PDA

View Full Version : Hey manu...

Pale Rider
11-26-2007, 10:26 PM
... I've been researching receivers, and I've really come to an impasse. I've narrowed it down to four... the Onkyo TX-SR875, the Pioneer VSX-94TXH Elite, the Denon AVR-3808CI, or the Sony STR-DA5300ES. They're all very similiar in price and features. But I'll tell ya, I'm partial to the Sony because I've owned a few already and do like them, and two, they have this new GUI interface for on screen menus that make them a snap to set up.

But hey, which one would you go for?

manu1959
11-26-2007, 10:41 PM
... I've been researching receivers, and I've really come to an impasse. I've narrowed it down to four... the Onkyo TX-SR875, the Pioneer VSX-94TXH Elite, the Denon AVR-3808CI, or the Sony STR-DA5300ES. They're all very similiar in price and features. But I'll tell ya, I'm partial to the Sony because I've owned a few already and do like them, and two, they have this new GUI interface for on screen menus that make them a snap to set up.

But hey, which one would you go for?

don't know shit about receivers......

i own lots of denon stuff so i would probably go there....

Pale Rider
11-27-2007, 12:58 AM
don't know shit about receivers......

i own lots of denon stuff so i would probably go there....

I like Denon myself. As I've mentioned, my DVD player is a Denon. But I'm upgrading that too, and I plan on getting a Sony BDP-S500 Blue Ray HD player, so I might as well get the Sony receiver to match it. One less remote I'll have to handle no doubt. Check out this little video about Sony's GUI... (Graphical User Interface.) (http://reviews.cnet.com/av-receivers/sony-str-da5300es/4505-6466_7-32552105.html)

OK... a Sony STR-DA5300ES it is. Top of the line for Sony. The big daddy. :D

Ya know what... fuck the Sony... shit... I just a bunch of reviews about it... baaaaaad.

OK... back to the Pioneer, Onkyo or Denon.

manu1959
11-27-2007, 01:06 AM
I like Denon myself. As I've mentioned, my DVD player is a Denon. But I'm upgrading that too, and I plan on getting a Sony BDP-S500 Blue Ray HD player, so I might as well get the Sony receiver to match it. One less remote I'll have to handle no doubt. Check out this little video about Sony's GUI... (Graphical User Interface.) (http://reviews.cnet.com/av-receivers/sony-str-da5300es/4505-6466_7-32552105.html)

OK... a Sony STR-DA5300ES it is. Top of the line for Sony. The big daddy. :D

buying matched mfr components is a very sound decission.....my stuff is BAT and they design all their systems to match up......

Pale Rider
11-27-2007, 04:59 AM
buying matched mfr components is a very sound decission.....my stuff is BAT and they design all their systems to match up......

I edited in some other stuff after you posted. This is all getting bad. I read some crappy reviews about the Sony receiver, which I found surprising. So I look further at Pioneer, and their Elite BD HD DVD player that costs a whopping $1K, won't even freakin' play CD's!!! Count that out. So it's really back to the either the Onkyo or the Denon, and Onkyo doesn't even make an HD DVD player, so if I'm going to buy matching components, it looks like Denon. Sure it pays to fully read up and compare, but what a convoluted bunch of stuff this seems to be... :mad: