PDA

View Full Version : The Last King of Scotland

Said1
11-17-2007, 09:05 PM
Anyone see that?
I'm not one for suspense, but I made through the entire movie without hitting fastforward! Forest Whitaker's portrayal of former Ugandan president/dictator Idi Amin is outstanding. There is some weak moments in one of the sub-plots concerning one of Amin's wives and the president's physician Nicholas Garrigan (James McAvoy), but overall, the movie was fantastic.

Also, this movie was a lot like Marie Antoinette in that it's about Amin as a person and what kind of man he was moreso than the politics and events surrounding his presidency.

mrg666
11-17-2007, 09:31 PM
yes it's excellant , i remember most of it happening so it made it better

hjmick
11-18-2007, 12:30 AM
Great movie.

jackass
11-18-2007, 02:13 PM
Yes...good movie. My wife asked if she would like it...I said no. She wouldnt have been able to handle the atrocities!

Said1
11-18-2007, 02:23 PM
Yes...good movie. My wife asked if she would like it...I said no. She wouldnt have been able to handle the atrocities!

I think she could handle it. Take it from someone who cries during almost EVERY stupid movie! I felt worse for the cow than the chopped up 3rd wife.

"Hotel Rwanda" was much worse.

jackass
11-20-2007, 02:56 PM
She wouldnt have been able to deal with the kids getting gunned down. She would have lost it!