PDA

View Full Version : Raw Video: Troops Enjoy Thanksgiving

stephanie
11-22-2007, 07:36 PM
very short but sweet...:clap::salute:

Soldiers, sailors, airmen and Marines in Afghanistan are enjoying Thanksgiving dinner. (Nov. 22) 11/2007 AP

view at...
http://www.townhall.com/video/News/903855

gabosaurus
12-04-2007, 03:59 PM
Where is Bush with the fake turkey? He is not supporting the troops!

Nukeman
12-04-2007, 04:05 PM
Blah..Blah...Blah..Blah..Blah...Blah..Blah..Blah.. .Blah..Blah..Blah...Blah..

typomaniac
12-04-2007, 06:06 PM
Blah..Blah...Blah..Blah..Blah...Blah..Blah..Blah.. .Blah..Blah..Blah...Blah..

That's the most entertaining of all your posts that I've seen in months.

darin
12-04-2007, 06:44 PM

Nobody cares about you Gabby. You seem to HATE seeing anything positive about our Military - conversely, you seem to get a little 'excited' to learn of their hard-times or deaths.

typomaniac
12-04-2007, 06:55 PM
Nobody cares about you Gabby. You seem to HATE seeing anything positive about our Military - conversely, you seem to get a little 'excited' to learn of their hard-times or deaths.

Even if that's totally true, it's an abuse of power for a mod to say it publicly.

theHawk
12-04-2007, 07:04 PM
Really, any litte thing about our military and gabby gets derailed on Bush. And of course one of her mindless cohorts has to jump in on the fray.

darin
12-04-2007, 07:09 PM
Even if that's totally true, it's an abuse of power for a mod to say it publicly.

If you're being funny, I don't get it. :)

Nukeman
12-04-2007, 09:28 PM
That's the most entertaining of all your posts that I've seen in months.
See now why do have to go and be that way. I dont usualy go out of my way to trash talk you!! There are only a couple of people on here that I do that to and your not one of them

:slap::dunno:

Kathianne
12-04-2007, 09:37 PM

Why? Is not a mod/admin entitled to speak their mind?

Kathianne
12-04-2007, 09:38 PM

The 'fake turkey' deal was debunked way long ago. So Gabby, what is your problem in wishing well to the troops during the holiday?

typomaniac
12-05-2007, 01:26 AM
Why? Is not a mod/admin entitled to speak their mind?

About the behavior of a particular member? That would be a conflict of interest.

Yurt
12-05-2007, 01:46 AM

that is the most obtuse thing I have ever read. so a mod can't post opinions or facts?

hjmick
12-05-2007, 12:51 PM
About the behavior of a particular member? That would be a conflict of interest.

There should only be an issue if dmp allowed his opinion of a member influence his decisions towards that member. To my knowledge, this has not happened. Gabo is still a member of this board, she has not been banned from any thread or the board itself. Dmp's comment was not particularly abusive or malicious, merely his opinion.

darin
12-05-2007, 12:56 PM
Since I'm not a moderator, does that mean I'm okay?

What the HELL is this thread about? Congrats, Typo, you've successfully derailed a thread and turned it into...uh...Poo?

Conflict of interest? Where's my interest? are you just randomly attaching labels so we don't have to talk about Gabby's lack of support for the American fighting man or woman? Been tossin' back some of granny's ol' "Cough" medicine?

Abuse of Power? What power? the power to hit the 'reply' button? lmao.
:D

gabosaurus
12-05-2007, 12:56 PM

You should talk. War enthusiasts are the ones who support the continued carnage in Iraq. The blood is ALWAYS on your hands. You wrap yourselves in the flag and purport to support the troops, when you don't really care if they live or die. Your hatred for those whom you refuse to understand compels you to support their deaths. And if it cost the deaths of Americans, so be it. You support the aggression of an American commander in chief who is as much of a terrorist and mass murderer as any Islamic leader. It's all one-sided in your opinion. You are the ones who get excited about military hard times and deaths. As long as it leads to other deaths.

that is the most obtuse thing I have ever read. so a mod can't post opinions or facts?

The abuse is that mods can question the opinions of other posters, but posters can't question the opinions of mods. A mod can tell me that I am a fucked up liberal who full of vile hatred. But if I reply in kind, I am banned for it. Regular members can be flamed by mods (and have been, primarily in the bogus "rep comments"). Mods can't be flamed by members.

Conservative Bush apologists needs to stand up and admit that the dude is fucked. The illegal invasion was fucked. The photo op destruction of Saddam's statue was fucked. The moronic aircraft carrier "mission accomplish" bullshit was fucked. The fake turkey in front of the chosen audience was fucked. The death and torture camps are fucked.
And if you support all of it, you are personally fucked up. And you will never be able to wash the blood of almost 4,000 dead Americans off your hands.

typomaniac
12-05-2007, 12:59 PM
What the HELL is this thread about? Congrats, Typo, you've successfully derailed a thread and turned it into...uh...Poo?
Sounds like an improvement, to me. :D

darin
12-05-2007, 01:01 PM
You should talk. War enthusiasts are the ones who support the continued carnage in Iraq. The blood is ALWAYS on your hands. You wrap yourselves in the flag and purport to support the troops, when you don't really care if they live or die. Your hatred for those whom you refuse to understand compels you to support their deaths. And if it cost the deaths of Americans, so be it. You support the aggression of an American commander in chief who is as much of a terrorist and mass murderer as any Islamic leader. It's all one-sided in your opinion. You are the ones who get excited about military hard times and deaths. As long as it leads to other deaths.

Your lack of courage and vision prevents you from understanding basic concepts such as "there are SOME THINGS worth fighting AND dying for." Political and Social Freedoms brought by a form of democracy are among those things. Your blindness prevents you from very basic comprehension regarding warfare, and the nature of same. You likely are ignorant - willfully so - of things such as "These guys are killing innocents - we are there to protect them until they can protect themselves."

YOUR ideas and methodology - your courting to terrorist groups - would only serve to lead us towards death and destruction to make 911 look like paint-ball.

The abuse is that mods can question the opinions of other posters, but posters can't question the opinions of mods. A mod can tell me that I am a fucked up liberal who full of vile hatred. But if I reply in kind, I am banned for it. Regular members can be flamed by mods (and have been, primarily in the bogus "rep comments"). Mods can't be flamed by members.

That is a Crock of horseshit and you know it. You have never been banned for getting into a heated discussion with a moderator or admin. You've been banned for insults and lies to and about MY family. You've been banned, perhaps, for blatant, unproved, and unwarranted insults to staff about them as people AND/OR their decisions. But to say you've been banned for 'replying in kind' within the context of a thread is a damn lie.

gabosaurus
12-05-2007, 01:11 PM
Total bullshit. The U.S. invaded a sovereign country because our leader had a grudge against their leader. There were a dozen countries that deserved our intervention more than Iraq did. But they did not have a comic book dictator who was as easy to hate.
As for attacks like 9-11, that remains the greatest day of the Bush presidency. It made him into 007, with a license to kill anyone he wanted to. I am sure that the site of the planes hitting the WTC buildings still gives Bush a woody.
Yes, "there are SOME THINGS worth fighting AND dying for." Iraq is not one of them. Neither is Iran, or any Middle East country. You just want to think so in your unrelenting quest for blood and destruction.

As for questioning my intelligence, you are free to do so. Just tell me where you got your degree from.
I am not questioning anyone's courage in defending this country. But don't pretend you are smart enough to run it.

darin
12-05-2007, 01:30 PM
Total bullshit. The U.S. invaded a sovereign country because our leader had a grudge against their leader.

That's libel, and borderline seditious.

There were a dozen countries that deserved our intervention more than Iraq did.

Care to name them? IF you had such intel, why didn't you share that with Congress???

You just want to think so in your unrelenting quest for blood and destruction.

Except if we don't sacrifice a little now, that blood and destruction will happen here. What we're doing there is noble. You seem to hate America; makes sense you'd hate spreading the American values of personal, political, religious, and social freedom to people desperate for those things.

As for questioning my intelligence, you are free to do so. Just tell me where you got your degree from.
I am not questioning anyone's courage in defending this country. But don't pretend you are smart enough to run it.

I didn't question your intelligence. Your Ignorance of how to defend against terrorists is clear, based on your posts, for EVERYONE to see. Your lack of the ability to comprehend the stakes in the war against islamic extremists is blatant. Doesn't take much to see you're a fool when it comes to 'how to protect the innocent'.

Smart enough to run what? This country? Nope. The war? Probably not. However, I am VASTLY more-qualified to know how wars operate, and how the Army Runs, than you. In fact, there are probably FEW folk here with closer ties to war fighting than I; both in my personal and professional history and occupation.

Hagbard Celine
12-05-2007, 02:17 PM
It's nice that military personnel got to have a little taste of home in that hell-hole.

darin
12-05-2007, 02:42 PM
It's nice that military personnel got to have a little taste of home in that hell-hole.

You get it. :cheers2: