PDA

View Full Version : Kerry and Pickens: Cool

Kathianne
11-16-2007, 06:32 PM
I can't wait for the official Kerry response.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071116/ap_on_re_us/kerry_swift_boat

Kerry vows to disprove Swift boat claims

By GLEN JOHNSON, Associated Press Writer2 hours, 52 minutes ago

Sen. John Kerry, whose 2004 presidential campaign was torpedoed by critics of his Vietnam War record, said Friday he has personally accepted a Texas oilman's offer to pay $1 million to anyone who can disprove even a single charge of the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth.

In a letter to T. Boone Pickens, the Massachusetts Democrat wrote: "While I am prepared to show they lied on allegation after allegation, you have generously offered to pay one million dollars for just one thing that can be proven false. I am prepared to prove the lie beyond any reasonable doubt."

Kerry, a Navy veteran and former prosecutor, said he was willing to present his case directly to Pickens, who provided $3 million to bankroll the group during Kerry's race against President Bush.

Kerry said he would donate any proceeds to the Paralyzed Veterans of America.

The senator said Pickens issued the challenge Nov. 6 in Washington, while serving as chairman of a 40th anniversary gala for American Spectator magazine...

Gaffer
11-18-2007, 09:14 PM
Don't think I will hold my breath for this. I'm sure there will be some sort of excuse given why he can't produce the truth.