PDA

View Full Version : The Season is ON

Abbey Marie
11-25-2007, 10:29 PM
We pulled out our DVD of the Grinch and watched it last night. So, the Christmas season has officially begun. I guess it's not the decorating as much as the traditional watching of Grinch, Rudolph and of course, Charlie Brown that kick-starts it all for me.

How about you?

You’re a mean one Mr. Grinch
You really are a heel.
You're as cuddly as a cactus,
And as charming as an eel,
Mr. Grinch!
You're a bad banana,
With a greasy black peel!

You're a monster, Mr. Grinch!
Your heart's an empty hole.
Your brain is full of spiders.
You've got garlic in your soul,
Mr. Grinch!
I wouldn't touch you
With a thirty-nine-and-a-half foot pole!

You're a vile one, Mr. Grinch!
You have termites in your smile.
You have all the tender sweetness
Of a seasick crocodile,
Mr. Grinch!
Given the choice between the two of you,
I'd take the seasick crocodile!

You're a foul one, Mr. Grinch!
You're a nasty, wasty skunk!
Your heart is full of unwashed socks.
Your soul is full of gunk,
Mr. Grinch!

The three words that best describe you
Are as follows, and I quote,
"Stink, stank, stunk!"

You're a rotter, Mr. Grinch!
You're the king of sinful sots!
Your heart's a dead tomato,
Splotched with moldy, purple spots,
Mr. Grinch!

Your soul is an apalling dump-heap,
Overflowing with the most disgraceful
assortment of deplorable rubbish imaginable,
Mangled-up in tangled-up knots!

You nauseate me, Mr. Grinch!
With a nauseous super naus!
You're a crooked jerky jockey,
And you drive a crooked hoss,
Mr. Grinch!
You're a three-decker sauerkraut
and toadstool sandwich,
With arsenic sauce!

mrg666
11-25-2007, 10:31 PM
Poet Laureate (by appointment of dp )

jackass
11-26-2007, 02:43 PM
I caught National Lampoons Christmas Vacation the other night! Thats always a good one. Also A Christmas Story is one that means the season is upon us.

Kathianne
11-26-2007, 02:54 PM
I saw "A Christmas Story" last night. ;)

My outdoor lights are up, still need to do the tree.

Hagbard Celine
11-26-2007, 03:18 PM
I love the Grinch! It's my favorite from when I was a kid :) You can't mention Christmas specials without mentioning Rudolph though. The Abominable scared the heck out of me until I was 10! Good stuff. Hot chocolate made from real milk, egg nog, toasty sweaters and ba-rum-pa-pum-pum me and my drum. I'm a definate fan of the Christmas season. ;)

Mr. P
11-26-2007, 03:20 PM
Baaaaaaaaaaa.......Humbug!

KarlMarx
11-26-2007, 03:21 PM
Lucky me, I have a fireplace in the living room with the Christmas tree and a bunch of flameless candles (and a lava lamp)to go with it.

So it's turn down the lights, light the fireplace, turn on the Christmas tree and spin up one (or more!) of the following....

Miracle on 34th Street
Christmas Story
Charlie Brown Christmas Special
Rudolph
White Christmas
Bells of St Mary's
It's a Wonderful Life

If that doesn't get me into the Holiday Spirit... I'm joining the ACLU

Abbey Marie
11-26-2007, 04:02 PM
Lucky me, I have a fireplace in the living room with the Christmas tree and a bunch of flameless candles (and a lava lamp)to go with it.

So it's turn down the lights, light the fireplace, turn on the Christmas tree and spin up one (or more!) of the following....

Miracle on 34th Street
Christmas Story
Charlie Brown Christmas Special
Rudolph
White Christmas
Bells of St Mary's
It's a Wonderful Life

If that doesn't get me into the Holiday Spirit... I'm joining the ACLU

All great movies for the Christmas spirit, Karl. :clap:

Abbey Marie
11-26-2007, 04:05 PM
I love the Grinch! It's my favorite from when I was a kid :) You can't mention Christmas specials without mentioning Rudolph though. The Abominable scared the heck out of me until I was 10! Good stuff. Hot chocolate made from real milk, egg nog, toasty sweaters and ba-rum-pa-pum-pum me and my drum. I'm a definate fan of the Christmas season. ;)

Just repped you for the Avi. Love it! We collected the small stuffed versions of all of the charcters, and at Christmas they sit between the railings on our stairs. The bumble gets the most prominent placement. :)

Nukeman
11-26-2007, 05:01 PM
I saw "A Christmas Story" last night. ;)

My outdoor lights are up, still need to do the tree.

We always watch that one as a family also, sets the mood for the season.

Best lines:

Only one thing in the world could've dragged me away from the soft glow of electric sex gleaming in the window

I have since heard of people under extreme duress speaking in strange tongues. I became conscious that a steady torrent of obscenities and swearing of all kinds was pouring out of me as I screamed.

In the heat of battle my father wove a tapestry of obscenities that as far as we know is still hanging in space over Lake Michigan.

shattered
11-26-2007, 05:03 PM
Just repped you for the Avi. Love it! We collected the small stuffed versions of all of the charcters, and at Christmas they sit between the railings on our stairs. The bumble gets the most prominent placement. :)

They make Bumble slippers now. Obviously, they needed to be added to my *quite* extensive collection. :D

shattered
11-26-2007, 05:04 PM
Baaaaaaaaaaa.......Humbug!

Back in your can, Oscar.

Abbey Marie
11-26-2007, 05:05 PM
They make Bumble slippers now. Obviously, they needed to be added to my *quite* extensive collection. :D

Obviously!

I'm so glad to see the pic of crazy cat in tree is back up. It's one of my faves. :)

Has he mellowed yet?

shattered
11-26-2007, 05:51 PM
Obviously!

I'm so glad to see the pic of crazy cat in tree is back up. It's one of my faves. :)

Has he mellowed yet?

She's only 2 years old, and has just skated through her 8th life.

What does that tell you?

gabosaurus
11-26-2007, 07:34 PM
To me, Christmas is all about family. It is not about shopping, decorations, trees or holiday music. When I was younger, my family (my sister, myself and our parents) all went to Dallas to join our relatives for a huge Christmas celebration. Before Christmas dinner, everyone in the family received ONE gift (yes, our friends here totally horrified).

For the last several years, the celebrations have been held in Anaheim. We meet at home of my husband's parents, since they have the larger house. Last year (by some miracle), we got everyone in both our families under one roof for the first time. Myself, my sister and her husband, my husband, his two sisters (one brought her husband and three kids), both our parents and several other family members. Mostly from my dad's side, since my mom's relatives live in Germany.

Kathianne
11-26-2007, 09:11 PM
We always watch that one as a family also, sets the mood for the season.

Best lines:

Only one thing in the world could've dragged me away from the soft glow of electric sex gleaming in the window

I have since heard of people under extreme duress speaking in strange tongues. I became conscious that a steady torrent of obscenities and swearing of all kinds was pouring out of me as I screamed.

In the heat of battle my father wove a tapestry of obscenities that as far as we know is still hanging in space over Lake Michigan.

I've watched that movie perhaps 40 times. Last night I caught all those lines, thanks to my new hearing aids. I laughed so hard...

dan
11-27-2007, 06:36 AM
Bleh, same crap, different day. There's no Christmas season for me.

Gunny
11-27-2007, 07:04 AM
We pulled out our DVD of the Grinch and watched it last night. So, the Christmas season has officially begun. I guess it's not the decorating as much as the traditional watching of Grinch, Rudolph and of course, Charlie Brown that kick-starts it all for me.

How about you?

IMO, the Grinch is a wuss. WAY too soft. :drillsarge:

Abbey Marie
11-27-2007, 10:27 AM
IMO, the Grinch is a wuss. WAY too soft. :drillsarge:

:laugh2:

(we miss you around here, Gunny!)