PDA

View Full Version : Digg and Del.icio.us submissions

jimnyc
02-10-2007, 05:12 AM
You will now notice underneath a users rep points 2 new buttons. One is for Digg.com and the other for Del.icio.us

If you find a fantastic post/thread worthy of submitting, click on the button and it will take you to the site for submission. You will need an account at either site to perform the submission, but they are free.

Register for Digg here: http://www.digg.com/register

Register for Del.icio.us here: https://secure.del.icio.us/register

The posting member, or the accumulation of all posters in the thread, will receive further recognition by having the thread posted elsewhere for more than just this community to see. Additionally, this is a great way to form backlinks to this site and has a great chance of gaining additional viewers or new registrations.

Doubtful that a thread or post from a forum would ever be strong enough to reach the front page of Digg, but rumor has it that you can expect up to an additional 30k visitors the day it does go that far! Even lesser pages are good though, and it would be nice to receive extra recognition for a great post, and even better if it would help get us some new participants.

CockySOB
02-10-2007, 10:10 AM
Still, an excellent addition to the board!

darin
02-10-2007, 10:40 AM
Not keen on installing stuff into my Internet browser - but 'cool features' Jim :D

jimnyc
02-10-2007, 11:04 AM
Not keen on installing stuff into my Internet browser - but 'cool features' Jim :D

Although I think Digg offers an addition as a toolbar, no installs are necessary to register and utilize the features!

jimnyc
02-10-2007, 11:05 AM
Or with del.icio.us!

jimnyc
02-10-2007, 11:07 AM

BTW - It does tell you that you need to install the buttons on delicious, but that's only for convenience for their social bookmarking site. Since we supply the buttons themselves here on the board, it's not necessary to have anything on your machine.