PDA

View Full Version : Prepare to feel very uneasy

gabosaurus
11-19-2007, 06:13 PM
The airline security thread made me think about the reasons why we are unable to secure our country. Two reasons come up most.

The United States of America, the most powerful and affluent nation on earth, is afraid of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Our government kowtows to them at every opportunity.
Under an agreement with have with the Saudis, we can't deny entry to any Saudi resident that is traveling on "approved" business. That is "approved" by them, not us. That is why there are active terrorist cells in our country. There are KNOWN terrorists here. Because we can't deny them entry.
The Saudi government actively sponsors and funds terrorist groups. They sponsored 15 of the 19 alleged participants in the Sept. 11 attacks. We couldn't deny them entry. The original Sept. 11 Commission report detailed this. About 200 pages of the report were excised because the Saudi government objected to it.

Question: What is the easiest way to sneak a bomb on to an aircraft?
Answer: Become an employee of an airline, an airport or a company that does business with either.
If you are one of the above, you are not screened at any time. You have often unmonitored access to aircraft.
This was all part of a very frightening report from a couple of years ago (I believe done by Salon.com, but also published in a book). One person dressed as a caterer and went to an airport with a catering company. Placed a realistic looking fake bomb in a box and placed it in the regular catering boxes. Walked unchecked into the airport and onto a plane, where it was placed under a seat. Where it made a couple of flights before someone finally discovered it.
Another person placed a different box in a cockpit supply area. Similarly undetected.
Catering and cleaning people are often minimum wage. How much would it take for a terrorist to bribe one of them to place a bomb on an airplane? Probably not much.

darin
11-19-2007, 06:15 PM
I'm not uneasy.

gabosaurus
11-19-2007, 06:17 PM
So you are afraid of Muslims who try to sneak bombs on planes, but you are not afraid of the average person who CAN sneak bombs on planes.

darin
11-19-2007, 06:26 PM
I'm unafraid of either.

Sitarro
11-19-2007, 06:29 PM
The airline security thread made me think about the reasons why we are unable to secure our country. Two reasons come up most.

The United States of America, the most powerful and affluent nation on earth, is afraid of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Our government kowtows to them at every opportunity.
Under an agreement with have with the Saudis, we can't deny entry to any Saudi resident that is traveling on "approved" business. That is "approved" by them, not us. That is why there are active terrorist cells in our country. There are KNOWN terrorists here. Because we can't deny them entry.
The Saudi government actively sponsors and funds terrorist groups. They sponsored 15 of the 19 alleged participants in the Sept. 11 attacks. We couldn't deny them entry. The original Sept. 11 Commission report detailed this. About 200 pages of the report were excised because the Saudi government objected to it.

Answer: Become an employee of an airline, an airport or a company that does business with either.
If you are one of the above, you are not screened at any time. You have often unmonitored access to aircraft.
This was all part of a very frightening report from a couple of years ago (I believe done by Salon.com, but also published in a book). One person dressed as a caterer and went to an airport with a catering company. Placed a realistic looking fake bomb in a box and placed it in the regular catering boxes. Walked unchecked into the airport and onto a plane, where it was placed under a seat. Where it made a couple of flights before someone finally discovered it.
Another person placed a different box in a cockpit supply area. Similarly undetected.
Catering and cleaning people are often minimum wage. How much would it take for a terrorist to bribe one of them to place a bomb on an airplane? Probably not much.

I work for an airline, I have a uniform and yet I have to go through screening. I have had an unopened can of Red Bull taken from me because it was over 3 ounces of liquid( I was wearing a Federally assigned badge that allows me anywhere on the airport grounds except the runways). Even the entries that we use to get directly on the ramp have TSA screeners stopping us.

I do agree that we are lax in screening because politically correct hiring practices allow idiots to be hired to work around the airport. Everyday I see TSA employees playing with their cellphones instead of observing passengers walking from floor to floor........ I wonder if it's a coincidence that all of the worst TSA employees I see are black and seem to have less IQ than a jack rabbit.

April15
11-19-2007, 08:10 PM
It is a good thing I'm not a terrorist. Getting into an airport and onto the ramp area is so easy if you know what I do. But then the one I am thinking of I worked at and helped build.
Be afraid! 2009 is the next strike!

Said1
11-19-2007, 08:35 PM
We have an open visa policy with some countries too. Some have the same sort of visa policies with us, although not all countries who have these policies give the same concessions to each other. I think it's a fairly common practice. We just added someone back after they had been removed. I forget who and why.

glockmail
11-19-2007, 09:24 PM
It is a good thing I'm not a terrorist. Getting into an airport and onto the ramp area is so easy if you know what I do. But then the one I am thinking of I worked at and helped build.
Be afraid! 2009 is the next strike!
Why '09? I think the terrorists will take their sucess influencing elections in Spain a year or two back and attempt to apply hat tactic here. That means a week before the elction November 08. They will hope that we will act like Spain and vote liberal.

hjmick
11-19-2007, 09:53 PM
"Prepare to feel very uneasy?" I feel uneasy everytime I see you've started a new thread! ;)

April15
11-19-2007, 10:03 PM
Why '09? I think the terrorists will take their sucess influencing elections in Spain a year or two back and attempt to apply hat tactic here. That means a week before the elction November 08. They will hope that we will act like Spain and vote liberal.That would be within the time span. We will be voting liberal anyway. America has had it with the Bush war.

Said1
11-19-2007, 10:05 PM
That would be within the time span. We will be voting liberal anyway. America has had it with the Bush war.

What time span? End of times span?

glockmail
11-19-2007, 10:11 PM
That would be within the time span. We will be voting liberal anyway. America has had it with the Bush war. I know that you and your fellow libs will be voting for Hillary, but the red blooded of us just might vote for Huckabee or Thompson. So while you hope for a terrorist attack to improve your chances of HillaryCare, an attack on the US is more likely to steele our resolve against terrorists, not appease them. IMHO, of course.

5stringJeff
11-19-2007, 10:21 PM

I've noticed this too, and I can't explain it. I think it has to do with America's oil dependency, which I am convinced we need to drop like a bad habit.

Jeep Driver
11-19-2007, 10:43 PM
I've noticed this too, and I can't explain it. I think it has to do with America's oil dependency, which I am convinced we need to drop like a bad habit.
We will Jeff
Some of you may allready know this but at the bottom of the Gulf there is a sea of crude oil. It will just take some new equptment to get to it because of the depth.
Oil will cost a little more at first to cover cost of getting it out. but it will be our oil. And we will be a larger player at the world trading table for oil.
When we will decide to start going after this oil will depend on how much pressure we encounter from South America. and the Saudi bunch.
Also we have claimed a large part of the artic that is also rich in oil. But it too will cost to get it out.

April15
11-19-2007, 10:53 PM
I know that you and your fellow libs will be voting for Hillary, but the red blooded of us just might vote for Huckabee or Thompson. So while you hope for a terrorist attack to improve your chances of HillaryCare, an attack on the US is more likely to steele our resolve against terrorists, not appease them. IMHO, of course.Hillary still has to keep from blowing her lead. So much can happen between now and november. I think an attack here would push people to a conservative more so than a libby. It's the perception thing. Fighting terrorists is just like shadow boxing, great exercise but doesn't harm the shadow and gives a great feeling of invincebility.

Jeep Driver
11-19-2007, 10:58 PM
Hillary still has to keep from blowing her lead. So much can happen between now and november. I think an attack here would push people to a conservative more so than a libby. It's the perception thing. Fighting terrorists is just like shadow boxing, great exercise but doesn't harm the shadow and gives a great feeling of invincebility.
Do you see Hillary as the best dem to be pres?

82Marine89
11-19-2007, 11:26 PM
We will Jeff
Some of you may allready know this but at the bottom of the Gulf there is a sea of crude oil. It will just take some new equptment to get to it because of the depth.
Oil will cost a little more at first to cover cost of getting it out. but it will be our oil. And we will be a larger player at the world trading table for oil.
When we will decide to start going after this oil will depend on how much pressure we encounter from South America. and the Saudi bunch.
Also we have claimed a large part of the artic that is also rich in oil. But it too will cost to get it out.

To bad Bush placed that area off limits a few years back.

gabosaurus
11-19-2007, 11:44 PM
Total cluelessness. I should have expected it.

glockmail
11-20-2007, 09:07 AM
Hillary still has to keep from blowing her lead. So much can happen between now and november. I think an attack here would push people to a conservative more so than a libby. It's the perception thing. Fighting terrorists is just like shadow boxing, great exercise but doesn't harm the shadow and gives a great feeling of invincebility. It appears we agree that if America is attacked it will rely on its essence, which is to stand up for what is right and take up the challenge, instead of shirking its responsibilities. That means abandoning Hillary for a more, shall we say, serious, candidate.

LOki
11-20-2007, 09:58 AM

The Saudi government actively sponsors and funds terrorist groups. They sponsored 15 of the 19 alleged participants in the Sept. 11 attacks. We couldn't deny them entry. The original Sept. 11 Commission report detailed this. About 200 pages of the report were excised because the Saudi government objected to it. Irrelevent. Saudis are not a threat to our nation. Terrorists are not a threat to our nation. Those that leverage our irrational fear to the advantage of their authoritarian ponzi schemes are the actual threat to our nation.

Answer: Become an employee of an airline, an airport or a company that does business with either. Again, not terribly rellevent. They have not been trying to sneak bombs on planes. The airline security thread that you claim made you think, should have made you realize that IF anyone had been actually been trying to get a bomb on a plane, it would have happened already.

Catering and cleaning people are often minimum wage. How much would it take for a terrorist to bribe one of them to place a bomb on an airplane? Probably not much.See what I mean? You make my point, but remain frightened that some AYE-RAB is going to BLOWS YOU UPS.

Don't get me wrong here--I'm not saying that there are no Muslim extremists with nihilistic fantasies, nor that we should not remain attentive to our surroundings. I AM saying that rugged American tough-guys look silly while wearing a frilly dress and summer bonnet, running around with little pink booties, screaming "OH NOES!!! AYE-RABS!!!" at the top of their their lungs, all the time.

Sertes
11-20-2007, 10:47 AM
It appears we agree that if America is attacked it will rely on its essence, which is to stand up for what is right and take up the challenge, instead of shirking its responsibilities. That means abandoning Hillary for a more, shall we say, serious, candidate.

That's so true, someone may see it as an opportunity to extend his 8 year mandate into a perpetual state of emergency. How? Former national security advisor Zbigniew Brzezinski explained it to US congress on January 31, 2007:

"1. The war in Iraq is a historic, strategic, and moral calamity. Undertaken under false assumptions, it is undermining America's global legitimacy. Its collateral civilian casualties as well as some abuses are tarnishing America's moral credentials. Driven by Manichean impulses and imperial hubris, it is intensifying regional instability.

2. Only a political strategy that is historically relevant rather than reminiscent of colonial tutelage can provide the needed framework for a tolerable resolution of both the war in Iraq and the intensifying regional tensions.

If the United States continues to be bogged down in a protracted bloody involvement in Iraq, the final destination on this downhill track is likely to be a head-on conflict with Iran and with much of the world of Islam at large. A plausible scenario for a military collision with Iran involves Iraqi failure to meet the benchmarks; followed by accusations of Iranian responsibility for the failure; then by some provocation in Iraq or a terrorist act in the U.S. blamed on Iran; culminating in a "defensive" U.S. military action against Iran that plunges a lonely America into a spreading and deepening quagmire eventually ranging across Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, and Pakistan."

Source: http://www.thewashingtonnote.com/archives/001916.php

Of course that was January, today the first two steps of the "possible scenario" have already occured

glockmail
11-20-2007, 11:02 AM
That's so true, someone may see it as an opportunity to extend his 8 year mandate into a perpetual state of emergency. How? Former national security advisor Zbigniew Brzezinski explained it to US congress on January 31, 2007:

"1. The war in Iraq is a historic, strategic, and moral calamity. Undertaken under false assumptions, it is undermining America's global legitimacy. Its collateral civilian casualties as well as some abuses are tarnishing America's moral credentials. Driven by Manichean impulses and imperial hubris, it is intensifying regional instability.

2. Only a political strategy that is historically relevant rather than reminiscent of colonial tutelage can provide the needed framework for a tolerable resolution of both the war in Iraq and the intensifying regional tensions.

If the United States continues to be bogged down in a protracted bloody involvement in Iraq, the final destination on this downhill track is likely to be a head-on conflict with Iran and with much of the world of Islam at large. A plausible scenario for a military collision with Iran involves Iraqi failure to meet the benchmarks; followed by accusations of Iranian responsibility for the failure; then by some provocation in Iraq or a terrorist act in the U.S. blamed on Iran; culminating in a "defensive" U.S. military action against Iran that plunges a lonely America into a spreading and deepening quagmire eventually ranging across Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, and Pakistan."

Source: http://www.thewashingtonnote.com/archives/001916.php

Of course that was January, today the first two steps of the "possible scenario" have already occured

Jiminy Carter's National Security Advisor. Need I say more? :lol:

April15
11-20-2007, 12:37 PM
Do you see Hillary as the best dem to be pres?I don't see any of the current candidates as being the best for America. Considering what a person must endure to lead a nation I can understand why the best people do not subject themselves to such petty behavior.

REDWHITEBLUE2
11-20-2007, 04:37 PM
Be afraid! 2009 is the next strike! Only if America elects a Democrat:dance:

Jeep Driver
11-20-2007, 04:40 PM
I don't see any of the current candidates as being the best for America. Considering what a person must endure to lead a nation I can understand why the best people do not subject themselves to such petty behavior.
I compleatly agree. the field is not what it could be. I do like the gov. form the great state of Ariozna. I just thought you might have been able to get behind one. kind of the lesser of 6 or 7 evils.
Thanks.

MtnBiker
11-20-2007, 04:46 PM
So you are afraid of Muslims who try to sneak bombs on planes, but you are not afraid of the average person who CAN sneak bombs on planes.

Are average people sneaking bombs on planes?

Jeep Driver
11-20-2007, 04:46 PM
To bad Bush placed that area off limits a few years back.

I would call it a safe bet that when we have the equpt. to do the job, ready to go. nobody will be able to keep us off that area.

Jeep Driver
11-20-2007, 05:04 PM
Total cluelessness. I should have expected it.
You could at least have guts enough to be clear about who you are
trying to disrespect. Or do you have the habit of lacking the bravery to confront those you dislike .
If you wish to take issue with my post .
Do so as if you have something worth sharing with us.
I will say I did not mean to get off track of the thread so far but I was inspired by Rebel Jeff ( yes I know it's 5 string).
Come on gabosaurus try again you can do it.
Tell us what your crystal ball has told you.

April15
11-20-2007, 05:34 PM
I compleatly agree. the field is not what it could be. I do like the gov. form the great state of Ariozna. I just thought you might have been able to get behind one. kind of the lesser of 6 or 7 evils.
Thanks.At this time in America we do need a very strong leader. The ones with a good military history would be probably the best for US. Unfortunately they would not go through the grist mill that is modern election politics. McCain has been beat up in politics by bush and so many others that I don't think he is electable. Petraeus or someone of his caliber would be a true benefit for us. Short of a real qualified leader I don't see any worthy of my vote. None could unite the nation and that is to me of utmost urgency.

Jeep Driver
11-20-2007, 06:03 PM
At this time in America we do need a very strong leader. The ones with a good military history would be probably the best for US. Unfortunately they would not go through the grist mill that is modern election politics. McCain has been beat up in politics by bush and so many others that I don't think he is electable. Petraeus or someone of his caliber would be a true benefit for us. Short of a real qualified leader I don't see any worthy of my vote. None could unite the nation and that is to me of utmost urgency.
You hit it right on the head
----------------Unite The Nation--------------
How about Jay Leno?

April15
11-21-2007, 12:25 AM
You hit it right on the head
----------------Unite The Nation--------------
How about Jay Leno?He would fit in nice with the comics that are running for election!