PDA

View Full Version : film/music debates?

dan
11-19-2007, 10:55 AM
Any takers? I'm willing to debate practically any topic that has to do with music or film. Sitarro, I'm sure you and I could find plenty to argue about. :D

Said1
11-19-2007, 05:24 PM
That sounds pretty good. Why not add authors or books to it as well? The three topics cover a lot of ground, including political. :laugh2:

Sitarro
11-19-2007, 06:17 PM
Any takers? I'm willing to debate practically any topic that has to do with music or film. Sitarro, I'm sure you and I could find plenty to argue about. :D

There is really nothing to debate about when it comes to art(it is so very subjective), either you like it or you don't. I hate Picasso and Van Gogh's work and yet they are considered great masters. I find rap revolting and yet people that perform that stuff get Grammys.

Rembrandt's paintings, Michelangelo's sculpture...... that is great art in my opinion, the work of true masters. Carl Brenders, Michael Parks, Robert Bateman and Ray Harris-Ching are some of my favorite painters from this century. Any of the Lundeen family are favorite sculptors of mine.

Zero 7, Keiko Matsui, Boney James, Roland Orzabal, Sade, Seal, Jesse Cook, Ottmar Liebert, Los Lonely Boys, Massive Atttack, Loreena McKennit, Katie Melua, Laura Fabian, KT Tunstall, Joe Sample, Frou Frou, Tina Dickow, Evanescence, Diana Krall, Bond, Art Mengo, Utada Hikaru, Alicia Keys............These are a few of the musicians I have spent time listening to lately......debate away.