PDA

View Full Version : More Liberal Lunacy

red states rule
02-10-2007, 06:39 AM
Not Just Cell Phones

Vermont legislators want drivers to keep their eyes on the road. They're considering a ban not just on cellphones... but also on eating, drinking, smoking, reading, writing, personal grooming, playing an instrument, or interacting with pets or cargo while driving. Violators would face a fine of up to $600.

Representative Thomas Koch, who sponsored the bill, drew from his own experience, saying, quote, "...somebody opposite me was trying to navigate around the corner with a cell phone... in one hand and a cigarette in the other , and she wasn't doing very well."

If the bill passes, you won't be able to comb your hair, pet your dog, or drink coffee... much less play the flugelhorn... while driving.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,251241,00.html

Hagbard Celine
02-10-2007, 11:05 AM
Is it even possible to play an instrument while driving?:lol:

Ado
02-10-2007, 11:13 AM
80% of accidents happen because people are not
driving when they drive.

80%!

that is no small number. It's not a small
number if it your wife, your kid, your mother,
you father or siblings.

Not to mention that the rest of us have
to keeping paying more because people
have no common sense.

If you can't drive and focus on it,
then your license should be revoked.

It is no different than drunk driving if
80% of accidents are as as result of
doing other things.

I swear you people are ridiculous with
your hatred of the left. You have no regard
for the citizens of this country and the actions
of irresponsible people.

80% of accidents!
and it is preventable

red states rule
02-10-2007, 11:18 AM
Is it even possible to play an instrument while driving?:lol:

Well, when Bill is with Monica

But this kook lib wnats to tell you cannot drink your coffee or smoke on your wat to work in the morning

The Democrat party wants to be the Mommy and Daddy party - and the fools who vote Democrat will stand by and let them try

trobinett
02-10-2007, 02:27 PM
Oh good, more laws................

red states rule
02-10-2007, 02:35 PM
Oh good, more laws................

Do you mean these?

WASHINGTON DC DEMOCRAT HUNTING REGULATIONS AND BAG LIMITS GENERAL
1. Any person with a valid Washington DC hunting license or a Federal Income Tax Return may harvest Democrats.
2. Taking of Democrats with traps or deadfalls is permitted. The use of currency as bait is prohibited.
3. Killing of Democrats with a vehicle is prohibited. If one is accidentally struck, remove the dead Democrat to side of the road and proceed to the nearest car wash.
4. It is unlawful to chase, herd, or harvest Democrats from limousines, Mercedes Benz's, the Metro, or Porsches.
5. It shall be unlawful to shout "pork barrel" or "free social programs" for the purpose of trapping Democrats.
6. It shall be unlawful to hunt Democrats within 100 feet of government buildings.
7. It shall be unlawful to use decision memos, draft legislation, conference reports, or RFP's to attract Democrats.
8. It shall be unlawful to hunt Democrats within 200 feet of Senate or House hearing rooms, libraries, whorehouses, massage parlors, special interest group offices, bars, or strip joints.
9. If an Democrat is elected to government office, it shall be a felony to hunt, trap, or possess it. It will also be a shame.
10. Stuffed or mounted Democrats must have a DC Health Department inspection certificate for rabies and vermin.
11. It shall be illegal for a hunter to disguise him or her self as a reporter, drug dealer, pimp, female congressional aide, male congressional aide, sheep, legislator, policy maker, bookie, lobbyist, or tax accountant for the purpose of hunting Democrats.

Gaffer
02-11-2007, 12:05 AM
driving when they drive.

80%!

you father or siblings.

have no common sense.

doing other things.

of irresponsible people.

80% of accidents!
and it is preventable

So what other controls would you recommend putting on society to protect it from itself? Sounds like you just love the idea of big daddy looking over your shoulder.

manu1959
02-11-2007, 12:07 AM
driving when they drive.

80%!

you father or siblings.

have no common sense.

doing other things.

of irresponsible people.

80% of accidents!
and it is preventable

if we would just make cares illeagal.....then there would be no accidents

Ado
02-11-2007, 01:23 AM
if we would just make cares illeagal.....then there would be no accidents

That's not necessary if people would take
responsibility for focusing their attention
where it belongs.

stephanie
02-11-2007, 03:43 AM
That's not necessary if people would take
responsibility for focusing their attention
where it belongs.

:clap: :gay:

Ado
02-11-2007, 03:59 AM
:clap: :gay:

http://www.freeforum101.com/forum/images/smiles/pinkygirly.gif

Abbey Marie
02-11-2007, 10:14 AM
driving when they drive.

80%!

you father or siblings.

have no common sense.

doing other things.

of irresponsible people.

80% of accidents!
and it is preventable

So you must be in favor of revealing the names of people who are HIV-positive to those they are in contact with. It would save lives, and "it is preventable". It would also prove that you have "regard for the citiizens of this country and the actions of irresponsible people".

red states rule
02-11-2007, 10:23 AM
What is next from the liberal kooks? Will they vist our home to inspect what food we have in our kitchen? Will they inspect to see what sharp objects are laying aorund?

Once again, libs run around believeing the masses are to stupid to think for themselfs and to run their own lives

Mr. P
02-11-2007, 10:43 AM
What is next from the liberal kooks? Will they vist our home to inspect what food we have in our kitchen? Will they inspect to see what sharp objects are laying aorund?

Once again, libs run around believeing the masses are to stupid to think for themselfs and to run their own lives

Many are but they have a drivers license. Are you in danger because some twit puts her make-up on at 65 mph in rush hour?

red states rule
02-11-2007, 10:48 AM
Many are but they have a drivers license. Are you in danger because some twit puts her make-up on at 65 mph in rush hour?

I believe there ae laws covering reckless driving. Another things libs foget about is to enforce the laws we have on the books

Of cousre, libs live for passing more meaningless laws and taking bows before the TV cameras on how they "care" and "solved" another crisis

Mr. P
02-11-2007, 11:00 AM
I believe there ae laws covering reckless driving. Another things libs foget about is to enforce the laws we have on the books

Of cousre, libs live for passing more meaningless laws and taking bows before the TV cameras on how they "care" and "solved" another crisis

True, is applying make-up covered in the current definition of 'reckless' driving?

You really should be allowed to do whatever you want while hurling 3000 plus lbs of metal down a public highway, it's your 'right', right? Wrong.

red states rule
02-11-2007, 11:03 AM
True, is applying make-up covered in the current definition of 'reckless' driving?

You really should be allowed to do whatever you want while hurling 3000 plus lbs of metal down a public highway, it's your 'right', right? Wrong.

If you are in an accident, it would be called reckless driving. Of course, libs are not interested in the safety of the people - they want the money from fines the state will take in

Much like seat belt laws, they do not give a damn about protecting you. They do care about taking more of your money

Mr. P
02-11-2007, 11:14 AM
If you are in an accident, it would be called reckless driving. Of course, libs are not interested in the safety of the people - they want the money from fines the state will take in

Much like seat belt laws, they do not give a damn about protecting you. They do care about taking more of your money

Do you wear a seat belt? Why or why not?

red states rule
02-11-2007, 11:16 AM
Do you wear a seat belt? Why or why not?

I do not. I find it very uncomfortable. I have across my chest but not latched. The cops see the strap so they do not stop me

Of course the libs said the police would not stop you ONLY for not wearing a seat belt - now they do.

It is all about the money

Mr. P
02-11-2007, 11:38 AM
I do not. I find it very uncomfortable. I have across my chest but not latched. The cops see the strap so they do not stop me

Of course the libs said the police would not stop you ONLY for not wearing a seat belt - now they do.

It is all about the money

Ya know a chest tube is way more uncomfortable than a seat belt. Ever had one?

red states rule
02-11-2007, 11:41 AM
Ya know a chest tube is way more uncomfortable than a seat belt. Ever had one?

Yes, lets all be good little sheep and do whatever the government tells us. If you are one of the suckers in VT, you will not be able to drink your coffee or smoke IN YOUR CAR on the way to work

I say again, it is about the money. That is all libs care about with this insane law

Mr. P
02-11-2007, 11:51 AM
Yes, lets all be good little sheep and do whatever the government tells us. If you are one of the suckers in VT, you will not be able to drink your coffee or smoke IN YOUR CAR on the way to work

I say again, it is about the money. That is all libs care about with this insane law

Ok it's all about money. How about this, no fines, but if you break a law your license is revoked. That's not about money.

red states rule
02-11-2007, 11:53 AM
Ok it's all about money. How about this, no fines, but if you break a law your license is revoked. That's not about money.

So you have no problem with the government telling you you can't drink, smoke, or eat while you are driving in your own car

What is next? No talking to your passengers? No listening to the radio or CD player?

You give the libs an inch they will take 50 miles

Mr. P
02-11-2007, 11:57 AM
So you have no problem with the government telling you you can't drink, smoke, or eat while you are driving in your own car

What is next? No talking to your passengers? No listening to the radio or CD player?

You give the libs an inch they will take 50 miles

I like my solution it keeps MORONS off the road. And won't cost a penny so the "it's all about money" crowd will not have a thing to bitch about.

red states rule
02-11-2007, 12:00 PM
I like my solution it keeps MORONS off the road. And won't cost a penny so the "it's all about money" crowd will not have a thing to bitch about.

Name one time it was NOT about the money when government gets involved in controlling your life

We are talking about Vermont and looking at how these people run their state, under your rules NOBODY would be allowed to drive in the entire state

Mr. P
02-11-2007, 12:06 PM
Name one time it was NOT about the money when government gets involved in controlling your life

We are talking about Vermont and looking at how these people run their state, under your rules NOBODY would be allowed to drive in the entire state

Not true and they aren't my rules just my solution to MORON whinners that think they can do whatever the hell they want on a public highway. They can't, but scream it's about money. So, take their license. Works for me. What these folks don't understand is they are a danger to themselves AND everyone around them.

Missileman
02-11-2007, 12:07 PM
So what other controls would you recommend putting on society to protect it from itself? Sounds like you just love the idea of big daddy looking over your shoulder.

Actually, these would be laws protecting the rest of us from idiots who stupidly believe that driving doesn't require paying attention to what you're doing. Laws like these are required because of the morons who won't police themselves.

jillian
02-11-2007, 12:10 PM
Funny, those "libs" in Texas are also considering a similar bill... :laugh2:

And why wouldn't we all want someone playing the flute while driving. Isn't it our G-d given right? :uhoh:

Vermont wants drivers' attention
Up to $600 fine for long list of distractions

February 9, 2007
BY JOHN CURRAN
BARRE, Vt. -- Put down the flute and keep your eyes on the road.
And forget about sipping that cup of coffee on the way to work, or smoking a cigarette on the way home. In some states, it could soon be illegal -- if it isn't already.

Emboldened by the passage of cell phone bans for drivers in some communities, states are turning their attention to other things that drive motorists to distraction.

Vermont lawmakers are considering a measure that would ban eating, drinking, smoking, reading, writing, personal grooming, playing an instrument, ''interacting with pets or cargo,'' talking on a cell phone or using any other personal communication device while driving. The punishment: a fine of up to $600.

Similar bills are under consideration in Maryland and Texas, and Connecticut has passed one that generically bans any activity that could interfere with the safe operation of a motor vehicle.

For the sponsor of the Vermont bill, the motivation came from his own observations.

''What finally pushed me over the edge was when I was at a stop sign and somebody opposite me was trying to navigate around the corner with a cell phone to the ear in one hand and a cigarette in the other, and she wasn't doing very well,'' said Republican state Rep. Thomas F. Koch.

He said his wife recently saw a driver playing the flute, which led him to include the instrument ban in his bill.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/nation/250362,CST-NWS-driven09.article

jillian
02-11-2007, 12:20 PM
Oh yeah.... and lest anyone is wondering.

Tom Koch is a republican. :laugh2: :cheers2: :poke:

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/specialnews/fahc/story30.htm

Gaffer
02-11-2007, 12:46 PM
It has nothing to do with safety, just as simply taking a license would not help matters, but would clear the roads as every driver would eventually be banned from driving. It IS a means of getting more money. Any law that imposes fines is a back door tax. Unfortunately you can't legislate common sense. But you can tax it thru fines.

I have been driving for over 40 years and all across the country. I smoke and drink coffee daily and never have had an accident because of not paying attention. The only accidents I have been involved in were not my fault. And no traffic tickets in that 40 years. Simply a matter of obeying the law and being aware of what your doing. While smoking or drinking.

Law are in place to protect the public. But there is a point where they are just to control and tax the public. Such laws as no smoking drinking or talking will slowly expand to everyone in the car and then to things outside the car and soon there will be government inspectors for each household. All designed with fines to fill the liberal coffers.

The government produces nothing so must justify its existance through control and pays for its self through taxes.

jillian
02-11-2007, 12:57 PM
It has nothing to do with safety, just as simply taking a license would not help matters, but would clear the roads as every driver would eventually be banned from driving. It IS a means of getting more money. Any law that imposes fines is a back door tax. Unfortunately you can't legislate common sense. But you can tax it thru fines.

I have been driving for over 40 years and all across the country. I smoke and drink coffee daily and never have had an accident because of not paying attention. The only accidents I have been involved in were not my fault. And no traffic tickets in that 40 years. Simply a matter of obeying the law and being aware of what your doing. While smoking or drinking.

Law are in place to protect the public. But there is a point where they are just to control and tax the public. Such laws as no smoking drinking or talking will slowly expand to everyone in the car and then to things outside the car and soon there will be government inspectors for each household. All designed with fines to fill the liberal coffers.

The government produces nothing so must justify its existance through control and pays for its self through taxes.

You know, the United States is the only place where we do more than drive when we're in the car. The Auto Bahn has no speed limit yet has far fewer accidents than our roadways.

And you know what, I've seen idiots driving with the newspaper open on their steering wheel... sorry, I think they should absolutely be ticked.

You're worried it's a revenue raiser? OK. Then I support Mr. P's idea. You drive with the paper open, putting your make-up on, things like that... license suspended. Works for me cause if someone is too stupid to realize they shouldn't be reading a newspaper while driving a car, I'm ok with them being off the road for a while.

BTW, just so you know, I'm not totally convinced that the law is a good idea because I think laws against being reckless apply to most of the worst stuff. I don't mind a dialogue on the utility of the law. I just had to jump in when I saw that the thread wasn't only intentionally belligerant but was intentinally misleading as well that I thought I'd put my .02 in. ;)

red states rule
02-11-2007, 01:22 PM
Tell me Jilly dear, how is my thread belligerant and misleading? I am pointing out another example of the nannies on the Dem party trying to stick their nose into eveyone elses bussiness.

As far as Texas, you left out how they are NOT trying to make it illegal to smoke, drink, or eat. Libs have to expand the bill so they can steal more the people's money as the Police play the roll as tax collector

Gaffer
02-11-2007, 01:41 PM
You know, the United States is the only place where we do more than drive when we're in the car. The Auto Bahn has no speed limit yet has far fewer accidents than our roadways.

And you know what, I've seen idiots driving with the newspaper open on their steering wheel... sorry, I think they should absolutely be ticked.

You're worried it's a revenue raiser? OK. Then I support Mr. P's idea. You drive with the paper open, putting your make-up on, things like that... license suspended. Works for me cause if someone is too stupid to realize they shouldn't be reading a newspaper while driving a car, I'm ok with them being off the road for a while.

BTW, just so you know, I'm not totally convinced that the law is a good idea because I think laws against being reckless apply to most of the worst stuff. I don't mind a dialogue on the utility of the law. I just had to jump in when I saw that the thread wasn't only intentionally belligerant but was intentinally misleading as well that I thought I'd put my .02 in. ;)

Someone driving and reading a paper will be pulled over by any alert cop that sees such action. And the person will get sited. There doesn't need to be a law banning everything, is what I was saying. The only purpose for such a law would be to collect revenue.

As for the autobohm, I'm not familiar with all the laws over there, but I would guess people driving at 100 mph plus would be concentrating on the road. It's europe and involves european laws and not US laws. Socialist vs wannabe socialist in the case of the dems. ever see some of the films from over there concerning bad driving habits? They have some real pieces of work on the road just like we do.

You cannot legislate common sense.

jillian
02-11-2007, 01:41 PM
Tell me Jilly dear, how is my thread belligerant and misleading? I am pointing out another example of the nannies on the Dem party trying to stick their nose into eveyone elses bussiness.

As far as Texas, you left out how they are NOT trying to make it illegal to smoke, drink, or eat. Libs have to expand the bill so they can steal more the people's money as the Police play the roll as tax collector

Except that it was a REPUBLICAN.... Man, you're obtuse...

Now go look up the word.

We'll be waiting.

red states rule
02-11-2007, 02:06 PM
Except that it was a REPUBLICAN.... Man, you're obtuse...

Now go look up the word.

We'll be waiting.

I am still waiting how the thread is belligerant and misleading

As far as the Texas law, it is a way to get more money from the public. Being a lib I know you are all for that

It helps make up for all those unforgivable Bush tax cuts

Grumplestillskin
02-11-2007, 02:13 PM
I am still waiting how the thread is belligerant and misleading

As far as the Texas law, it is a way to get more money from the public. Being a lib I know you are all for that

It helps make up for all those unforgivable Bush tax cuts

B-b-b-but the title of the therad is more liberal lunacy, but it is repubs who are in favour of it..Don't you think that is misleading Reddy?

Mr. P
02-11-2007, 02:14 PM
Someone driving and reading a paper will be pulled over by any alert cop that sees such action. And the person will get sited. There doesn't need to be a law banning everything, is what I was saying. The only purpose for such a law would be to collect revenue.

As for the autobohm, I'm not familiar with all the laws over there, but I would guess people driving at 100 mph plus would be concentrating on the road. It's europe and involves european laws and not US laws. Socialist vs wannabe socialist in the case of the dems. ever see some of the films from over there concerning bad driving habits? They have some real pieces of work on the road just like we do.

You cannot legislate common sense.

Sited for what? Is it illegal to read a paper when you drive? Dumb yes, this is what these laws will target 'stupidity'..I still favor taking the license though.

red states rule
02-11-2007, 02:17 PM
B-b-b-but the title of the therad is more liberal lunacy, but it is repubs who are in favour of it..Don't you think that is misleading Reddy?

This thread is liberal lunacy in Vermont. Jilly is the one who brings up Texas. The law in Texas is not as nutty as the one in Vermont

Are their any conservatives in Vermont. I think very few, if any

To Jilly, telling the truth about lib is misleading

red states rule
02-11-2007, 02:17 PM
Sited for what? Is it illegal to read a paper when you drive? Dumb yes, this is what these laws will target 'stupidity'..I still favor taking the license though.

Like that will stop people from driving

Grumplestillskin
02-11-2007, 02:24 PM
This thread is liberal lunacy in Vermont. Jilly is the one who brings up Texas. The law in Texas is not as nutty as the one in Vermont

Ah, now there are degrees of nuttiness. Thanks for the clarification Reddy. I knew there was a reason I ignored your posts.

Note to self: Don't do it again! You know better. You know better. You know better:bang3:

red states rule
02-11-2007, 02:26 PM
Ah, now there are degrees of nuttiness. Thanks for the clarification Reddy. I knew there was a reason I ignored your posts.

Note to self: Don't do it again! You know better. You know better. You know better:bang3:

Try not ignoring the posts. You might learn something and see how libs will destroy your life

jillian
02-11-2007, 02:26 PM

lol... you also know he hasn't read either bill, right? :cuckoo:

Grumplestillskin
02-11-2007, 02:32 PM
Try not ignoring the posts. You might learn something and see how libs will destroy your life

Yeah, libs are really trying to destroy my life. One of the most controversial and controlling pieces of legisation passed in the past couple of years was the Patriot Act. Who passed that law again?

Jillian
I know he hasn't read it, which is why I rarely read his/her posts. He is mainly on SOB with me, but sometimes his pap gets a bit OTT that I can't help myself. Should know better! :ali:

red states rule
02-11-2007, 02:53 PM
Yeah, libs are really trying to destroy my life. One of the most controversial and controlling pieces of legisation passed in the past couple of years was the Patriot Act. Who passed that law again?

Jillian
I know he hasn't read it, which is why I rarely read his/her posts. He is mainly on SOB with me, but sometimes his pap gets a bit OTT that I can't help myself. Should know better! :ali:

and the libs have tried to go back and kill the Patriot Act

Remember Reid gleefully smirking how "we have killed the Patriot Act?"

Demco rats are more worried about the rights of terrorists then protecting the country

Gaffer
02-11-2007, 03:08 PM

For improper operation of a motor vehicle. How its worded depends on the individual states. Don't have a penal code available to give you the exact wording but that's the general law that would cover it.

red states rule
02-11-2007, 03:20 PM
For improper operation of a motor vehicle. How its worded depends on the individual states. Don't have a penal code available to give you the exact wording but that's the general law that would cover it.

If libs have their way, you will need to take a law course to know what you can and cannot do while driving your own car

and have your checkbook ready if you forget and do something criminal - like light up a smoke or take a sip of coffee

yes, the Police will have to crack down on these terrible criminal acts (and make money for the state at the same time)