PDA

View Full Version : Funny... I Rarely Ever See Any Of These "New Members" Listed Post Anything...

Pale Rider
11-17-2007, 03:36 AM
What are they signing up for if they never post? I mean look at all the new names in the upper right hand corner of the board, and then tell me if you've ever seen them post anything. They don't, for the most part.

What do they join for?

red states rule
11-17-2007, 06:33 AM
What are they signing up for if they never post? I mean look at all the new names in the upper right hand corner of the board, and then tell me if you've ever seen them post anything. They don't, for the most part.

What do they join for?

Maybe the liberal posters are on a recruiting drive like the Dems were in 04 with "Rock the Vote"

They signed up a lot of people, but they did not vote on Election day

jimnyc
11-17-2007, 07:13 AM
Happens all the time, and on most forum based sites. A lot of guests seem to think when first arriving here that they must register in order to view all the content. I had over 750+ users at one point pruned from my last board that were "zero posters".

hjmick
11-17-2007, 11:52 AM
The one I'm waiting to see is "teh debater," I hope whoever they are debates better than they type. LOL

82Marine89
11-17-2007, 11:56 AM
I post of 5 different forums. On three of them I am in the minority. I have registered on at least 10 other forums to protect my screen name and keep folks that don't like me from posting as me.

April15
11-17-2007, 02:51 PM
As conservative as this site is I can see why many do not post. Don't get me wrong but there are way more conservative sites out there. This is a mellow conservative site. I come mostly to see how silly conservative thought is. And to aggravate them with even sillier replies.

Joan
11-17-2007, 03:37 PM
I feel a little too stupid to put it mildly in posting in the upper section. I rarely follow political issues. I was only active in 2 in my entire life. The first one was when I was working for the republican party giving out "I Like Ike" buttons. I actually got to meet him. I have almost always voted for the candidate, not the party, except for JFK. My mind was made up for me when I was in Church (Catholic) one Sunday, and the priest actually announced, "I expect each and every one of you to vote for JFK - we need a Catholic President. So of course I voted Republican. As for a lot of the other issues, I'm not that familiar with, and don't want to be looked upon as stupid. I also go against my sons and stand up for most - not all - blacks. Three of my dearest friends are black, and this friendship has lasted almost 30 years. OCA will kick me for this one, I also believe in live and let live as far as homosexuality is concerned. But I'm not afraid of OCA! (Or my sons). Jimmy calls me Al - short for alzheimers, and John calls me Codger - I don't get no respect! I also feel that if I post something up there no one will respond to it knowing I'm Jim's mom. Trust me, he will NOT stand up for me if he thinks I'm nuts!!

manu1959
11-17-2007, 03:44 PM
I feel a little too stupid to put it mildly in posting in the upper section. I rarely follow political issues. I was only active in 2 in my entire life. The first one was when I was working for the republican party giving out "I Like Ike" buttons. I actually got to meet him. I have almost always voted for the candidate, not the party, except for JFK. My mind was made up for me when I was in Church (Catholic) one Sunday, and the priest actually announced, "I expect each and every one of you to vote for JFK - we need a Catholic President. So of course I voted Republican. As for a lot of the other issues, I'm not that familiar with, and don't want to be looked upon as stupid. I also go against my sons and stand up for most - not all - blacks. Three of my dearest friends are black, and this friendship has lasted almost 30 years. OCA will kick me for this one, I also believe in live and let live as far as homosexuality is concerned. But I'm not afraid of OCA! (Or my sons). Jimmy calls me Al - short for alzheimers, and John calls me Codger - I don't get no respect! I also feel that if I post something up there no one will respond to it knowing I'm Jim's mom. Trust me, he will NOT stand up for me if he thinks I'm nuts!!

all i can tell you is your opinion is welcome....and if you can express it as you just have i would tell your sons and oca to stuff it and let er rip......trust there are plenty of people postin in the upper half that are several sandwiches short of a picnic.....

Kathianne
11-17-2007, 03:47 PM

I'm with Manu, Joan. Go at it! If those sons of yours pick on you, well let's just say you have Manu and myself on your side! :laugh2: I know we appear docile, but don't let that fool you. ;)

truthmatters
11-17-2007, 03:50 PM

Damn girl everytime you post I like you more and more!

Im glad to hear those boys love a moderate. Its wierd but even with all the abuse they hand out there is just something about these handsome young men I cant help but like. It must be the part of you they carry with them.

hjmick
11-17-2007, 03:58 PM

Im glad to hear those boys love a moderate. Its wierd but even with all the abuse they hand out there is just something about these handsome young men I cant help but like. It must be the part of you they carry with them.

Either that or you're just a masochist, TM. :D

manu1959
11-17-2007, 04:00 PM

i knew it.....you are eddie haskell!

Kathianne
11-17-2007, 04:06 PM
i knew it.....you are eddie haskell!

:laugh2:

truthmatters
11-17-2007, 04:18 PM
Either that or you're just a masochist, TM. :D

Naw its just hard for me to give up on people.

Pale Rider
11-17-2007, 04:30 PM
Happens all the time, and on most forum based sites. A lot of guests seem to think when first arriving here that they must register in order to view all the content. I had over 750+ users at one point pruned from my last board that were "zero posters".

We're rackin' 'em up here too. Isn't there a bot that can join boards?

mrg666
11-17-2007, 04:54 PM
We're rackin' 'em up here too. Isn't there a bot that can join boards?

the bots normaly do it to spam , or actually gain something

Abbey Marie
11-17-2007, 08:01 PM

Joan, just read some of the stuff that gets posted "up there". You will quickly see that you have nothing to worry about! :)

Yurt
11-17-2007, 08:30 PM
Joan, just read some of the stuff that gets posted "up there". You will quickly see that you have nothing to worry about! :)

that is actually true Joan. but don't feel too bad or shy, my wife "Yarn", will not post here for basically the same reason. I actually got her to register, but she feels like you. its all good though. whatever you feel comfortable with.

TBO, she felt uncomfortable because she was posting as Yurt's wife. I told her she could create her own "id", but she did not want to. For some, typing on a board is a big thing. Their words are sort of memoralized. I write stuff all day, so no biggie for me. But she doesn't. So that is ok. You'll post what you want and won't post when you don't.

:)