PDA

View Full Version : Edwards Rehires Racist Bloggers

red states rule
02-10-2007, 10:07 AM
Taking a page from John "I served in Viet Nam" Kerry; Pretty Boy John Edwards rehired his atheist bloggers after he fired them

It seems the grass roots kook left have no problem with hate filled anti Catholic libs working for Mr Pretty Boy

Edwards Re-Hires Atheist Blogger in Response to Online E-Mail Campaign - Thu, Feb 8, 2007
Raleigh, North Carolina, February 8, 2007
Special to the Raving Atheist

An e-mail campaign launched by a blog which frequently criticizes religion under the post category "a**holes" has convinced Democratic presidential hopeful John Edwards to reinstate atheist Amanda Marcotte as his website's blogmaster.

Responding to a plea to "voice [their] support" for Ms. Marcotte, readers of the Feministe blog nearly crashed Edward's server with e-mails demanding the former Pandagon blogger's reinstatement. Marcotte was reportedly fired yesterday for comments interpreted as critical of religion.

"We now realize that our campaign would lose all credibility if we caved into the a**holes and dismissed Ms. Marcotte," said campaign spokesperson Jennifer Palmieri. "We cannot remain true to our secular principles if we were to silence one of America's leading atheistic voices."

Although Ms. Marcotte has remained silent throughout the controversy -- both at her Pandagon blog and the Edwards' site -- she is expected to make a statement shortly repeating and reaffirming her contempt for faith in all of its forms. "I cannot pretend to be a woman of integrity unless I clear the air on this matter," she said. Speculation has it that Ms. Marcotte will use the Edwards' blog to showcase a month-long series of posts on theology, inviting atheist luminaries including Richard Dawkins (The God Delusion) and Sam Harris (The End of Faith) to debunk a**hole beliefs.

Ms. Marcotte has also expressed a desire use the Edwards campaign to eliminate not just religion, but any form of spirituality. "Human beings are merely empty receptacles for blind, chattering matter," she declared. "I hereby reiterate what I noted three weeks ago: consciousness can be written off as a biological function . . . I see something, brain registers it through nerve impulses, etc. . . . [n]o soul necessary."

http://ravingatheist.com/archives/2007/02/edwards_rehires_atheist_blogger_in_response_to_onl ine_email_campaign.php

Hugh Lincoln
02-10-2007, 10:28 AM
What if they'd made a sideways comment about Jews?

Oh, I know! John Edwards would have said, "Look, folks, the taboo on talking about Jews is getting ridiculous. Let's face it. We all know they have way too much power and negative influence over our country's direction, and it's time we had a frank discussion about it. Who do they think they are, anyway? They can't bully us into scared silence forever. Is that the stance of a free, independent people? Therefore, I've decided not to fire my bloggers. They've got my full support. If Jews don't like it, they can fuck themselves. Or move to Israel. God knows we've paid for it."

red states rule
02-10-2007, 10:30 AM
What if they'd made a sideways comment about Jews?

Oh, I know! John Edwards would have said, "Look, folks, the taboo on talking about Jews is getting ridiculous. Let's face it. We all know they have way too much power and negative influence over our country's direction, and it's time we had a frank discussion about it. Who do they think they are, anyway? They can't bully us into scared silence forever. Is that the stance of a free, independent people? Therefore, I've decided not to fire my bloggers. They've got my full support. If Jews don't like it, they can fuck themselves. Or move to Israel. God knows we've paid for it."

I
This is another example of how lib can make racist comments and get away with it

However, if a Conservative make a statement that even appears to be racist, the liberal media and Dems go into full attack mode