PDA

View Full Version : The Marine

dan
02-10-2007, 10:42 PM
My roommate forced me to watch this, and I ended up thinking it was a blast. John Cena's a pretty crappy actor, but the girl from Nip/Tuck was hot, and Robert Patrick was hilarious. And, besides, it's not about the acting. This reminded me of an 80's Schwarznegger movie, like Commando or something, and it was just as entertaining as those others.

Sure, it was completely unrealistic and stupid. Plus, the whole thing is set in South Carolina, and there were tons of inaccuracies (cars in SC don't have licenses on the front of the car, how hard would that have been to research?). But, it was great mindless fun.

Hobbit
02-10-2007, 11:24 PM
My roommate forced me to watch this, and I ended up thinking it was a blast. John Cena's a pretty crappy actor, but the girl from Nip/Tuck was hot, and Robert Patrick was hilarious. And, besides, it's not about the acting. This reminded me of an 80's Schwarznegger movie, like Commando or something, and it was just as entertaining as those others.

Sure, it was completely unrealistic and stupid. Plus, the whole thing is set in South Carolina, and there were tons of inaccuracies (cars in SC don't have licenses on the front of the car, how hard would that have been to research?). But, it was great mindless fun.

I may have to check it out. All they needed to say to get me to watch the movie is, "Starring that hot chick from Nip/Tuck, and....EXPLOSIONS!"