PDA

View Full Version : Slowness?

jimnyc
11-27-2007, 01:29 PM
Anyone else seeing slowness while loading pages on the forum today?

Abbey Marie
11-27-2007, 01:33 PM
The usual, as in, just like every day. Sometimes very slow, sometimes OK.

jimnyc
11-27-2007, 01:37 PM
Well, it's been loading exceptionally fast for me since the last maintenance, until today, when it started loading extremely slow for me around 7am until now. My HTML pages load super fast, just the board is slow, because that's when the SQL database comes into play. First they acknowledged a problem with queries earlier today and to let them know if it persisted, but now are linking me to a stinking generalized link to troubleshoot my own problem, essentially stating all is fine and that the slowness is on my end.

remie
11-27-2007, 02:17 PM
Well, it's been loading exceptionally fast for me since the last maintenance, until today, when it started loading extremely slow for me around 7am until now. My HTML pages load super fast, just the board is slow, because that's when the SQL database comes into play. First they acknowledged a problem with queries earlier today and to let them know if it persisted, but now are linking me to a stinking generalized link to troubleshoot my own problem, essentially stating all is fine and that the slowness is on my end.

Actually mine has been faster today than ususal...go figua

Dilloduck
11-27-2007, 02:21 PM
Actually mine has been faster today than ususal...go figua

I upgraded my CPU and motherboard----It's ALL hauling ass as far as I'm concerned.

Gaffer
11-27-2007, 02:23 PM
Never sure if its the board or my service, which tends to be bad most of the time. But I have noticed a slowness in loading the page today.

dan
11-27-2007, 02:39 PM
Anyone else seeing slowness while loading pages on the forum today?

Sure, every time I read one of Roomy's posts.:laugh2:

Seriously, though, the site's actually been working faster over the past few days than it has in a while, for me anyway.

diuretic
11-27-2007, 05:01 PM
I'm in Australia, our broadband is about as fast as a piece of string between two tins/cans so unless the site has exploded I haven't got a clue if it's fast or slow :laugh2: