PDA

View Full Version : Into the Wild

dan
11-25-2007, 12:15 AM
Movie of the year, no doubt. So far, anyway.

It's the true story of a guy named Chris McCandless, who, after graduating with almost all A's from Emory University in Atlanta, gave away all his savings ($24,000), burned the cash in his pocket, and started hitching across the country. He spent two and a half years, mostly alone, travelling the country, before he eventually starved to death in the mountains of Alaska. The movie follows him and tries to make sense of what drove him to live in this lifestyle.

I know most of you guys will see that it was written and directed by Sean Penn and be done with it, but seriously, this is one of the most moving stories I've ever seen. Also, by the way, it's one of the most pro-America movie that I've seen in a long time. The acting was outstanding across the board, but of course Emil Hirsch as McCandless dominates the film. I'm surprised he didn't get more publicity for the physical change he underwent, there's a shot toward the end of the film of him simply walking around with his shirt off that was actually hard to watch. I've never seen starvation look so realistic before.

It's pretty much done with its theatrical run, so when it comes out on video, definitely check it out. I'd be surprised if this didn't win a few Oscars.

Izvinimi
06-23-2013, 01:26 PM
<tbody>
Thank you for the informative post.

</tbody>

Noir
06-23-2013, 01:27 PM
Not suspicious in the slightest xD

Marcus Aurelius
06-23-2013, 02:07 PM
<tbody>
Thank you for the informative post.

</tbody>

banned in less than 30 minutes.. I think that's a record.