PDA

View Full Version : Game Review: Favre Puts On A Holiday Show

Pale Rider
11-23-2007, 02:38 AM
Game Review: Favre Puts On A Holiday Show

by Mike Spofford, Packers.com
posted 11/22/2007

PACKERS HAVE DIVISION CROWN IN SIGHT, DALLAS ON HORIZON

DETROIT - Nothing Brett Favre does is truly surprising anymore, and because of that the same must be said of the 2007 Green Bay Packers.

Though he insisted afterward he did "nothing spectacular," Favre was nothing short of scintillating in his team's 37-26 victory over Detroit on Thanksgiving Day at Ford Field.

The veteran quarterback and team leader added to a potential MVP resume with 31 completions - including a franchise-record 20 in a row - in 41 attempts for 381 yards and three touchdowns with no interceptions as the Packers improved to 10-1 and all but wrapped up the NFC North title, taking a four-game lead on the Lions (6-5) with just five to play. Green Bay also kept pace with the Dallas Cowboys for the NFC's top record heading into next Thursday's showdown in Dallas that could potentially decide the No. 1 seed and home-field advantage throughout the conference playoffs.

The rest of the story... (http://www.packers.com/news/stories/2007/11/22/2/)

jackass
11-23-2007, 10:07 AM
I sure am gonna be a cheese head all week! I knwo they have the ability to beat Dallas...I just hope that they do!

chesswarsnow
11-23-2007, 01:12 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But I happen to disagree strongly!
2. Dallas is still a rather young team, with boundaries untold.
3. What we are seeing here, is the, *Jell Factor*.
4. The Dallas Cowboys, have just started to, *Jell*.
5. So when they *Fully Jell*.
6. Watch Out!!!!!!
7. I think Dallas will go all they way this season.
8. Anyone who disagrees with me is going to feel the *CWN* wrath!:laugh2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

82Marine89
11-23-2007, 01:16 PM
I sure am gonna be a cheese head all week! I knwo they have the ability to beat Dallas...I just hope that they do!

Since the Giants couldn't, twice, I guess you need to root for someone who has a chance. :poke::laugh2:

CockySOB
11-23-2007, 01:41 PM
Don't think so, CWN. Dallas is as good as they have been in a long time, but so are the Packers. Next Thursday's game (11/29) should be one of the best regular season games of the year - on par with the Indianapolis v. San Diego and Indianapolis v. New England games.

Dallas might make it to the big dance, but I doubt they win. My money is on New England to win it all, and maintain a perfect season. I was really rooting for San Diego this year, but when they moved off of a run-first game to a pass-first game, they shot themselves in the foot.

Anyway, cheers to next week's game, which should be a great match-up!
:cheers2:

jackass
11-23-2007, 04:47 PM
Since the Giants couldn't, twice, I guess you need to root for someone who has a chance. :poke::laugh2:

Sure..why not!! Dallas got real LUCKY the Redskins didnt beat them!

jackass
11-23-2007, 04:48 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But I happen to disagree strongly!
2. Dallas is still a rather young team, with boundaries untold.
3. What we are seeing here, is the, *Jell Factor*.
4. The Dallas Cowboys, have just started to, *Jell*.
5. So when they *Fully Jell*.
6. Watch Out!!!!!!
7. I think Dallas will go all they way this season.
8. Anyone who disagrees with me is going to feel the *CWN* wrath!:laugh2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

If thats how you look at is then GB is a younger "team".

Joan
11-23-2007, 07:18 PM
The COWBOYS RULE!! I am still living in the dark ages Chuck, but who is the only man in the work to have an olympic gold medal, and a superbowl ring.

P.S.
Your Giants will be in the Bowl - the toilet bowl that is!!

jackass
11-23-2007, 07:58 PM
The COWBOYS RULE!! I am still living in the dark ages Chuck, but who is the only man in the work to have an olympic gold medal, and a superbowl ring.

P.S.
Your Giants will be in the Bowl - the toilet bowl that is!!

You and ALL your bandwagon Cowgirl fans are going to be SOOO disappointed when they getted bumped out of the playoffs in the first round.

As for your question....I have no idea...but im sure youre going to tell me its some queer from texas!

OCA
11-23-2007, 09:02 PM
There are 31 teams that have zero chance this year...............New England has the Lombardi trophy already won.

They will go 19-0................defeat G.B. in the S.B. in Brett Farve's last game.

OCA
11-23-2007, 09:03 PM
You and ALL your bandwagon Cowgirl fans are going to be SOOO disappointed when they getted bumped out of the playoffs in the first round.

As for your question....I have no idea...but im sure youre going to tell me its some queer from texas!

Dallas will get bumped by Tampa Bay.

5stringJeff
11-23-2007, 09:31 PM
Go Packers!!

Joan
11-23-2007, 09:55 PM
The queer from Texas as you so nicely call him was Bobby Hayes, also billed as "The fastest man alive! Got selling Cocaine once, and that was the end of him, not like your payers of today. But I still root tor them even though I couldn't tel you who the coach is!!!

82Marine89
11-23-2007, 10:08 PM

I've been a fan since '71. in 1985 we went 1-15, but beat the Redskins, so it was a great season.

Jeep Driver
11-24-2007, 12:38 AM
Those old bone breakers were the heros of my youth. 42 years now.
I wear my Ray Nitschke jersey . And I am a kid again. Ready for another pick up game. Go Pack!!!!!!!

jackass
11-24-2007, 02:09 PM
Got doing Cocaine

Hahaha...just like most of the Cowboys now!!

Joan
11-24-2007, 03:16 PM
One time asshole, get that - ONE - time - and how many times did LT get caught with the goods?? Kills me hat football players get away with these days!' My boy Bobby died a pauper thanks to this. Michael Vick should get electrocuted like he did to those dogs!!Only kidding with you Chuck, wish you could get up this way sometime. But then again you may just here the bowl flush on your Giants!

Mr. P
11-24-2007, 03:52 PM
I watched most of this game. As one who could care less about football I must say...It WAS a thing of beauty!

NOW I hate JIM for suckin me into this STUPID pool!!!!!!!!!

YOU DUMB ASS!!! :slap:

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: