PDA

View Full Version : When do the Apologies to The President start rolling in?

Sitarro
11-21-2007, 04:12 AM
Looks like President Bush was correct all along on the stem cell debate that had scientist and idiot liberals from Hollywood to New York going crazy.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2004026734_stem21.html

Stem-cell breakthrough might erase controversy
By Seattle Times news services

Stem-cell breakthrough may help UW researchers
How new studies may change the stem-cell research debate
Funding fight

The Washington Post

Teams of scientists reported Tuesday they've succeeded in reprogramming human skin cells so they behave like highly prized but controversial embryonic stem cells. If the work overcomes "serious" hurdles, the breakthrough could benefit science without the controversy that has dogged stem-cell research.

While these cells don't have every attribute of the infinitely reprogrammable stem cells from embryos, they also don't present the moral quandary of those cells. Until now, such versatile stem cells could be obtained only by destroying a 4- to 5-day-old discarded embryo, which has bogged down the research in a nasty scientific and political quagmire.

The work appeared online in two prestigious journals, Cell and Science. The Cell paper comes from a group led by Shinya Yamanaka of Kyoto University in Japan. The Science paper comes from a group led by Junying Yu and James Thomson at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Five months ago, the Yamanaka group reported similar success with mouse cells, setting the stage for the effort to get the technique to work in human cells.

5stringJeff
11-21-2007, 08:42 AM
Great find Sitarro! Looks like you don't need to use embryonic stem cells after all.

Hagbard Celine
11-21-2007, 09:45 AM
F*ck the president. This is great news for victims of spinal injuries and genetic disorders though! Great news! The f*ck does the prez have to do with stem cell research? He disagreed with stemcell research on religious grounds. Are you now claiming he foresaw this discovery? This is the guy who said I.D. should be taught in science classes. Get over yourself. I'm just glad they've made this discovery so that we can finally get some unhindered research done on these cells and start saving some lives without the "moral majority" sticking their big, dumb noses into it.

April15
11-21-2007, 09:59 AM
I go with HC on this! I still think Embryonic will prove to be less problematic than the new discovery. It seems the new technique is very suseptable to cancer growth.

darin
11-21-2007, 10:06 AM
You guys just get your rocks off knowing innocent babies are being killed for your fake "Greater-good". :-/

Hagbard Celine
11-21-2007, 10:11 AM
You guys just get your rocks off knowing innocent babies are being killed for your fake "Greater-good". :-/

Yes. You've hit the nail on the head. Instead of deer heads, I and many other "libs" like me have mounted babies in their dens. I brush my teeth with pureed fetuses and my house slippers are actually hollowed-out babies.

darin
11-21-2007, 10:18 AM
You're a regular Jame 'Buffalo Bill' Gumb meets Martha Stewart.

April15
11-21-2007, 10:23 AM

April15
11-21-2007, 10:25 AM
You guys just get your rocks off knowing innocent babies are being killed for your fake "Greater-good". :-/Innocent babies? A fetus is not a baby! If you think it is a baby then sperm and egg that are not mated for reproduction is a murder too! Get a life!

Monkeybone
11-21-2007, 11:20 AM
Innocent babies? A fetus is not a baby! If you think it is a baby then sperm and egg that are not mated for reproduction is a murder too! Get a life!

so fity cents is equal to a dollar? cuz you know..it's also just half.

but to it, not that i am for abortion and making fetus/babies just to get stem cells, i have to agree with HC's point that what...Bush saw this coming or commisioned them to do it? just because they found another way to make them (kudos to them for doing it) doesnt' make Buch..um..right (?) that is the word that comes to mind. but it also doesn't make him wrong in his position on it also.

Sitarro
11-21-2007, 01:23 PM
F*ck the president. This is great news for victims of spinal injuries and genetic disorders though! Great news! The f*ck does the prez have to do with stem cell research? He disagreed with stemcell research on religious grounds. Are you now claiming he foresaw this discovery? This is the guy who said I.D. should be taught in science classes. Get over yourself. I'm just glad they've made this discovery so that we can finally get some unhindered research done on these cells and start saving some lives without the "moral majority" sticking their big, dumb noses into it.

Wow, what a surprise that you would have nothing but negatives to say about this. You agreed with a bunch of lazy, grant demanding, pseudo scientists and now you and they have been proven to be incompetent boobs...... too bad kid. You are naive enough to actually believe the fools that continually underestimate the President's intelligence and once again he has proven that you and they are the ones with a very limited intellect. :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

As for April, you can call a living, baby human whatever you want, it doesn't change what it actually is. I have never heard a mother exclaim..... "my fetus just kicked me!". Then again, they are the ones carrying the child and know exactly what they have inside of them. Fetus is a word that was created to make it easier for people like you to marginalize life..... you are lying to yourself. Try googling abortion and see what a baby looks like at 4 weeks old.

Little-Acorn
11-21-2007, 02:25 PM
Looks like President Bush was correct all along on the stem cell debate that had scientist and idiot liberals from Hollywood to New York going crazy.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Noting new about that. Even though research in both adult and embryonic stem cells has been moving with equal speed, virtually all the advances, maladies cured, etc. have come from the adult stem cell branch. Virtually none from the embryonic stem cell research. This has been true for many years.

Now it looks like someone has gotten common (adult) skin cells to act like stem cells. More power to them. That part is new, but the uselessness of embryonic stem cell research isn't new at all.

BTW, Bush never banned embryonic stem cell research. In fact, Congress passed several bills giving Federal money for stem cell research. None of it was allocated for embryonic stem cells, is all. Private research (which constitutes the bulk of all research, despite the dreams of big-govt advocates) has gone on full speed into both embryonic and adult stem cells. But only adult stem cells have yielded useful results.

actsnoblemartin
11-21-2007, 02:27 PM
they should start rollling in now

Hagbard Celine
11-21-2007, 02:29 PM
Wow, what a surprise that you would have nothing but negatives to say about this. You agreed with a bunch of lazy, grant demanding, pseudo scientists and now you and they have been proven to be incompetent boobs...... too bad kid. You are naive enough to actually believe the fools that continually underestimate the President's intelligence and once again he has proven that you and they are the ones with a very limited intellect. :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

As for April, you can call a living, baby human whatever you want, it doesn't change what it actually is. I have never heard a mother exclaim..... "my fetus just kicked me!". Then again, they are the ones carrying the child and know exactly what they have inside of them. Fetus is a word that was created to make it easier for people like you to marginalize life..... you are lying to yourself. Try googling abortion and see what a baby looks like at 4 weeks old.

There's nothing negative about what I wrote other than bashing this stupid-ass thread. In fact, if you'll read my post instead of staring at yourself in the mirror you'll see that I said it's great news. But I won't bore you with FACTS. This thread is the only negative thing I see. Instead of celebrating the discovery of these cells, it starts out as a political attack on scientists and "libs." A frothing, junk-yard dog bullsh*t barking fit. That's all it is. And the sad thing is that it's typical of you and others on this board. :dunno:

April15
11-21-2007, 04:46 PM

As for April, you can call a living, baby human whatever you want, it doesn't change what it actually is. I have never heard a mother exclaim..... "my fetus just kicked me!". Then again, they are the ones carrying the child and know exactly what they have inside of them. Fetus is a word that was created to make it easier for people like you to marginalize life..... you are lying to yourself. Try googling abortion and see what a baby looks like at 4 weeks old.They look like little humans. I've seen them and we even have a religious nut here who has his truck plastered with posters of dead fetuses and parks it at planned parenthood centers. The guy is a jerk. Ross Foti is his name. In the papers all the time because of the photos. As for women speaking of a "baby" kicking them it is a fetus until it is viable outside the womb with only suckling and mothers warmth to survive. Other than that the gob of cells is no more than a growth in a body like cancer or tumor.

retiredman
11-21-2007, 09:10 PM

I certainly have no negatives to say about this discovery...I also do not see how this scientific breakthrough would be reason to aplogize to George Bush about anything.

Psychoblues
11-24-2007, 12:11 AM
Thank you, mfm.

I certainly have no negatives to say about this discovery...I also do not see how this scientific breakthrough would be reason to aplogize to George Bush about anything.

GWB is still the idiot he has always been and the anti stem cell research proponents are as well. Babies, indeed?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Fearmongering in the worst sense!!!!!!!!!!

Pale Rider
11-26-2007, 12:01 PM
Innocent babies? A fetus is not a baby! If you think it is a baby then sperm and egg that are not mated for reproduction is a murder too! Get a life!

Whether or not you want to call it a "baby," it's LIFE, and it's HUMAN.

And since you think it's ok to KILL said HUMAN LIFE, what the hell do you know about it to tell Darin to "get a life?"

darin
11-26-2007, 12:25 PM
Whether or not you want to call it a "baby" or not, it's LIFE, and it's HUMAN.

And since you think it's ok to KILL said HUMAN LIFE, what the hell do you know about it to tell Darin to "get a life?"

He doesn't know anything about me. Often, Scared, confused, overwhelmed adolescents use the phrase in an attempt to make themselves FEEL better. :)

Psychoblues
11-29-2007, 02:21 AM
No shitski!!!!!!!

He doesn't know anything about me. Often, Scared, confused, overwhelmed adolescents use the phrase in an attempt to make themselves FEEL better. :)

Who would wanna know anything about you?

glockmail
11-29-2007, 07:16 AM
.....The f*ck does the prez have to do with stem cell research? ..... GWB used ethics to guide his decision. This proves that medical decisions should be guided by ethics.

Sittaro: don't hold your breath waiting for an apology, or even an acknowledgement, from any liberal. That would require them to "man up".

typomaniac
11-29-2007, 12:56 PM
GWB used ethics to guide his decision. This proves that medical decisions should be guided by ethics.

Sittaro: don't hold your breath waiting for an apology, or even an acknowledgement, from any liberal. That would require them to "man up".

I didn't imagine any further erosion was possible, but clearly that Vicodin-popping hutt has rotted away even the little chunk of chicken fat you used to call a brain.

"Oh-great-lea-der-boosh...yoo-are-such-a-jeee-nius..."

manu1959
11-29-2007, 01:12 PM
so bush's actions caused science to try harder to find another option and they did.....

seems like a good thing.....

typomaniac
11-29-2007, 07:11 PM
so bush's actions caused science to try harder to find another option and they did.....

Uh huh. Sure. And no scientists were even the slightest bit uncomfortable about playing with embryos. Oh, no, they couldn't possibly be motivated by their OWN sense of morality. :rolleyes:
:slap:

glockmail
11-30-2007, 06:56 PM
I didn't imagine any further erosion was possible, but clearly that Vicodin-popping hutt has rotted away even the little chunk of chicken fat you used to call a brain.

"Oh-great-lea-der-boosh...yoo-are-such-a-jeee-nius..." When have I ever equated your brain with chicken fat?

typomaniac
12-01-2007, 08:14 PM
When have I ever equated your brain with chicken fat?

It wouldn't be possible: I avoid listening to the vicodin-popping Hutt at all costs.

Psychoblues
12-01-2007, 11:22 PM
Does science disturb you?

Why the rush for political solutions to scientific research and evaluation?

gabosaurus
12-04-2007, 04:01 PM
When do the Apologies to The President start rolling in?

About the same time he starts apologizing for all the rest of his fuck-ups since Jan. of 2001.

Sitarro
12-04-2007, 08:38 PM
Uh huh. Sure. And no scientists were even the slightest bit uncomfortable about playing with embryos. Oh, no, they couldn't possibly be motivated by their OWN sense of morality. :rolleyes:
:slap:

Follow the grant money, science is for sale and will go with the highest bidder.

typomaniac
12-04-2007, 09:03 PM
Follow the grant money, science is for sale and will go with the highest bidder.

So everyone who hands out grant money is an immoral baby killer? :lol:

Pepper
12-04-2007, 09:11 PM
[QUOTE=Sitarro;157755]

I agree with Sitarro, the president held firm with his beliefs and the scientist had to work around it with out killing babies and they succeeded. Congratulations to the President of the United States of America and to the scientist that made the discovery with out killing human beings. As far as the libs, well your just selfish individuals. This has been proven by tax returns, you give less than any body on the planet... Oh yeh you talk a lot if it helps your career out but you really don't do anything constructive.

typomaniac
12-05-2007, 01:29 AM
[QUOTE=Sitarro;157755]

I agree with Sitarro, the president held firm with his beliefs and the scientist had to work around it with out killing babies and they succeeded. Congratulations to the President of the United States of America and to the scientist that made the discovery with out killing human beings. As far as the libs, well your just selfish individuals. This has been proven by tax returns, you give less than any body on the planet... Oh yeh you talk a lot if it helps your career out but you really don't do anything constructive.

:cuckoo:

Pepper
12-05-2007, 02:02 AM
[QUOTE=Pepper;163674]

:pee::cuckoo:

typomaniac
12-05-2007, 01:05 PM
[QUOTE=Pepper;163740]

:flameth::pee::cuckoo:

I win.

Psychoblues
12-07-2007, 01:40 AM
Another straw man from you, m'59.

The discovery was made by Japanese scientists working in Japan (of all places) and they are not in any way encumbered by the idiocies of the refusal of the United States Federal Government to fund the research. As other countries and their citizens outrun us in technology and research you want to make it a religious or moral argument? Guess who gets the patent on this one?