.J. Clinton pardon through campaign contributions. Funny how libs just don't give a damn.

Yes. That's realistic thinking. Thank you for that insight.

Monkeybone
11-15-2007, 03:46 PM
not that i like Hillary, but who cares if they gave her money? and if it is a thank you/or a payback.....oh well. if it was over a couple mil, then there might be something fishy. but again, in the end.....oh well. was there anything illegal about what they did?

Kathianne
11-15-2007, 03:47 PM
not that i like Hillary, but who cares if they gave her money? and if it is a thank you/or a payback.....oh well. if it was over a couple mil, then there might be something fishy. but again, in the end.....oh well. was there anything illegal about what they did?

Unethical, yes. Illegal? No. They couldn't give millions, I think the top amount allowed is like $2600.

Monkeybone
11-15-2007, 03:48 PM
is it unethical becuase of the pardon?

darin
11-15-2007, 03:54 PM
Howard Woflson is a pretentious, self-righteous prick.

Kathianne
11-15-2007, 04:08 PM
is it unethical becuase of the pardon?

Appearances of quid pro quo, never good.

Monkeybone
11-15-2007, 04:23 PM
ok, i understand where you are coming from. and i agree with you. but then again at the same time, unless they agree and suppsort, it could be a thank you. would you just wanna write someone off that did that big of a 'favor' for you? in the totally most innocent way i can put it.

hjmick
11-15-2007, 04:38 PM

I may be wrong but I believe the Rich pardon was bought with a large contribution to the Clinton Presidential Library.

As far as the donations in question, while not illegal and questionably ethical, they are undoubtably unseemly.

Kathianne
11-15-2007, 04:56 PM
ok, i understand where you are coming from. and i agree with you. but then again at the same time, unless they agree and suppsort, it could be a thank you. would you just wanna write someone off that did that big of a 'favor' for you? in the totally most innocent way i can put it.

Considering the pardons were basically sold from the beginning, hardly seems necessary, a note would have been above reproach, if they were so inclined.

manu1959
11-15-2007, 04:59 PM
I may be wrong but I believe the Rich pardon was bought with a large contribution to the Clinton Presidential Library.

As far as the donations in question, while not illegal and questionably ethical, they are undoubtably unseemly.

you are correct.....he also used to do business with iran...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Rich

i am tellin ya the clintons set up the current admin......

glockmail
11-15-2007, 05:52 PM
BS. He's rightfully irked. $5300 is piss droplets in the warchest of a presidential candidate. If not for the tireless efforts of reporters trying to find dirt to sell papers and get ratings digging through each and every name and number on the list of thousands of her donors, it never would've even been found. It's a non-issue as well in the fact that there's no way Hillary herself could've known that these guys sent her money--she has a clerical staff handling donations. Are you guys naive enough to actually believe that Hillary is sitting up late at night by lamplight writing personal thankyou cards to the thousands of people who donate to her?

Her staff can't be bothered to look at 5300 of several millon but we need to trust her with 1/7 of the US economy with HillaryCare? :poke:

Little-Acorn
11-16-2007, 12:13 PM
"One can only hope that she wasn't yet aware of who made the donations," said Sloan.

The siren song of the Democrats: They can only look good through ignorance and lack of awareness.

What does that tell you about their agenda?