PDA

View Full Version : Black Friday deals

jackass
11-22-2007, 05:53 PM
Just click on the store you want to see the deals!

http://blackfriday.dealspl.us/

http://blackfriday.gottadeal.com/

shattered
11-22-2007, 05:57 PM
Nobody in their right mind (that would be me) shops on Black Friday. :D

Guernicaa
11-22-2007, 06:06 PM
One of these years I'm gonna get up at 5, and get to the mall by 6 and buy a shit load of clothes and be one of those loud obnoxious people who wants everyone to know that they're buying lots of clothes and that they're at the center of the chaos.

82Marine89
11-22-2007, 06:07 PM
One of these years I'm gonna get up at 5, and get to the mall by 6 and buy a shit load of clothes and be one of those loud obnoxious people who wants everyone to know that they're buying lots of clothes and that they're at the center of the chaos.

Why does getting up at 5 change things for you?

dan
11-22-2007, 06:22 PM
You can have them. Last time I tried to shop on Black Friday, we had to park about a half mile away from the store, and there was a worker at the door advising people to have one person in their party go ahead and get in line while the others shopped, as there was about a 2 1/2 hour wait at the registers. No thank you, I hate shopping to begin with.

Mr. P
11-22-2007, 06:49 PM
Nobody in their right mind (that would be me) shops on Black Friday. :D

I agree! Make two.

Cheyenne
11-22-2007, 07:10 PM
I agree! Make two.Make it three.

Nukeman
11-22-2007, 07:40 PM
I have done it twice for one item each time.

Obama if you want to actually do that you will have to get there before 5:00am thats when they open but people are there way before than.

I went to the dreaded Wal-Mart one year for a video game and that was it I stood in line for 3 hours than the jackass running the electronics department let another line start that formed after ours. Needless to say there were a lot of pissed off people in my line. I went up and demanded one of the games I was waiting for and he only had 2 left I informed him that he started the wrong line because that one had formed about 30 min. before the department opened, he just look at me like he didn't understand. I did however get the video game I went for and I told my wife dont ever send me to do that type of crap again because I would probably kill someone....

Luckely I have to be at work by 6:00 so I cant do that BS anyway...

shattered
11-22-2007, 07:49 PM
I have done it twice for one item each time.

Obama if you want to actually do that you will have to get there before 5:00am thats when they open but people are there way before than.

I went to the dreaded Wal-Mart one year for a video game and that was it I stood in line for 3 hours than the jackass running the electronics department let another line start that formed after ours. Needless to say there were a lot of pissed off people in my line. I went up and demanded one of the games I was waiting for and he only had 2 left I informed him that he started the wrong line because that one had formed about 30 min. before the department opened, he just look at me like he didn't understand. I did however get the video game I went for and I told my wife dont ever send me to do that type of crap again because I would probably kill someone....

Luckely I have to be at work by 6:00 so I cant do that BS anyway...

When it comes to stuff like that, you have to figure out what your *time* is worth. Is it really worth it to stand in line for 3 hours or so just to save an additional what..$10-$15?

Yurt
11-22-2007, 10:03 PM

http://www.inkstains.com/art/1999_cartoons/1999-05-MAY/1999-05-25-2genealogy.gif

11-23-2007, 12:13 AM
if i actually had money i would so be out buying tvs and electronics on sale for about half price and then taking them home to sell on Ebay for full price.

It be a very profitable day.

shattered
11-23-2007, 12:53 AM
if i actually had money i would so be out buying tvs and electronics on sale for about half price and then taking them home to sell on Ebay for full price.

It be a very profitable day.

Is this where I come along and ruin your profitable day by telling you that you would actually LOSE money on each and every one once you take in to account that electronics don't typically go for full price on eBay because of liability issues, and the fact that people are looking for a deal (and full price ain't a deal), and that shipping charges and packing materials, Paypal fees, as well as listing and selling fees are enough to spank the hell out of you?

For all your work, you'd be lucky if you broke even.

And that's even IF you got a single bid on your item, since those that do buy electronics will only buy them from established sellers with at least 100 selling transactions behind them, and a feedback rating of 98% or better? Anything less, and it's just too risky.

jackass
11-23-2007, 10:04 AM
Just try and get your hands on a Wii and sell it on E-bay. They are going way over original price. People are having a hard time getting them.

dan
11-23-2007, 03:56 PM
Just try and get your hands on a Wii and sell it on E-bay. They are going way over original price. People are having a hard time getting them.

I saw a whole shelf of them in Wal-Mart and Best Buy today.

Abbey Marie
11-23-2007, 04:00 PM
I ordered the 1st season of House from Amazon today for $12.99 They also had an HP photo prrinter for $9.99, but I missed that one. All from the warmth and serenity of my office. :)

Thanks for the thread!

KitchenKitten99
11-24-2007, 11:36 PM
I must be of a different ilk. I actually like the feeling of kicking off the holiday season and burning off Thanksgiving calories by getting up reasonably early and going shopping, even if only to see if there are any deals on things that I need or may need in the future or gift ideas. Although, this year we did get a printer that we really didn't entirely need, ours is 3 years old and not wireless compatible and not fax capable, it would be better suited for our den downstairs.

So, since I work PT at OfficeMax, I got a head's up on all our deals, about 1 week in advance. There was an HP C7180 printer that is wireless/bluetooth equipped, plus it faxes, scans, copies, and also develops film negatives, retailed for $399.99, and it was on sale for $149. Couple that with my 10% employee discount, and it was well worth getting up before I normally would on a day off to go get it. There was only 8 available in our store, so I had to get there early if I wanted it. I also got a 100pack of CD-R's for $9, and a 10-sheet paper shredder for $20.

At another store, I got both my boys each a $45 leather bomber jacket for only $12 each. I don't go nuts or wait in line even, unless it is at the registers. I just make my plans to get there at a certain time, and if they run out, then so be it. I either check another store or decide on something else.

Someone told me that their wife was up and waiting in line at Best Buy at 3am, with people who camped out to get certain Sony laptops at Best Buy that were priced at $300 until noon. I heard from my husband that his coworker's wife witnessed a near-catfight between two old ladies at JCPenney's at about 8am... :rolleyes: :cuckoo:

dan
11-25-2007, 12:22 AM
Well, I gave in.... sort of. Best Buy was having DVD deals I couldn't pass up, and there's one near my parents' house that's usually not too crowded. So we went over there around 11:00 and it was surprisingly calm. Sure, the shelves were cleared of the doorbusters, but I wasn't looking for a laptop or TV anyway, so no loss there. Here's what I scored (combined with a second trip earlier tonight to get the ones I was unsure about yesterday)....

Six Feet Under seasons 4 & 5: normally $55 each, got em for $20 each.
Flight of the Conchords season 1: normally $35, got it for $18
Curb Your Enthusiasm season 5: normally $35, got it for $18
South Park season 5 and The Office season 2: normally $28 each, got em for $15 each.

Said1
11-25-2007, 08:00 PM
Well, I gave in.... sort of. Best Buy was having DVD deals I couldn't pass up, and there's one near my parents' house that's usually not too crowded. So we went over there around 11:00 and it was surprisingly calm. Sure, the shelves were cleared of the doorbusters, but I wasn't looking for a laptop or TV anyway, so no loss there. Here's what I scored (combined with a second trip earlier tonight to get the ones I was unsure about yesterday)....

Six Feet Under seasons 4 & 5: normally $55 each, got em for $20 each.
Flight of the Conchords season 1: normally $35, got it for $18
Curb Your Enthusiasm season 5: normally $35, got it for $18
South Park season 5 and The Office season 2: normally $28 each, got em for $15 each.

In the office, aside from "Performance Review" what other episode does the suggestion make an appearence? You know, the one where people were putting insults about others in the box, but signing another person's name?

dan
11-25-2007, 09:19 PM
In the office, aside from "Performance Review" what other episode does the suggestion make an appearence? You know, the one where people were putting insults about others in the box, but signing another person's name?

That's the only one I can remember it being in, but I haven't seen all of season 3, so it could be in there. Performance review was where he read all of the suggestions out loud, and they were about his coffee breath and stuff like that, right?

Oh, wait, there's also the complaint box episode, that was similar but not exactly the same. Toby had an entire file devoted to Dwight's complaints about Jim, it was one of the best episodes. My favorite episode is the one where Dwight finds the joint in the parking lot and he goes into cop mode. "My ass is on the line, and your ass is on the line, too, mister!!!":laugh2:

pegwinn
11-25-2007, 09:58 PM
Ebay is cool. I am gonna use em for Christmas Shopping. Gotta be careful though some folks get compulsive about it all.

Said1
11-26-2007, 05:46 PM
That's the only one I can remember it being in, but I haven't seen all of season 3, so it could be in there. Performance review was where he read all of the suggestions out loud, and they were about his coffee breath and stuff like that, right?

Yes, that's the one 'the future of the company is in this box' :laugh2:

Oh, wait, there's also the complaint box episode, that was similar but not exactly the same. Toby had an entire file devoted to Dwight's complaints about Jim, it was one of the best episodes. My favorite episode is the one where Dwight finds the joint in the parking lot and he goes into cop mode. "My ass is on the line, and your ass is on the line, too, mister!!!":laugh2:

You might be right about that. There's so many good ones, I might as well buy all seasons.

"I'm am now cutting off Phyllis' head with a chainsaw'

'Stanley thinks Phylis cries too much and it gets on his nerves' :laugh2: