PDA

View Full Version : Polish love for an American President

Sitarro
02-10-2007, 02:52 AM
Looks like the Polish people understand the greatness of our former President much better than most of the leftist idiots in this country.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2007/02/09/070209181018.i9acjrf8.html

Soviet monument to make way for Reagan: report

Feb 09 1:10 PM US/Eastern

Opponents of Poland's former communist regime reportedly want to pay a posthumous homage to US President Ronald Reagan by erecting his statue in the place of a Soviet-era monument.
In an open letter to the mayor of the southwestern city of Katowice, the former anti-regime activists said that the staunchly anti-communist Reagan had been a "symbol of liberty," the Polish news agency PAP reported.

As a result, they said, he deserved to become the centrepiece of the city's Freedom Square, replacing a monument to the Soviet troops who drove out the occupying Nazis in 1945.

They also said that they wanted the site to be rebaptised "Ronald Reagan Freedom Square."

City hall spokesman Waldemar Bojarun said that Katowice's councillors would consider the issue.

Bojarun said that he had "enormous respect" for Reagan.

However, he said, the proposal could cost an estimated 500,000 zlotys (128,000 euros, 168,000 dollars) and the city had "other pressing needs."

There are already separate plans to erect a statue in memory of Reagan in the centre of the Polish capital, Warsaw, which would be paid-for from private funds.

Reagan, who dubbed the Soviet Union an "evil empire," is widely credited by Poles with having driven communism to the wall.

The conservative Republican made fighting communism the cornerstone of his 1980-1988 presidency, and backed Poland's Solidarity trade union after it went underground when the regime declared martial law in 1981.

Reagan died in June 2004 at the age of 93.

Ado
02-10-2007, 03:19 AM
They can let the mental patients sleep there.

stephanie
02-10-2007, 03:49 AM

They recognize a great human being and a great President of the United States when they see one...

Bites ya all...Doesn't it....

Good for these people to recognize Ronald Reagan as he was...:thumb:

Ado
02-10-2007, 03:56 AM
They recognize a great human being and a great President of the United States when they see one...

Bites ya all...Doesn't it....

Good for these people to recognize Ronald Reagan as he was...:thumb:

No, it doesn't bite me. I just figure they have no taste.

stephanie
02-10-2007, 04:06 AM
No, it doesn't bite me. I just figure they have no taste.

More taste than you, it seems..
I would believe them more than you...
You weren't there to live what they did...
So I'll take their word on it..

:cheers2:To the good people of this city....

Ado
02-10-2007, 11:41 AM
More taste than you, it seems..
I would believe them more than you...
You weren't there to live what they did...
So I'll take their word on it..

:cheers2:To the good people of this city....

If you read more objective history,
you'll see that we are obsessed with
memorializing presidents, not truth in
advertising. People in other places buy into the
sensationalism because they have nothing
and need a good story. It is easy to sell
America's successes the other people
in the world who know nothing but worse
hardship. It makes us feel good, without
having to focus on what we need to improve here,
and what truth has been lost in history.

One good thing about Bill Clinton's history,
is that it is probably the most truthful profile
of all the presidents. The rest is all whitewashed.

Hobbit
02-10-2007, 12:40 PM
Reagan made the final push to topple the Soviets in a time when many people had decided to accept the fact that they'd always be there. The Polish people were one of the greatest benefactors of the fall of the Iron Curtain. Thus, the Reagan Memorial.

Hagbard Celine
02-10-2007, 12:52 PM

Yes! You are awesome.

Hagbard Celine
02-10-2007, 12:54 PM
Reagan made the final push to topple the Soviets in a time when many people had decided to accept the fact that they'd always be there. The Polish people were one of the greatest benefactors of the fall of the Iron Curtain. Thus, the Reagan Memorial.

Also true. Every coin has two sides.

Hobbit
02-10-2007, 12:57 PM
Also true. Every coin has two sides.

Poland was also one of the first countries to agree to commit troops to Iraq when we announced we were going in. Poland has become one of our most faithful allies since the collapse of the Soviet Union.

Hagbard Celine
02-10-2007, 12:59 PM
Poland was also one of the first countries to agree to commit troops to Iraq when we announced we were going in. Poland has become one of our most faithful allies since the collapse of the Soviet Union.

Yeah right. The 50 troops they offered up has helped out a lot. :laugh: They're stationed with the brigade from the Fiji islands! :lmao:

Hobbit
02-10-2007, 01:13 PM
Yeah right. The 50 troops they offered up has helped out a lot. :laugh: They're stationed with the brigade from the Fiji islands! :lmao:

I didn't say powerful. I mean, come on. They had to be a sattellite of the Soviets for decades, and before that, they were a speed bump for European superpowers. I said faithful. As in, they'll help us if they can, every time.

manu1959
02-10-2007, 01:15 PM

yes because only mental patients would want to be free....from the control of either hitler or stalin....two of the greater more compasinate leaders in the history of the world....

manu1959
02-10-2007, 01:17 PM
If you read more objective history,
you'll see that we are obsessed with
memorializing presidents, not truth in
advertising. People in other places buy into the
sensationalism because they have nothing
and need a good story. It is easy to sell
America's successes the other people
in the world who know nothing but worse
hardship. It makes us feel good, without
having to focus on what we need to improve here,
and what truth has been lost in history.

One good thing about Bill Clinton's history,
is that it is probably the most truthful profile
of all the presidents. The rest is all whitewashed.

yes i hear they are going to erect a staute of him just outside the train station in amsterdam..................i also hear that everyone will have to kneel to pay their respects

manu1959
02-10-2007, 01:18 PM

the french surrendered before the war ever started....at least the polish have balls

KarlMarx
02-10-2007, 02:36 PM
You see everyone, many who lambast Reagan weren't around for Solidarity, Lech Walesa, Pope John Paul II and how they stood up to General Jaruzelski. That was the first crack in the wall, so to speak.

They don't appreciate that Pope John Paul II was targetted by the KGB for assassination.

Yes, they don't remember how people died trying to cross the Berlin Wall over to freedom,and all the dissidents like Solzhenitsyn, Andrei Sakharov that Reagan helped to free.

And what did Reagan's predecessor do? You know, what's his name, Mr Rogers with the peanut farm... yeah, him, Jimmy Carter. First there was his policy of detente, let the Soviets do their thing and we'll contain Communism, in gratitude the Soviets invaded Afghanistan, so what did Carter do? He boycotted the Olympics. That was effective!

No, Reagan took the right approach to Communism. The Soviets went from invading countries to imploding in a little over 9 years, thanks to Reagan.

Ado
02-10-2007, 10:17 PM
yes i hear they are going to erect a staute of him just outside the train station in amsterdam..................i also hear that everyone will have to kneel to pay their respects

free cigars too, I hear.

Ado
02-10-2007, 10:22 PM
yes because only mental patients would want to be free....from the control of either hitler or stalin....two of the greater more compasinate leaders in the history of the world....

Oh I don't begrudge their choice. But if you read other accounts,
not American, Reagan was not as responsible for the wall coming down,
as is advertised in the states. He was funny, I'll give him that--rare
for a Republican.

stephanie
02-10-2007, 10:23 PM
free cigars too, I hear.

:eek: You DO have a sense of humor...
Wasn't sure...

:laugh:

Gaffer
02-10-2007, 11:56 PM
Oh I don't begrudge their choice. But if you read other accounts,
not American, Reagan was not as responsible for the wall coming down,
as is advertised in the states. He was funny, I'll give him that--rare
for a Republican.

Depends on what other accounts you read. Reagan taking the stance he did made it posible for the soviet satelite countries to break away. His tough talk and build up of the military cause the soviets to go bankrupt. He was not alone in bringing down the soviets, but was one of the main causes. Poland with encouragement from Reagan took matters into their own hands.

stephanie
02-11-2007, 04:29 AM
These people are so friggin jealous...That President Reagan was so loved, and it was shown on TV when he was being buried...
And that the Polish people want to recognize him...
That they don't care if they tell the citizens of Poland, (what are you, stupid)
Sad really...

They try to tear down Reagan...
But they CANT.....

Their so jealous of a Republican President being honored and a Statue being made of him...

The Green eyed monster......bites....

KarlMarx
02-11-2007, 11:11 AM
I'm glad the Poles decide to erect a statue of Reagan instead of Clinton.

Today they merely erected an image of Reagan. To honor Clinton they would have had to erect an erection of Clinton.

Talk about dodging a bullet! Ooooooh, did I say something that could have been taken the wrong way?

Reagan freed millions from oppression behind the Iron Curtain, Clinton freed many from virginity behind closed doors.

Yes sir, Clinton, our chief erected officer!

Sitarro
02-11-2007, 06:48 PM
I'm glad the Poles decide to erect a statue of Reagan instead of Clinton.

Today they merely erected an image of Reagan. To honor Clinton they would have had to erect an erection of Clinton.

Talk about dodging a bullet! Ooooooh, did I say something that could have been taken the wrong way?

Reagan freed millions from oppression behind the Iron Curtain, Clinton freed many from virginity behind closed doors.

Yes sir, Clinton, our chief erected officer!

When I was in Ireland, photographing Doonbeg Golf Club, one of the locals told me about a bronze of Clinton at Ballybunion Golf Club(they actually believe the story Clinton told them about his Irish roots). During the Monica flap someone added a banana below the waist of the bronze, the mental picture is pretty funny except for remembering that this clown was our President.

I just researched it and it turns out it is in front of a police station a few miles from the course, the only statue in the world supposedly of this asswipe.

stephanie
02-11-2007, 06:55 PM
When I was in Ireland, photographing Doonbeg Golf Club, one of the locals told me about a bronze of Clinton at Ballybunion Golf Club(they actually believe the story Clinton told them about his Irish roots). During the Monica flap someone added a banana below the waist of the bronze, the mental picture is pretty funny except for remembering that this clown was our President.

I just researched it and it turns out it is in front of a police station a few miles from the course, the only statue in the world supposedly of this asswipe.

Fitting it should be of him playing golf...
I heard he didn't do that too well, either...:cow:
:boobies: