PDA

View Full Version : HOLY CRAP!! Runner breaks leg - TWICE - and crawls to finish

darin
11-20-2007, 06:24 PM
Driven by determination, a local runner from Burton Township, breaks her leg during a cross country meet, but still makes it across the finish line.

Claire Markwardt is a cross country runner for the Berkshire High School track team. She was participating in the Ohio state high school cross country championship in Columbus November third, then had plans to be maid of honor at her sister's wedding that evening.

"I was fine until about 200 meters away and then it started to hurt and then it cracked a couple times," says Claire. The amazing finish was captured by several cameras.

Claire made it within forty feet of the finish line when her leg broke. She tried to get up, but it broke again.

"I knew I really couldn't stay there and I didn't wanna let my team down and I had gone that far, so there wasn't really a point in laying there." she said.

Amazingly, with a leg broken in several places, Claire crawled the rest of the way across the finish line. "It was my last race of my senior year and I didn't know how my team was doing in the race, but I wanted us to be as high as we could." she said.

http://www.myfoxcleveland.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail;jsessionid=1E1286B5926BA2D2E7DF6678E8E8B65A ?contentId=4980198&version=5&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1&sflg=1

Watch the vid.

No words to describe that woman. WOW! That girl is amazing.

actsnoblemartin
11-20-2007, 06:33 PM
what a dame ;), id like to date her