PDA

View Full Version : Elaborate Wool Pulled Over Our Eyes: Obama's Always Been Hillary's V.P..

eighballsidepocket
11-20-2007, 05:47 PM
My title says it in a nutshell.

I really think that all this fussing amongst Clinton backers and Obama backers is the biggest smoke screen in years.

I think that conservative Novak who scooped this alleged internal stuff from anonymous high-up Demos. is going to result in Novak looking like a real used, dupe to the Demos. advantage.

I think that there has been back room hand shakes that already have Obama, as the V.P. running mate of Hillary, and all the public disagreements between the two candidates are just a sham, but mind you, a good one at that.

When conservatives disagree, it's s true disagreement, but when Democrats disagree, it's only skin deep, or not anything fracturous to the party. Success of the party is most important, where in the Conservative camp, there can be lots of bonafide fractures based on very fundamental issues of governing..i.e. abortion, pro-choice, lowering taxes, raising taxes, individual's rights versus, imminent domain.

In fact conservatives are so idealistic at times that they are willing to give up the power and fracture, rather than compromise what they individually stand for. Just check out the majority of radio talking-heads, as most are conservatives. It's doubtful that you can find more that two that will give the other an atta-boy except for Hannity and Rush. Savage is a maverick, and many more all follow various degrees of difference.

So what makes the news when the Democrats squabble? Are these deep seated philosophical issues as in the conservative camp. Not often. How many Democrats are against Abortion? How many are for lowering taxes? How many are for education reform that includes the teachers unions too? How many are for strong immigration controls? How many are strongly speaking out against terrorism? How many are interested in developing viable energy production within our borders, and not "pie in the sky" solar, wind, algae, ethanol, methods that can't even touch the tip of the problem. What Democrats are bold enough to encourage massive nuclear power plant building in the U.S. as France and China are doing?

To me it is just a way of making the party look like it has variety in philosophy, when it actually is in lock-step in the philosophical area, where it really counts and provides the votes to have the "power". I don't care who comes to government versus the ballot box. They all get to enjoying the freebies, the power, the influence, the accolades from the masses and media.
Ok, it's my opinion, but since I'm not a wagering man, I still think that Obama and Hillary are ready for a "love fest".

If I'm wrong, then I need a good education in human nature. The Clinton influence behind the scenes in the Democratic party are massive.........Mark my words!

Folks, a woman prez, and a black V.P......all the chemistry for a landslide. It's a popular, "in thing". It's P.C. to the ultimate. The heck with their philosophical bent or backgrounds, the vast majority of the American people know more about American Idol and Dancing with the Stars than what politicians stand for. Hollywood is the place to get your best recommendations when filling out your sample ballot on election day.

Even our esteemed governator of California, pulled the old wool over our eyes.......as he makes his past Democratic and Republican governors in California, seem extremely passive and moderate. Some change to our economy. By the flick of the Goverernor's pen, we could be importing in EPA formulated gasoline to drive down our California formulated fuel prices. We are the only state that has different gasoline formulation to allegedly make for cleaner burning exhaust output of vehicles. It has been proven by scientists that California's gas formulation is not better, and might even be more detrimental to the environment that the Federal EPA formulated fuels. Schwarznegger came in and plays both sides......Again, we got duped.......The Hillary/Obama ticket will be the next practical joke on us.

The presidential elections are just a popularity contest. If Tim Robbins, Sean Penn or Eric Baldwin think so and so is the best prez, they trump William Buckley and Thomas Sol in wisdom and influence.

We are such a dumb and duped people for the most part. I remember when old Camelot ran for president in the 60's( By the way, his own party nowadays would have never nominated JFK. He was too conservative.). His haircut showed up on every Democratic candidate for the following 20 years. The dry, non Vitalis look. Popularity based on vanity, vanity, vanity.........elected based mostly on vanity, vanity, vanity. :)

actsnoblemartin
11-20-2007, 05:50 PM
I would not be surprised, democrats would play the race card, and the woman card over and over and over again.

My title says it in a nutshell.

I really think that all this fussing amongst Clinton backers and Obama backers is the biggest smoke screen in years.

I think that conservative Novak who scooped this alleged internal stuff from anonymous high-up Demos. is going to result in Novak looking like a real used, dupe to the Demos. advantage.

I think that there has been back room hand shakes that already have Obama, as the V.P. running mate of Hillary, and all the public disagreements between the two candidates are just a sham, but mind you, a good one at that.

When conservatives disagree, it's s true disagreement, but when Democrats disagree, it's only skin deep, or not anything fracturous to the party. Success of the party is most important, where in the Conservative camp, there can be lots of bonafide fractures based on very fundamental issues of governing..i.e. abortion, pro-choice, lowering taxes, raising taxes, individual's rights versus, imminent domain.

In fact conservatives are so idealistic at times that they are willing to give up the power and fracture, rather than compromise what they individually stand for. Just check out the majority of radio talking-heads, as most are conservatives. It's doubtful that you can find more that two that will give the other an atta-boy except for Hannity and Rush. Savage is a maverick, and many more all follow various degrees of difference.

So what makes the news when the Democrats squabble? Are these deep seated philosophical issues as in the conservative camp. Not often. How many Democrats are against Abortion? How many are for lowering taxes? How many are for education reform that includes the teachers unions too? How many are for strong immigration controls? How many are strongly speaking out against terrorism? How many are interested in developing viable energy production within our borders, and not "pie in the sky" solar, wind, algae, ethanol, methods that can't even touch the tip of the problem. What Democrats are bold enough to encourage massive nuclear power plant building in the U.S. as France and China are doing?

To me it is just a way of making the party look like it has variety in philosophy, when it actually is in lock-step in the philosophical area, where it really counts and provides the votes to have the "power". I don't care who comes to government versus the ballot box. They all get to enjoying the freebies, the power, the influence, the accolades from the masses and media.
Ok, it's my opinion, but since I'm not a wagering man, I still think that Obama and Hillary are ready for a "love fest".

If I'm wrong, then I need a good education in human nature. The Clinton influence behind the scenes in the Democratic party are massive.........Mark my words!

Folks, a woman prez, and a black V.P......all the chemistry for a landslide. It's a popular, "in thing". It's P.C. to the ultimate. The heck with their philosophical bent or backgrounds, the vast majority of the American people know more about American Idol and Dancing with the Stars than what politicians stand for. Hollywood is the place to get your best recommendations when filling out your sample ballot on election day.

Even our esteemed governator of California, pulled the old wool over our eyes.......as he makes his past Democratic and Republican governors in California, seem extremely passive and moderate. Some change to our economy. By the flick of the Goverernor's pen, we could be importing in EPA formulated gasoline to drive down our California formulated fuel prices. We are the only state that has different gasoline formulation to allegedly make for cleaner burning exhaust output of vehicles. It has been proven by scientists that California's gas formulation is not better, and might even be more detrimental to the environment that the Federal EPA formulated fuels. Schwarznegger came in and plays both sides......Again, we got duped.......The Hillary/Obama ticket will be the next practical joke on us.

The presidential elections are just a popularity contest. If Tim Robbins, Sean Penn or Eric Baldwin think so and so is the best prez, they trump William Buckley and Thomas Sol in wisdom and influence.

We are such a dumb and duped people for the most part. I remember when old Camelot ran for president in the 60's( By the way, his own party nowadays would have never nominated JFK. He was too conservative.). His haircut showed up on every Democratic candidate for the following 20 years. The dry, non Vitalis look. Popularity based on vanity, vanity, vanity.........elected based mostly on vanity, vanity, vanity. :)

Gaffer
11-20-2007, 06:25 PM
In 2004 obama appeared as the keynote speaker at the dem convention. No one had ever heard of him before that. At that time I said he would be hillary's running mate in 08. He has to show a good fight with her and help pull a large number of votes then he will get the nod after she gets the nomination. It will be hillary obama in 08.

HO for president.

11-20-2007, 10:36 PM
i just dont see Obama as the VP. I cant see Hillary picking anyone that doesnt help her in a swing state. I think she is far more likely to pick someone like Ed Rendell than go for Obama.

JohnDoe
11-20-2007, 10:50 PM
I can't see an Obama / Hillary ticket either.... She already has a great deal of the Black community's vote from what I have heard and in my opinion she will pick someone from a state who will help her win the Presidency as Avatar said.....she is too calculated not to do that....

Very well writen/thought out thread though! And I could possibly come to eat my words, so I reserve the "right" to change my mind! :D

jd

Abbey Marie
11-21-2007, 12:04 AM
I agree with Avatar & JD. Obama adds little to Haillary's appeal. If she is the nominee, she will already have the black and liberal votes. She needs a running mate who will bring in moderate voters, and that will probably be a white male from the south or the southwest.