PDA

View Full Version : Bush Youths Goosestep Into War

Psychoblues
11-26-2007, 01:22 AM
The Bush youth want desperately to please their leader.

Military training program for teens expands in US

CHICAGO (AFP) - Dozens of teens dressed in uniforms provided by the US Marines stand at attention in the gym of a Chicago public high school as a drill sergeant goes through a list of the day's do's and don'ts.

Bring your books to class. Come for extra help if you need it. And wear your uniform with pride.

"Young men, you think you can get a haircut and say I'm done for two or three weeks. WRONG," Sgt. Major Thomas Smith Jr. intones.

"Young ladies. There's been no problem with your uniforms but there is a problem with your ties. Again, I will go through it again. Wear your ties when you come to my class."

One in 10 public high school students in Chicago wears a military uniform to school and takes classes -- including,,,,,,,,,,,

Much More: http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20071125/ts_alt_afp/usmilitaryeducation

Just where do these misguided youths come from?

Pale Rider
11-26-2007, 01:26 AM
So... other than your liberal opinion... what is wrong with this? :dunno:

Psychoblues
11-26-2007, 01:43 AM
In what context do you accuse me of being a liberal, oh indoctrinated one?

I suspect your prejudice is well founded and easily explained and I eagerly await your senseless, if your history is reflective, answer.

Pale Rider
11-26-2007, 02:01 AM
In what context do you accuse me of being a liberal, oh indoctrinated one?

I suspect your prejudice is well founded and easily explained and I eagerly await your senseless, if your history is reflective, answer.

Now, now.... I can just as easily turn this into a pissing contest as you can, if that's what you want this to be. Otherwise, keep it real.

I have on problem with kids preparing for a possible military career. Most likely they have parents in the military. I don't see any harm. Quite the contrary, I see the military as a damn good way to build character, and to teach responsibility. I especially think you're opening claim that they're preparing to blindly march to their death as a mindless G.I. robot, "FOR BUSH," to be quite absurd, if not an utter joke.

Now you want to tell me what's wrong with it?

(You're not a liberal?)

Psychoblues
11-26-2007, 02:07 AM
OK, that's fair. And it's also fairly clear that you didn't read the article linked or you would at least marginally comment on it.

Now, now.... I can just as easily turn this into a pissing contest as you can, if that's what you want this to be. Otherwise, keep it real.

I have on problem with kids preparing for a possible military career. Most likely they have parents in the military. I don't see any harm. Quite the contrary, I see the military as a damn good way to build character, and to teach responsibility.

(You're not a liberal?)

Who told you I was a liberal and just what do you mean by your word "liberal"? Do you mean it as some kind of an unAmerican slur? If so, Kiss My Ass.

Pale Rider
11-26-2007, 02:17 AM
OK, that's fair. And it's also fairly clear that you didn't read the article linked or you would at least marginally comment on it.

Who told you I was a liberal and just what do you mean by your word "liberal"? Do you mean it as some kind of an unAmerican slur? If so, Kiss My Ass.

Ummm.... yes, I did read the SHORT article. So you didn't like my comments. What's new...

And it's just my recollection that you always argue liberal talking points, like the dumb ass article you started this thread with and the dumb ass comments you made to follow. Don't like being called a liberal? Then don't sound like one.

And get someone else to kiss your faggot ass. I'm not into that sick kind of brown eye worship... OK? Homo?

(I told you not to start a pissing contest... guess you want one anyway, since it's evident you can't say what's wrong with kids in pre military.)

Psychoblues
11-26-2007, 02:22 AM
All that breath and you only wink your brown eye?

Ummm.... yes, I did read the SHORT article. So you didn't like my comments. What's new...

And it's just my recollection that you always argue liberal talking points, like the dumb ass article you started this thread with and the dumb ass comments you made to follow. Don't like being called a liberal? Then don't sound like one.

And get someone else to kiss your faggot ass. I'm not into that sick kind of brown eye worship... OK? Homo?

(I told you not to start a pissing contest... guess you want one anyway, since it's evident you can't say what's wrong with kids in pre military.)

What kind of a sicko are you, pr?

Psychoblues
11-26-2007, 02:54 AM
You can't have it both ways, pr.

I have on problem with kids preparing for a possible military career. Most likely they have parents in the military. I don't see any harm. Quite the contrary, I see the military as a damn good way to build character, and to teach responsibility. I especially think you're opening claim that they're preparing to blindly march to their death as a mindless G.I. robot, "FOR BUSH," to be quite absurd, if not an utter joke.

If goosestepping and lemming habits are your idea of American philosophy then I suggest you go for it. If not, I suggest you pay attention.

Did you get the part in the article that states that these tactics are being used exclusively in poor and minority neighborhoods? Guess where that might lead in 15 or 20 years?

Your ignorance of science is only exceeded by your lack of understanding of historical facts. And, you don't read very well either.

stephanie
11-26-2007, 03:08 AM
This thread is stupid..

Like military recruiting and ROTC'S has only been going on since President Bush took office..

God Bless our Military Men and Women and our future military men and women who are willing to sacrifice for us ALL..:salute:

Psychoblues
11-26-2007, 03:14 AM
Damn, you'd look good in a Marine uniform!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This thread is stupid..

Like military recruiting and ROTC'S has only been going on since President Bush took office..

God Bless our Military Men and Women who are willing to sacrifice for us ALL..:salute:

Uncle Sam Wants YOU!!!!!!!!!!

stephanie
11-26-2007, 03:22 AM
Weeeellll...You'd probably look good in a tutu...

Damn, you'd look good in a Marine uniform!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe the BALLET WANTS YOU!?!?!?!?!?!?...:cheers2:

Uncle Sam Wants YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues
11-26-2007, 03:27 AM
Been there and done that, staphy.

Weeeellll...You'd probably look good in a tutu...
Maybe the BALLET WANTS YOU!?!?!?!?!?!?...:cheers2:

How does your uniform fit?

Pale Rider
11-26-2007, 03:30 AM
You can't have it both ways, pr.

If goosestepping and lemming habits are your idea of American philosophy then I suggest you go for it. If not, I suggest you pay attention.

Did you get the part in the article that states that these tactics are being used exclusively in poor and minority neighborhoods? Guess where that might lead in 15 or 20 years?

Your ignorance of science is only exceeded by your lack of understanding of historical facts. And, you don't read very well either.

This thread, as Stephanie has already pointed out, along with your twisted, moronic thoughts, is stupid, and I don't feel like arguing with such idiotic opinions tonight.

Take your liberal, "I HATE THE MILITARY," game and shove it up your ass Pb.... Dumbass. :fu:

You're just so fucking brilliant to talk down the very institution that has given you every fucking right you have. You couldn't be a bigger idiot if you tried.

stephanie
11-26-2007, 03:32 AM
Been there and done that, staphy.

How does your uniform fit?

I want a picture of you in your tutu...just to make sure your not fibbing about the ballot thing...

What happened...Your toes couldn't take the stress??

Psychoblues
11-26-2007, 03:36 AM
I love the military, pr. I spent the major part of my life in it and all the rest of it supporting it.

This thread, as Stephanie has already pointed out, along with your twisted, moronic thoughts, are stupid, and I don't feel like arguing with such idiotic opinions tonight.

Take your liberal, "I HATE THE MILITARY," game and shove it up your ass Pb.... Dumbass. :fu:

Is that all you and your committee could come up with? Your disdain for all things military and democratic is noted. I will remind you again of your own ridiculous comments. Keep posting, my friend. I enjoy your comments.

stephanie
11-26-2007, 03:55 AM
:salute:

Psychoblues
11-26-2007, 04:00 AM
Key words here: "Would Be"

Some people say they are Veterans...

If they are??...

How can they post some of the most disgusting articles and put down a would be military member, all because they hate a President..???

I don't know and I guess I never will..

:salute:

OK, let's hear your excuse. I guess the uniform didn't fit.

stephanie
11-26-2007, 04:03 AM
Key words here: "Would Be"

OK, let's hear your excuse. I guess the uniform didn't fit.

as you can see I deleted my post above because I didn't want to get into debating who and who is not a Nobel Veteran...But psycho caught it before I deleted it...so I have nothing more to say...Except thank you..
:cheers2::salute:

Psychoblues
11-26-2007, 04:06 AM
Pass the bottle and God Bless the troops?

I've run into your kind before.

stephanie
11-26-2007, 04:10 AM
Pass the bottle and God Bless the troops?

I've run into your kind before.

Great for you my friend..Your thread was still stupid...
But hey.....Pass the bottle..

Psychoblues
11-26-2007, 04:14 AM
No, no. I don't drink after skanks like you.

Great for you my friend..Pass the bottle..

Do you have an intelligible response to the article or are you just here to play smartass with me?

stephanie
11-26-2007, 04:17 AM

Do you have an intelligible response to the article or are you just here to play smartass with me?

Psychoblues
11-26-2007, 04:22 AM
Drinkin', wavin' the flag and flashin' don't cut it with this Veteran.

Don't show me your naked ass. Show me your true patriotism and tell me about your contributions in genuine support of our Troops and Veterans.

stephanie
11-26-2007, 04:25 AM
Drinking', wavin' the flag and flashin' don't cut it with this Veteran.

Don't show me you naked ass. Show me your true patriotism and tell me about your contributions in genuine support of our Troops and Veterans.

I'll leave it up to your imagination...Just like I have of you...

Psychoblues
11-26-2007, 04:30 AM
ohmygod, I can't imagine.

I'll leave it up to your imagination...Just like I have of you...

You never explained any excuse for it either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stephanie
11-26-2007, 04:32 AM
ohmygod, I can't imagine.

You never explained any excuse for it either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the thread you started was STILL SUPID...but who cares..

Psychoblues
11-26-2007, 04:41 AM
Were you ashamed of the post?

as you can see I deleted my post above because I didn't want to get into debating who and who is not a Nobel Veteran...But psycho caught it before I deleted it...so I have nothing more to say...Except thank you..

Let me remind you of how Veterans feel about your nonchalance towards them.

"Some people say they are Veterans...

If they are??...

How can they post some of the most disgusting articles and put down a would be military member, all because they hate a President..???

I don't know and I guess I never will.." Stephanie

You ain't honest and you ain't cute. What more can I say?

Psychoblues
11-26-2007, 04:44 AM
You don't have to respond to "STILL SUPID" threads, staphy.

the thread you started was STILL SUPID...but who cares..

What is your point?

stephanie
11-26-2007, 04:47 AM
Were you ashamed of the post?

Let me remind you of how Veterans feel about your nonchalance towards them.

"Some people say they are Veterans...

If they are??...

I don't know and I guess I never will.." Stephanie

You ain't honest and you ain't cute. What more can I say?

Thank you for you service...:cheers2::salute:

Psychoblues
11-26-2007, 04:52 AM
I'm sure that all the Veterans that I shuttle this week to the VA hospital share in your gratitude.

Nutten honey...
You seem to have all the answers...

I will never agree with you...but I hope you feel good with all the people who will agree with you...

Thank you for you service...:cheers2::salute:

I feel great. My buddies do as well. My wife and children tell me that they do as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Too bad the prez had too much on his plate to respect those that gave their lives to protect the right of an idiot like him could be appointed president.

stephanie
11-26-2007, 04:55 AM
I'm sure that all the Veterans that I shuttle this week to the VA hospital share in your gratitude.

I feel great. My buddies do as well. My wife and children tell me that they do as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Too bad the prez had too much on his plate to respect those that gave their lives to protect the right of an idiot like him could be appointed president.

:cheers2:

Psychoblues
11-26-2007, 04:58 AM
:pee:

:cheers2:

stephanie
11-26-2007, 05:05 AM
:pee:

la de da...la de da da da daAAAAAAAAA:laugh2:

:dance:

Psychoblues
11-26-2007, 05:09 AM
Your false patriotism is noted.

la de da...la de da da da daAAAAAAAAA:laugh2:

:dance:

Jokes are hard on you, aren't they?

stephanie
11-26-2007, 05:23 AM
Your false patriotism is noted.

Jokes are hard on you, aren't they?

clap::cheers2:

Psychoblues
11-26-2007, 05:29 AM
Keep your claps to yourself, staphy.

clap::cheers2:

Didn't you know it is now a felony to knowingly transmit a veneral disease?

stephanie
11-26-2007, 05:44 AM
Keep your claps to yourself, staphy.

Didn't you know it is now a felony to knowingly transmit a veneral disease?

:laugh2:
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/MOONING-vi.gif

you are a joke...

:huddle::bow2:

PostmodernProphet
11-26-2007, 06:01 AM
"My elementary school was out of control. Everybody just did whatever they wanted," said Mariah Coleman, 14.

"Here there's discipline, but there's freedom as well. Everybody just respects each other and we get respect from the teachers."

Standing with her hands clasped firmly behind her back, Coleman wrinkles her nose at the thought of enlisting and explains that she wants to be a mathematician. She enrolled in the Marine academy because she thought it would help her get into college.

meanwhile, back to the original article......this seems like a pretty good program.....if one in ten Chicago kids really are enrolled in these charter schools, there may be hope for big cities after all......

Kathianne
11-26-2007, 06:05 AM
meanwhile, back to the original article......this seems like a pretty good program.....if one in ten Chicago kids really are enrolled in these charter schools, there may be hope for big cities after all......

That actually was a very long article. Seems many kids and parents want them in the 'military' environment to help with discipline, much like many wanted the nuns and brothers of old. The rate of kids leaving after graduation for the military is no higher than regular public schools, though the military that spoke with the Trib acknowledged that those that 'enlist' have an easier time adapting than others.

Academic results are mixed, but behavior is a lot better. If nothing else, the kids learn self-discipline, which is ever so much better than when a cop has to teach it to you.

Joe Steel
11-26-2007, 08:25 AM
The Bush youth want desperately to please their leader.

Military training program for teens expands in US

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20071125/ts_alt_afp/usmilitaryeducation

Just where do these misguided youths come from?

According to the article:

While military officials say the junior reserve programs are not used as recruiting tools, about 30 to 50 percent of cadets eventually enlist, according to congressional testimony by the chiefs of staff of the various armed services in February 2000.

This is particularly troubling given that the programs are concentrated in low-income and minority neighborhoods, said Sheena Gibbs, a spokeswoman for the Chicago branch of the American Friends Service Committee which lobbies against the programs.

This is the danger the Founders hoped to avoid, poor and disconnected youth looking for a career. It's why we have the Second Amendment guaranteeing the People control of the military.

theHawk
11-26-2007, 09:34 AM
This is particularly troubling given that the programs are concentrated in low-income and minority neighborhoods, said Sheena Gibbs, a spokeswoman for the Chicago branch of the American Friends Service Committee which lobbies against the programs.

This is the danger the Founders hoped to avoid, poor and disconnected youth looking for a career. It's why we have the Second Amendment guaranteeing the People control of the military.

Who cares what Sheena Gibbs thinks, she lobbies against the military, so she can kiss my ass. Libs abhor the idea of young people choosing to serve their country because they'll miss out on their indoctrination at a liberal college. Or maybe all these "minority low-income" folk are just suppossed to stay put in their low-income minority neighborhoods and make a living selling drugs and getting thrown in jail.

Joe Steel
11-26-2007, 09:51 AM
Who cares what Sheena Gibbs thinks, she lobbies against the military, so she can kiss my ass. Libs abhor the idea of young people choosing to serve their country because they'll miss out on their indoctrination at a liberal college. Or maybe all these "minority low-income" folk are just suppossed to stay put in their low-income minority neighborhoods and make a living selling drugs and getting thrown in jail.

You should care. Your liberty is at risk.

Poor and disconnected youth, those who have no other choice in life, are bad choices for armed service. Their primary loyalty will be to their officers because they have no other means of support than the military. These soldiers will obey orders, no matter what they are, or face destitution and starvation.

What would you do if you were a poor soldier and were ordered to break-up a peaceful, lawful political gathering? Would you violate the First Amendment and face court-martial, discharge and homelessness or would you follow orders?

Pale Rider
11-26-2007, 11:02 AM
I love the military, pr. I spent the major part of my life in it and all the rest of it supporting it.
I find that increasingly hard to believe.

Is that all you and your committee could come up with? Your disdain for all things military and democratic is noted. I will remind you again of your own ridiculous comments. Keep posting, my friend. I enjoy your comments.
Yeah you're either high or drunk, or both, because there isn't a more pro military person on this board than me. It is YOU who is currently here bashing the military, and the kids who are planning to make it a career.

And I see you creatively edited out the part of my post that makes you sound like a nitwit...

You're just so fucking brilliant to talk down the very institution that has given you every fucking right you have. You couldn't be a bigger idiot if you tried.
That thought process coming from someone who claims they're a long time veteran and pro military is just... well... WEIRD.

Pale Rider
11-26-2007, 11:05 AM

Pot, Kettle, black.

Pale Rider
11-26-2007, 11:20 AM
You should care. Your liberty is at risk.
No... it's not.

Poor and disconnected youth, those who have no other choice in life, are bad choices for armed service. Their primary loyalty will be to their officers because they have no other means of support than the military. These soldiers will obey orders, no matter what they are, or face destitution and starvation.
That's a real line of crap, and completely unrealistic. As far as I know, every person born has been born with a brain, and they've been able to make decisions with that brain. If they're NOT able to make decisions with their brain, they're institutionalized, and the LAST place they would be allowed is in the military.

What would you do if you were a poor soldier and were ordered to break-up a peaceful, lawful political gathering? Would you violate the First Amendment and face court-martial, discharge and homelessness or would you follow orders?
Another false, completely unrealistic situation. There never would be "orders given" to "break up" a LEGAL, PEACEFUL demonstration. When a demonstration progresses to the point of impeding the work or harassment of others, then it needs to be broken up. Until then, "legal, peaceful" demonstrations are left alone.

Why is your mind so twisted? It just tells me that LIBERALISM is a SICKNESS.

Joe Steel
11-26-2007, 12:47 PM
No... it's not.

That's a real line of crap, and completely unrealistic. As far as I know, every person born has been born with a brain, and they've been able to make decisions with that brain. If they're NOT able to make decisions with their brain, they're institutionalized, and the LAST place they would be allowed is in the military.

Thomas Jefferson feared an army of the poor. Do you think he was an alarmist?

Another false, completely unrealistic situation. There never would be "orders given" to "break up" a LEGAL, PEACEFUL demonstration. When a demonstration progresses to the point of impeding the work or harassment of others, then it needs to be broken up. Until then, "legal, peaceful" demonstrations are left alone.

Throughout the world, armies regularly are used to break-up peaceful, lawful demonstrations. Why do you think it couldn't happen here? What's so special about America?

Why is your mind so twisted? It just tells me that LIBERALISM is a SICKNESS.

These were the Founders fears. Were they twisted, too?

Attacking liberalism is attacking America. Why do you hate America?

Pale Rider
11-26-2007, 12:56 PM
Throughout the world, armies regularly are used to break-up peaceful, lawful demonstrations. Why do you think it couldn't happen here?
We're not talking about the rest of the world. We're talking about America. Is it too hard for you to stay on topic? It doesn't happen here because that's not the way we do things here. The law is the law, and peaceful demonstrations are not disturbed in this country. I could care less how they're handled else where, and that is not the topic at hand.

What's so special about America?
This question is just so telling, of how much HATE and DISDAIN you must be full of for America. I sure hope you don't live here. If so, get the hell out.

Attacking liberalism is attacking America. Why do you hate America?
You just get through asking ME "what is so special about America," and then ask ME why I HATE AMERICA? Holy shit man.... what fucking planet are you on anyway? You're fucked in the head. You're a great example of why I question you liberals sanity.

trobinett
11-26-2007, 01:33 PM
Joe Steel posts:

Throughout the world, armies regularly are used to break-up peaceful, lawful demonstrations. Why do you think it couldn't happen here? What's so special about America?

America is special in MANY ways Mr. Steel. You sir, need to get out more often, and look around.

I've traveled and lived overseas for a number of years. NO PLACE, compairs to America, Canada is about the closest.

We enjoy so many advantages, so many freedoms, and have the ability to be as good as we want to be.

You want to work hard, put the time in, you too can be rewarded in this great country. Why do you think so many people are sneaking into America?

PEACEFULL demonstrations don't need to be broken up Mr. Steel.

Riots on the other hand.......:slap:

You need to read some American history.:salute:

Joe Steel
11-26-2007, 02:24 PM
We're not talking about the rest of the world. We're talking about America. Is it too hard for you to stay on topic?

Abuse of military power is the topic at hand. Can't you handle a complex idea?

It doesn't happen here because that's not the way we do things here. The law is the law, and peaceful demonstrations are not disturbed in this country. I could care less how they're handled else where, and that is not the topic at hand.

That's not way we do things? Is that your policy proposal? Cross your fingers and hope everything is OK?

That's wishful thinking...and foolish. Bad things happen everywhere because citizens close their eyes to creeping evil.

This question is just so telling, of how much HATE and DISDAIN you must be full of for America. I sure hope you don't live here. If so, get the hell out.

Be thankful real patriots like me, those of us study and understand the founding principles of this country, don't present such choices to poseurs like you.

You just get through asking ME "what is so special about America," and then ask ME why I HATE AMERICA? Holy shit man.... what fucking planet are you on anyway? You're fucked in the head. You're a great example of why I question you liberals sanity.

How charming.

You're a disgrace to this country and must be an embarrassment to your parents.

Joe Steel
11-26-2007, 02:34 PM
Joe Steel posts:

America is special in MANY ways Mr. Steel. You sir, need to get out more often, and look around.

I've traveled and lived overseas for a number of years. NO PLACE, compairs to America, Canada is about the closest.

We enjoy so many advantages, so many freedoms, and have the ability to be as good as we want to be.

You want to work hard, put the time in, you too can be rewarded in this great country. Why do you think so many people are sneaking into America?

PEACEFULL demonstrations don't need to be broken up Mr. Steel.

Riots on the other hand.......:slap:

You need to read some American history.:salute:

You might try reading something other than wingnut propaganda. You're living in a dreamworld.

Whatever you think America is it will remain only if citizens work to keep it. That means staying vigilant against conservatism. You should be thankful some of us are up to the task.

trobinett
11-26-2007, 03:52 PM
You might try reading something other than wingnut propaganda. You're living in a dreamworld.

Whatever you think America is it will remain only if citizens work to keep it. That means staying vigilant against conservatism. You should be thankful some of us are up to the task.

You sir may want to work on your reading, and comprehension skills.

You should be thankful, that you have the freedom to remain vigilant, in your somewhat twisted little world, to satisfy your ilk, that all is well in liberal land.

Those that are DESERVED that thank you, are ones like Pale, he has served with honor in our military, have you? Though I'm sure your not a big enough man to admit that.:poke:

Pale Rider
11-26-2007, 04:09 PM
Abuse of military power is the topic at hand. Can't you handle a complex idea?
No, it's not, moron. Kids reading themselves with pre military school is the topic.

Be thankful real patriots like me, those of us study and understand the founding principles of this country, don't present such choices to poseurs like you.
You're no more a patriot than a turd in a punch bowl. Your whole schtick here is anti American. You don't even have any idea "what is special" about America. You have to "ASK!"

I will caution you once and only once, LEAVE MY FAMILY OUT OF ANYTHING YOU HAVE TO SAY HERE!!!

Joe Steel
11-26-2007, 04:29 PM
No, it's not, moron. Kids reading themselves with pre military school is the topic.

Certainly. I just pointed-out the reason why it's a probelm.

You're no more a patriot than a turd in a punch bowl. Your whole schtick here is anti American. You don't even have any idea "what is special" about America. You have to "ASK!"

One of the things wrong with America is wingnuts calling patriots turds.

I will caution you once and only once, LEAVE MY FAMILY OUT OF ANYTHING YOU HAVE TO SAY HERE!!!

I haven't said anything about your family so don't try to contrive another distraction. Your inability to understand complex ideas is the problem. Let's try to deal with that first.

Joe Steel
11-26-2007, 04:33 PM
You sir may want to work on your reading, and comprehension skills.

You should be thankful, that you have the freedom to remain vigilant, in your somewhat twisted little world, to satisfy your ilk, that all is well in liberal land.

Those that are DESERVED that thank you, are ones like Pale, he has served with honor in our military, have you? Though I'm sure your not a big enough man to admit that.:poke:

My reading abilities easily are up to the challenges of this forum. I wonder, though, about my judgment. Attempting to educate the regulars seems pointless. Sometimes I wonder why I bother.

Abbey Marie
11-26-2007, 04:41 PM

Those statments don't even make sense.

So, why do you hate the poor so much that you would deny them an excellent career in the armed forces? Do you hate the idea that there would be meaning in their lives, by sacrificng for the greater good? By giving back?

Do you prefer to see them wearing paper hats? Or collecting welfare checks?

An btw, what exactly are they "disconnected" from ?

Joe Steel
11-26-2007, 04:56 PM
Those statments don't even make sense.

Only to the uneducated.

Educate yourself.

Time To Reconsider Jefferson's Call For Universal Service (http://www.commondreams.org/views04/0505-08.htm)

So, why do you hate the poor so much that you would deny them an excellent career in the armed forces? Do you hate the idea that there would be meaning in their lives, by sacrificng for the greater good? By giving back?

Do you prefer to see them wearing paper hats? Or collecting welfare checks?

An btw, what exactly are they "disconnected" from ?

Any army of paupers is a danger to liberty.

By the way, have you offered your support to public funding for education through college?

If not, why do you hate the poor?

Abbey Marie
11-26-2007, 04:59 PM
Only to the uneducated.

Educate yourself.

Time To Reconsider Jefferson's Call For Universal Service (http://www.commondreams.org/views04/0505-08.htm)

Any army of paupers is a danger to liberty.

By the way, have you offered your support to public funding for education through college?

If not, why do you hate the poor?

Who's uneducated? Aren't you still in high school? :lmao:

an army of the poor? you realize that there are no poor in the United states don't you? There may be people who make little money compared to other people. but even the poor of this nation are among the richest 5% of the worlds population.

And what makes the so called poor any less intelligent? Why are you so scared of the so called poor of this nation?

I see nothing wrong with teenagers being more willing to serve their nation and have military training. Psycho's allusions to Hitler and the Nazi's have no rational basis in reality.

The idea that these teenagers are Bush youths is absurd because Bush will not be President in a year and no one has forced these teenagers to join these programs.

Pale Rider
Certainly. I just pointed-out the reason why it's a probelm.
You may be aware of what's happening, but you're certainly not in tune with the why. It is NOT a PROBLEM.

I haven't said anything about your family so don't try to contrive another distraction.

Yes... you DID. And I won't tell you again to REFRAIN from such references.

jimnyc
11-26-2007, 05:37 PM
I haven't said anything about your family so don't try to contrive another distraction. Your inability to understand complex ideas is the problem. Let's try to deal with that first.

Joe, whether directly or indirectly, please don't mention another members family within your posts. We'll tolerate all kinds of flaming here but not when it comes to family members. Thanks.

Joe Steel
11-26-2007, 06:00 PM
Who's uneducated? Aren't you still in high school? :lmao:

You if you haven't read the article.

Joe Steel
11-26-2007, 06:09 PM
an army of the poor? you realize that there are no poor in the United states don't you? There may be people who make little money compared to other people. but even the poor of this nation are among the richest 5% of the worlds population.

And what makes the so called poor any less intelligent? Why are you so scared of the so called poor of this nation?

Intelligence has nothing to do with the problem.

Read the article previously cited. Thomas Jefferson feared an army of paupers. I share his sentiment but that's not the same thing as being fearful of the poor.

I see nothing wrong with teenagers being more willing to serve their nation and have military training. Psycho's allusions to Hitler and the Nazi's have no rational basis in reality.

The idea that these teenagers are Bush youths is absurd because Bush will not be President in a year and no one has forced these teenagers to join these programs.

According to the article, the program is directed toward poor and minority students. To the extent such persons are over-represented in the military, it will not reflect the citizenry as a whole and will have become the "standing" army of the Founders' fears.

gabosaurus
11-26-2007, 07:05 PM
Dude, I'm a confirmed liberal and I think this story is hogwash.