PDA

View Full Version : Finally going HD - tips?

darin
11-27-2007, 10:40 AM
Other than a HD box from Comcast, am I going to need any special cables or installation? Last night we got our family xmas gift to ourselves - 42" LCD 1080p for the master Bedroom. Should be here in about a week, so I'm trying to source all the 'other' stuff we'll need - such as a wall-mount and such. I'm a complete n00b at this stuff. Any tips? or Hints? I read somewhere ppl are having their TV's 'set-up' - having people come in an 'tune' the image quality and stuff? Make any sense?

jackass
11-27-2007, 03:31 PM
Its just like any other tv! You can tune it yourself. I know some people hire someone to run the wired behind the wall so you wont see them when it is hanging on the wall. Comcast may or may not give you the special component cables that you need to view the HD source. Other than that, its pretty much plug and play!

IF you are totally nuub, then you may or may not know that you can change the way your tv looks on certain channels. Example, you will only have a full screen on your tv when viewing the HD channels. Other non HD channels will have black bars on each side. You can set the tv to stretch the picture to fit the whole screen.

If you want to know something just let me know.

Little-Acorn
11-27-2007, 03:42 PM
We put a 50" Maxent plasma monitor from Costco, on top of a tall dresser. Our cable company supplied all the cables, boxes, etc. needed. Looks terrific, zero problems so far.

darin
11-27-2007, 06:05 PM
Thanks folks - when I get the thing I'll post up pics and questions/comments.