PDA

View Full Version : I am seriously considering deleting my

Roomy
11-25-2007, 01:40 PM
account here.While there are a few posters I genuinly like regardless of politics and other opinion the vast majority of you are stereotypical of the stereotype we are subjected to on all medias here in the UK and Europe.

82Marine89
11-25-2007, 01:41 PM
See ya. :finger3:

Roomy
11-25-2007, 01:46 PM
See ya. :finger3:

Where?

darin
11-25-2007, 02:03 PM
You can't. users can't delete their accounts, Roomy. Instead of doing the typical European thing - why not be part of the solution, rather than just whining?

mrg666
11-25-2007, 02:16 PM
You can't. users can't delete their accounts, Roomy. Instead of doing the typical European thing - why not be part of the solution, rather than just whining?

and what is the typical european thing . we are on an island and i personaly dont class myself as european , british yes.
but then i cant speak for roomy

82Marine89
11-25-2007, 02:21 PM
Where?

That was American for don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. :slap:

Pale Rider
11-25-2007, 02:21 PM
account here.While there are a few posters I genuinly like regardless of politics and other opinion the vast majority of you are stereotypical of the stereotype we are subjected to on all medias here in the UK and Europe.

Cheerio.

Roomy
11-25-2007, 02:22 PM
and what is the typical european thing . we are on an island and i personaly dont class myself as european , british yes.
but then i cant speak for roomy
I have had that argument here before, I am English.

Roomy
11-25-2007, 02:22 PM
Cheerio.
You would be knackered here without me:cool:

Pale Rider
11-25-2007, 02:31 PM
You would be knackered here without me:cool:

:bs1: - - - :talk2hand:

mrg666
11-25-2007, 02:40 PM
I have had that argument here before, I am English.

thats it , i like to be a little broader though :laugh2:

Roomy
11-25-2007, 02:47 PM
thats it , i like to be a little broader though :laugh2:

First and foremost, I am a Geordie.:cool:

Roomy
11-25-2007, 02:48 PM
I am the son of a pitmans son of a pitmans son etc.

mrg666
11-25-2007, 02:53 PM
I am the son of a pitmans son of a pitmans son etc.

i was the first in my family not to be a pitman (miner) oh they couldn't understand it at all .
i say im british cus my dads mum was scottish and my mums dad was welsh

Roomy
11-25-2007, 03:14 PM
i was the first in my family not to be a pitman (miner) oh they couldn't understand it at all .
i say im british cus my dads mum was scottish and my mums dad was welsh

You're a mongrel then?:laugh2:

OCA
11-25-2007, 04:57 PM

Adios amigo!

glockmail
11-25-2007, 08:10 PM
account here.While there are a few posters I genuinly like regardless of politics and other opinion the vast majority of you are stereotypical of the stereotype we are subjected to on all medias here in the UK and Europe.Don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out.

glockmail
11-25-2007, 08:12 PM
That was American for don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. :slap:
oops. Didn't see this before I posted. My apologies.

"Later" Roomy. Hopefully much, much later.

Sitarro
11-25-2007, 08:28 PM
Guess the Scots are correct when they say that the English are a bunch of pussies.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

mrg666
11-25-2007, 08:33 PM
Guess the Scots are correct when they say that the English are a bunch of pussies.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

can you supply a link to that 1
:laugh2:

Sitarro
11-25-2007, 09:48 PM
can you supply a link to that 1
:laugh2:

I've been to Scotland to work on Loch Lomond Golf Club with some guys for a week. Each of them would come find me at some time during the day to tell me a joke and they were all about just that. They were easily some of the funniest people I have ever met, really knew how to have a great time. There's my link.:laugh2:

shattered
11-25-2007, 09:51 PM

:scared: :D

mrg666
11-25-2007, 09:53 PM
I've been to Scotland to work on Loch Lomond Golf Club with some guys on a golf course for a week. Each of them would come find me at some time during the day to tell me a joke and they were all about just that. They were easily some of the funniest people I have ever met, really knew how to have a great time. There's my link.:laugh2:

i have friends in loch lomond
and family in glasgow and edinburgh they are funny
roomy is a geordie they too have a soh and he is not too far from scotland

Abbey Marie
11-25-2007, 10:07 PM
Roomy, Roomy, why so gloomy?
You know you love this place.
Leave if you must,
but by now you must know,
your account we cannot erase.

Sincerely,
Da Staff

shattered
11-25-2007, 10:08 PM
Leave if you must,

Sincerely,
Da Staff

He ain't leavin.. He's just pissy, and feels like stirring the pot... :)

mrg666
11-25-2007, 10:09 PM
Leave if you must,

Sincerely,
Da Staff

that was very good
abbey is a poet, she just does not know it :laugh2:

Abbey Marie
11-25-2007, 10:15 PM
that was very good
abbey is a poet, she just does not know it :laugh2:

And no chance of anyone else knowing it either! :laugh2:

Abbey Marie
11-25-2007, 10:17 PM
He ain't leavin.. He's just pissy, and feels like stirring the pot... :)

Yes, I think we've seen this before. I wonder how many boards he stops by like this just for some laughs. :)

mrg666
11-25-2007, 10:17 PM
And no chance of anyone else knowing it either! :laugh2:

i appreciated it :laugh2:

Abbey Marie
11-25-2007, 10:18 PM
i appreciated it :laugh2:

Thanks! :)

mrg666
11-25-2007, 10:20 PM
Thanks! :)

apparently i gotta wait to rep you does that mean i ass lick :D

shattered
11-25-2007, 10:23 PM
Yes, I think we've seen this before. I wonder how many boards he stops by like this just for some laughs. :)

At least 2. :D

Sitarro
11-25-2007, 10:39 PM
i have friends in loch lomond
and family in glasgow and edinburgh they are funny
roomy is a geordie they too have a soh and he is not too far from scotland

I loved Scotland, Ireland and England..... shot golf courses in all three countries...... I'm just giving Roomy some shit.

Here's a shot of the 5th and 15th holes at Doonbeg Golf Links in Ireland...... extremely tough course.

mrg666
11-25-2007, 10:45 PM
I loved Scotland, Ireland and England..... shot golf courses in all three countries...... I'm just given Roomy some shit.

Here's a shot of the 5th and 15th holes at Doonbeg Golf Links in Ireland...... extremely tough course.
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/327/attachmentc4fdbfua8.jpg
that is awesome , what do you do with the courses , do you landscape ?

mrg666
11-25-2007, 10:46 PM
and what camera do you use

Sitarro
11-25-2007, 11:16 PM
and what camera do you use

My brothers and I have a company that produces Yardage Guides for golf course around the U.S., Puerto Rico, Cabo, Bermuda and the UK. I go to the course and gather reference material (draw each hole and blow ups of the greens) to illustrate the course, lazer yardages, and shoot the photographs that are in the books. I usually spend a week on site gathering everything we need. I then return and either my brother, myself, or a couple of other illustrators produce the aerial perspective illustrations of each hole on our MACs in Illustrator and Photoshop.

I don't remember if that was shot with my Olympus E-10 or the Pentax 6x7..... I shot with both and a Nikon 35 mm too. My guess would be the E-10.

mrg666
11-25-2007, 11:24 PM
well the clarity is fantastic

Sitarro
11-26-2007, 07:53 AM
This is a shot taken outside of London, The Queenswood Golf Club in Surrey. I believe this is of the tenth hole, pretty place.

glockmail
11-26-2007, 09:03 AM
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/327/attachmentc4fdbfua8.jpg
that is awesome , what do you do with the courses , do you landscape ?
That is awesome. Is that red fescue in the rough?

Sitarro
11-26-2007, 09:29 AM
That is awesome. Is that red fescue in the rough?

That rough was easily the roughest rough of any rough I have ever seen...... they called the grasses marram. You could drop a golf ball at your feet and lose it. Those are 60 foot sand dunes it is growing in. This shot is taken from the back tee for 15. The 15th green is in the distance surrounded by the dunes.
I climbed up the one behind the green to shoot this shot that looks back at where the first was taken.

glockmail
11-26-2007, 09:33 AM
That rough was easily the roughest rough of any rough I have ever seen...... they called the grasses marram. You could drop a golf ball at your feet and lose it. Those are 60 foot sand dunes it is growing in. This shot is taken from the back tee for 15. The 15th green is in the distance surrounded by the dunes.
I climbed up the one behind the green to shoot this shot that looks back at where the first was taken.
That makes sense. It looks real lush for beach grass (another common name for it) though.

LOki
11-26-2007, 09:39 AM
I am seriously considering celebrating the absence of your emo-drama here. I don't require any particuar reason to have a celebration, but I would like to celebrate your departure soon. If it wouldn't be too much trouble, would you mind totting off right now?

Thanks! :D

Roomy
11-26-2007, 12:05 PM
Due to the overwhelming response I have had begging me to stay I will give you lot another chance, but be warned, you are running out of chances pretty quickly:salute:

Yurt
11-26-2007, 09:34 PM
Due to the overwhelming response I have had begging me to stay I will give you lot another chance, but be warned, you are running out of chances pretty quickly:salute:

gee, I'm *blessed* :lol:

Dilloduck
11-26-2007, 09:44 PM

What's the yardage on that hole? Looks tough as hell since I assume it's windy as hell there too.

gabosaurus
11-27-2007, 12:38 AM
My husband always wants me to post this picture he took of me holding a koala. I refuse to believe that I look like a koala.

Sitarro
11-27-2007, 02:29 AM
What's the yardage on that hole? Looks tough as hell since I assume it's windy as hell there too.

It does play long but is actually quite short at 412 yards from where I am standing shooting the photo. The end of the fairway is 271 yards off the tee and drops off to a sandy road that the surfers use to get to the beach. The tee shot is a challenge because you are at least 30 feet higher than the fairway and the roll goes on forever because the ground is very hard(very little irrigation). The wind was pretty constant at 15 - 25 knots from the right front. The fairway is actually pretty wide in the driving zone 255 yards off of the tee. Judging the approach shot is a little tricky too because the green is surrounded by 60 foot dunes and you probably have a short iron, 8 or 9 in your hands. You throw it up too steep into the wind and you will be really short. I hit a good 2 iron and a knock down 3/4 8 iron pin high.

Although very pretty, this golf course was not a fun track to play..... they liked the idea that it was very non-America........ Greg Norman designed it. There were no flat spots anywhere and you were not expected to hit at the pin..... you were suppose to run it up. The problem with that was the huge hump in front of most of the greens. It wasn't a good place to use your normal shot making skills, you weren't going to get rewarded..... in fact, you usually got screwed. Now Loch Lomond was designed by Tom Weiskopf and a lot more fun, beautiful layout. I was able to play it by myself without another person on the course..... almost as good as it gets. Queenswood too was more of an American style of course and the greens were receptive to a good golf shot.

diuretic
11-27-2007, 02:33 AM
My husband always wants me to post this picture he took of me holding a koala. I refuse to believe that I look like a koala.

Got powerful claws, the little buggers :)

Abbey Marie
11-27-2007, 10:32 AM
Sitarro, that golf course in Ireland looks amazing. Your photo makes me want to be there.

Sitarro
11-27-2007, 07:03 PM
Sitarro, that golf course in Ireland looks amazing. Your photo makes me want to be there.

Thank you Abbey, the course was on the Southwest corner of Ireland in County Clare. It is about an hour and a half southwest of Shannon airport. It is very rural and wonderful. I was stopped one morning behind about 150 black and white cows being moved to another pasture up the road.
I drank 2 pints of Guinness one night and left for the B&B and half way there pulled into a field. A laid down on the hood to look at the stars and watched satellites going by. The people are ridiculously nice, I loved almost every minute.

This link is pretty fun, it is a couple's narrated photographic log of a trip they took there.

http://www.bjandtony.com/200406Ireland.html

Little-Acorn
11-27-2007, 07:06 PM
I am seriously considering deleting my account here.

Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya......... :poke: