PDA

View Full Version : A day late too- Duncan Hunter's Thanksgiving Message

Abbey Marie
11-23-2007, 03:39 PM
And the message continues, over 200 years later...

PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE DUNCAN HUNTER'S THANKSGIVING MESSAGE

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: November 21, 2007

San Diego, CA - - - As Americans all across the country celebrate the Thanksgiving holiday, Presidential candidate, and current Ranking Member of the House Armed Services Committee, Congressman Duncan Hunter wanted to remind our nation to also remember to thank our men and women in uniform for their sacrifice and service:

"For the past six years, our nation has been involved in a long battle against those who seek to destroy us. Many brave Americans have fallen during this time, and more than a million have served their country in the battlefields of Iraq and Afghanistan .

"Their sacrifice for our nation is added to the long and distinguished list of those who served their country in battlefields all across the world from Bunker Hill to Gettysburg , from Bellawood to Normandy , from Chosin Reservoir to Khe Sanh, from the rooftops of Fallujah to Kabul , Mosul , Tikrit, and a thousand other places of danger.

"On this Thanksgiving, we express our gratitude to God, for not only giving us this blessed land of freedom, but also the brave men and women willing to leave the security of their homes and families to protect us while we are in our homes with our families.

"On this Thanksgiving Day, the Hunter family will also give thanks for another special blessing, the return of Marine Captain Duncan D. Hunter from Afghanistan . We welcome him home with open arms and a thankful heart. May God bless those who serve and may God continue to bless America ."

Hunter for President, Inc.
9340 Fuerte Drive
La Mesa, California 91941
United States

Yurt
11-23-2007, 06:41 PM
its never too late for that Abbey, thanks

stephanie
11-23-2007, 06:43 PM
Duncan Hunter...:clap:

bullypulpit
11-25-2007, 08:42 AM
And the message continues, over 200 years later...

PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE DUNCAN HUNTER'S THANKSGIVING MESSAGE

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: November 21, 2007

San Diego, CA - - - As Americans all across the country celebrate the Thanksgiving holiday, Presidential candidate, and current Ranking Member of the House Armed Services Committee, Congressman Duncan Hunter wanted to remind our nation to also remember to thank our men and women in uniform for their sacrifice and service:

"For the past six years, our nation has been involved in a long battle against those who seek to destroy us. Many brave Americans have fallen during this time, and more than a million have served their country in the battlefields of Iraq and Afghanistan .

"Their sacrifice for our nation is added to the long and distinguished list of those who served their country in battlefields all across the world from Bunker Hill to Gettysburg , from Bellawood to Normandy , from Chosin Reservoir to Khe Sanh, from the rooftops of Fallujah to Kabul , Mosul , Tikrit, and a thousand other places of danger.

"On this Thanksgiving, we express our gratitude to God, for not only giving us this blessed land of freedom, but also the brave men and women willing to leave the security of their homes and families to protect us while we are in our homes with our families.

"On this Thanksgiving Day, the Hunter family will also give thanks for another special blessing, the return of Marine Captain Duncan D. Hunter from Afghanistan . We welcome him home with open arms and a thankful heart. May God bless those who serve and may God continue to bless America ."

Hunter for President, Inc.
9340 Fuerte Drive
La Mesa, California 91941
United States

We can all hope that Duncan's son comes home safely from Afghanistan. As for the rest of it, God didn't bless us with anything. Our freedom was won by the blood, sweat and lives of those who fought and died to secure America's independence from a tyrannical king. That freedom has been secured by the blood,sweat and lives of the men and women of our military who have since put themselves in harm's way to protect the freedoms we hold so dear. To claim that our freedoms, and their continued existence, are the product of anything other than the sacrifices made by those courageous men and women in the years since America won its freedom is to belittle them and the sacrifices they have made on behalf of us all.

As for <a href=http://www.calitics.com/showDiary.do?diaryId=617>Duncan Hunter</a>, next to "Duke" Cunningham, he's one of the most corrupt players in Congress.

Roadhouse158
11-25-2007, 07:17 PM
A lot of the blood, sweat, and lives were given with faith in God that they would prevail. All odds were against the patriots, yet they had faith they would succeed. I think God deserves some credit for that.

Abbey Marie
11-25-2007, 10:04 PM
We can all hope that Duncan's son comes home safely from Afghanistan. As for the rest of it, God didn't bless us with anything. Our freedom was won by the blood, sweat and lives of those who fought and died to secure America's independence from a tyrannical king. That freedom has been secured by the blood,sweat and lives of the men and women of our military who have since put themselves in harm's way to protect the freedoms we hold so dear. To claim that our freedoms, and their continued existence, are the product of anything other than the sacrifices made by those courageous men and women in the years since America won its freedom is to belittle them and the sacrifices they have made on behalf of us all.

As for <a href=http://www.calitics.com/showDiary.do?diaryId=617>Duncan Hunter</a>, next to "Duke" Cunningham, he's one of the most corrupt players in Congress.

Sorry you feel that way, Bully. But as you can see, our candidates would disagree with you. I hope that when our new president is elected, he or she will seek those blessings as well.

bullypulpit
11-26-2007, 05:24 AM
A lot of the blood, sweat, and lives were given with faith in God that they would prevail. All odds were against the patriots, yet they had faith they would succeed. I think God deserves some credit for that.

Read your history. At the time of the American revolution, England was tied up in a number of messy military adventures throughout the Empire. As a result, England could not devote the full weight of its military against the rebelling colonies in America. The odds were not as stacked against the nascent United States as you might wish to think.

bullypulpit
11-26-2007, 05:25 AM
Sorry you feel that way, Bully. But as you can see, our candidates would disagree with you. I hope that when our new president is elected, he or she will seek those blessings as well.

I would much rather they remember that the Constitution is the law of the land and repair the damage the current administration has done to it.

Roadhouse158
11-26-2007, 09:50 AM
Read your history. At the time of the American revolution, England was tied up in a number of messy military adventures throughout the Empire. As a result, England could not devote the full weight of its military against the rebelling colonies in America. The odds were not as stacked against the nascent United States as you might wish to think.

I've read a lot of history books. I know that the majority of people by far believed in God. More than today. You are just trying to take God out of it. You have no faith in God. Don't think that just because you don't have faith that others can't. Having faith gets you through a lot of tough times. You commenting on faith would be like me commenting on how it is to be a homosexual. I'm not gay; therefore I can't comment on what it's like to be gay.

Abbey Marie
11-26-2007, 04:55 PM
I would much rather they remember that the Constitution is the law of the land and repair the damage the current administration has done to it.

Having faith in God and supporting the Constitution are not mutually exclusive. In fact, most people of faith I know, would love to see the Constitution not only supported, but strictly construed without reading in non-existent rights to backfill a liberal political agenda. There would be no court-mandated abortion or gay marriage rights, and no over the top restrictions on public displays of religion.

bullypulpit
11-26-2007, 09:07 PM
I've read a lot of history books. I know that the majority of people by far believed in God. More than today. You are just trying to take God out of it. You have no faith in God. Don't think that just because you don't have faith that others can't. Having faith gets you through a lot of tough times. You commenting on faith would be like me commenting on how it is to be a homosexual. I'm not gay; therefore I can't comment on what it's like to be gay.

That's all well and good for you. I will respect your right to believe in whatever religious doctrine you wish as long as you respect my right to not believe.

bullypulpit
11-26-2007, 09:13 PM
Having faith in God and supporting the Constitution are not mutually exclusive. In fact, most people of faith I know, would love to see the Constitution not only supported, but strictly construed without reading in non-existent rights to backfill a liberal political agenda. There would be no court-mandated abortion or gay marriage rights, and no over the top restrictions on public displays of religion.

The SCOTUS in the Roe v Wade decision didn't mandate abortion for anyone. It did give women the right to make an important decision regarding their own bodies and their health.

Gay marriage is an issue for religious bodies to debate. The only interest the state has regarding marriage is the contractual relationships it establishes. SO whether you call it marriage or civil union, their is no rational basis for the state forbidding same-gender couples from entering into a state of marriage..civil-union...or whatever you choose to call it.

So long as the display is not funded by any agency of the government there are, as far as I can tell, no restriction on public displays of religion.

Roadhouse158
11-26-2007, 09:21 PM
That's all well and good for you. I will respect your right to believe in whatever religious doctrine you wish as long as you respect my right to not believe.

No worries. I do not consider it my duty to force people to believe in what I do. As far as I am concerned, your religious views are your own. I won't bash anyone for what they believe, as long as I am not being bashed. I see no sense in doing so.

Abbey Marie
11-26-2007, 09:59 PM
The SCOTUS in the Roe v Wade decision didn't mandate abortion for anyone. It did give women the right to make an important decision regarding their own bodies and their health.

I never said it mandated abortion. That would be nonsensical. It guaranteed/mandated abortion rights, which is how I stated it. A strict construction, or even just a casual read-through of the Constitution, would not lead one to the Roe conclusion.

Back to the point, though. To reiterate, I do not agree with your statement that people of faith need to "remember that the Constitution is the law of the land and repair the damage the current administration has done to it". Faith in God and supporting of the Constitution are not at-odds.

bullypulpit
11-27-2007, 07:01 AM
I never said it mandated abortion. That would be nonsensical. It guaranteed/mandated abortion rights, which is how I stated it. A strict construction, or even just a casual read-through of the Constitution, would not lead one to the Roe conclusion.

Back to the point, though. To reiterate, I do not agree with your statement that people of faith need to "remember that the Constitution is the law of the land and repair the damage the current administration has done to it". Faith in God and supporting of the Constitution are not at-odds.

Indeed, they are not at odds. However, a significant number of those who are a part of the religious right seem intent on giving their religious doctrines the same weight and authority as law. That is clearly at odds with the Constitution.

bullypulpit
11-27-2007, 07:22 AM
No worries. I do not consider it my duty to force people to believe in what I do. As far as I am concerned, your religious views are your own. I won't bash anyone for what they believe, as long as I am not being bashed. I see no sense in doing so.

Indeed, but I see so many self-appointed guardians of faith... Pat Robertsons, James Dobson, Tony Perkins, and others of their ilk...seem intent on creating their own particular brand of hell-on-earth through the imposition of their own ego driven interpretation of scripture on anyone who believes otherwise.