PDA

View Full Version : Bush Hatred Gone Wild

red states rule
11-18-2007, 09:47 AM
Dems say it is Republicans who are ful of hate. When we call libs on what they say or do - we are the ones who hate them

Well, if you want to see hate - look at libs suffering from Bush Derangement Syndrome

Bush Death Watch: Countdown!
It's official: Less than one year until history slaps Dubya to the curb. Can you feel the tingle?
By Mark Morford, SF Gate Columnist

Friday, November 16, 2007

It's just that kind of feeling, that sense of hesitant, embryonic optimism, the sense that says, oh my God, we as a culture and a smash-mouthed, war-hammered society really are fast approaching something possibly, potentially, heart-achingly new and different and — because it cannot get any worse — just a little bit better.

Here is my suggestion: Mark your calendars, set your watch, program a celebratory ringtone well in advance, because the countdown has officially begun.

It is now less than one calendar year until the next presidential election. It is less than one year until the country finally takes a deep breath and flexes its atrophied muscles and opens its bloody, Cheney-punched mouth and lets it be known to the world, to the universe, to its own numb and dejected soul just exactly how unwell it has felt, how much pain has raked its heart, lo, these past seven (eight, by then) years, by ushering in an entirely new political era, as we all exhale a massive sigh of long overdue relief that — praise Jesus, Allah, Buddha and the devil all at once — the long national nightmare of George W. Bush is finally over.

It is now safe to imagine. It is now becoming increasingly easy to actually dare to think that, in less than one year's time, Dubya will begin packing his bags, jamming into his Spongebob duffel his map of the world coloring book, English-to-English translation dictionaries, mangled pocket edition of the U.S. Constitution, Bibleman action figure set and a "Mission Accomplished!" sweatshirt, and heading off to face his destiny as one of the bleakest, most morally repellent chapters in all of American history.

You think maybe it's too soon? Too early to let the tingle of positivism and hope take hold? Far from it. After all, the signs of decay and utter GOP desperation keep pouring in. For example, it has now been officially recorded in history what everyone already knows: Bush is nearly exactly as unpopular as Richard Nixon was at his lowest point, and no president in history has had as long a streak at the bottom of the job-approval rankings as Dubya. Heckuva job, Bushie!

What's more, the glorious collapse of the evangelical Christian right marches on apace, as Pat Robertson, now a dejected, lonely widower after the death of secret boy-toy husband Jerry Falwell, has officially endorsed pro-choice, pro-gay, thrice-married, massively unbalanced moral pit bull Rudy Giuliani for president, which is a bit like a militant vegan endorsing Hot Dog on a Stick for the title of Lord of the Food Court. Desperate times indeed.

But wait, it gets better. While it's easy to focus on Shrub and Cheney and to gleefully, achingly imagine their dreary march out of office on that happy day, it is also vital and heartwarming to note that this time next year will also mark the demise of an entire army of toxic leaders, federal department heads, gay-bashing appointees and misogynist directors of every stripe and scandal and spittle, a simply huge array of right-wing Bushies who are still entrenched in all manner of powerful federal bureaus and organizations and policy-making bodies.

It's true. Despite how a huge hunk of hideous GOP policymakers lost their seats during the last congressional election, plenty more appointees are still around to poison the well. From Kevin Martin, the lackey who oversees the FCC, to noxious Idahoan and rabid anti-environmentalist Dick Kempthorne of the Department of the Interior, to anti-choice Republican Mormon knucklehead charity scammer and Department of Health and Human Services overseer Mike Leavitt, and on and on — in a year, all on their way out.

Oh, and one more deserves special attention. Because one year from now will also be the glorious political end of one Dr. David W. Hager, the rabid evangelical Christian gynecologist (I know, so wrong) who currently advises the FDA on women's health issues and who was largely responsible for delaying the approval of Plan B, opposed RU-486, is in fact against all contraception, stem-cell research, premarital sex, and (quite naturally) women's choice, and whose own ex-wife claims he anally raped her, over and over again, in her sleep.

Intelligent women nationwide still shudder that this man is allowed anywhere near a living vagina, much less permitted to touch and probe and offer advice. But there is one noteworthy aspect to Hager; he is the perfect incarnation of the Christian right's view of women as subordinate, lesser-intelligent sluts who cannot control their own bodies and therefore need men, God, and the government to do it for them. Hager is a deep shame to the male gender, and his return to the private practice of ruining the sex lives of unfortunate women in Kentucky cannot come soon enough.

for the complete article

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/g/a/2007/11/16/notes111607.DTL

truthmatters
11-18-2007, 09:51 AM
Go back and read some of the drooling ,knuckle dragging crap written about Clinton.

red states rule
11-18-2007, 09:53 AM
Go back and read some of the drooling ,knuckle dragging crap written about Clinton.

It was not as bad as the BS written about Pres Bush

It is now less than one calendar year until the next presidential election. It is less than one year until the country finally takes a deep breath and flexes its atrophied muscles and opens its bloody, Cheney-punched mouth and lets it be known to the world, to the universe, to its own numb and dejected soul just exactly how unwell it has felt, how much pain has raked its heart, lo, these past seven (eight, by then) years, by ushering in an entirely new political era, as we all exhale a massive sigh of long overdue relief that - praise Jesus, Allah, Buddha and the devil all at once - the long national nightmare of George W. Bush is finally over.

Show me where a conservative wrote anything like this about your guy Bubba

bullypulpit
11-18-2007, 10:17 AM
It was not as bad as the BS written about Pres Bush

It is now less than one calendar year until the next presidential election. It is less than one year until the country finally takes a deep breath and flexes its atrophied muscles and opens its bloody, Cheney-punched mouth and lets it be known to the world, to the universe, to its own numb and dejected soul just exactly how unwell it has felt, how much pain has raked its heart, lo, these past seven (eight, by then) years, by ushering in an entirely new political era, as we all exhale a massive sigh of long overdue relief that - praise Jesus, Allah, Buddha and the devil all at once - the long national nightmare of George W. Bush is finally over.

Show me where a conservative wrote anything like this about your guy Bubba

Actually, they wrote worse. F'rinstance, Ann Coulter in an interview published in the "<a href=http://mediamatters.org/items/200501120012>New York Observer</a>" on 1/10/05 called Bill Clinton "...a very good rapist...". And then there was the right-wing nut slander of the Clinton's implicating them in Vince Foster's suicide. And let's not forget the four year, $40 million Whitewater investigation which produced NO evidence of ANY criminal wrongdoing on the part of the Clinton's.

You really need to stop asking to be abused like this. People will start thinking you're a masochist instead of just woefully ignorant.

red states rule
11-18-2007, 10:21 AM
Actually, they wrote worse. F'rinstance, Ann Coulter in an interview published in the "<a href=http://mediamatters.org/items/200501120012>New York Observer</a>" on 1/10/05 called Bill Clinton "...a very good rapist...". And then there was the right-wing nut slander of the Clinton's implicating them in Vince Foster's suicide. And let's not forget the four year, $40 million Whitewater investigation which produced NO evidence of ANY criminal wrongdoing on the part of the Clinton's.

You really need to stop asking to be abused like this. People will start thinking you're a masochist instead of just woefully ignorant.

Clinton is a sexual predititor. There is a long list of women who have spoken out about Bill and how he treats women

As far as Whitewater, the Clintons were up to their ears in corruption

With libs like you BP, everyone around the Clintons are lying, while Bill and Hil are telling the truth

Pale Rider
11-18-2007, 10:25 AM

Most of what was written about that sexual predator was the truth.

red states rule
11-18-2007, 10:27 AM
Most of what was written about that sexual predator was the truth.

PR, I think the Dems hate for Bush is rooted in one thing. In 200, the Dems were riding high and could never think their power would be taken away

Gore would be an extention of the Clinton years - and George Bush busted their bubble

Pale Rider
11-18-2007, 10:28 AM
Dems say it is Republicans who are ful of hate. When we call libs on what they say or do - we are the ones who hate them

Well, if you want to see hate - look at libs suffering from Bush Derangement Syndrome

Bush Death Watch: Countdown!
It's official: Less than one year until history slaps Dubya to the curb. Can you feel the tingle?
By Mark Morford, SF Gate Columnist

Friday, November 16, 2007

It's just that kind of feeling, that sense of hesitant, embryonic optimism, the sense that says, oh my God, we as a culture and a smash-mouthed, war-hammered society really are fast approaching something possibly, potentially, heart-achingly new and different and — because it cannot get any worse — just a little bit better.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/g/a/2007/11/16/notes111607.DTL

I don't even let garbage like this bother me, coming from THE biggest hippie, America hating city in the country. We'll get the last laugh at that shit hole though, when the big one hits and it falls off into the ocean.

truthmatters
11-18-2007, 10:30 AM
Fun little story today about how Bob Novack knows Hillary has some killer dirt on Obamma but has desided not to use it.

See how fun that is?

He can claim Hillary is protecting him from his horrible dirt release for some reason. So he claims Hil is not willing to tell you what you need to know the make the best decision and that Barrack has a deep dark ugly secret.

Bob (I outed our own spy) Novack gets a big press boost and he hurts Both the top Dem runners all with one lie. Damn is the right wing machine good at being filthy as cockroaches.

red states rule
11-18-2007, 10:30 AM
I don't even let garbage like this bother me, coming from THE biggest hippie, America hating city in the country. We'll get the last laugh at that shit hole though, when the big one hits and it falls off into the ocean.

Look at the hate and distain the left has for "red states" and fly over country.

They believe they are so much better and smarter then the rest of us

red states rule
11-18-2007, 10:32 AM
Fun little story today about how Bob Novack knows Hillary has some killer dirt on Obamma but has desided not to use it.

See how fun that is?

He can claim Hillary is protecting him from his horrible dirt release for some reason. So he claims Hil is not willing to tell you what you need to know the make the best decision and that Barrack has a deep dark ugly secret.

Bob (I outed our own spy) Novack gets a big press boost and he hurts Both the top Dem runners all with one lie. Damn is the right wing machine good at being filthy as cockroaches.

The Clintons digging up dirt, smearing people, and destroying them? Who would believe that?

Ask the Travel Office employees

Pale Rider
11-18-2007, 10:33 AM
PR, I think the Dems hate for Bush is rooted in one thing. In 200, the Dems were riding high and could never think their power would be taken away

Gore would be an extention of the Clinton years - and George Bush busted their bubble

But they have power. They're in control of both the congress and the senate. And they're doing such a wonderful job. They haven't accomplished SHIT, and their approval rating is the LOWEST of any sitting congress or senate in the history of the United States... LMFAO!!!!!

And that ought to tell you something... not even the moonbat weirdos that put them there approve of them... :laugh:

truthmatters
11-18-2007, 10:35 AM

Wow your love of America is just stunning. You complain about this person speaking out about how their tax dollars get spent and then you wish death and destruction on an entire reagion of your own country.

red states rule
11-18-2007, 10:36 AM
But they have power. They're in control of both the congress and the senate. And they're doing such a wonderful job. They haven't accomplished SHIT, and their approval rating is the LOWEST of any sitting congress or senate in the history of the United States... LMFAO!!!!!

And that ought to tell you something... not even the moonbat weirdos that put them there approve of them... :laugh:

They are acomplishing some things. They are raising taxes, spending more money then the previous Republican Congress, adding plenty of pork to the spending bills, and fucking the troops over by pushing for surrender

Pale Rider
11-18-2007, 10:38 AM
Wow your love of America is just stunning. You complain about this person speaking out about how their tax dollars get spent and then you wish death and destruction on an entire reagion of your own country.

Well you're kind of right. California is a pretty state, and I wish nothing bad to happen to the land, but it's inhabitants in some cities are a bunch of liberal fucking scum, and yes, I would laugh if the earth rose up and wiped them out. I'd laugh my fuckin' ass off.

That bother you? Good. I was hoping it did.

red states rule
11-18-2007, 10:40 AM
Well you're kind of right. California is a pretty state, but it's inhabitants in some cities are a bunch of liberal fucking scum, and yes, I would laugh if the earth rose up and wiped them out. I'd laugh my fuckin' ass off.

Illegals are taking over CA, and they will soon make it part of Mexico

I saw a stat where 90% of all outstanding murder warrents in LA were for illegals

Pale Rider
11-18-2007, 10:43 AM

I saw a stat where 90% of all outstanding murder warrents in LA were for illegals

The day illegals take over any part of America, is the day I take up arms, because I will wage a one man war if I have to. I won't though. I know of many, many more that feel exactly the same way I do. Mark my words... blood will flow before illegals take over ANY part of America.

April15
11-18-2007, 10:44 AM
Well you're kind of right. California is a pretty state, and I wish nothing bad to happen to the land, but it's inhabitants in some cities are a bunch of liberal fucking scum, and yes, I would laugh if the earth rose up and wiped them out. I'd laugh my fuckin' ass off.

That bother you? Good. I was hoping it did.I think it is funny as hell that California is roughly 40% of the nations GDP and you want to have those people supporting your ass gone! You country bumpkins can't survive on your own, you need mexifornia to keep this nation competitive in the world markets!

As for hating Bush I think its more of loath as he would have to show human traits to hate him.

red states rule
11-18-2007, 10:46 AM
The day illegals take over any part of America, is the day I take up arms, because I will wage a one man war if I have to. I won't though. I know of many, many more that feel exactly the same way I do. Mark my words... blood will flow before illegals take over ANY part of America.

they have a strong hold in CA. Dems are bending over to appease them - along with some RINO's

Then we have this gem, the liberal media ignored

Virginia Store Calls Whites 'Gringos', Media Yawns
By Richard Newcomb | November 16, 2007 - 12:22 ET
Is it acceptable for stores catering to Hispanics to use racial epithets when referring to Caucasian residents of the United States? Apparently so. According to the Washington Times online edition, a furniture store located in Alexandria, Va., has posted a sign calling Americans 'gringos'. The Times reports that,

A sign outside the store at the intersection of North Beauregard and King streets reads, “Credito sin papeles de gringo.” In English, that could be translated to say “Credit without gringo papers.” Blanca Granados, the store's assistant manager, translated the message to mean “just 'without white papers,' like Social Security or like that.”

'White papers'? Really? Ms. Granados is either completely ignorant or engaging in deliberate falsehoods. The word 'Gringo' as defined by Webster Online Dictionary,

grin·go [gring-goh] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation –noun, plural -gos. Usually Disparaging. (in Latin America or Spain) a foreigner, esp. one of U.S. or British descent. [Origin: 1840–50, Americanism; < Sp: foreign language, foreigner, esp. English-speaking (pejorative); prob. alter. of griego Greek. The belief that word is from the song “Green Grow the Lilacs,” popular during U.S.-Mexican War, is without substance]

The Times story also picks up on the offensive history of the word. The story goes on to say,

The American Heritage Dictionary defines the word gringo as “a disparaging term for a foreigner in Latin America, especially an American or English person.” But the word “gringo” in the store's sign is not intended to offend anyone, Miss Granados said.

The term 'gringo' has long been a term used disparagingly towards Americans or Europeans in Latin America- something that Ms. Granados cannot possibly be ignorant of, especially if, as it seems, she is from a Latin American heritage. Therefore, for Ms. Granados to claim that the word is not intended to be offensive is roughly analogous to a white person claiming that the word 'greaser' is not intended to be offensive towards Hispanics. However, other than the Washington Times, I have not seen this story picked up by any other media outlets. When will the media begin holding minorities to the same standards they hold whites? Based on past experience, I'm not holding my breath. Cross-posted on StoneHeads.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/richard-newcomb/2007/11/16/virginia-store-calls-whites-gringos-media-yawns

Pale Rider
11-18-2007, 10:49 AM
I think it is funny as hell that California is roughly 40% of the nations GDP and you want to have those people supporting your ass gone! You country bumpkins can't survive on your own, you need mexifornia to keep this nation competitive in the world markets!

As for hating Bush I think its more of loath as he would have to show human traits to hate him.

Well, you've mistaken what I said to. You liberals sure are dim wits. And you call me a "country bumpkin?" LOL!

Does that make you a "city slicker?" :laugh:

Thanks for the good laugh this morning... "city slicker"... :lmao:

And before you try and pass that 40% of the GDP line, you better get link to prove that.

red states rule
11-18-2007, 10:51 AM
Well, you've mistaken what I said to. You liberals sure are dim wits. And you call me a "country bumpkin?"

April made my point about how libs view thise who dare to disagree with them. They sit atop their ivory tower and look down on the masses with such distain

Then they wonder why we do not vote for them

Pale Rider
11-18-2007, 10:52 AM
April made my point about how libs view thise who dare to disagree with them. They sit atop their ivory tower and look down on the masses with such distain

Then they wonder why we do not vote for them

A typical liberal rsr... a typical liberal. Just laugh at them. Their thought process is a bubble off.

red states rule
11-18-2007, 10:53 AM
A typical liberal rsr... a typical liberal. Just laugh at them.

and I damn near pity them

April15
11-18-2007, 10:58 AM
Well, you've mistaken what I said to. You liberals sure are dim wits. And you call me a "country bumpkin?" LOL!

And before you try and pass that 40% of the GDP line, you better get link to prove that.If CAlifornia is the worlds 6th or 7th largest in GDP and the USA is 5th that is pretty much a given. I think Calif may even be a larger part of the nations gdp than 40%.

bullypulpit
11-18-2007, 11:02 AM
Clinton is a sexual predititor. There is a long list of women who have spoken out about Bill and how he treats women

As far as Whitewater, the Clintons were up to their ears in corruption

With libs like you BP, everyone around the Clintons are lying, while Bill and Hil are telling the truth

:link: please, and the FreeRepublic doesn't count.

bullypulpit
11-18-2007, 11:03 AM

:link: please.

bullypulpit
11-18-2007, 11:04 AM

Hooo boy! Did'ja ferget yer tinfoil hat?

red states rule
11-18-2007, 11:04 AM
:link: please, and the FreeRepublic doesn't count.

Bill had alot of accomplishments in his 8 years BP

The only president ever impeached on grounds of personal malfeasance
- Most number of convictions and guilty pleas by friends and associates*
- Most number of cabinet officials to come under criminal investigation
- Most number of witnesses to flee country or refuse to testify
- Most number of witnesses to die suddenly
- First president sued for sexual harassment.
- First president accused of rape.
- First first lady to come under criminal investigation
- Largest criminal plea agreement in an illegal campaign contribution case
- First president to establish a legal defense fund.
- First president to be held in contempt of court
- Greatest amount of illegal campaign contributions
- Greatest amount of illegal campaign contributions from abroad
- First president disbarred from the US Supreme Court and a state court

http://prorev.com/legacy.htm

bullypulpit
11-18-2007, 11:07 AM
they have a strong hold in CA. Dems are bending over to appease them - along with some RINO's

Then we have this gem, the liberal media ignored

Virginia Store Calls Whites 'Gringos', Media Yawns
By Richard Newcomb | November 16, 2007 - 12:22 ET
Is it acceptable for stores catering to Hispanics to use racial epithets when referring to Caucasian residents of the United States? Apparently so. According to the Washington Times online edition, a furniture store located in Alexandria, Va., has posted a sign calling Americans 'gringos'. The Times reports that,

A sign outside the store at the intersection of North Beauregard and King streets reads, “Credito sin papeles de gringo.” In English, that could be translated to say “Credit without gringo papers.” Blanca Granados, the store's assistant manager, translated the message to mean “just 'without white papers,' like Social Security or like that.”

'White papers'? Really? Ms. Granados is either completely ignorant or engaging in deliberate falsehoods. The word 'Gringo' as defined by Webster Online Dictionary,

grin·go [gring-goh] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation –noun, plural -gos. Usually Disparaging. (in Latin America or Spain) a foreigner, esp. one of U.S. or British descent. [Origin: 1840–50, Americanism; < Sp: foreign language, foreigner, esp. English-speaking (pejorative); prob. alter. of griego Greek. The belief that word is from the song “Green Grow the Lilacs,” popular during U.S.-Mexican War, is without substance]

The Times story also picks up on the offensive history of the word. The story goes on to say,

The American Heritage Dictionary defines the word gringo as “a disparaging term for a foreigner in Latin America, especially an American or English person.” But the word “gringo” in the store's sign is not intended to offend anyone, Miss Granados said.

The term 'gringo' has long been a term used disparagingly towards Americans or Europeans in Latin America- something that Ms. Granados cannot possibly be ignorant of, especially if, as it seems, she is from a Latin American heritage. Therefore, for Ms. Granados to claim that the word is not intended to be offensive is roughly analogous to a white person claiming that the word 'greaser' is not intended to be offensive towards Hispanics. However, other than the Washington Times, I have not seen this story picked up by any other media outlets. When will the media begin holding minorities to the same standards they hold whites? Based on past experience, I'm not holding my breath. Cross-posted on StoneHeads.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/richard-newcomb/2007/11/16/virginia-store-calls-whites-gringos-media-yawns

And you take "Newsbusters" seriously. No wonder there are so many doubts about your cognitive function.

red states rule
11-18-2007, 11:08 AM
:link: please.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/immigration/taxes.asp

http://anti-strib.blogspot.com/2006/05/mostly-correct-data-dismissed-by-pro.html

April15
11-18-2007, 11:09 AM
strangemaps.wordpress.com/2007/07/06/135-update-on-the-gdp-map-of-the-usa/

cal is 17% of usa GDP when removed from usa GDP usa drops position.

red states rule
11-18-2007, 11:11 AM
And you take "Newsbusters" seriously. No wonder there are so many doubts about your cognitive function.

It was in the Washington Times (as my link pointed out) not that facts mean anything to you

http://www.washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071116/METRO/111160075/1004

bullypulpit
11-18-2007, 11:13 AM
Bill had alot of accomplishments in his 8 years BP

The only president ever impeached on grounds of personal malfeasance
- Most number of convictions and guilty pleas by friends and associates*
- Most number of cabinet officials to come under criminal investigation
- Most number of witnesses to flee country or refuse to testify
- Most number of witnesses to die suddenly
- First president sued for sexual harassment.
- First president accused of rape.
- First first lady to come under criminal investigation
- Largest criminal plea agreement in an illegal campaign contribution case
- First president to establish a legal defense fund.
- First president to be held in contempt of court
- Greatest amount of illegal campaign contributions
- Greatest amount of illegal campaign contributions from abroad
- First president disbarred from the US Supreme Court and a state court

How about a reliable, independent with news source with links to their sources...not a lunatic fringe website. These sots don't even source their statistics.

red states rule
11-18-2007, 11:14 AM
How about a reliable, independent with news source with links to their sources...not a lunatic fringe website. These sots don't even source their statistics.

Facts are facts

Something you ignore at all times.

Prove they are wrong BP. Go for it!!!!!!!!

truthmatters
11-18-2007, 11:18 AM

And you wonder why this country is so divided? These are the words of someone who can not live up to the grand plan of democracy.

red states rule
11-18-2007, 11:19 AM
Libs love to say how corrupt the Bush adminiatration is. Well here are the facts on the corruption in Bill's administration

Number of individuals and businesses associated with the Clinton machine who have been convicted of or pleaded guilty to crimes: 47
- Number of these convictions during Clinton's presidency: 33
- Number of indictments/misdemeanor charges: 61
- Number of congressional witnesses who have pleaded the Fifth Amendment, fled the country to avoid testifying, or (in the case of foreign witnesses) refused to be interviewed: 122

red states rule
11-18-2007, 11:19 AM
And you wonder why this country is so divided? These are the words of someone who can not live up to the grand plan of democracy.

You mean like how the Dems are using the troops as pawns, denying them what they need to fight the war - all to appease their kook base?

truthmatters
11-18-2007, 11:28 AM
Who was it who denied the proper troopp level in the beginning of the war?

Who was it that left Afganistan with far too few troops to fight the real war so he could try to recreate the middle east into his own dream?

red states rule
11-18-2007, 11:30 AM
Who was it who denied the proper troopp level in the beginning of the war?

Who was it that left Afganistan with far too few troops to fight the real war so he could try to recreate the middle east into his own dream?

The surge has brought great results and the troops have beaten AQ. Even before the surge started, Reid and the Dems said it was a waste of time and the war was lost

Now with victory looking them in the eye, Reid and Pelosi have only one message for the troops............

truthmatters
11-18-2007, 11:32 AM
The surge has brought great results and the troops have beaten AQ. Even before the surge started, Reid and the Dems said it was a waste of time and the war was lost

Now with victory looking them in the eye, Reid and Pelosi have only one message for the troops............

Hmmm that kinda looks like Bushs ring and watch?

red states rule
11-18-2007, 11:35 AM
Hmmm that kinda looks like Bushs ring and watch?

Reid and the Dems are out to lose this war - while blaming Pres for them inserting their surrender date

Breaking: Senate Votes Down War Funding Bill

“We need to get our troops everything they need,” said Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky. “We need to get it to them right now.”

“The days of a free lunch are over,” said Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y.

WASHINGTON- The Senate on Friday blocked a Democratic proposal to pay for the Iraq war but require that troops start coming home.

The 53-45 vote was seven votes short of the 60 needed to advance. It came minutes after the Senate rejected a Republican proposal to pay for the Iraq war without strings attached.

The Republican measure failed 45-53, 15 short of the number of votes needed to go forward.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said the only way to get troops the money was to approve the restrictions outlined by Democrats.

“Our troops continue to fight and die valiantly. And our Treasury continues to be depleted rapidly, for a peace that we seem far more interested in achieving than Iraq’s own political leaders,” said Reid, D-Nev.

Republicans said Democrats were being irresponsible.

“We need to get our troops everything they need,” said Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky. “We need to get it to them right now.”

Reid and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., said this week that if Congress cannot pass legislation that ties war money to troop withdrawals, they would not send Bush a bill this year.

Instead, they would revisit the issue upon returning in January, pushing the Pentagon to the brink of an accounting nightmare and deepening Democrats’ conflict with the White House on the war.

In the meantime, Democrats say, the Pentagon can eat into its $471 billion annual budget without being forced to take drastic steps.

http://papundits.wordpress.com/2007/11/16/harry-reid-screw-the-troops/

bullypulpit
11-18-2007, 12:59 PM

Nice "Photoshop" of Chimpy's finger on Harry Reid, oh King of Cut-and-Paste.

bullypulpit
11-18-2007, 01:04 PM
Reid and the Dems are out to lose this war - while blaming Pres for them inserting their surrender date

Breaking: Senate Votes Down War Funding Bill

WASHINGTON- The Senate on Friday blocked a Democratic proposal to pay for the Iraq war but require that troops start coming home.

The 53-45 vote was seven votes short of the 60 needed to advance. It came minutes after the Senate rejected a Republican proposal to pay for the Iraq war without strings attached.

The Republican measure failed 45-53, 15 short of the number of votes needed to go forward.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said the only way to get troops the money was to approve the restrictions outlined by Democrats.

“Our troops continue to fight and die valiantly. And our Treasury continues to be depleted rapidly, for a peace that we seem far more interested in achieving than Iraq’s own political leaders,” said Reid, D-Nev.

Republicans said Democrats were being irresponsible.

Reid and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., said this week that if Congress cannot pass legislation that ties war money to troop withdrawals, they would not send Bush a bill this year.

Instead, they would revisit the issue upon returning in January, pushing the Pentagon to the brink of an accounting nightmare and deepening Democrats’ conflict with the White House on the war.

In the meantime, Democrats say, the Pentagon can eat into its $471 billion annual budget without being forced to take drastic steps.

http://papundits.wordpress.com/2007/11/16/harry-reid-screw-the-troops/

So, and let me get this straight, the Democrats trying to get the troops out of a quagmire...Out of the middle of a civil-war...Out of two, three, or more 15 month and longer deployments...Out of harms way...And expecting SOME small measure of accountability from the Bush administration over its handling of the invasion and occupation of Iraq is somehow dissing our troops?

Dude...are you sure you got enough oxygen to your brain while you were under the knife?

red states rule
11-18-2007, 01:22 PM
Nice "Photoshop" of Chimpy's finger on Harry Reid, oh King of Cut-and-Paste.

The photo sums up what they think of the troops perfectly

Guernicaa
11-18-2007, 01:23 PM

And let us not forget her famous "whether to impeach or assassinate" Clinton quote.

red states rule
11-18-2007, 01:23 PM
So, and let me get this straight, the Democrats trying to get the troops out of a quagmire...Out of the middle of a civil-war...Out of two, three, or more 15 month and longer deployments...Out of harms way...And expecting SOME small measure of accountability from the Bush administration over its handling of the invasion and occupation of Iraq is somehow dissing our troops?

Dude...are you sure you got enough oxygen to your brain while you were under the knife?

It is not a quagmire, or a civil war. The Dems biggest fear is looking them right in the eye. After years of telling the American people the war was lost - the troops are winning

Dems cannot and will not stand for that

bullypulpit
11-19-2007, 06:26 AM
It is not a quagmire, or a civil war. The Dems biggest fear is looking them right in the eye. After years of telling the American people the war was lost - the troops are winning

Dems cannot and will not stand for that

We WON the war. It's the aftermath and occupation that has been an unmitigated disaster.