PDA

View Full Version : Interesting...

actsnoblemartin
11-24-2007, 11:26 PM
What is your favorite country. what is your least favorite country, where have you traveled , what international friends or family you have?

mrg666
11-24-2007, 11:27 PM
my fave country is hong kong / china

diuretic
11-25-2007, 12:14 AM
Canada is my favourite country. My least favourite would be Italy.

Where have I travelled?

UK, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany (W.Germany as it then was), Switzerland, Austria, Liechtenstein, Czechoslovakia (as it then was, Slovakia as it is now), Hungary, Yugoslavia (Croatia, Bosnia, Montenegro and what is now FYR of Macedonia), Greece, Italy, Monaco,
Tahiti, New Zealand, United States, Canada, Singapore, Thailand, Sri Lanka, Yemen (Aden).

dan
11-25-2007, 12:30 AM

Where have I travelled?

UK, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany (W.Germany as it then was), Switzerland, Austria, Liechtenstein, Czechoslovakia (as it then was, Slovakia as it is now), Hungary, Yugoslavia (Croatia, Bosnia, Montenegro and what is now FYR of Macedonia), Greece, Italy, Monaco,
Tahiti, New Zealand, United States, Canada, Singapore, Thailand.

I've never heard anybody say Italy was their least favorite country, why'd you say that? Especially considering you've been to France.:laugh2: How was New Zealand? I've heard good things.

I've never been out of the US, so I guess it's my favorite and least favorite by default. I'd love to visit: Canada, New Zealand, England, Germany, Luxembourg (I'm a quarter Luxembourgian), Scotland, & Ireland. Sorry no Australia, diuretic, you guys got too much poisonous stuff over there! Plus I can't throw a boomerang. :D

Gaffer
11-25-2007, 01:43 AM
Don't have a country I want to visit. I live in my favorite country. Been to only two other countries. Vietnam and Japan.

11-25-2007, 05:06 AM

and thus you have completely ruined Hank Scorpio's assertion.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5k9YQRTsDJk&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5k9YQRTsDJk&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

diuretic
11-25-2007, 05:39 AM
I've never heard anybody say Italy was their least favorite country, why'd you say that? Especially considering you've been to France.:laugh2: How was New Zealand? I've heard good things.

I've never been out of the US, so I guess it's my favorite and least favorite by default. I'd love to visit: Canada, New Zealand, England, Germany, Luxembourg (I'm a quarter Luxembourgian), Scotland, & Ireland. Sorry no Australia, diuretic, you guys got too much poisonous stuff over there! Plus I can't throw a boomerang. :D

Unfortunately in Italy I bumped into some very difficult people in various regions. And I mean very, very difficult. It's sad but that's how I found things there. Completely different from Greece, for example, where I found the people to be unfailingly pleasant and helpful and who would go out of their way to help. For example, I was in Crete, driving my van through a mountain pass and the expandable roof was ripped off my fierce winds (this was near Ierapetra). I couldn't get it fixed in Ierapetra so I headed to Heraklion and a man at the ELPA (think automobile association) got his brother in law, who was a carpenter, to fix it. The brother in law didn't speak English and I didn't speak Greek so we communicated via his brother in law at ELPA on the phone. The job was done but he refused to take any payment for it. I tried to pay but he absolutely refused to take a drachma.

New Zealand is lovely. The north island is pretty good, I haven't been to Auckland but I've been to Wellington a few times and I really like it. The south island is spectacular, it's like a mini-world, there's even a village there that is French, Akaroa, a really lovely spot. Kiwis are good folks, very decent, honest people and very welcoming - even to Aussies :laugh2:

Nah, our wildlife is pretty safe - you just have to be careful where you step that's all :D

And we can teach you how to throw a boomerang and make it come back. First lesson, let the bloody thing go when you swing it! :laugh2:

diuretic
11-25-2007, 05:42 AM
and thus you have completely ruined Hank Scorpio's assertion.

Brilliant! :laugh2:

I really liked France, the Parisians were a bit, well, off, but in rural France people were very friendly and helpful and patient with my really bloody bad French.

Trigg
11-25-2007, 11:39 AM
I've been to

Canada
Jamaica - beautiful countryside
Mexico
Finland-my sister is married to a Finn.
Aland- technically part of Finland, an Island closer to Sweden
Sweden
Italy

Finland and Sweden and Aland were beautiful, but the people are very stiff and serious people. My sister who tends to be this way anyway is getting worse the longer she lives there. They just weren't very friendly to outsiders, I got this impression from everyone and I was in cities and rural areas.

Italy was my favorite, the people were very friendly.

I'd like to make it to Germany/Ireland/New Zealand eventually.

Classact
11-25-2007, 01:10 PM
USA is my favourite country. My favorite countries to eat are Germany and Korea. My least favourite would be Italy.

Where have I travelled?

UK, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany (W.Germany as it then was), Switzerland, Austria, Liechtenstein, Italy, United States, Japan and Korea.

I have friends and former in-laws in Germany.

jackass
11-25-2007, 01:59 PM
America is BY FAR THE BEST country I have lived in!!

Where have I lived??

America! Why go out for hamburger when I have steak at home??? :D

Roomy
11-25-2007, 02:27 PM
I have plonked my arse on quite a few foreign beaches but the one I like the best is in Cyprus.The Spanish islands are ok but the mainland is shite, the French are *****, the Turks are *****, the Bulgarians are learning fast and their women are beautiful.Northern europe is like anywhere else with gobbledegook languages.

dan
11-25-2007, 09:11 PM
I have plonked my arse on quite a few foreign beaches but the one I like the best is in Cyprus.The Spanish islands are ok but the mainland is shite, the French are *****, the Turks are *****, the Bulgarians are learning fast and their women are beautiful.Northern europe is like anywhere else with gobbledegook languages.

I admit I've been drinking a little, but this made me laugh out loud, well done, Roomy.

Maybe this is the best condition to read your posts in?:cheers2:

glockmail
11-25-2007, 09:21 PM
... the expandable roof was ripped off ...a carpenter,..... Any bloke in The South wooda fixed you up with a roll of duct tape.

diuretic
11-25-2007, 11:10 PM
Any bloke in The South wooda fixed you up with a roll of duct tape.

Duct tape can do wonderful things but this bloke fitted a piece of marine ply into the roof and kept it watertight until I got back to London. Of course as soon as I crossed on the ferry from Patras and drove to Naples it rained for a week.

manu1959
11-25-2007, 11:51 PM
let's see:

canada
mexico
england
scotland
netherlands
danmark
sweden
finland
russia
west germany
austria
switerland
italy
spain
france

love danmark and france....

shattered
11-25-2007, 11:55 PM
I admit I've been drinking a little, but this made me laugh out loud, well done, Roomy.

Maybe this is the best condition to read your posts in?:cheers2:

Obviously. That's the condition he types them in. :D

diuretic
11-26-2007, 12:17 AM
State-dependent memory. Never try to learn something when youv'e been :cheers2: because if you want to remember it then you have to :cheers2: and if you try and take an exam at uni when you're :cheers2: then the proctors will kick your arse out of the exam hall so the only thing you can do then is to find the nearest pub and :cheers2:

Best to :coffee: and you'll do okay in the exam :D

dan
11-26-2007, 12:31 AM
State-dependent memory. Never try to learn something when youv'e been :cheers2: because if you want to remember it then you have to :cheers2: and if you try and take an exam at uni when you're :cheers2: then the proctors will kick your arse out of the exam hall so the only thing you can do then is to find the nearest pub and :cheers2:

Best to :coffee: and you'll do okay in the exam :D

We have a slogan like that here in the States, it goes "Study high, take the test high, get high scores!":laugh2:

It's from a fine work of American cinema called How High.

mrg666
11-26-2007, 12:32 AM
We have a slogan like that here in the States, it goes "Study high, take the test high, get high scores!":laugh2:

It's from a fine work of American cinema called How High.

if i remember was drug oriented :D

diuretic
11-26-2007, 02:39 AM
if i remember was drug oriented :D

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :laugh2:

glockmail
11-26-2007, 08:44 AM
Duct tape can do wonderful things but this bloke fitted a piece of marine ply into the roof and kept it watertight until I got back to London. Of course as soon as I crossed on the ferry from Patras and drove to Naples it rained for a week. Coulda fitted a piece of al-you-min-e-um from a road sign and taped her on.

diuretic
11-26-2007, 10:52 AM
Coulda fitted a piece of al-you-min-e-um from a road sign and taped her on.

It would have have to be a big Jack Daniels sign then :cheers2:

Pale Rider
11-26-2007, 11:45 AM
What is your favorite country. what is your least favorite country, where have you traveled , what international friends or family you have?

I've been around the world probably three times, to places I have no idea. It was on a need to know basis, and we generally arrived when it was dark, to some pretty secluded places at times. Just get on the plane, find a comfortable place to sit or lay down, and shut up. You're going to be on there for at least 12, 14 hours.

Places I've knowingly been, Canada, Mexico, Lebanon.

My favorite, always has been, and always will be, my home, The United States of America, and for good reason. It is by far the best nation on earth.

Hagbard Celine
11-26-2007, 11:53 AM
United Kingdom
France
Netherlands
Belgium

By far, my least favorite place is Alabama.

dan
11-26-2007, 12:08 PM
United Kingdom
France
Netherlands
Belgium

By far, my least favorite place is Alabama.

Alabama's not a country.:poke:

Abbey Marie
11-26-2007, 03:54 PM
Outside the US, Bermuda is my fave.