PDA

View Full Version : "he called me a name, so I shot him in the face."

darin
11-20-2007, 06:05 PM
Reading this story makes me sick. Hurts my stomach. :(

TACOMA, Wash. -- Pierce County prosecutors on Tuesday filed aggravated murder charges against the man accused of killing a young couple in their Graham home.

The charge carries the possibility of death penalty.

According to a statement of probable cause, Daniel Thomas Tavares Jr. admitted to detectives that he shot Brian and Beverly Mauck last weekend in their home and tried to cover up the crime.

The court documents state that Tavares said he went to collect a $50 debt from Brian Mauck on Saturday morning and became upset when Mauck insulted him.

Tavares, 41, said he wasn't going to put up with being called a name "after spending 20 years in prison" and shot Brian in the face with a .22-caliber handgun, according to the documents.

Investigators said Beverly Mauck witnessed her husband's killing and tried to run away, but Tavares chased her down and shot her in the head.

Fingerprint experts found a bloody palm print from Tavares on the front door of the Mauck's home, and shoe prints that match the unique tread design of a pair of shoes owned by Tavares.

Taveres' wife, Jennifer Tavares, was arrested for allegedly helping cover up the crime. Court documents indicate she told detectives that her husband was with her at the time the Mauck were killed, but later admitted to investigators that her husband was gone for about 20 minutes and he told what he'd done.

She also told detectives that her husband threw the murder weapon off a cliff.

Daniel Tavares was released from a prison in Walpole, Mass. on June 14, where he served a sentence for manslaughter in the 1991 stabbing death of his mother, 46-year-old Ann Tavares.

Rest at Link: http://www.komotv.com/news/11657071.html

:(

NOT just because they were an attractive couple - (I'd concede this is getting more local play than if they were homely) - but because they are my age, AND this happened just a few miles from where I live. :(

actsnoblemartin
11-20-2007, 06:10 PM
kill that faggot slowly

NOT just because they were an attractive couple - (I'd concede this is getting more local play than if they were homely) - but because they are my age, AND this happened just a few miles from where I live. :(

JohnDoe
11-20-2007, 07:43 PM
I wonder....did he have the gun illegally, since he was a convicted felon?

And you are right Darin, this is just tragic!!!

jd

darin
11-20-2007, 08:11 PM
I wonder....did he have the gun illegally, since he was a convicted felon?

And you are right Darin, this is just tragic!!!

jd

Of course he had it illegally. :(

chesswarsnow
11-20-2007, 09:48 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. I don't think they have the, *Death Penalty* up there DMP???
2. He will just go back to jail, and sit, then after many years get out again.
3. This just isn't right on so many levels.
4. And *Justice* sucks like hell up there.
5. Judgement has left the left coast.:pee:*Justice System (WEST) Coast*
6. Its safe to say this piece of crap killed his own mother, and was released from jail, *Pure Insanity*.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

darin
11-20-2007, 10:01 PM
We do...we just never apply it. In fact, the GREEN RIVER killer got "lilfe".

Yurt
11-20-2007, 10:06 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. I don't think they have the, *Death Penalty* up there DMP???
2. He will just go back to jail, and sit, then after many years get out again.
3. This just isn't right on so many levels.
4. And *Justice* sucks like hell up there.
5. Judgement has left the left coast.:pee:*Justice System East Coast*
6. Its safe to say this piece of crap killed his own mother, and was released from jail, *Pure Insanity*.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Trust me, he won't get out again. Even if WA law only gives him a set time, which I believe will be longer than 25 years, this dude will be an old man. Further, they have "special" places on McNiel (sp?) Island where they keep "special" people even after their sentence is over. I guarantee you once WA corrections gets a hold of him, he will always be "special."

Yurt
11-20-2007, 10:09 PM

I just wanted to add, that this guy will probably convince many people that convicts don't deserve a "second chance" e.g., to get out. In some cases, this is rightfully so, however, in others, we can commit the gravest crimes and through years of "redemption" bars, redeem ourselves.

My question in this case is:

how did he get only manslaughter for STABBING his mother. He must have pled.

11-20-2007, 10:34 PM
I've said it once, and I have no doubt that I will say it in the future: Criminals are idiots.

ooh he called you a name. Join the club. Everyone has been called a name at some point in their life. It isnt worth going to jail and possibly the death penalty. Anyone who is that shallow and stupid deserves the punishment they get.

-Cp
11-20-2007, 11:05 PM
Yet another strong piece of evidence that Prison rehibilitates nobody...

Yurt
11-20-2007, 11:28 PM
Yet another strong piece of evidence that Prison rehibilitates nobody...

like i said.....

Yurt
11-20-2007, 11:30 PM
I've said it once, and I have no doubt that I will say it in the future: Criminals are idiots.

ooh he called you a name. Join the club. Everyone has been called a name at some point in their life. It isnt worth going to jail and possibly the death penalty. Anyone who is that shallow and stupid deserves the punishment they get.

Who defines all "criminals?" David in the Bible was a criminal.

darin
11-20-2007, 11:47 PM
Makes me think I'll pick up something like this, for mary.

http://www.gunblast.com/images/Taurus-Judge/DSC00279.jpg

gabosaurus
11-21-2007, 12:10 AM
Anglo people are getting more violent every day...

Dilloduck
11-21-2007, 12:12 AM

I know----I hate those English bastards too. :laugh2:

Pale Rider
11-21-2007, 02:49 AM

Hey... you tryin' to piss me off? :lmao:

Pale Rider
11-21-2007, 03:43 AM
Makes me think I'll pick up something like this, for mary.

http://www.gunblast.com/images/Taurus-Judge/DSC00279.jpg

Are those fake bullets or what? Mini shot gun shells for a pistol?

-Cp
11-21-2007, 04:34 AM
Are those fake bullets or what? Mini shot gun shells for a pistol?

It's a .45 pistol that also shoots .410 shotgun shells:

http://www.taurususa.com/products/product-details.cfm?id=199&category=Revolver

http://www.taurususa.com/images/imagesMain/44-410L1side.jpg

5stringJeff
11-21-2007, 08:50 AM
It's a .45 pistol that also shoots .410 shotgun shells:

http://www.taurususa.com/products/product-details.cfm?id=199&category=Revolver

http://www.taurususa.com/images/imagesMain/44-410L1side.jpg

I bet that's got a hell of a kick.

chesswarsnow
11-21-2007, 09:36 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. I find this very telling.
2. And could apply to some folks here.
3. Who through rough words show where their heart is.
4. I would say, many here if confronted with just the right derogatory words, would kill in an instant.
5. I don't want this to be an attack post, so I will leave the object of it blank, but the person I would say that most fits this guys reality is, (___).
6. Anyway, thats my opinion.
7. People who attack others without provocation are candidates for mass murders.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

darin
11-21-2007, 09:40 AM
I bet that's got a hell of a kick.

It'd kick harder w/ the .45 round than the 410 - i'd bet money on it. But what a fantastic self/home/car defense pistol. Load 3 shots of the 410, then two of the 45 in case he keeps coming at ya.

Hagbard Celine
11-21-2007, 09:44 AM
Wow, they were a beautiful couple. What a loss. Atleast this guy is off the street again--hopefully for good.