PDA

View Full Version : Found: links to show blue support red states

April15
11-19-2007, 11:35 AM
http://www.taxfoundation.org/files/sr139.pdf
I am sorry it took so long to find but I can't wait to see what RSR has to say about this!
I may have posted in wrong place so feel free to move and or link to discussion pertaining to original argument.

Hagbard Celine
11-19-2007, 11:53 AM
http://www.taxfoundation.org/files/sr139.pdf
I am sorry it took so long to find but I can't wait to see what RSR has to say about this!
I may have posted in wrong place so feel free to move and or link to discussion pertaining to original argument.

I have a prediction for you: Piss and Wind.

truthmatters
11-19-2007, 11:53 AM
Great bit of info.

Kinda shows you were the red states would be with the so called left liberal sates money huh?

Hagbard Celine
11-19-2007, 11:54 AM
Great bit of info.

Kinda shows you were the red states would be with the so called left liberal sates money huh?

It just goes to show you that stayin' in school really is cool.

5stringJeff
11-19-2007, 12:30 PM
For all I care, the blue states can keep their money and go form their own damn country.

gabosaurus
11-19-2007, 12:32 PM
Why are we still pressing this red/blue state issue? Are we trying to create another civil war?

11-19-2007, 12:52 PM
ratios? couldnt happen to be because blue states have millions more people would it? That couldnt possibly be why they spend more in taxes but have a lower ratio...

Hagbard Celine
11-19-2007, 12:52 PM
For all I care, the blue states can keep their money and go form their own damn country.

That's wise. :rolleyes: Not. Without the Blue states, you'd lose NewYork, California, Massachusetts--basically all of New England. You'd be reduced to a nation of farmers. And there's no way a nation of farmers could afford the amount of military it'd take to protect ya'll from foreigners who'd inevitably attack you once your redneck leader pissed them off. :laugh:

Nukeman
11-19-2007, 01:07 PM
That's wise. :rolleyes: Not. Without the Blue states, you'd lose NewYork, California, Massachusetts--basically all of New England. You'd be reduced to a nation of farmers. And there's no way a nation of farmers could afford the amount of military it'd take to protect ya'll from foreigners who'd inevitably attack you once your redneck leader pissed them off. :laugh:
Ummmm where would all you enlightend lefties get your food. Last time I checked its kind of hard to have a garden on asphalt......:slap:

Let alone enough to support/feed all those millions of millions of people....

I dont think you would get all for free do you????

Hagbard Celine
11-19-2007, 01:12 PM
Ummmm where would all you enlightend lefties get your food. Last time I checked its kind of hard to have a garden on asphalt......:slap:

Let alone enough to support/feed all those millions of millions of people....

I dont think you would get all for free do you????

Well, let's see. That's really a quandry seeing as how New York and California have some of the largest ports in the entire world. :rolleyes:

Nukeman
11-19-2007, 01:15 PM
Well, let's see. That's really a quandry seeing as how New York and California have some of the largest ports in the entire world. :rolleyes:
Sooo you would buy from what country???? Who sends more food to the world than the US.

Mexico and Canada have very large ports as well and since we aren't going to be dealing with one another I think a stronger relationship with them would probably be in order to allow the "enlightend lefties" to starve....

Hagbard Celine
11-19-2007, 01:35 PM
Sooo you would buy from what country???? Who sends more food to the world than the US.

Mexico and Canada have very large ports as well and since we aren't going to be dealing with one another I think a stronger relationship with them would probably be in order to allow the "enlightend lefties" to starve....

Well, in this hypothetical existence, the United Blue States would buy food from all the places they currently import food from as well as their agricultural neighbors to the south in "Americuh." :laugh: But, since hippies all have green thumbs, we probably wouldn't need much since in Blue States everyone would be required by law to supplement their diets with home-grown food in their "vic'try gardens." Not to mention, in the UBSA large neighborhoods would be like little self-sustaining cities and the home-owners council would oversee "greenhouse" areas or co-ops in the center of every community. This would be where all the neighborhood citizens would go to get their produce, fresh bread, organic/freerange meat and of course their pot. :laugh:

Nukeman
11-19-2007, 01:39 PM
Well, in this hypothetical existence, the United Blue States would buy food from all the places they currently import food from as well as their agricultural neighbors to the south in "Americuh." :laugh:The point is that even with less taxes the other states would more than make up their money with the agricultural industry. Also keep in mind the majority of the military does come from the red states as well..:coffee:

Abbey Marie
11-19-2007, 01:41 PM
The point is that even with less taxes the other states would more than make up their money with the agricultural industry. Also keep in mind the majority of the military does come from the red states as well..:coffee:

Not to mention the will to fight.

Also, imagine how quickly swamped the blue states would be by crime and expensive social programs such as welfare and unemployment. But I think ultimately, the unfettered lawsuits will do them in.

Hagbard Celine
11-19-2007, 01:42 PM
The point is that even with less taxes the other states would more than make up their money with the agricultural industry. Also keep in mind the majority of the military does come from the red states as well..:coffee:

Where does the majority of the money come from though? Taxes. And the majority of tax-payers live in Blue States. :poke:

Nukeman
11-19-2007, 01:42 PM

Not to mention the will to fight.True soo true!!!!!!:salute:

Hagbard Celine
11-19-2007, 01:45 PM

Not to mention the will to fight.

Also, imagine how quickly swamped the blue states would be by crime and expensive social programs such as welfare and unemployment. But I think ultimately, the unfettered lawsuits will do them in.

Who is it we need to fight anyway? The current war was totally avoidable. It's not as if Iraq posed any kind of immediate threat to us on the other side of the planet. It's a backwater. We could've avoided the whole thing by making our security better HERE.

Hagbard Celine
11-19-2007, 01:47 PM
[QUOTE=Abbey;156841]True soo true!!!!!!:salute:

Are you purposefully avoiding my point that the majority of the funding for our military comes from the most populated areas, which are Blue States? If the states split, the Red States wouldn't have enough money to form a decent military. They'd rely on arms imported from the UBSA.

Abbey Marie
11-19-2007, 01:48 PM
[QUOTE=Abbey;156841]

Who is it we need to fight anyway? The current war was totally avoidable. It's not as if Iraq posed any kind of immediate threat to us on the other side of the planet. It's a backwater. We could've avoided the whole thing by making our security better HERE.

Who do we need to fight? That can't be predicted. But we'd better be ready and willing if we have to.

Nukeman
11-19-2007, 01:48 PM
[QUOTE=Abbey;156841]

Who is it we need to fight anyway? The current war was totally avoidable. It's not as if Iraq posed any kind of immediate threat to us on the other side of the planet. It's a backwater. We could've avoided the whole thing by making our security better HERE.Hey yo know what your right... If we split into red/blue states the red have a great advantage we have those pesky blue states to ring around us so they can take the brunt of any attack. Thats a great idea!!!!!:cheers2:

Abbey Marie
11-19-2007, 01:50 PM
Just to clarify the above, I was not the author of the "Who do we need to fight" post. That was HC.

Hagbard Celine
11-19-2007, 01:53 PM
Just to clarify the above, I was not the author of the "Who do we need to fight" post. That was HC.

Don't worry, everyone would've instantly recognized its brilliance and attributed it to me even without your clarification. :poke:

Nukeman
11-19-2007, 01:54 PM
[QUOTE=Nukeman;156843]

Are you purposefully avoiding my point that the majority of the funding for our military comes from the most populated areas, which are Blue States? If the states split, the Red States wouldn't have enough money to form a decent military. They'd rely on arms imported from the UBSA.

Are most arms manufactured in blue states or red?

Are most of the military personel from blue states or red?

Is the military fed and nourished by blue states or red?

These are some question you may want to ask. If we dont pay enough in taxes we more than make up for it in people and supplies.

So you can have your unmanned, unfed, and unarmed military all you want. If you want those items you may have to take some of your "tax" dollars fromt he blue states and pay those grimey little red states dontcha think????

Nukeman
11-19-2007, 01:56 PM
Don't worry, everyone would've instantly recognized its brilliance and attributed it to me even without your clarification. :poke:
:puke3::puke3::puke3::puke3::puke3::slap:

Hagbard Celine
11-19-2007, 02:04 PM
:puke3::puke3::puke3::puke3::puke3::slap:

:laugh2:

Sitarro
11-19-2007, 02:13 PM

So Celine, you think that a separated United States would mean everything would stay the same except for borders? How typically naive. Just because a state might have a majority of dimwitted blue voters doesn't mean you keep all of the people. Forget the idea of Blue/Red...... think more along the lines of Democrat and Republican. You guys have criminals in prison, homeless, illegal border jumpers, ignorant union members, Hollywood, musicians, the worst in incompetent government workers, useless college professors, silly scientist, "people of color" and guilt ridden white people that aren't exactly full of common sense.

We have a majority of the military, firemen and police, heads of corporations and industry, medical professionals, farmers, ranchers, NASA, real scientist, smart actors and true professional musicians, intelligent professional athletes, capitalists and people who care about their children and aren't afraid of work on our side. Most importantly we also have The Creator guiding us, we will do just fine and hey, good luck to you guys.....:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Hagbard Celine
11-19-2007, 02:24 PM
So Celine, you think that a separated United States would mean everything would stay the same except for borders? How typically naive. Just because a state might have a majority of dimwitted blue voters doesn't mean you keep all of the people. Forget the idea of Blue/Red...... think more along the lines of Democrat and Republican. You guys have criminals in prison, homeless, illegal border jumpers, ignorant union members, Hollywood, musicians, the worst in incompetent government workers, useless college professors, silly scientist, "people of color" and guilt ridden white people that aren't exactly full of common sense.

We have a majority of the military, firemen and police, heads of corporations and industry, medical professionals, farmers, ranchers, NASA, real scientist, smart actors and true professional musicians, intelligent professional athletes, capitalists and people who care about their children and aren't afraid of work on our side. Most importantly we also have The Creator guiding us, we will do just fine and hey, good luck to you guys.....:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

What do you think Blue States import policemen from Red States or that Red States don't also have prisons and homeless people? You guys can keep your magic and crystal balls. The UBSA will rely on prudent economic and social policy to guide it. And don't forget that once the good citizens of Americuh declare NASCAR as the national past time and outlaw the teaching of science in their classrooms, there will be a mass exodus of all the scientists and engineers who currently call Red States home. :laugh2:

Monkeybone
11-19-2007, 02:28 PM
glad that you have such a nice view of us out here Hag. And actually, a good number of midwest and the likes go to the big cities ( Blue and Red) to be cops. one for looser tat policies (which are going away) and instead of waiting and working your way up in smaller cities/town departments you get in right away. Alot of the military reserves are on SWAT teams in big cities since you have to stay in certain degrees of shape.

Monkeybone
11-19-2007, 02:36 PM
plus, even if we didn't have a military we would have plenty of ppl to form multiple militias. and anything you take in at your bug ports will be tainted with Sewage or lead paint apprently.

but really for this post....my first response was "....um..so?" you support us with money, we support you will cheap stupid labor apprently and soldiers. it all works outs. :laugh2:

Sitarro
11-19-2007, 02:43 PM
What do you think Blue States import policemen from Red States or that Red States don't also have prisons and homeless people? You guys can keep your magic and crystal balls. The UBSA will rely on prudent economic and social policy to guide it. And don't forget that once the good citizens of Americuh declare NASCAR as the national past time and outlaw the teaching of science in their classrooms, there will be a mass exodus of all the scientists and engineers who currently call Red States home. :laugh2:

Again, you just don't get it. Just because a majority of the voters in a state vote democrat, it doesn't mean the state is populated with only democrats. Same with the red states, there are plenty of democrats in those states. That is the idiocy of the whole red state/blue state mentality. THis map is more of a true representation of our country.

Hagbard Celine
11-19-2007, 02:46 PM
Again, you just don't get it. Just because a majority of the voters in a state vote democrat, it doesn't mean the state is populated with only democrats. Same with the red states, there are plenty of democrats in those states. That is the idiocy of the whole red state/blue state mentality. THis map is more of a true representation of our country.

You don't think I know that every state has both kinds of voters living in it? I live in Georgia for God's sake. I'm just having fun talking about the UBSA. :dance:

Monkeybone
11-19-2007, 02:48 PM
so would we still need a passport to go from the URSE to the UBSA? or we would we reach understandings?

Sitarro
11-19-2007, 02:52 PM
You don't think I know that every state has both kinds of voters living in it? I live in Georgia for God's sake. I'm just having fun talking about the UBSA. :dance:

Funny how BS is incorporated in your new country's acronym because there would certainly be a lot of Bull Shiting going on there.

truthmatters
11-19-2007, 02:56 PM
http://www.cdfa.ca.gov/Statistics.html

Maybe you better take a good long look the map again after reading some of this information?

Hagbard Celine
11-19-2007, 02:59 PM
Funny how BS is incorporated in your new country's acronym because there would certainly be a lot of Bull Shiting going on there.

No kidding. It took you long enough to notice that. I've bolded it in every post I've made since I came up with it. :poke:

Sitarro
11-19-2007, 03:01 PM
http://www.cdfa.ca.gov/Statistics.html

Maybe you better take a good long look the map again after reading some of this information?

Yeah ace, did you notice how the areas east of Interstate 5 are almost all red? That is the agricultural areas of California.

April15
11-19-2007, 03:04 PM
Particularly telling is the chart on page 127. California clearly supplies not only the US but the worlds food.

truthmatters
11-19-2007, 03:06 PM
Yeah ace, did you notice how the areas east of Interstate 5 are almost all red? That is the agricultural areas of California.

But I thought you wanted to separate by state and not county?

Immanuel
11-19-2007, 03:12 PM
Well, in this hypothetical existence, the United Blue States would buy food from all the places they currently import food from as well as their agricultural neighbors to the south in "Americuh." :laugh: But, since hippies all have green thumbs, we probably wouldn't need much since in Blue States everyone would be required by law to supplement their diets with home-grown food in their "vic'try gardens." Not to mention, in the UBSA large neighborhoods would be like little self-sustaining cities and the home-owners council would oversee "greenhouse" areas or co-ops in the center of every community. This would be where all the neighborhood citizens would go to get their produce, fresh bread, organic/freerange meat and of course their pot. :laugh:

Hmm, last I checked the only thing hippies could grow is pot. And from what I understand, smoking pot leads to the munchies. Seems to me, that could lead to some problems.

Seriously, I have not read this entire thread and speaking as a conservative who loves every bit of this country even the blue states, I pray that nothing like this ever happens. :coffee:

Immie

Monkeybone
11-19-2007, 03:15 PM
But I thought you wanted to separate by state and not county?

they could split it. not like we don't already have states with the same names.

Hagbard Celine
11-19-2007, 03:17 PM
Hmm, last I checked the only thing hippies could grow is pot. And from what I understand, smoking pot leads to the munchies. Seems to me, that could lead to some problems.

Seriously, I have not read this entire thread and speaking as a conservative who loves every bit of this country even the blue states, I pray that nothing like this ever happens. :coffee:

Immie

Ever been to an organic food market? Notice how all the sellers have beards and wear birkenstocks? Yeah. Thought so. :cheers2:

April15
11-19-2007, 03:20 PM
I originally posted this item as RSR and mods called me on my assertion that Blue states supported the Red states financially.
By the comments here I guess people really dislike being partners in a nation. Don't worry as Bush has plans to sever the ties.

Immanuel
11-19-2007, 03:20 PM
Ever been to an organic food market? Notice how all the sellers have beards and wear birkenstocks? Yeah. Thought so. :cheers2:

Oh yeah, isn't that where they grow pot AND magic mushrooms side by side?

Immie

April15
11-19-2007, 03:21 PM
Ever been to an organic food market? Notice how all the sellers have beards and wear birkenstocks? Yeah. Thought so. :cheers2:Here they speak spanish and have old Ceby trucks!

Sitarro
11-19-2007, 03:31 PM

Yeah, they are the ones that shit on their crops and call it organic fertilizer.....enjoy that organic lettuce.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

PostmodernProphet
11-19-2007, 03:34 PM
it's all for the best you know....as the original article pointed out....

This state-by-state variation in federal tax burdens per capita is primarily due to the difference in per capita income among the states.
Since both of the federal government’s largest revenue raisers, the individual income tax and the payroll tax, are levied as a percentage of income, states with high income per capita will also have high federal tax collections per capita.

since the blue state voters are the ones that think the rich should pay most of the taxes, it is only appropriate that the rich folks in the blue states pick up most of the tab......

course, it's as expensive as all get out to live in them blue states....you know how much they charge for a plate of biscuits and gravy and a bottle of Two Buck Chuck in them fancy New England restaurants?........they have to earn themselves a whole lot more than us normal folks, just so they can afford the taxes they pay for us......

Hagbard Celine
11-19-2007, 03:39 PM
so would we still need a passport to go from the URSE to the UBSA? or we would we reach understandings?

Nah, it'd be impossible for the UBSA to monitor all the comings and goings of URSA citizens into its borders. They'd only require passports from passengers entering the UBSA on flights, trains and ships from the URSA and from Canada/Mexico.

Nukeman
11-19-2007, 04:56 PM
I originally posted this item as RSR and mods called me on my assertion that Blue states supported the Red states financially.
By the comments here I guess people really dislike being partners in a nation. Don't worry as Bush has plans to sever the ties.
Yo can be such a dumbass you knwo that!!! This whole thread has turned pretty much tounge-n-cheek and you and truthdoesntmatters come in and think we are all being serious you too really should get a f***ing life and realize that not everything said by someone in the conservative camp is to be taken as their version of gospel.

You two are a couple of morons to the umpteenth level......:poke:

April15
11-19-2007, 05:16 PM
it's all for the best you know....as the original article pointed out....

since the blue state voters are the ones that think the rich should pay most of the taxes, it is only appropriate that the rich folks in the blue states pick up most of the tab......

course, it's as expensive as all get out to live in them blue states....you know how much they charge for a plate of biscuits and gravy and a bottle of Two Buck Chuck in them fancy New England restaurants?........they have to earn themselves a whole lot more than us normal folks, just so they can afford the taxes they pay for us......Why would a person have biscuits with gravy? And what is two buck chuck?

Hagbard Celine
11-19-2007, 05:36 PM
Why would a person have biscuits with gravy? And what is two buck chuck?

Because biscuits with gravy are good. Mmm, biscuits and gravy...

PostmodernProphet
11-19-2007, 07:09 PM
Why would a person have biscuits with gravy? And what is two buck chuck?

you live in a blue state, don't you......

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/06/02/eveningnews/main556620.shtml

April15
11-19-2007, 08:04 PM
you live in a blue state, don't you......

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/06/02/eveningnews/main556620.shtml
Yes I do! I don't consume alcoholic beverages either.

5stringJeff
11-19-2007, 10:12 PM
Why would a person have biscuits with gravy?

Where's the WTF smiley when you need it...

Pale Rider
11-20-2007, 01:32 AM
Why are we still pressing this red/blue state issue? Are we trying to create another civil war?

Stop teasing.