PDA

View Full Version : Terrorists Target Army Base — In Arizona

Pale Rider
11-27-2007, 04:37 AM
yeah that's right bush... just leave the border open, stop all attempts to build the fence, and give the illegals immunity and prosecute your own border patrol for doing their fucking job... you piece of traitorous shit...

Terrorists Target Army Base — In Arizona

By Sara A. Carter
November 26, 2007

Fort Huachuca, the nation's largest intelligence-training center, changed security measures in May after being warned that Islamist terrorists, with the aid of Mexican drug cartels, were planning an attack on the facility.

Fort officials changed security measures after sources warned that possibly 60 Afghan and Iraqi terrorists were to be smuggled into the U.S. through underground tunnels with high-powered weapons to attack the Arizona Army base, according to multiple confidential law enforcement documents obtained by The Washington Times.

"A portion of the operatives were in the United States, with the remainder not yet in the United States," according to one of the documents, an FBI advisory that was distributed to the Defense Intelligence Agency, the CIA, Customs and Border Protection and the Justice Department, among several other law enforcement agencies throughout the nation. "The Afghanis and Iraqis shaved their beards so as not to appear to be Middle Easterners."

According to the FBI advisory, each Middle Easterner paid Mexican drug lords $20,000 "or the equivalent in weapons" for the cartel's assistance in smuggling them and their weapons through tunnels along the border into the U.S. The weapons would be sent through tunnels that supposedly ended in Arizona and New Mexico, but the Islamist terrorists would be smuggled through Laredo, Texas, and reclaim the weapons later.

A number of the Afghans and Iraqis are already in a safe house in Texas, the FBI advisory said.

Read the rest... (http://www.washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071126/NATION/111260034/1001)

bullypulpit
11-27-2007, 07:57 AM
Can you cite a reputable news source, and not a shill for the Bush administration? The only place I find any reference to it is on the right wing-nut blogs and BB's.

jimnyc
11-27-2007, 07:59 AM
Can you cite a reputable news source, and not a shill for the Bush administration? The only place I find any reference to it is on the right wing-nut blogs and BB's.

Suddenly the Washington Times is no longer reputable?

Here's another just for you!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20071126/ts_alt_afp/usattacksmexicohuachuca_071126082617

Joe Steel
11-27-2007, 08:37 AM
yeah that's right bush... just leave the border open, stop all attempts to build the fence, and give the illegals immunity and prosecute your own border patrol for doing their fucking job... you piece of traitorous shit...

Terrorists Target Army Base — In Arizona

By Sara A. Carter
November 26, 2007[/B]

Fort Huachuca, the nation's largest intelligence-training center, changed security measures in May after being warned that Islamist terrorists, with the aid of Mexican drug cartels, were planning an attack on the facility.

How could terrorists sneak-up on an intelligence-training center?

Joe Steel
11-27-2007, 08:39 AM
Suddenly the Washington Times is no longer reputable?

Suddenly?

Monkeybone
11-27-2007, 08:41 AM
apparently they didn't Joe since we caught them/intercepted/learned of the attack.

Joe Steel
11-27-2007, 09:01 AM
apparently they didn't Joe since we caught them/intercepted/learned of the attack.

Doesn't that say something to you about the credibility of the story?

One thing you can't say about Islamic terrorists is that they're stupid. Do you think they really would expect to successfully target an intelligence center?

jimnyc
11-27-2007, 09:17 AM
Doesn't that say something to you about the credibility of the story?

One thing you can't say about Islamic terrorists is that they're stupid. Do you think they really would expect to successfully target an intelligence center?

That's a lame argument. Are we to believe that out of the hundreds upon hundreds of terrorist plots that have been foiled since 9/11 that the stories aren't credible because they were caught? They've targeted plenty of high profile places before and have been caught. Did they think they were going to get away with the operation at Ft. Dix?

Monkeybone
11-27-2007, 09:41 AM
i think that they probably targeted this one because it trains interogators for detention centers like Guantanamo Bay. probably wanted to send a message.

and how does that hurt the credibility of the report? and how do we even know what they terrorist knew it was an intelligence traing center? they more than likely saw a base that was close to the border that they could hit and run, imo.

Joe Steel
11-27-2007, 09:49 AM
That's a lame argument. Are we to believe that out of the hundreds upon hundreds of terrorist plots that have been foiled since 9/11 that the stories aren't credible because they were caught?

I doubt the scale of success. Hundreds and hundreds? More likely a dozen or two and those mostly because of good luck.

They've targeted plenty of high profile places before and have been caught. Did they think they were going to get away with the operation at Ft. Dix?

Most of what we've learned about the high-profile cases is that the media over-hyped them. The threats really weren't all that serious in the first place. That's why I wonder about this one.

Joe Steel
11-27-2007, 09:53 AM
i think that they probably targeted this one because it trains interogators for detention centers like Guantanamo Bay. probably wanted to send a message.

and how does that hurt the credibility of the report? and how do we even know what they terrorist knew it was an intelligence traing center? they more than likely saw a base that was close to the border that they could hit and run, imo.

As I said, they're not stupid. They know the difference between hard and soft targets. While I understand they might like to get the guys who are responsible for Guantanamo, they're smart enough to know they probably would have a very low probability of success.

Monkeybone
11-27-2007, 09:55 AM
How was Ft. Dix not serious? because they weren't caught in the actually act of shooting ppl?

Monkeybone
11-27-2007, 09:57 AM
As I said, they're not stupid. They know the difference between hard and soft targets. While I understand they might like to get the guys who are responsible for Guantanamo, they're smart enough to know they probably would have a very low probability of success.

understandable. but these guys would claim that it was a success if they killed someone, wouldn't even have to be a soldier, coulda been one of the civilians on base. most of these guys attack without a plan of walking away. fire a few anti-tank rockets and grenades into the base, and then fire at them and holding off until you can't anymore killing the most you can in the process

darin
11-27-2007, 10:03 AM

What do you know about Huachuca?

What makes MORE sense: Attacking, say, Fort Hood Texas, with it's division of fighting forces, or a post staffed by MI, instructional, and tech geeks?

Gaffer
11-27-2007, 10:20 AM
The articles never mentioned any of the terrorists being arrested. Just that there was a plot in the works to make this attack. Some of these guys were in safe houses in Texas and some had not yet crossed the border. It didn't even mention if the weapons had been found. Just that they were being shipped into Arizona. Another news article with no details. There was more information about the base and its location then about the terrorists and if any of them were actually caught.

Can we say aiding and abetting.